New updates in Frequently Asked Questions.

mellon1

15 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

That's very unlikely the ship can sense the Medallions off board. Medallions use an extremely low-power system and once they're more than about 30 feet from a sensor they can't be detected.

There is no technical reason why Medallion nodes could not be installed in shoreside shops and venues. Consider all the shoreside shops Carnival either owns or partners with.

I know I'm the only one who feels this way AND I have my flame proof suit on.................

Half the service and an increase in service charge "crew  Incentives" What a racket.  I want my turndown and chocolate and patter put on my bed every night, I like using a highlighter and marking the patter while I sit in bed before turning in. I want my afternoon snack dishes (if necessary) removed and not sitting in my cabin overnight.  I'm in a full suite and want my daily water bottles delivered every night although if they leave them in the morning that's not a problem except the first night which is always forgotten until I remind them. If I find my cruising experience is so diminished and becomes comparable to a land vacation in service and price I will cruise less and do more land vacations, like National Parks which are magnificent. I've got reservations for Yellowstone this fall already. The hotel for 2 is $178 and includes a breakfast buffet. Lunch and dinner will incur a price but park entrance is covered in my lifetime pass. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I know I'm the only one who feels this way AND I have my flame proof suit on.................

Half the service and an increase in service charge "crew  Incentives" What a racket.  I want my turndown and chocolate and patter put on my bed every night, I like using a highlighter and marking the patter while I sit in bed before turning in. I want my afternoon snack dishes (if necessary) removed and not sitting in my cabin overnight.  I'm in a full suite and want my daily water bottles delivered every night although if they leave them in the morning that's not a problem except the first night which is always forgotten until I remind them. If I find my cruising experience is so diminished and becomes comparable to a land vacation in service and price I will cruise less and do more land vacations, like National Parks which are magnificent. I've got reservations for Yellowstone this fall already. The hotel for 2 is $178 and includes a breakfast buffet. Lunch and dinner will incur a price but park entrance is covered in my lifetime pass. 

I asked about this once (bottle of water on the first night).  My kind steward explained that since the mini bar was stocked with a couple bottles of water, it was not Princess' intent to also give you water on the first night.  I guess, push comes to shove, the steward would deliver extra bottles of water on the first night.  I just take my refillable bottle to the dining room and ask them to fill it up for me.  No problems.  

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I asked about this once (bottle of water on the first night).  My kind steward explained that since the mini bar was stocked with a couple bottles of water, it was not Princess' intent to also give you water on the first night.  I guess, push comes to shove, the steward would deliver extra bottles of water on the first night.  I just take my refillable bottle to the dining room and ask them to fill it up for me.  No problems.  

I got that line too and replied...............I want to trade out my mini bar for 20 diet cokes. What part of bottled water delivered DAILY excludes today? I always got the 2 bottles the first night. Once I was told by the steward he couldn't give it the first night. I asked him to call his supervisor so I could ask them. I got the water without him calling his supervisor and am annoyed I have to be so assertive to get what's advertised in writing as a suite amenity. I shouldn't have to do this. People tend to let things pass even tho they are entitled to something, I tend not to if I want it. I shouldn't be put on the spot. I always have the brochure  with me to point to what I'm asking for as proof. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Okay...  does this mean that they are actively accessing info about when you are in, or leaving, your cabin thru the Medallion tracker?   If they were actually able to come up with a system that allowed the staff to track and schedule their cleaning and turndown services...  that would really be something.

PS:  I do enjoy having turndown!

They used to have a system.

There was a hang tag in the cabin you could put on the outside handle that said you were requesting service.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Housekeeping and maintenance staff will wait to enter a stateroom for cleaning and maintenance for at least 15 minutes after guests have left it, unless services are required immediately.

Wonder why they have to wait 15 minutes?  Makes me wonder if room service will be able to come in when you are in the room.  

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/#:~:text=There will be,are required immediately.

And does this mean we should wait 15 minutes before entering the room after the cleaning crew has been there? How would we know when they left the room?

Theo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Renmar said:

And does this mean we should wait 15 minutes before entering the room after the cleaning crew has been there? How would we know when they left the room?

Theo

Obviously have to stand in the hallway outside your cabin door 15 minutes any time you return to your cabin.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Outerdog said:

There is no technical reason why Medallion nodes could not be installed in shoreside shops and venues. Consider all the shoreside shops Carnival either owns or partners with.

Very true but I sincerely doubt they've done this. Tracking passengers off the ship without their knowledge raises many ethical questions in my mind.

Update: It's possible they're doing something in the shops on Princess Cays as you can use the medallion to make purchases.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Just a guess -- Princess Cays

Yeah, that one occurred to me too. At first I didn't see any disclosures either but I finally did find that you can use the medallion for purchases on Princess Cays. So, there's some evidence they may be able to track there, at least in the vicinity of the shops.

Edited by beg3yrs

16 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

What about the chocolates? 

I know they're cheap, but HEY (chocolate is chocolate).

Chocolate is definitely chocolate unless it's cheap Easter bunnies. Which, in my opinion, aren't chocolate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

What about the chocolates? 

I know they're cheap, but HEY (chocolate is chocolate).

I like coming back to the cabin at the end of the day to the lights turned down, the bed turned down, and "chocolates" on the pillows.  A perfect end to a perfect day cruising.  To me it is part of the overall experience that I will miss.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Yeah, that one occurred to me too. At first I didn't see any disclosures either but I finally did find that you can use the medallion for purchases on Princess Cays. So, there's some evidence they may be able to track there, at least in the vicinity of the shops.

Also the beverage package is valid at Princess Cays, so they would need the be able to verify using the Medallion that you have the package.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I got that line too and replied...............I want to trade out my mini bar for 20 diet cokes. What part of bottled water delivered DAILY excludes today? I always got the 2 bottles the first night. Once I was told by the steward he couldn't give it the first night. I asked him to call his supervisor so I could ask them. I got the water without him calling his supervisor and am annoyed I have to be so assertive to get what's advertised in writing as a suite amenity. I shouldn't have to do this. People tend to let things pass even tho they are entitled to something, I tend not to if I want it. I shouldn't be put on the spot. I always have the brochure  with me to point to what I'm asking for as proof. 

I'm worse than that...if it's in the offer, I make sure to receive it (even if I don't want it), I can always gift it to someone else.

6 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

I like coming back to the cabin at the end of the day to the lights turned down, the bed turned down, and "chocolates" on the pillows.  A perfect end to a perfect day cruising.  To me it is part of the overall experience that I will miss.

Pretty sure that if you ask...ye shall receive.

26 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Especially the chocolates in the dark blue wrapper!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, caribill said:

They used to have a system.

There was a hang tag in the cabin you could put on the outside handle that said you were requesting service.

It used to be fun to flip the tags on the way down the passageway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Obviously have to stand in the hallway outside your cabin door 15 minutes any time you return to your cabin.

From reports here, that is the delay built into the medallion, when one attempts to open their cabin door.

Previously, I thought it was simply malfunctioing.

35 minutes ago, billco said:

It used to be fun to flip the tags on the way down the passageway.

So it was YOU who turned my do not disturb to a service now tag!! 😅🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1