Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

Currently on the Emerald Princess.  It’s nearly impossible to get a dining room reservation on board on ANY night before 8:40 pm.  

As a test I asked Ocean Now if I could get a delivery in the back of Fresh Market/Horizon Court.  The app said I couldn’t place an order because it didn’t know were the medallion fob I was wearing was located.

Edited by Princess Chatterer

19 hours ago, Princess Chatterer said:

Currently on the Emerald Princess.  It’s nearly impossible to get a dining room reservation on board on ANY night before 8:40 pm.  

As a test I asked Ocean Now if I could get a delivery in the back of Fresh Market/Horizon Court.  The app said I couldn’t place an order because it didn’t know were the medallion fob I was wearing was located.

Throw it overboard and go ask for a fresh one. 

2 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Throw it overboard and go ask for a fresh one. 

I was doing a "Ha Ha" response to the above and then the person whispering in my right ear said "Not supposed to throw anything overboard".  So, then the person whispering in my left ear said "Okay, throw it in the trash".

Edited by Steelers36
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I was doing a "Ha Ha" response to the above and then the person whispering in my right ear said "Not supposed to throw anything overboard".  So, then the person whispering in my left ear said "Okay, throw it in the trash".

My right ear person screamed, "MAN OVERBOARD!!!!!"

On 5/17/2023 at 4:48 AM, RBAlbany said:

Rather than start a new thread I figured I'd ask my question here first.  We are sailing the Enchanted Princess in the Mediterranean this summer.  My question is when is the best dinner time that works with the shows?  Or when are the shows so we can schedule a set dinner time around them?  Thanks.

Ken

From my experience after 35 cruises on Princess I would use 7:30 pm as the start time & plan to arrive by 7 pm to get a good seat. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

On 6/7/2023 at 8:07 PM, CanadianCruiser21 said:

For the Crown Grill, will they pack my dessert to go? I tend to get full easily but hungry again an hour later. I’ve heard of others doing this, but not sure if it was an exception or ship specific. I’ll be on the Crown Princess. 

I would bring a small plastic container from home to use if needed. That way your covered. 

‘Tom😀

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 11:53 AM, CanadianCruiser21 said:

For ships where sabbatinis is only open for dinner (Crown Princess), are you able to order from Sabbatinis for room service in the afternoon? 

I was just on Crown Princess last month, and Sabbatini and Crown Grill are available via room service beginning at 5:00pm. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

• Like 1

Does anyone know which dining room is club class on the Enchanted Princess?  I was reading on this thread and someone mentioned that there are more tables for two in the dining room that does NOT have club class dining.  Makes sense.

19 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Does anyone know which dining room is club class on the Enchanted Princess?  I was reading on this thread and someone mentioned that there are more tables for two in the dining room that does NOT have club class dining.  Makes sense.

Capri.  That could change though.

3 hours ago, memoak said:

It is almost always midship deck 6

Traditionally, it has been - I agree.  But at least earlier this year and late last year, some ships had moved it to Deck 5 and that DR had been absent from DMW, so that that DR was CC and walk-ups it seems.  Anyway, it becomes obvious which one it is as soon as one is on board and sees where lunch is on embarkation day because that DR is also the CC/RC DR.

Hi, new to princess and anytime dining. This is our first cruise since Covid happened. We are accustomed to fixed time early dining (5:30). Will we not be able to book a table before 8:30? How do you get to the shows. With looking at an Alaska Itinerary I was hoping to book a 6pm dining time. Is this unrealistic. I don't think we will be able to wait until 8:30 to eat!

Thanks

1 hour ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

Hi, new to princess and anytime dining. This is our first cruise since Covid happened. We are accustomed to fixed time early dining (5:30). Will we not be able to book a table before 8:30? How do you get to the shows. With looking at an Alaska Itinerary I was hoping to book a 6pm dining time. Is this unrealistic. I don't think we will be able to wait until 8:30 to eat!

Thanks

Pre-book as soon as you're able and you should have no trouble getting a time that suits you.  I think the poster you referenced was booking while on-board.

2 hours ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

Thanks

I'm booked on a B2B2B this fall and on a 10 day Mexico for the Eclipse next April. I booked 5:40 dining every night for all 4 of those cruises. On the B2B2B I have shared dining and on the Eclipse cruise I have a private table for 5. I had no trouble booking those times.

I know this has been asked before but there are to many replies to go though.  I am on the Caribbean Princess in 3 weeks.  I am trying to book the specialty restaurants but the app keeps telling me that I will be able to book once I am closer to my jouney.  The cruise is in 3 weeks.  Shouldn't I be able to book by now?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, shopgirl151 said:

I know this has been asked before but there are to many replies to go though.  I am on the Caribbean Princess in 3 weeks.  I am trying to book the specialty restaurants but the app keeps telling me that I will be able to book once I am closer to my jouney.  The cruise is in 3 weeks.  Shouldn't I be able to book by now?

Thanks

@shopgirl151 If you are trying to book by clicking on “explore dining options” that does not work until you are on board. Instead choose “view or book individual reservations” choose the day you want then add reservation and follow the prompts.

Edited by t&atravel

20 hours ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

Thanks

Last week, at 90 days out, I booked 5:30 dining times for all 7 nights of our Alaska cruise.  It was just as easy for our 10 night March Panama Canal cruise. We skipped the shows but could have been ready for a 7:30 performance 9/10 nights had we chosen to go.

Are you scrolling through times?  It may show 8:40 but spin that dial for earlier times.

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shopgirl151 said:

Thanks

Yes, you should be able to do that.

On 6/13/2023 at 5:05 PM, Luv2cruz1000 said:

Thanks

Once you make final payment, you can use the Medallion Class app to book a time slot through Dine My Way. There may be options for dining room, private or shared table and dining time. Depending on what has already been booked there may be an option to select the same time and dining room for the whole cruise. If not, you can select each day of the cruise in advance. 

Booking early dining should be possible. We always dine early and have had no problem booking early dining. We are elite and can book dining as soon as we book the cruise.

The information on not getting a reservation before 8:40 applies to people already onboard who have not made any dining reservation times. The dining rooms also have a line for those with no reservations (wait time depends on table availability and arrival time).

On 6/14/2023 at 1:58 PM, Steelers36 said:

Yes, you should be able to do that.

If you book a specialty dining restaurant from home, your credit card will immediately be charged the cover charge. If you get free specialty dining with a booking package you will have to wait until you are onboard to book the specialty dining without incurring the credit card charge.

53 minutes ago, Barry H said:

If you book a specialty dining restaurant from home, your credit card will immediately be charged the cover charge. If you get free specialty dining with a booking package you will have to wait until you are onboard to book the specialty dining without incurring the credit card charge.

Not necessarily.  There is a bug, but DMW should be acknowledging the credits.  Some guests have had success by calling in to the OCEAN support team for DMW.