Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

35 minutes ago, kevinyork said:

Looking for a bit of help.  Had done all the required steps in my app which also showed my partner.  Went to check on his phone how things were looking and a couple of steps needed completing.  However I’ve go stuck on the adding payment method.  In my app it wouldn’t let me select or tick anything to allow his charges on the card I had lodged. So I entered my card details into his payment section and it rejected it saying this card was already on file.  So then deleted the card from my medallion, ticked the box to allow him to use the same card and still getting the same issue re the card already being on the account, when it isn’t.  I’ve waited 24 hours and tried again to no avail. So nearly neither of us have a payment method on our accounts but it says the card has already been lodged.  Any ideas folks?

That happened to us. I got around it by using a different card for DH.

• Like 1

Friends have not had any luck with the Medallion app (is just constantly “loading”).

They have been able to load data for the primary (wife) on the website version but not the husband (same booking number)  Could this be an issue with their ipad? 

their phones are not smart.  They are our travel companions and both of them show up as such on OUR medallion app.

Any thoughts?  I ask here because most of my Princess issues have been solved through cruise critic by the helpful people here.  They will phone Princess tech but hold times lately are ridiculous.

Thanks

2 hours ago, kevinyork said:

Looking for a bit of help.  Had done all the required steps in my app which also showed my partner.  Went to check on his phone how things were looking and a couple of steps needed completing.  However I’ve go stuck on the adding payment method.  In my app it wouldn’t let me select or tick anything to allow his charges on the card I had lodged. So I entered ky card details into his payment section and it rejected it saying this card was already on file.  So then deleted the card from my medallion, ticked the box to allow him to use the same card and still getting the same issue re the card already being on the account, when it isn’t.  I’ve waited 24 hours and tried again to no avail. So nearly neither of us have a payment method on our accounts but it says the card has already been lodged.  Any ideas folks?

I’m guessing there’s some bug or glitch - when you deleted the card it wasn’t fully deleted in the database, so it won’t let you use it nor enter it again.  It’s possible one of the servers has the info cached somewhere.

You’ll probably need Princesses help with this one.

Quick solution (not ideal) would be to add a different card and use that to set up the payment portion.

2 hours ago, ehogan said:

Friends have not had any luck with the Medallion app (is just constantly “loading”).

They have been able to load data for the primary (wife) on the website version but not the husband (same booking number)  Could this be an issue with their ipad? 

their phones are not smart.  They are our travel companions and both of them show up as such on OUR medallion app.

Any thoughts?  I ask here because most of my Princess issues have been solved through cruise critic by the helpful people here.  They will phone Princess tech but hold times lately are ridiculous.

Thanks

I couldn't get the website version to work on Chrome, but was successful for the 2 of us on Firefox.

3 hours ago, ehogan said:

Thanks I will suggest they try firefox

If the different browser does not work, instead of trying to call Princess and wait, try the live chat on the website.  I just booked a new cruise last week and even though I just got off of the Caribbean Princess on 3/6 and everything went very smoothly with the app for getting Ocean Ready (with the help of many people here), all I got this time was that it would not recognize my booking number.  I used the live chat feature and was #4 in line.  Only took me 6-7 minutes for someone to come on and she resolved my problem by completing some info for me and it only took about 15 minutes total.  When she was finished, I waited about 3-4 hours and was able to access everything on the app and complete everything I needed.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2022 at 2:54 PM, Ombud said:

Sent the email thread to A360ad7@carnival.com and then called 1800Princess and asked them to look at it. Supervisor & staff very supportive.  'Walked' to loyalty office to confirm my status then correct. He could see multiple completed cruises but could also see blue status. Progress 

Crickets .... was supposed to get a call but no call and no cruise history. Disappointing 

12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Crickets .... was supposed to get a call but no call and no cruise history. Disappointing 

They never bothered to correct my same thing. Shows Blue first timer on Medallion even though we are Elite. I am not going to worry about it now. If I don't get Elite benefits once on my cruise, I will be screaming mad.Funny, on previous cruises on the Medallion it was correct. Even the current one was right, then it changed and the next two also changed . Princess website shows my correct status and my Medallion arrived showing "Black"  (Elite).We'll see what happens on Sunday when we board our cruise.

I haven't tried this app since it first came out and it wouldn't work on my iphone 6. Today I booked a last minute cruise and needed to brave the app - I knew iphone 6 was a no-go so attempted to use my iphone 7 and my teen's relatively recent ipad. This app is truly the most frustrating thing in the world. It kept kicking me out constantly and forcing me to log back in, telling me I had no bookings, even though the booking was right there on opening the app, constant spinning, stuck in a loop trying to add authorized users to my credit card, and don't even get me started on trying to get the darned passports to scan. Still haven't been able to select arrival group - that piece just spins and spins and spins and drains my battery. Sigh.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I haven't tried this app since it first came out and it wouldn't work on my iphone 6. Today I booked a last minute cruise and needed to brave the app - I knew iphone 6 was a no-go so attempted to use my iphone 7 and my teen's relatively recent ipad. This app is truly the most frustrating thing in the world. It kept kicking me out constantly and forcing me to log back in, telling me I had no bookings, even though the booking was right there on opening the app, constant spinning, stuck in a loop trying to add authorized users to my credit card, and don't even get me started on trying to get the darned passports to scan. Still haven't been able to select arrival group - that piece just spins and spins and spins and drains my battery. Sigh.

Have you tried the computer-based "app". I got a lot of my missing info added there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Have you tried the computer-based "app". I got a lot of my missing info added there.

I couldn't find on the pc-based app how/where to choose arrival/departure groups. After almost an entire day, I finally got us all into the green lane but now stuck at choose arrive/departure groups. I then attempted to book dining and continually got the message that I had no other guests in my party, despite the fact that they were listed right there on the reservation. For each dining I booked I had to manually add each to my travel party. SO frustrating. I thought it was my older phone, but it's doing the same on my teen's ipad and that is definitely not old.

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I couldn't find on the pc-based app how/where to choose arrival/departure groups. After almost an entire day, I finally got us all into the green lane but now stuck at choose arrive/departure groups. I then attempted to book dining and continually got the message that I had no other guests in my party, despite the fact that they were listed right there on the reservation. For each dining I booked I had to manually add each to my travel party. SO frustrating. I thought it was my older phone, but it's doing the same on my teen's ipad and that is definitely not old.

Things you can't do on the web-based app... Arrival, DMW, maybe loading pix/passports.

Departure group isn't a thing yet on the app or web-based.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Departure group isn't a thing yet on the app or web-based.

For clarity’s sake: Departure group isn’t a thing yet on the web based app.  It’s available on the Android and iOS apps.

8 minutes ago, WAvoyager said:

For clarity’s sake: Departure group isn’t a thing yet on the web based app.  It’s available on the Android and iOS apps.

We sailed in early January on the Caribbean Princess and just returned from a cruise on the Enchanted Princess.  The choice of a Departure Group wasn't working on either cruise.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, capriccio said:

We sailed in early January on the Caribbean Princess and just returned from a cruise on the Enchanted Princess.  The choice of a Departure Group wasn't working on either cruise.

Yup - sorry - was thinking of arrival group.  Departure group function exists, but isn’t working yet.  🥴

I have a few questions please .

In My Profile I want to change the e-mail address for the contact ID to my hotmail as when onboard I may not be able to log into my home e-mail. It lets me change it, I click done and then it doesn’t save it. How do I get it to save it?

Also I have filled passport details in but it also seems to ask for a travel number, what is that please? I am guessing it isn’t necessary as I have a green tick against that bit.

Under nationality my passport says British Citizen but there is not a choice for British so I had to put United Kingdom which isn’t what mine or my husband’s say on the passport. I don’t mind if I am referred to as English, British or United Kingdom as long as I don’t get stopped for it not matching. 

I assume I don’t have to fill in any extra travel details as we are driving straight to the port and parking there so I have skipped that bit. Is that okay ? 

amajaa,  log into your princess account on your computer. under profiles you can change your email address,  and it should flow to the app.  Also don't worry about not having everything in the app completed.  Once you get to the port,  there will be Princess reps to direct you to the right people who will finish anything you need to get you onto the ship. cheers

Edited by AF-1

10 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

amajaa,  log into your princess account on your computer. under profiles you can change your email address,  and it should flow to the app.  Also don't worry about not having everything in the app completed.  Once you get to the port,  there will be Princess reps to direct you to the right people who will finish anything you need to get you onto the ship. cheers

For some reason I have two passwords - one for my Princess web site account and another to get in to the App. I can't recall how this happened as I set up the App a while back and then didn't use it for a couple of years due to Covid. 

I would prefer them to have the same password but I am not game to try and change things, such is my lack of confidence in Princess IT, and then the poor service if I had to call them to fix things.

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

For some reason I have two passwords - one for my Princess web site account and another to get in to the App. I can't recall how this happened as I set up the App a while back and then didn't use it for a couple of years due to Covid. 

I would prefer them to have the same password but I am not game to try and change things, such is my lack of confidence in Princess IT, and then the poor service if I had to call them to fix things.

Changing my 2 passwords to the same one was the only thing Princess support was able to do over the phone.  We sail on 4/2 and my husband and I still can't access Medallion class.  I emailed IT months ago and they finally sent an email stating they were working on it......nothing yet, but it's more than before.  Oh well, will just do the check in at the pier.

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I tried that and the email bit that is on the app isn’t on the web based one anymore.  Under the My Account then My Profile, The log in e mail and the contact e mail is on the app but not on the web. 

What should be a relaxing holiday is so stressful with all this medallion business.  We are still not able to book the correct dining. 

16 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

What's this Travel Information section on the App?  I don't recall doing that before and it's requiring a bunch of garbage like Company Name and Confirmation Number. 

Yes that was one of my questions as well. We are driving the 2 and a bit hours to the port why do they need to know what time we are leaving our house, I mean are they intending to burgle us or something 😀

We are showing as both Green at the moment am I correct in thinking that nearer the time when we have to fill in the health stuff we should change to Blue 🤞

Also, sorry for all the questions, do you have to book the Theatre etc on the app or do you just turn up. If you have to book on the all can you do it before you board and if so when. 

Thanks all. 

Edited by amajaa

20 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I tried that and the email bit that is on the app isn’t on the web based one anymore.  Under the My Account then My Profile, The log in e mail and the contact e mail is on the app but not on the web. 

What should be a relaxing holiday is so stressful with all this medallion business.  We are still not able to book the correct dining. 

Yes that was one of my questions as well. We are driving the 2 and a bit hours to the port why do they need to know what time we are leaving our house, I mean are they intending to burgle us or something 😀

We are showing as both Green at the moment am I correct in thinking that nearer the time when we have to fill in the health stuff we should change to Blue 🤞

Also, sorry for all the questions, do you have to book the Theatre etc on the app or do you just turn up. If you have to book on the all can you do it before you board and if so when. 

Thanks all. 

So did you fill out the Travel Info section?  It requires things like Company Name and Confirmation Number.  Seem like TA stuff.  

Just went back in and we're Green so I'm not going to worry about it.

Edited by cltnccruisers

25 minutes ago, amajaa said:

We are showing as both Green at the moment am I correct in thinking that nearer the time when we have to fill in the health stuff we should change to Blue 🤞 I think that's correct.

No pre-booking for theaters, etc. You just show up as in the past.

• Like 1