Princess Login Issues

beg3yrs

3 minutes ago, compozer said:

after all the problems everyone is having with the app, I have no interest in using it.

I too haven't touched the app but the website is also having problems.  I booked a new cruise today and it shows up in the upcoming cruises section but when I click on manage my cruise I get this message:

There was an error in the processing of your request. Please check the information and try again. If you continue to have problems, please call 1-800-PRINCESS and we will be happy to assist you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I too haven't touched the app but the website is also having problems.  I booked a new cruise today and it shows up in the upcoming cruises section but when I click on manage my cruise I get this message:

There was an error in the processing of your request. Please check the information and try again. If you continue to have problems, please call 1-800-PRINCESS and we will be happy to assist you.

Yep, I just logged in and all of my upcoming cruises are there.  Looked normal.  Then I clicked on our upcoming Alaska cruise and got this message:

image.png.cca335e1a620343ab04d5d612276b931.png

Updated to add:  I get the same thing when I try to access all 4 of my booked cruises.   I can get to cruise history, FCCs, saved cruises etc.

Edited by azbirdmom

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yep, I just logged in and all of my upcoming cruises are there.  Looked normal.  Then I clicked on our upcoming Alaska cruise and got this message:

Yep, me too. I just came on to see if everyone else was having this problem.

• Like 2

I am so frustrated with Princess.  We have a group of people going on a cruise and have been trying to coordinate all of our different flights (we all live in different towns and trying to meet at a connecting airport to fly overseas together).  Unfortunately, some of our group can't get on to look at flights, and a few of us who finally got our accounts fixed a couple of days ago, now also can't get into the actual booked cruises to access the flights.  So our group has missed out on less expensive flights while prices have gone up several hundred dollars over the past 2 weeks.  Some of us went ahead and booked a couple of days ago when we finally could access, but are paying a lot more than we would have if the website was actually working.  While frustrating for some people, for others, it is costing us money!  Sure wish they would get their act together.

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Updated to add:  I get the same thing when I try to access all 4 of my booked cruises.   I can get to cruise history, FCCs, saved cruises etc.

Just got the same message and can’t get into any bookings

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Same here. Website logs me in can see my booking but cannot manage my booking. I am leaving it alone. App is working fine today. 

1 hour ago, BassettMom said:

I am so frustrated with Princess.  We have a group of people going on a cruise and have been trying to coordinate all of our different flights (we all live in different towns and trying to meet at a connecting airport to fly overseas together).  Unfortunately, some of our group can't get on to look at flights, and a few of us who finally got our accounts fixed a couple of days ago, now also can't get into the actual booked cruises to access the flights.  So our group has missed out on less expensive flights while prices have gone up several hundred dollars over the past 2 weeks.  Some of us went ahead and booked a couple of days ago when we finally could access, but are paying a lot more than we would have if the website was actually working.  While frustrating for some people, for others, it is costing us money!  Sure wish they would get their act together.

Are you working with a Princess planner or a TA?  Can anyone help you with this? I try not to let things bother me anymore but that would definitely be upsetting.  Good luck!

On 6/6/2021 at 10:47 AM, Astro Flyer said:

Princess had 14 months to create a fully functioning MedallionClass system & app. Now that they’re forcing us to do everything on it we cannot even sign in. I realize that techies work on their system on many weekends so that’s not a complete surprise. But for some people those issues didn’t begin this weekend. Since Thursday some of us have been able to see new options including Dine My Way on the MC app & the problems likely resulted in yesterday’s iOS app update. 

It’s ridiculous to force us to use an incomplete app that doesn’t work as promised…very disappointing.

Yes it is disappointing!

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

My husband gets the same message when he logs-in to his account and tries to manage one of the cruises we have booked. However, I can't even log-in to my account today, worked fine yesterday but today it says "success" but then brings me to a page asking for more information.... I have not filled the page requesting information since they already have all of this information! But the app on my phone works and my cruises are all there....

11 minutes ago, ringers0815 said:

My husband gets the same message when he logs-in to his account and tries to manage one of the cruises we have booked. However, I can't even log-in to my account today, worked fine yesterday but today it says "success" but then brings me to a page asking for more information.... I have not filled the page requesting information since they already have all of this information! But the app on my phone works and my cruises are all there....

I got the page requesting information earlier today and ignored it.  Shortly thereafter I was able to get in without putting anything more in.  It's been down a few hours now so I do think it's best to leave it along and hope for a better experience tomorrow.

• Like 1

I too am having the same issue as everyone else is reporting.  However, either late yesterday or early today there was a pop-up message on the front page that they were going to be doing more website maintenance this evening.  I was under the impression that it was to be later, around midnight but they obviously have started earlier!

18 hours ago, capriccio said:

Back in my former life I worked on the design, testing and implementation of complex computer systems.  Emergency fixes are expected but never, ever on this scale.  It seems to me that the time allotted to the testing phase must have been reduced significantly.  It is the phase most likely to be compressed by executives unfamiliar with the importance of the process especially when it gets squeezed by a design phase that takes longer than expected (and they all do) and an unwavering implementation date. 

Also an important factor, contracting the work to an outside organization whose employes are unfamiliar with the inner workings of the company they are building software for and have no loyalty to that company.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, compozer said:

after all the problems everyone is having with the app, I have no interest in using it.

Unfortunately some functionality is being removed from the Personalizer and will only be available on the app. For example, selecting a dining option.

Also, some new requirements will only be available via the app. This includes a required form concerning accepting the risk of contracting Covid and learning about your assigned check-in time.

Of course, the app is unavailable to all people who:

a) Do not have a smart phone or compatible tablet.

b) Have smart phones with older versions of the operating system

And Princess agents and TAs are not allowed to make some of the entries for you such as accepting the Covid risk form.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Unfortunately some functionality is being removed from the Personalizer and will only be available on the app. For example, selecting a dining option.

Also, some new requirements will only be available via the app. This includes a required form concerning accepting the risk of contracting Covid and learning about your assigned check-in time.

Of course, the app is unavailable to all people who:

a) Do not have a smart phone or compatible tablet.

b) Have smart phones with older versions of the operating system

And Princess agents and TAs are not allowed to make some of the entries for you such as accepting the Covid risk form.

Give it time for them to sort it out. 
of course it is frustrating when things change and something doesn’t work for you. 
surely the cruiseline does not want to lose customers. They will also have to inservice their staff on helping us use this technology. As others have said- move over to a company that does not use app 

12 minutes ago, dog said:

of course it is frustrating when things change and something doesn’t work for you. 
surely the cruiseline does not want to lose customers.

When the VP of sales says to have your grandchild put the app on their smart phone and then make the entries for you, it does not look like Princess wants to sort it out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dog said:

surely the cruiseline does not want to lose customers. They will also have to inservice their staff on helping us use this technology.

The VP of sales said that the phone reps cannot help you with the submission of the required Covid risk form since you must personally acknowledge the risk. Nor, he said, could your TA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

When the VP of sales says to have your grandchild put the app on their smart phone and then make the entries for you, it does not look like Princess wants to sort it out.

That line is at least 20 years old. It is funny. 

Search Internet Help Desk, Three Dead Trolls on YouTube. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

The VP of sales said that the phone reps cannot help you with the submission of the required Covid risk form since you must personally acknowledge the risk. Nor, he said, could your TA.

Surely they will come up with a way: old school mail it in, print it out and fax it yourself. 

You are highly unlikely to solve your problem on here. It is wait and see. Do you cruise soon?

yes, those cruising. In the next few months will need answers soon. Only Princess will have them or lose business. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dog said:

You are highly unlikely to solve your problem on here. It is wait and see. Do you cruise soon?

yes, those cruising. In the next few months will need answers soon. Only Princess will have them or lose business. 

In all honesty, not sure Princess cares if they lose business ... the app in one form or another has been active since 2017 ... and they just keep adding more stuff that the app should do ... whoever is contracted to do the OM work is happy, happy, happy ... job security for at least another decade ... wonder what a STEM class of 10-year-olds could do with this.

Crazy that OM updates require users to dump and redownload the app ... I have no other app that requires that.

The upside for Princess:  by default, they are reducing the bloat in their rewards program.