Princess Login Issues

beg3yrs

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Also an important factor, contracting the work to an outside organization whose employes are unfamiliar with the inner workings of the company they are building software for and have no loyalty to that company.

Having sat on both sides of the table during various implementations and upgrades I agree.  It is especially important that the company have a strong team knowledgeable in both the inner workings of the company and the system design and implementation process. 

3 hours ago, dog said:

Surely they will come up with a way: old school mail it in, print it out and fax it yourself. 

Actually, the sensible thing to do would be to allow it to be done via the Personalizer.

But they are in the process of removing peronalization from the Personalizer and moving some functionality to the app only.

And why, for example, no longer allow selecting bed arrangement from booking time to now be at cabin assignment time for those who do not select a cabin when booking. With many GTY cabins not assigned until the week before embarkation, why make this a last minute chore? (Not known yet if that selection will still be possible via Peronalizer.)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Having sat on both sides of the table during various implementations and upgrades I agree.  It is especially important that the company have a strong team knowledgeable in both the inner workings of the company and the system design and implementation process. 

And put experienced people on the job, not just the next person they hire which I have seen too many times.

32 minutes ago, caribill said:

And why, for example, no longer allow selecting bed arrangement from booking time to now be at cabin assignment time for those who do not select a cabin when booking. With many GTY cabins not assigned until the week before embarkation, why make this a last minute chore? (Not known yet if that selection will still be possible via Personalizer.)

This isn't really the case.  Bed setup selection is part of your MC profile and not voyage-specific.  It does mean for active multiple voyage bookings, they must all have the same bed config request.  Of course, experienced cruisers know that sometimes we arrive at our cabin and it isn't setup correctly, but Stewart will cheerfully fixe that evening while you are at dinner.

I have a new theory as to why some members here are posting things working for them, including dining selections and reservations. 

As we know, Princess has been removing information and reservation maintenance from Cruise Personalizer (CP) on the website to the MedallionClass (MC) app.  Software and systems processing either work or don't work.  Sometimes, bad data can cause an issue, but this is often an abort situation and system goes down.  I have been finding it odd that some folks can access and update their voyages and not others - on the same platform as others who can't (Android and Apple). 

It makes me think that they are not just shifting data, but have significantly updated the booking information we see and use in the CP and are converting bookings from the old system to the new system.  I am one who has four future voyage bookings for OCT 2022 sail dates.  When I log into Princess.com in past couple days or so (weekend sometime I think), my future cruises are listed as normal, but if I click on any of them, I get an error message and don't get in.  My favorite saved list is there and working, I can click into them and shop cabins and prices.  I am not logged out despite what the message states.  My Captain Circle data is there, etc. 

On the MC app, we can login and see all voyages (1 B2B2B + 1 other), but there is no functionality to do the BlueLane check-in (other than Medallion choice is green).  We do not have the DMW functionality choice. 

So, my working theory, until proven otherwise, is that they are migrating data in some way and could be for voyages nearest in time, generally.  Not totally sure on that one.  But it is the only explanation I can think of logically why the same website/app software we are all using works for some of the voyage booking data and not for others.

I have had this issue for about 3 weeks now.  I have changed my password 5-6 times.  It then asks me to register, (which i shouldn't have to) but I do and then it says that register is successful and its logging me in but it never does.  I know i can get on with my booking #, but then when i try to buy an excursion i would assume that it would ask for you to login?  when I asked a rep they kept asking me about the med app?  i would only use the app when actually on the cruise.  when i am at home i use my desktop.  this is REALLY frustrating!!!  Any ETA on fix?????  As princess seems to know nothing.  i have been cruising with princess since 2013 and website has been awesome since now!!!

I left it alone and now the Princess Personalizer is updated and I am able to log in. The MedallionClass app has been working again for me for quite awhile. 

I do not see the Risk form that caribill keeps mentioning. Where is it? 

15 minutes ago, dog said:

I left it alone and now the Princess Personalizer is updated and I am able to log in. The MedallionClass app has been working again for me for quite awhile. 

and my dining time and table for 2 request has been removed from my travel summary and the app is offering several choices 5, 5:20 etc but only offers me table for 4. 

19 minutes ago, dog said:

You can find it under Travel Checklist,  item 1 Personal Information and Documents.   

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dog said:

In mine only the passage contract is there to read.  But there's two pre-checked statements about accepting the passage contract and risk assessment.  I just looked at the passage contract in the app again to see if it includes the risk acceptance language and it does not.  I've attached the risk assessment statement shared in one of the recent webinars held by the Princess SVP.  Would be interested in knowing if anyone can see this separately in the app yet.COVID19RiskAcceptance.pdf

8 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

You can find it under Travel Checklist,  item 1 Personal Information and Documents.   

Can you actually see the separate Risk Assessment (I just posted it above).

On a side note, I spoke to the folks at the AstraZeneca study today.  Apparently they have been directed by AstraZeneca to send the vaccine records to the state of Arizona (I assume that it's happening everywhere but not 100%) AND that they will be issuing CDC cards to everyone who got a vaccine through the trial.  This is new guidance within the last month and a half.  If you haven't talked to the folks at your study, you might want to check in with them.  I feel lots better about having the proof of vaccine for my DH when Princess finally updates the app to accept this information!

29 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

On a side note, I spoke to the folks at the AstraZeneca study today.  Apparently they have been directed by AstraZeneca to send the vaccine records to the state of Arizona (I assume that it's happening everywhere but not 100%) AND that they will be issuing CDC cards to everyone who got a vaccine through the trial.  This is new guidance within the last month and a half.  If you haven't talked to the folks at your study, you might want to check in with them.  I feel lots better about having the proof of vaccine for my DH when Princess finally updates the app to accept this information!

It does not appear as a separate document.  Item 6 appears to contain very similar language as the proposed document.   When accepting the contract we get the check mark.   4 down 2 to go.   Nothing to stop them from putting in another clause in the Health portion which will come out close to sailing.

Thanks for the info on AstraZeneca, very similar to what we have been told.  Our next appt for a blood draw is in 3 weeks. Will follow up with them. 

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1

This thread was started on May 13.  I can't believe this thread has gone on for 22 pages in less than a month.  Wow....

Princess...are you paying attention to your passengers' concerns?  This is so amateurish.  Pretty sad for such a large corporation.  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

and my dining time and table for 2 request has been removed from my travel summary and the app is offering several choices 5, 5:20 etc but only offers me table for 4. 

Are you a party of four, including cruisemates?  Or, I wonder if the allotment of 2-tops is gone.

Another interesting Q for Princess is whether they are somehow offering a partial inventory of tables and reservations this early.  For example, they only offer a limited number of Specialty Restaurant reservations in the Personalizer.  Just an idle thought and could be wrong.  There is no reason they should not allow the TD capacity to book out to full in the app as they used to do so in Personalizer and then start a Wait List.  They should have a WL as well for DMW, but who knows?  I do not.

• Like 1

Re:app-dining. I got everything changed to my liking except for the first night  dinner. I will book my specialty dinner that night. 

I went to preferences. Then selected the option to choose my time each night. Table for 2 was available 11 out of 12 nights in main dining room I wanted 

found the Risk form. Agreed—- only way I will get to use my FCC!

what a pain in the b@@@!

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

Does anyone know about club class tables?   Do you have to reserve those also?   And what about suites, I thought they  could get a speciatly reservation almost any night.

I don't do much over apps so because I always screw something up.    What happens if you do not want to use your phone while on a cruise?

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

You probably heard or know this already, but a "coming soon" feature (per the last TA webinar) is the "vaccination attestation" process wherein you attest/certify you are vaccinated AND will be required to show proof at the cruise terminal. Right now, they are guessing the proof is the CDC card showing inoculation info and for now, it's just the Alaska cruises (which I think you're on, right?). Just curious, did you request the official vaccination records from AZDHS? That would probably be better than the CDC cards, I would think. 

• Like 1