Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 4/5/2022 at 6:51 AM, Musky Ike said:

I am actually I am surprised that they mail them in the US. Seems like an added unnecessary expense. Plus I wonder if any get lost on the way to the passenger or on the way with the passenger to the cruise port. In the olden days we didn't get our cruise card in the mail. Maybe everybody could just pick them up at check-in. 

100% agree with picking them up on check-in.  Never an issue with the old cruise cards.  If I pick it up at the counter I don't have to worry about making it across country with losing the damn think.  Last cruise I couldn't get from the terminal to the ship without losing a brand new pair of sunglasses I was wearing for the first time ever!  At least they were cheap ones.  :)

• Like 1

Just started wrestling with this terrible Medallion Class app.  Sorry if it's been discussed before, but it's a disaster that dining reservations have been moved from the Princess website to the app.  Terrible decision!!  Also, as others have stated, the web-based version of the app has more holes that a block of Swiss cheese!!  Log-in and get a "no linked reservation" message.  Try lower on the page and it finds you.  But the web-based version has no information related to reservations for excursions or dining.  I realize that some apps are a "work in progress" -- but why remove functions from a perfectly good website into a defective app?

P.S.  To resolve the eternal "LOADING" message, just refresh your page.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, daveflyer said:

Just started wrestling with this terrible Medallion Class app.  Sorry if it's been discussed before, but it's a disaster that dining reservations have been moved from the Princess website to the app.  Terrible decision!!  Also, as others have stated, the web-based version of the app has more holes that a block of Swiss cheese!!  Log-in and get a "no linked reservation" message.  Try lower on the page and it finds you.  But the web-based version has no information related to reservations for excursions or dining.  I realize that some apps are a "work in progress" -- but why remove functions from a perfectly good website into a defective app?

I think "disaster" is an understatement. The old saying "don't fix what isn't broken" comes to mind. I have sailed Princess on medallion ships, using my iphone prior to this "new/improved" version of the app and thought it was fabulous. Now, I'm beyond frustrated before even stepping foot on the ship. If they wanted an app, fine...but why completely scrap the ability to do all the same things on a computer/web based? Can't you have both?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, daveflyer said:

Absolutely couldn't agree more. In short my experience has been that it rarely works, my dining reservations are a mess and my wife is missing from one of my two booked cruises (perhaps not a bad thing 🙂 ). The one time I tried to use the app to order a drink (Regal, Oct 2019 so pre covid when it was being trialled/rolled out).. the drink never came.

• Like 1

you can fill out health questionnaire the day you board or you can fill it out at the port.  You can't fill it out any sooner than 48hrs prior to sailing

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

I am green lane for my next cruise, just printed my luggage tags and looking for boarding pass.   Doesn’t seem to exist any longer her in Princess web page.  Says it’s available In Medallon app.  I don’t see it anywhere.  Are there even still boarding passes or is it just your medallion.  I would sure feel better with a hard copy in hand.  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

I am green lane for my next cruise, just printed my luggage tags and looking for boarding pass.   Doesn’t seem to exist any longer her in Princess web page.  Says it’s available In Medallon app.  I don’t see it anywhere.  Are there even still boarding passes or is it just your medallion.  I would sure feel better with a hard copy in hand.  Thanks.

It is just your Medallion but I always carry a copy of my Travel Summary too.  I've never needed it at check-in but have found it handy a few times during a cruise.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AF-1 said:

you can fill out health questionnaire the day you board or you can fill it out at the port.  You can't fill it out any sooner than 48hrs prior to sailing

I did the health questionnaire on the app a more than a month or maybe 2 months ago. We don't sail until May 2nd.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

I can't load my picture onto the security photo.  I tried the web version and the phone and the tablet.  All said "information cannot be saved; try again later" for the last 2 months. I have uninstall/install app and power on/off the android phone.  Tried calling princess PCC for help.  Tried calling princess for help and told to email askoceanmedallion@carnival.com with picture and information. The support team will download the picture for you; that was a month ago.

Any idea?

Faceless,

@lost4sure

I had an unflattering security photo taken from a previous cruise. Like you I tried several times unsuccessfully to change my photo by trying to replace it with a photo from my Photo Library. I kept getting the same message as you: 

“information cannot be saved; try again later" .

One day Instead of using a photo from my album, I chose the “Take new photo” option snapped a new live photo and it worked. If you’re not happy with the “new” photo you just took take another one. Then choose “use this photo” press confirm and see if that works for you. Otherwise they will take a photo of you on Embarkation  Day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Yeah, but... ~48 hours before your cruise, it will disappear & they'll make you do it again.

No big deal. It's not like it was difficult.

Just back from a cruise. Was all green and no problems with app

Booked another cruise today

The cruise shows on the app but we're back in the Blue lane!

When I go into each item that needs to be done they all show up Green since the app already has passport info and security pix etc 

Tried signing out and out but front of app still shows blue lane

It's been working great for us up to now!

Ideas???

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Just back from a cruise. Was all green and no problems with app

Booked another cruise today

The cruise shows on the app but we're back in the Blue lane!

When I go into each item that needs to be done they all show up Green since the app already has passport info and security pix etc 

Tried signing out and out but front of app still shows blue lane

It's been working great for us up to now!

Ideas???

Give it a couple of days.  We had to do that then make a couple of minor tweaks like the on-board account and dining options.  Then all was green.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Arya3 said:

@lost4sure

I had an unflattering security photo taken from a previous cruise. Like you I tried several times unsuccessfully to change my photo by trying to replace it with a photo from my Photo Library. I kept getting the same message as you: 

“information cannot be saved; try again later" .

One day Instead of using a photo from my album, I chose the “Take new photo” option snapped a new live photo and it worked. If you’re not happy with the “new” photo you just took take another one. Then choose “use this photo” press confirm and see if that works for you. Otherwise they will take a photo of you on Embarkation  Day.

Hello Arya3,

Thanks. I did try the selfie and download.  Both options have the wheel spinning and then states" information cannot be saved; try again later".  I will wait on Embarkation day.

After five weeks of frustration and with the final payment due yesterday for our July cruise, I mercifully cancelled the cruise rather than continuing to endure the shortcomings of the Medallion app.  Whoever created this app hates people.  I could not save info and just getting my phone number added last week was a major victory.  I tried various other's phones and still no ability to save key info.  The final straw came after Princess could not add my Veteran's on board credit to my booking despite countless calls from my travel agent to Princess.  Even though I used their own verification process which said I qualified as a veteran, they were unable to get the $250 credit added to my booking.  I cancelled the cruise and booked with another cruise line, who welcomed my money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Give it a couple of days.  We had to do that then make a couple of minor tweaks like the on-board account and dining options.  Then all was green.

Thanks for your advice!

I did what you suggested and now all green except for arrival group

Glad for the easy fix!

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 6:09 PM, Thrak said:

I did the health questionnaire on the app a more than a month or maybe 2 months ago. We don't sail until May 2nd.

I understand that you filled it out; however, 48 hrs. prior to your sail date you will have to fill out the questionnaire as it asks questions about feeling sick in the last 48 hrs.

I find it odd that some are having totally hateful experiences with the Medallion APP and others, no problems! Any glitches I had were easy to fix and move on. I like the app and the medallion. I have not had any real issues with them!

• Like 2

If the app worked for you, count your blessings.  I spent 10 to 15 hours uninstalling then downloading it over and over on Android and Apple products as well as using  the internet based version without success.  I tried early in the morning at 4:00AM and late at night, but it didn't matter.  The app accepted some of my input, but not others.  When I selected my hometown airport for our emergency return, the app insisted I did not live in that region......too many weird occurrences to list here.  The app should have been fixed a long time ago.  Why Princess allows this to continue is beyond my comprehension.  Never again, too many other cruise line options.

• Like 1

Assuming that I am never able to choose and arrival time - does one get automatically assigned? If so, how do you find out what it is? As an elite passenger, am I able to just show up whenever I want as it was in the past? I've looked at travel summary, etc but see no indication of a time to be at the port. It really should not be this difficult...

52 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Assuming that I am never able to choose and arrival time - does one get automatically assigned? If so, how do you find out what it is? As an elite passenger, am I able to just show up whenever I want as it was in the past? I've looked at travel summary, etc but see no indication of a time to be at the port. It really should not be this difficult...

Just show up. Recent "Live Froms" indicate no one looks, no one cares.

• Like 2