'Go Green': Less housekeeping for an extra day's worth of Club Points

fstuff1

Current:

Housekeeping service consists of twice full daily cleaning and sanitization services; morning and evening.

The Go Green program:

provides a full daily cleaning and sanitation service.

The night touch service will provide a turndown of down of the bed, adjustment to room ambience, removal of garbage, and organization of guest items --making the stateroom and the bathroom neat with a personalized touch.

i'm planning to opt into it for my s-class cruise next week.

i always thought of twice a day full service housekeeping was silly.

Anyone been through the Go Green program?

whats your experience?

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Anyone been through the Go Green program?

whats your experience?

Yes, I opted for it on our recent Silhouette cruise. 
We were in a balcony room, with double points which was the offer when we booked.

Our points came through on Friday, 3x8nights = 24

Double points =48

+ one extra night points+3

Total 51 points.

As far as I could see, the only difference was that our sheets were not changed during the voyage. The towels were.Also the bath mat.

The following is from my notes:

Signed up 05/07/21 for Go Green reduced laundry service:

Edited by upwarduk
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Julie Jean said:

We signed up for it in advance of our cruise 2 weeks ago but no acknowledgementon board and no extra points 😞 

I don't cruise frequently enough to care about extra points, but either way, when I next cruise May 2022, I will def sign up for this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

We'll opt out for the Go Green program. We like it just the way it has been pre covid cruises. We never supported the save the waves program either. We don't consider the twice daily stateroom service silly. Personal preference. 

I am with you, I need a shower to wake me in the morning and before dinner at night, hate using damp towels!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Yes, I opted for it [the "Go Green" service] on our recent Silhouette cruise. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

And don't mess with our nightly pillow chocolate. 🤬

Hello, "upwarduk."

Are we correct in assuming that, under "Go Green," the evening's "light-touch service" still includes

(1) delivery of the next day's "Celebrity Today" issue and

(2) the customary chocolates?

Thank you!

• Like 1

We opted for this service and asked our SRA if he could provide the full cleaning, etc  in the evenings only and no service in the mornings. Told him we would be out of the stateroom by 5:30pm every evening. He said no problem and it worked out great and got an extra 5pts for the sailing.  

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, jg51 said:

Hello, "upwarduk."

Are we correct in assuming that, under "Go Green," the evening's "light-touch service" still includes

(1) delivery of the next day's "Celebrity Today" issue and

(2) the customary chocolates?

Thank you!

Yes, also bed turned down and clean towels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Yes, I opted for it on our recent Silhouette cruise. 
We were in a balcony room, with double points which was the offer when we booked.

Our points came through on Friday, 3x8nights = 24

Double points =48

+ one extra night points+3

Total 51 points.

As far as I could see, the only difference was that our sheets were not changed during the voyage. The towels were.Also the bath mat.

The following is from my notes:

Signed up 05/07/21 for Go Green reduced laundry service:

My only concern is towels. I find that they often don't dry hanging in the bathroom. I need dry towels if I want an evening shower. So if we leave the wet towels in the shower will they change them?

3 hours ago, gold1953 said:

My only concern is towels. I find that they often don't dry hanging in the bathroom. I need dry towels if I want an evening shower. So if we leave the wet towels in the shower will they change them?

They did for us

I sailed mid-July on Edge and opt-ed into the Go Green program. I've never sailed Celebrity before, so I do not have a baseline comparison, but I was very happy with how our room was kept. From the Go Green description you still get 1 FULL morning cleaning and 1 light turn-down/tidy service in the evening. Our room was always perfectly clean after breakfast and beautifully turned-down in the evening (pillow chocolate and all). Our towels were not taken every day if we hung them up, but they were replaced if we left them on the bathroom floor. We ended up getting new towels about every 2 days instead of every day. I definitely think this program is worth it to help reduce environmental concerns. It is not worthy of all the fuss people are making about it. 

Edited by AbbyCruiser45
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, conodor said:

for a couple points, i'd rather get the services i paid for.  I won't be guilted into feeling anti earth because tag the word "green" in the title.

Those "couple of points" put us in Elite Plus. And like I said, we didn't notice any difference in service.

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

With the AI, points are almost useless, not interested.

Does AI include any laundry?  Any discount on specialty dining or spa services?  I see that you said “almost useless” but some find the Captain’s Club  perks VERY useful, especially when sailing on BCC rates