We Lifted n shifted a 11/2020 Constellation cruise to 11/2021. Don’t trust Celebrity

Caymus88

We booked a Corner Family Veranda for 11/2020.  When we L n S to 11/ 2021, the designation was changed to

Family Oceanview guarantee.  Yes we called our TA and assured us we had an FV guarantee.

At this point we don’t want to go; we have a NRD and don’t trust them to honor our FV anyway.

when is final payment due; any chance we’ll get NRD back?
The mask possibility and other changes pushed us to not go.

I have been lifted and shifted twice now. The second shift I was told I would be sent a invoice. That invoice I have never received. At least I am only dealing with deposit money so just maybe my TA can track down the information to where everything went. At least I save the e-mails that were went to me saying a new invoice had been generated. 

• Like 1

With NRD you won't get your deposit back if you choose to cancel your cruise. If Celebrity cancels, you can get FCC for the deposit.  A few months into the pandemic, they were also refunding the non-refundable deposits as a good will gesture. Whether they will do this in the future, no one knows. 

• Like 1

If OP were to cancel I believe they would be entitled the their entire NRD deposit as FCC which would of course need to be used (booked by) 4/30/2022 and sail by 9/30/2022.  

Don't worry about the Family Oceanview designation, that's what it shows on the reservation the website, that's normal.   Check your invoice, it should say FV GTY.  Now the issue is that since it's a GTY, if there are none available to assign they would upgrade you.  Unfortunately the next category upgrade is a C3 cabin which we all know is not really and upgrade.

If you are still interested in sailing I'd keep calling asking if they can assign a cabin.  You have until final payment date to make the final decision.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

Don't worry about the Family Oceanview designation, that's what it shows on the reservation the website, that's normal.   Check your invoice, it should say FV GTY.

Normally  you may be right.  But if they had the Corner Family Veranda,  then that is worth fighting for because if they are like the Millennium class the FV the wraparound view and spacious deck are fantastic and also hard to get.  We had the corner FV on two Panama sailings.

I understand that.  I was just saying the description on the website reservation page is misleading as it says Family Oceanview Stateroom which doesn't exist.

My advise was to push for an assignment prior to final payment as we all know they have availability since they hold them for families of 5.   As an "upgrade" to the next category is not going to be acceptable.

• Like 1

Have you called Celebrity directly? They could better answer your question.

Our Lift & Shift went perfectly--they booked us the same cabin!

I agree that it would seem you would get the same category you booked OR BETTER. 

But call & ask!

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

The problem with this specific class on the "M" class is the only category that is truly better is a suite but that is 5 or 6 categories up.   The FV rooms are really special especially the corner ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vivian02 said:

I have been lifted and shifted twice now. The second shift I was told I would be sent a invoice. That invoice I have never received. At least I am only dealing with deposit money so just maybe my TA can track down the information to where everything went. At least I save the e-mails that were went to me saying a new invoice had been generated. 

Your TA can get the copy of the invoice,  mine sent a copy with every change.

2 hours ago, JRG said:

Normally  you may be right.  But if they had the Corner Family Veranda,  then that is worth fighting for because if they are like the Millennium class the FV the wraparound view and spacious deck are fantastic and also hard to get.  We had the corner FV on two Panama sailings.

We booked the aft corner FV 

4 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

We booked the aft corner FV 

How many people in your cabin?  They oftentimes won't allow you to book one of those 'special rooms', which they are on the M class ships, if you don't have 4 or 5 guests on the booking until it gets closer to the sail date.  

23 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

I think they were converted to Sunset Suites.

You beat me to it cruzzinma.  i thought I had heard that too.  i put one of these on hold for a friends once who does not know too much about booking cruises and they said it was the best cabin they'd ever had on a cruise.  hope the OP gets this solved to their satisfaction.

7 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

How many people in your cabin?  They oftentimes won't allow you to book one of those 'special rooms', which they are on the M class ships, if you don't have 4 or 5 guests on the booking until it gets closer to the sail date.  

We booked it 2 years ago

33 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It really depends on the cruise as to when the FVs open up to fewer than 5 guests.  On something like a transatlantic, where X knows there aren't going to be lots of families with kids, they are likely to open up sooner.

I hope the OP gets what they booked!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

In my opinion since they allowed the L&S they should assign the stateroom.   I would push this with Celebrity.   If they won't I'd push for a refund as that seems to be what OP wants anyway.

I would push it too.  The OP has a TA, shouldn’t the TA be doing the pushing/going to bat fir the OP?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

You have to either check-book early with a ghost booking to check availability and then call your travel agent to reserve it,  the travel agent wrapped up the details and we booked it with 3 one time and 4 another.   So you are right they are 'special' and you may have to ask.

They go fast and with few in number they are highly desirable.