The Daily for Wednesday July 21, 2021

richwmn

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

No I don't.  DH takes lisinopril and has no problem with a cough (unless he's had a cold or something) but I've heard that is a common issue.

DH takes one of those "pril" drugs, too, and wants to change if it is what is causing the cough and the tiredness.  Oh, for the good old days of hydrochlorothiazide!

• Like 8

Good day and thanks all!  Rich I understand your tentativeness,   That’s how I feel.   

I love Scallops, and the wine should be nice with them!  

Great news for the gardening club!  Thanks to Jacqui’s encouragement I have our first ever purple jalapeños, although you may need a magnifying glass!  I remain hopeful for the black pearls.

FF543368-9EB7-4DC2-A3F2-CA9C1BF7494F.jpeg

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks all!  Rich I understand your tentativeness,   That’s how I feel.   

I love Scallops, and the wine should be nice with them!  

Great news for the gardening club!  Thanks to Jacqui’s encouragement I have our first ever purple jalapeños, although you may need a magnifying glass!  I remain hopeful for the black pearls.

FF543368-9EB7-4DC2-A3F2-CA9C1BF7494F.jpeg

YAY 🙂 

One of my serranos has the first one too 👍 

I think we will be waiting on the black pearls for a bit. 🤞 

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, kplady said:

Good afternoon all!  We returned home from our short visit to Lake George...it was as beautiful as I remembered (haven't been there in 11 years - too busy cruising most years!).  I just finished reading today's Daily, will now go back and read Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. 

Hope everyone is doing well.  Take care of yourselves!!

Laura

Welcome home, Laura 🙂 

• Like 8

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. We're all someone. I like a good hotdog. I don't eat much junk food. I'm not sure of what all qualifies as junk food.

Funny quote.

I rarely eat scallops; just not a seafood person. I like the drink and wine.

I haven't been to today's port.

I had some concern yesterday due to very fuzzy vision in the right eye. Fortunately the pain is gone.  I'm just back from my post-op check, I have some corneal edema which explains that. It should slowly resolve.  I did know I have a couple of stitches in the cornea as it was floppy, but didn't know I have a contact lens in place so I don't feel the scratchiness of the stitches. I have a moderate flare of the uveitis with pain from light, but drops and sunglasses are helping that. Most exciting was being able to read down to 20/70 on the eye chart, when I could only count fingers before. I go back in a week to get the stitches out. I'm to take it easy - no yard work, lifting, etc. and wear my shield 24/7 for now.

@Sharon in AZ Happy Birthday to Craig.

@Horizon chaser 1957 Beautiful prints. That will make a stunning top.

@StLouisCruisers Good that the x-ray was ok. ACE-inhibitor BP meds can cause chronic cough and some other meds too. 

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 25

9 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good days. We're all someone. I like a good hotdog. I don't eat much junk food. I'm not sure of what all qualifies as junk food.

Funny quote.

I had some concern yesterday due to very fuzzy vision in the right eye. Fortunately the pain is gone.  I'm just back from my post-op check, I have some corneal edema which explains that. It should slowly resolve.  I did know I have a couple of stitches in the cornea as it was floppy, but didn't know I have a contact lens in place so I don't feel the scratchiness of the stitches. I have a moderate flare of the uveitis with pain from light, but drops and sunglasses are helping that. Most exciting was being able to read down to 20/70 on the eye chart, when I could only count fingers before. I go back in a week to get the stitches out. I'm to take it easy - no yard work, lifting, etc. and wear my shield 24/7 for now.

@StLouisCruisers Good that the x-ray was ok. ACE-inhibitor BP meds can cause chronic cough and some other meds too. 

Stay safe everyone.

I hope we hear more and more good news as you heal.  Prayers offered up, Vanessa!🙏

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Funny quote.

Stay safe everyone.

Wondrous news, Vanessa! Praying it continues. 

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Funny quote.

Stay safe everyone.

Good news, and good thoughts for continued uneventful healing.

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Funny quote.

Stay safe everyone.

Great news.  I am sure your recovery will continue quickly.  Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It went fine though much too long, waiting a long time.  My doctor's office is always slow.

Just trying to figure out why I have a chronic cough.

Some heart medications can cause a chronic cough.

I hope you get the all clear from your doctor and your cough is nothing to worry about Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Funny quote.

Stay safe everyone.

I'm absolutely delighted for you that your eye op sounds like a brilliant success.

After my Epiretinal Membrane peal from my eye macular and Intra ocular lens was fitted in February I can drive and see distance without my varifocal lens glasses for the first time in 20+ years.

I still need glasses for reading.

I'm expecting to get a cataract done on my other eye in the next few weeks.

Graham.

• Like 10

People with indoor cats, how often do you have sitters check in on them while cruising?  In the past I went with twice for a 7 day sailing, because the auto-feeders took care of the rest.  Most of the time they hide and sitters have reported never seeing them anyway.  

Just curious.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, kplady said:

Good afternoon all!  We returned home from our short visit to Lake George...it was as beautiful as I remembered (haven't been there in 11 years - too busy cruising most years!).  I just finished reading today's Daily, will now go back and read Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. 

Hope everyone is doing well.  Take care of yourselves!!

Laura

Welcome home.  Have you been to Ausable Chasm recently?

Roy

• Like 6

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

They're still not sure.  They want to rule out reflux by trying Pepcid first.  I tried generic Prilosec last spring which was much too harsh on my stomach and I gave up after 3 days.  Doctor had suggested it.  It made my stomach hurt when I ate and drank anything, and in between as well.

After we see how I react to Pepcid they may have to move on to an ENT to send a little camera down my nostril and throat to check the condition of my throat and get some clues.  Is that called a laryngoscopy?

Drinking too much coffee relaxes the muscles in the oesophagus which causes reflux.

Lanzoprazol is regularly prescribed in the UK as it reduces acid in the stomach and to protect the stomach when several medications like 75mg aspirin for blood thinning is taken daily.

Sometimes a cough becomes a habit without realising it.

Great news your lungs were in good condition.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Le sigh!   Our first Covid cancelled cruise was to .French Polynesia! 

We were supposed to be on the Maasdam out of Papeete in March of 2020😔...it was a great itinerary including French Polynesia, Hawaii and we had added Mexico. 😎

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, atexsix said:

People with indoor cats, how often do you have sitters check in on them while cruising?  In the past I went with twice for a 7 day sailing, because the auto-feeders took care of the rest.  Most of the time they hide and sitters have reported never seeing them anyway.  

Just curious.

I have a lovely sitter who checks on them twice a day because I don't have auto-feeders (my spoiled furry freeloaders get both wet & dry). She also scoops the litter, puts down fresh water, waters my hanging baskets, and collects the mail. All of that for just $15 per day. If she's not available, I change my travel plans!😄

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Drinking too much coffee relaxes the muscles in the oesophagus which causes reflux.

Lanzoprazol is regularly prescribed in the UK as it reduces acid in the stomach and to protect the stomach when several medications like 75mg aspirin for blood thinning is taken daily.

Sometimes a cough becomes a habit without realising it.

Great news your lungs were in good condition.

Graham.

Well we can rule out too much coffee since I never touch the stuff.  I also don't take meds for high blood pressure or heart medications.  Never take aspirin either.  

Let's hope this hasn't become a habit because it sounds really hard to rid myself of that!😜

• Like 12

Good Afternoon --

Thanks for the daily and all who contribute here.  Healing thoughts and hugs for those on the care list and cheers for the congratulatory list.

We had a morning appointment with the eye doctor and it seemed to take forever for the dilation drops to wear off 😱.  Good news is both of us are good for another year and no prescription change for DH (I have had cataract surgery and don't wear glasses anymore).

We have been to Fakarova one time (October 10, 2018).  It was during our Kon Tiki cruise on the Maasdam from Fort Lauderdale to Papeete via Easter Island.  We just got off the ship and walked a bit then rented bikes to take a ride.  

Approaching the atoll

DSC00465.thumb.jpg.1db07b092c7fd9a8240a3f30a3cd23a2.jpg

Part of the welcoming committee

DSCF3438.thumb.jpg.31f51bab9e82ccd899feffc91fa75d19.jpg

Stopped to see people swimming with sharks

DSC00469.thumb.jpg.ce322cef241f79c4888939b1d15e1ffb.jpg

Taking a beer break

DSCF3439.thumb.jpg.52f6f8f1ab89e8895cf5ce8f1c22075e.jpg

Maasdam from the beer break beach bar

DSCF3441.thumb.jpg.0bb7e2d09257440e5268843bcb25e869.jpg

DSC00473.thumb.jpg.3e59e0150dcbaef138ea0304f2377e37.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Just curious.

In our neighborhood twice a day and it’s also a walk through check throughout their house to ensure all is secure.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well we can rule out too much coffee since I never touch the stuff.  I also don't take meds for high blood pressure or heart medications.  Never take aspirin either.  

Let's hope this hasn't become a habit because it sounds really hard to rid myself of that!😜

Great news you don't need any medications.

Maybe you are allergic to something or it's a habit.

Pauline sometimes gets a cough too and thinks it's getting to be a habit.

Her sister has had a cough for many years.

I hope you can find a solution.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, NextOne said:

I have a lovely sitter who checks on them twice a day because I don't have auto-feeders (my spoiled furry freeloaders get both wet & dry). She also scoops the litter, puts down fresh water, waters my hanging baskets, and collects the mail. All of that for just $15 per day. If she's not available, I change my travel plans!😄

I don’t blame you 😉.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Just curious.

Back in the day when I had cats (and later dogs and cats), the cats were left at home and I had a neighbour who they knew who came over twice a day.  She took care of checking the house, feeding, watering & cleaning the cat litter for the 5 Siamese bundle of trouble.  More importantly she stayed until they came out and she showered them with pats.  

They were on dry food so I wasn’t worried about food supply as they didn’t overeat and had an extra water bowl out to be safe.

she got a lovely amber necklace (pricey) when I got home from Russia.  And she deserved it.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Just curious.

Back when we had two cats every other day was enough and that was mostly for the litter box. 

• Like 6