Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

8 hours ago, harfield said:

Thanks everyone for the advise with installing the Medallion App. Just updated my Ipad Pro (now version 15) but still no joy. I think will take some your advice and wait a while and see if they instail a better version. For the life of me I cant understand why they release these new systems when obviously they are flawed. It certain makes it frustrating and annoying especially for us oldies that do struggle with new technology. 

I've been struggling with the medallion app since it was first introduced and never have gotten it to work properly for check-in.

Last week I had to call Princess to change cabin numbers for a booked trip & mentioned that the app wasn't working properly. The rep entered my info into the app for me & now it seems to be working properly....at least I'm now in the green lane. 

• Like 1

Were sailing again soon, bringing Mom this time.  I visited her yesterday & was

able to download the App on her Iphone 6.  Was able to put in SOME of her boarding info.

Was able to take a current picture. 

A couple things wouldn't save....

When it came to scanning her passport?  Did Not work.

So I tried to enter manuallym but would Not get to her correct Birthdate.

Have to Swipe to the date 80+ years ago? Asinine.

Will finish what I can the day before we leave, otherwise, bringing good ole hard copies.

My experience today, FWIW.  (The short version -- there IS hope!)

Previously, I had three upcoming cruises visible on the app. The first one, with a January departure date, showed green line with all but the#4 boarding group set.  (Those had never been available.)   The middle cruise was cancelled by Princess 4 weeks ago, but had persisted in the app.  That prevented my replacement cruise, which had overlapping dates, from displaying.  

Today, looking at my app, I saw ONLY the replacement middle cruise.  Since I never had seen this cruise previously, all of the cruise-specific data (payment, Medallion order, etc.) was empty.  I entered it.  But I still couldn't see my other two cruises, including the one in January.

So I deleted the app from my iPhone 12 Pro Max, reinstalled it from the App Store, and logged in with the booking number from my January cruise. Voilá!  All three of my booked cruises were visible.  Once again, I was green line for the January cruise with only #4 missing.  So I tried to select a Boarding Group.  And YES, I was able to do so, at 5 weeks before our departure.

Keep at it, folks!

--Marne

Edited by marne-c
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Not get to her correct Birthdate.

Have to Swipe to the date 80+ years ago? Asinine.

I had the same experience and did not notice that there was a scroll point for the year as well as month.

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The app is now telling me that the Atlanta airport is not my local airport.

Someone get the programmers a globe and a set of maps!

Ooooh, ooh, I know what causes this one!

Either the address information in the booking is blank, or there’s a mismatch between the address in the Captain’s Circle account and the booking.  Reservations, your PVP or your TA can fix it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Either the address information in the booking is blank, or there’s a mismatch between the address in the Captain’s Circle account and the booking.  Reservations, your PVP or your TA can fix it. 

Or, in my case…it was on a b2b…

confuses the app.

I put my travel on each b2b as the if it was the first date TO the ship and the last flight FROM the ship.

In other words, same to/fr on eavery booking.  It worked.  Just make sure as the last poster said VibeGuy, you check these.  And yes Princess can fix it. 
It had dropped my address on my b2b

cruise.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Thank you! I just added my country code (+1) and suddenly I was allowed to set my airport.  My princess.com account already had this, but the medallion app did not.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The app is now telling me that the Atlanta airport is not my local airport.

Someone get the programmers a globe and a set of maps!

I have the same problem.  I live in San Diego and it tells me that it is not my airport.  My son is sailing with me and his home airport is Memphis.  Wonder if it what it would tell me if I entered Memphis for both of us.  All else is good and we are in the green lane so I'm not going to chance it.

4 hours ago, emerald777 said:

I'm almost afraid to post this (knock on wood), but had no problem entering required information on both mine and my husband's phone apps.  Everything went smoothly and we are good to go!  

Don't be afraid. Some of us are very envious but it's nice to know it can work.

3 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

I have the same problem.  I live in San Diego and it tells me that it is not my airport.  My son is sailing with me and his home airport is Memphis.  Wonder if it what it would tell me if I entered Memphis for both of us.  All else is good and we are in the green lane so I'm not going to chance it.

TA enters home airport and ours routinely set ours as LAX, since we are from Ca., I had Princess rep change to Sacramento.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tedferg said:

TA enters home airport and ours routinely set ours as LAX, since we are from Ca., I had Princess rep change to Sacramento.

I had to call Princess to get that home airport issue resolved as well.

I could not get our passports to scan. I manually entered all our  info and dob in the app. Gave my fingers a good workout!😁

ANDROID - There is also an update for us.  Perhaps loaded Dec 1???

Thing is the Play Store info still mentions NOV 1 as latest update and the changes list is for that time as well. 

However, the UPDATE button is highlighted and the version number is changed to 3.0.96990.

So, I did the Update.

Edited by Steelers36

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

ANDROID - There is also an update for us.  Perhaps loaded Dec 1???

Thing is the Play Store info still mentions NOV 1 as latest update and the changes list is for that time as well. 

However, the UPDATE button is highlighted and the version number is changed to 3.0.96990.

So, I did the Update.

Since nothing listed other than what @Astro Flyer listed for Apple, I did some checking (want to be sure my data is all there, LOL).

I saw a link at bottom of Personal Info & Docs for Cruise Personalizer to book flights, spa, excursions, but it didn't work.  Surprise, surprise!

No other observed changes.  MedallionNet still not recognizing status to charge half-price.

27 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I saw a link at bottom of Personal Info & Docs for Cruise Personalizer to book flights, spa, excursions, but it didn't work.  Surprise, surprise!

I cannot locate that option in the app but maybe that’s because EZair flights won’t be available for a few days. I haven’t discovered any new issues with this update which has been my experiences with recent updates. 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Last night found a new MC app update for my Apple iOS mobile devices.

FCEA1DF5-49D8-4CB1-A8CF-166F97E6F4CA.jpeg

The passport scanner not opening the camera...?

That's pretty funny, in a sad, rudimentary way.

Where was the testing???   ...before this was foisted on customers?

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Do I DARE update since we have a cruise in a week? 🤔

Not sure I'm that big of a gamblers.... think will wait til we get back.

We have Android phones and I'll live with my old software. At least it's somewhat working right now. Who knows what will happen if we update. 

• Like 1

With my Pixel 5, the new update allows the app to open the camera. However it is forcing me to use the front facing camera, which is extremely awkward. It was draw a green box around my passport information but it won't actually import it. On my tablet (also android), the update also allows the app to open the camera. However it also forces the front facing camera. This time the data does import,  however the app says the data is wrong. Either when scanned or manual entry, the app insists that my middle name doesn't appear as part of my given name on my passport.  I literally have to lie about my passport to appease the terrible app developer. I've entered my middle name at every opportunity allowed by princess, but that shouldn't matter anyway. The passport is the source of truth for my name. 

The update didn't address the security photo bug yet. Neither device is permitted to upload a security photo.  "Something went wrong " or some such is all the developer could figure out.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, epistax said:

With my Pixel 5, the new update allows the app to open the camera. However it is forcing me to use the front facing camera, which is extremely awkward. It was draw a green box around my passport information but it won't actually import it. On my tablet (also android), the update also allows the app to open the camera. However it also forces the front facing camera.

I had the same issue - face forward camera only.  Got them done - but as you said it was awkward 🙂

I updated Medallion Class app for iphone.  Credit card information has a green check.  Silly me, I want to make sure credit card information is still listed.  For days (after update), I've checked.  Only to get white screen of death.  Should I "trust" app that my credit card is listed?  I really would like to change my credit card information, but it won't allow me in...nor did it allow me to register my card of preference.

Wish me luck, I am about to attempt to help 2 BRAND new passengers to Princess this week.  I am doing an in-person service call to get their MC app loaded AND entered.  New passengers are 76 and 83.  HA HA.  One passenger is already fed up with Princess.  She is a Holland American 4 star marina and doesn't understand why she can't fill out the web-based personalizer that takes her all of 10 minutes!

Happy Holidays to all as we enter this wonderous season.  Hope Santa will be able to provide Ocean Navigators with enough ELF support to et everything working.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1