Tracelets being used on the Millenium/Summit

Kreative03

On 6/30/2021 at 8:33 AM, steamboats said:

Usually those devices work with NFL and BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) like the Ocean Medallion Princess Cruises uses.

RCI used to have such a system for locating kids on Oasis of the Seas but obviously it never really worked and it was dumped soon after it came in place.

WOW bands (or other wirstbands just opening the door or for onboard payment like those on MSC) do have an RFID chip inside like the cabin cards on newer ships (and that´s why the cabin card can´t be used for locate somebody as RFID needs a close contact - and no, there´s nothing like a WIFI Card - the card is way too thin to include WiFi or BLE).

MSC came with new wristbands last year which included BLE for locating passengers. But these had to be worn additionally to the regular RFID wristbands.

The Tracelets are pretty likely similar to Princess´ Ocean Medallion with BLE and NFC for locating passengers or just BLE.

steamboats

I  agree. Princess uses these and they are waterproof and can be worn on the wrist or around your neck on a lanyard. 

9 hours ago, Longboysfan said:

So you don't have to have a sea pass card to get off and back on the ship?

Tracelets are for Covid exposure tracking only - the bracelets will not open your cabin door, or get you off or on the ship.  The tracelets will be collected when you disembark.

Minor irritant!!  Are some of you really so annoyed by this??  I didn't even think that cruising would return this summer so having to wear a simple, plastic bracelet is seriously nothing as long as I can get to do a vacation that I love so much.  

Maybe there is an additional benefit to wearing a tracelet.  If someone does contact COVID while on board, maybe not as many would have to be quarantined.  Might limit the reaction process!

• Like 4

The tracelets were also discussed on the Silhouette thread. They were included as a requirement on the healthy sailing page until about 5 days ago, when their mention was were removed.

Someone on-board today ask the crew about them and was told that they weren't functioning correctly.

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2021 at 7:03 AM, TeeRick said:

LOL. That's what I was thinking.  Then I remembered that all vaccinated passengers already have those microchips already!😀

According to my tin-foil hat wearing uber driver, the mind control chips are causing the microchip shortages.  Also what's the reason for all the J&J blood clots?  Uber driver said its because they used one larger mind control chip instead of two smaller ones which were clogging up arteries .  My group and I had a good laugh...ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm puzzled by all the negative comments.  MSC passengers have been wearing the wrist bands shown above for almost a year now.  I've read a lot of their blogs about the cruises, and there hasn't been a single complaint about them.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 9:07 AM, Nachosdelux said:

if you are not vaccinated, your tracelet will have a scarlet "A" on it (for anti-vaxxer)

Oh my! Now you are going to get the party started with a remark like that!

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I'm puzzled by all the negative comments.  MSC passengers have been wearing the wrist bands shown above for almost a year now.  I've read a lot of their blogs about the cruises, and there hasn't been a single complaint about them.

I think the general annoyance is regarding lack of additional functionality and the mandate to wear at all times. If they could have a single band that provides contact tracing + seapass functionality, that would be preferable. 

It seems like the device isn't coming to fruition at this point in time, however I'd expect to see it in the future.

5 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

MSC wristbands are functional.  They can be used to purchase things and will open your cabin door.  The ones Celebrity is using are apparently not.  They can also be removed.  I would take mine off when going to dinner and just use my seapass card.

18 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

MSC wristbands are functional.  They can be used to purchase things and will open your cabin door.  The ones Celebrity is using are apparently not.  They can also be removed.  I would take mine off when going to dinner and just use my seapass card.

X is simply doing what the ports requests.  This is why some sailings require tracelets, others require cloth ribbons and others do not require any wearables.  These requirements are most likely only temporary so this is why they’re using the cheapest solution possible.

An update from the Summit - as of last night, I saw some officers wearing the bracelets. They are blue with a plain white circle where a watch would be. No word on whether these will be expanded to passengers soon.

26 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

An update from the Summit - as of last night, I saw some officers wearing the bracelets. They are blue with a plain white circle where a watch would be. No word on whether these will be expanded to passengers soon.

We asked - they will be required starting July 10.  Got here too late for us!

• 2 weeks later...

On current cruises, they talk about cloth bracelets to be worn AT ALL TIMES designating that you are vaccinated.  Are these traclets in addition to the cloth bracelets?  Otherwise, how does staff determine who is vaccinated or not (and should be wearing masks)?

Hi all - following up we ARE wearing them on the 7/17 cruise. All pax and crew are supposed to be. It’s not quite working. Many women are carrying them in their purses, I’ve seen crew with and without. I’m sure some men have them in pockets. Here’s a photo of what they look like. Happy to answer any questions 

B919DDE3-2900-45B4-AB98-1175299AEB73.jpeg

CA483620-7E3A-4071-B9FD-0AD9D762D8C8.jpeg

They are saying we have to wear a mini antenna..not a fan of this big brother concept ?  What is the technology behind this?  If they would just refund my large fcc..I would def say bye bye.  Hope this is ONLY temporary!   

On 7/6/2021 at 7:06 AM, shipgeeks said:

Guess  some  folks  won't complain when they start to micro chip us...like  our pets!

My understanding is the tracelets use RFID.    This is used around you daily in everything from security devices at stores, employee access badges etc. etc.   etc.  If you are so concerned about the technology maybe you should also leave your credit cards, IPhone and passports at home.

Maybe tinfoil hats will also help

• Like 8
  • Haha 2