Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

We are boarding group A, also. We have Plus, and several excursions booked. Looking forward to hitting the seas, the slots, and the food (also note, I am Gluten Free). I will also have to work an hour or so each day, so hoping for basic net to cooperate. 

We are very active and will be able to report on a couple of active excursions and gym info. 

Edited by TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We're sailing 2 weeks from now Aug 15. Can someone please post the fitness center class schedule? And the 1-time class price? I want to see if it's worth it to pre-book a 3-5 day package or not? Thank you very much!

• Like 3

Nothing against the July 25 inaugural, but I am noticing a LOT more contributors for the August 1 second sailing to Alaska.  That should mean LOTS more perspectives.

For Sunday, I am interested in Elites/Suites arriving early and getting processed through check-in and then waiting in a lounge room prior to general boarding commencing.  If any is there early enough to know when terminal doors open for check-in, that would be nice.

If anyone is ordering Medallion Net internet on embarkation day, are they using the $15/day price or giving guests the pre-cruise $10/day price (possibly due to the hassles of trying to book pre-cruise)?

And for TD diners, does the MC App tell you your DR and Table #, or is there a card in cabin.  Was your assignment different than what you had showing in DMW (assuming you were able to actually book dining in DMW)?

Hope you all have a great cruise.

• Like 7

Just now, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

Will all dining venues that open normally for lunch be open on embarkation day for early boarding?

The people on the cruise ending tomorrow said one of the dining rooms was open. That's where I'm planning on eating in three weeks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Nothing against the July 25 inaugural, but I am noticing a LOT more contributors for the August 1 second sailing to Alaska.  That should mean LOTS more perspectives.

For Sunday, I am interested in Elites/Suites arriving early and getting processed through check-in and then waiting in a lounge room prior to general boarding commencing.  If any is there early enough to know when terminal doors open for check-in, that would be nice.

If anyone is ordering Medallion Net internet on embarkation day, are they using the $15/day price or giving guests the pre-cruise $10/day price (possibly due to the hassles of trying to book pre-cruise)?

And for TD diners, does the MC App tell you your DR and Table #, or is there a card in cabin.  Was your assignment different than what you had showing in DMW (assuming you were able to actually book dining in DMW)?

Hope you all have a great cruise.

I booked dining on the app at different times and in two of the mdrs. At this time, it doesn’t give me a table number but I’ll see what happens. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

Didn't someone mention Alfredos being loud? I just assumed that meant open. 

It’s in the  piazza area so you will hear sounds from the piazza 

• Like 2

Now that I’m less hangry lol, I’ll catch up on the travel day. My flight arrived just before 6 pm and I took the hotel shuttle to the Red Lion hotel which is just outside the airport. There is a liquor store, several restaurants and a gas station within walking distance. I ordered food for pick up from Sharp’s Roasthouse. I had the Alaska Cod tacos and salted caramel apple strudel. Both we’re very good and they had a nice crowd inside and out. The hotel clerk recommended 13 Coins or Sharps for dinner. 13 coins looked good too but the tacos sounded good, and they were. Of course not as pretty in a takeout container as plated, but tasted great. The Red Lion airport hotel is that, an airport hotel and somewhere quick and easy for a night. Check in was quick and friendly, the room is clean and the shower is strong and hot. The light rail station is close by if you want to go to Pikes or downtown. The Seattle Express service is picking me up here at 9 tomorrow morning and taking to the port to finally board the beautiful Majestic Princess 😍🚢

A82F4357-A103-4A03-914C-D0548E8A54B6.jpeg

D5421617-D6B8-4F7D-97E9-065A4598EC49.jpeg

DC5058DD-7449-498B-93D7-62F931ADBD58.jpeg

181644C0-7BA8-4436-BB8A-2F4653ADB1DD.jpeg

8516D22F-D5B3-41CE-927C-CE719EFC2040.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

Will all dining venues that open normally for lunch be open on embarkation day for early boarding?

There will be a dining room open til about 1, usually the one of 5 off the piazza, Alfredos pizza, the buffet and the international cafe will be open as well. There is a noodle place on the pool deck as well, lots of choices. I’ll probably going to go with the dining room. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

Now that I’m less hangry lol, I’ll catch up on the travel day. My flight arrived just before 6 pm and I took the hotel shuttle to the Red Lion hotel which is just outside the airport. There is a liquor store, several restaurants and a gas station within walking distance. I ordered food for pick up from Sharp’s Roasthouse. I had the Alaska Cod tacos and salted caramel apple strudel. Both we’re very good and they had a nice crowd inside and out. The hotel clerk recommended 13 Coins or Sharps for dinner. 13 coins looked good too but the tacos sounded good, and they were. Of course not as pretty in a takeout container as plated, but tasted great. The Red Lion airport hotel is that, an airport hotel and somewhere quick and easy for a night. Check in was quick and friendly, the room is clean and the shower is strong and hot. The light rail station is close by if you want to go to Pikes or downtown. The Seattle Express service is picking me up here at 9 tomorrow morning and taking to the port to finally board the beautiful Majestic Princess 😍🚢

33 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

Starting tomorrow, the menus you see won't have prices printed beside each selection.  ENJOY and thank you for sharing your travels with us. Looking forward to your posts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Starting tomorrow, the menus you see won't have prices printed beside each selection.  ENJOY and thank you for sharing your travels with us. Looking forward to your posts. 

Sorry I messed up your thread. Oops! Thank you for not getting upset with me! Have fun - starting now - You are getting on a ship soon...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Sorry I messed up your thread. Oops! Thank you for not getting upset with me! Have fun - starting now - You are getting on a ship soon...

Oh you are fine, no worries ❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pkt1976 said:

There will be a dining room open til about 1, usually the one of 5 off the piazza, Alfredos pizza, the buffet and the international cafe will be open as well. There is a noodle place on the pool deck as well, lots of choices. I’ll probably going to go with the dining room. 

I believe the July 25th group said that the Symphony Dining Room on Deck 5 Plaza was open from 12 – 1:30

• Like 2

One jealous Aussie here, would love to be cruising, will enjoy reading your adventure on the Majestic Princess, we were on her last year the last cruise before lockdown, managed 5 days instead of the 12 days.  She is a lovely ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pkt1976 said:

Loving the different colour print from those on-board. 

thanks for sharing details. So helpful in preparing for our future cruise. 
safe travels. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Alaska Airlines has a couple of non-stops from Fort Lauderdale but not sure of the timing

Thank you so much! I actually looked at Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, and Miami for non-stop flights coming and going but there was nothing available on flying day of. Otherwise I would have been stuck with a stop in extremely long layovers and would I have to fly on day prior.

Past years when I used to do this trip annually I've always done a nonstop with American airlines out of Miami but with the pandemic and flight itinerary has been completely changed and moved around they didn't seem to have reinstated my normal flight.

So I opted it's a drive 3.5hrs to Tampa. Besides having Non-Stop I am pleased to say the flights were also more than half the price so it was well worth the little side adventure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, subaru94 said:

One jealous Aussie here, would love to be cruising, will enjoy reading your adventure on the Majestic Princess, we were on her last year the last cruise before lockdown, managed 5 days instead of the 12 days.  She is a lovely ship.

Praying that this worldwide situation goes away soon. So that way you and everybody else can also enjoy going back to enjoying the pleasures and enjoyment of cruising.

• Like 6

We stayed in downtown Seattle last night, and we did all the tourist things. It is our first time here! But I wanted to mention that we ate at Petra's Mediterranean Grill, and words cannot express how amazing it was. We picked it because it seemed most unlike food we would order aboard, and it was amazing. Highly recommend.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1