Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

8 minutes ago, LAHAPPY13420 said:

How exciting! I’m a foodie so post plenty of everything. Including drinks. That’s a bummer that they removed Gong Cha Cafe. I was looking forward to ordering from there as I’m a big fan of those types of drinks. What did they replace it with? And what new food items in the MDR did you come across?

It’s just a regular bar 😞

We will sail away soon and the Captain just made an excellent announcement for the crew. At long last, after months for some, they will be able to go ashore. I know that will mean the world to them. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 18

18 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

If I remember correctly the Platinum/Elite area is in the north corner o the terminal, think of office dividers, that what the look like. 

However they had absolutely nothing set up for that lounge.

13 minutes ago, UT-Volsfan said:

The Captain just announced they have received approval for crew members to go ashore in the Alaska ports.  There were some very happy crew members when they heard that. They said that was unexpected.

That's fantastic news.  We are on the cruise after your's and I was going to ask my favorite crew members if they wanted me to pick up anything ashore for them since the last "live from" indicated they couldn't leave the ship.  I may still do that but it's good that they are able to relax ashore 🙂 .  Have a wonderful time and don't break anything - I want my cruise next week!  😉

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

However they had absolutely nothing set up for that lounge.

That's the way it's been the last 3 or 4 cruises that we've gone on out of Seattle. I think one year they had some orange juice and sweet rolls. You wouldn't it was there if you didn't go there before. In fact one year they tried to stop us from going into the Elite lounge area, I had to prove that I was in fact Elite. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glaciers said:

I hope this thread discusses things other things in addition to transportation, dining, medallion, etc.  The previous live thread barely touched on the onboard naturalist presentations as well as what was seen as far as wildlife and glaciers.   The rangers that board in Bartlett Cove for Glacier Bay day are great for that area.

On our previous Princess trips the naturalist would have a map noting sites of interesting along the way that include known humpback whale feeding areas for increased sightings and the date and time we’d be transiting those areas.  Is this not the reason we cruise Alaska?  We’re on the 8/8 sailing.

We've been to Glacier Bay many times. The National Park Rangers at Glacier Bay have always been excellent.

Michael Modzelewski he’s going to be the naturalist on the Majestic Princess this summer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ghrDIKu84k we been on a few cruises with him before. We don't go to his talks anymore.

• Like 1

Quick check in before my phone dies…

We spent the morning and early afternoon exploring Pike Place Market and boarded in group F (2pm). On the ship in 15 minutes. No waiting, no confusion. 

I think we are the only ones who love the Medallions and Medallion App. We will be using the order function a TON!

First impressions - ship feels full but not crowded. No problem finding a place to sit at a lounge or eating area. We are currently enjoying a cabana in Hollywood Pool area for sail away. 

Room is nice but Royal Caribbean balcony cabins have a sitting area which is nice extra space. And balconies are also larger. But I’m sure the room will be fine. 

Our TA ordered the birthday package for my partner whose birthday is Tuesday. Decorations are fun - now I have to figure out if I can cancel the ones I ordered for Tuesday! 😉

After 10+ cruises on various lines they NEVER believe you want twin beds! 😉 

The Internet and Beverage package were included for us and still figuring out the beverage package rules. From what we gather, you can only order 1 drink on the app at a time for free. Then have to wait a bit to order another. Seems inefficient since my partner and I both have the package and our payment is linked. But we each had to order from our phones. 

Not a huge deal as I’m sure they need to safeguard against someone sharing their package. Then again, we have the package because it was free to us and neither of us drink. So we are doing the fun mocktails!

Oh- love love love the noodle bar. Ramen was great and flavorful. We will be there a lot!

photos of sail away view and room decorations. 

9B09F871-6C6A-416C-BDA5-7C65157A37E3.jpeg

833FEDB3-0ABE-44BF-B157-459F4CEA8376.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We are taking Seattle Express from our airport hotel to the pier.  Our cruise is 8/9.  Could you please tell me if possible, how many stops the shuttle made and about how many people were  in the shuttle --- I would appreciate it. Thank you and enjoy your cruise.

I think your cruise may actually be August 8 - wouldn't want you to arrive at the pier on 8/9 and find it gone  🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chai8 said:

A question: Has anyone boarded who had to pick up their medallion at the port? How did that go? I'm on the next departure (8/8) and we've got to get our medallions when we arrive. I'm hoping it's not a mess. 

And a comment: Thanks to the person who posted pics from the library! I've never seen SO MANY Scrabble games in one place outside of a store. Good to know there are options. 

Many thanks in advance to everyone who is posting!

We did. And they just give you are card at check in. When you get to the next stop in the process they get your medallion and give it to you. Easy!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, bflysmile said:

After 10+ cruises on various lines they NEVER believe you want twin beds! 😉 

No, they sure don't!  I think we've only had this done once without asking the steward. And that time, it was probably like that from the previous cruise! 🤣

47 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

We will sail away soon and the Captain just made an excellent announcement for the crew. At long last, after months for some, they will be able to go ashore. I know that will mean the world to them. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

That is great news for the crew!

I hope you have included Steve Kroeshel's wildlife excursion on this trip. It was one of the most memorable we have done in over 40 cruises. I am beyond bummed that next week my BIL and his son didn't think the experience was worth the cost. Steve is beyond quirky but incredibly talented at what he does. He does a lot of work with National Geographic. We had a private tour of his property (which is in the middle of nowhere and my SIL thought I had taken them to the Blair Witch Project location 🙂 ) Steve made sure that my husband was able to get his shots to look as if in the wild as much as possible. The assorted critters he cares for is varied and amazing. Enjoy!!

• Like 3

We have the drink package included, so we decided to try ordering from our cabin. We both ordered drinks (a margarita and a strawberry daiquiri) and they were delivered to our cabin within 10 minutes.  Order showed no charge for delivery.

As others have mentioned, you have to order drinks on your account.  If you order drinks for you and your spouse from one account, you will be charged for the second one.

• Like 5

I am living vicariously through all of you.  We will be on the Majestic in September.  Can't wait!  Like many, the last year and a half has dealt many challenges.  Would love to see any and all food pics.  Any dancing info, I love to dance and can convince DH on a cruise.  Any comments about the Enclave.  Can't wait to be in the Enclave feeling restored.  

Dawn

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

A friend of mine who just boarded today emailed me a picture of the embarkation menu.  So happy to report that all my favorites are on it!!  Avocado and shrimp appetizer, those yummy raviolis, and that delicious salmon.  Yay!! 

Yay!!!

• Like 1

I'm not on this cruise and I do not have Princess Plus on my other cruises.  I think it is great that passengers are able to order a drink in their cabin.  

BUT....this is an added activity for the already hard working crew.  Please consider having $1 bills easily accessible for drinks delivered to your room.  Just as you would when ordering room service.  No one mentioned this on the previous cruise.  Yes, I know that the 18% gratuity is already included in the price of Princess Plus.  This would go directly to the person delivering your drink.

Just my personal thought.  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, mringenoldus said:

I think your cruise may actually be August 8 - wouldn't want you to arrive at the pier on 8/9 and find it gone  🙂

I won't miss my cruise, it is actually 8/9/21 on Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas to Alaska. The reason I was on the Majestic thread is because I am going on another cruise to Alaska on the Majestic Princess on 8/22/21 so I am doing double duty in gathering information.  Thanks for looking out for me. 🙂

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We had an interesting situation upon checkin (2:00). My medallion worked just fine,  Jeannie's did not. This didn't seem to phase anybody at all. They just said "go to Customer Service and get another". Well, you have to use the medallion to "scan" onto the ship...at least that *used* to be the absolute rule. They let us on the ship without a working medallion!

Also...not once did anybody ask to see your app to show that you were green lane.  Seems like all of this technology that was thrown at us is being ignored. 

OHhhhh trust me, they're watching you 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1