The Daily for Saturday October 02, 2021

richwmn

Good morning everyone!  It's a foggy morning for some reason.  We haven't had rain in a week or two but are expecting some this coming week.  I hope things clear up soon because I am getting a slow start because of a lack of sunshine.  

Thanks to @richwmn for our Daily and to @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for those in need and cheers for all the celebrants.  Bon Voyage to all our Daily friends heading out on a ship.  @mamaofamithank you for your report on your household.  I'm so glad all is going well and the aide is working out well for you.  A nice quote and several nice days to celebrate.  No names for our cars.  The Jambalaya Pasta sounds good.  I know DH would be interested in that because he likes using sausage with either pasta or rice in his cooking.

We took our DD on a cruise in 2006 which stopped in Grenada.  That day we took a tour of Grenada and it ended up at the beach.  She enjoys that but we rarely have a beach day unless it's Patrick's tour in Bora Bora.  The second time was on a South American cruise (the one in 2015 that Lenda was on with us).  I took another tour that day, DH stayed on the ship, and I took a lot more photos.  Going to look for photos now.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

• Like 25

26 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.  

I guess I slept in today.  It felt good after a week of having to get up early every day.  Absolutely nothing is planned except for a dip in the pool later this morning.  We definitely need to salute our custodians.  What an important service they provide to us!   When I was a teenager we had a car that we referred to as The Old White Ghost.  It was one of those that kept running and running.  When my dad went to buy a new car they wouldn't take it as a trade in because of age and condition.  In fact, they wanted to charge him to take it.  

I've had today's wine and it was good.  For a shiraz I prefer the Black Opal I had on the Koningsdam.  I don't think they carry that brand anymore.  

Today's meal sounds really good.   When one of my sisters was living in the New Orleans area I really got into the Cajun/Creole cooking.   I have several of Paul Prudhomme's cookbooks and the one from Commander's Palace.  I never got to Prudhomme's restaurant as the line was always way too long.  

This first one is an easy recipe for a busy home.   The key is in the seasoning.   Also, the trinity of cajun cooking:  onions, bell pepper, and celery.  https://easyweeknightrecipes.com/one-pot-jambalaya-pasta/

Jambalaya-Pasta-2-1.thumb.jpg.a914997f809857e27cf1772452d3b845.jpg

Jambalaya-Pasta-7.thumb.jpg.ec5a3e283628d1c257efa1fcaaa3ec08.jpg

This next recipe includes shrimp along with the chicken and sausage.   https://dinnerthendessert.com/easy-cajun-jambalaya-pasta/

Cajun-Jambalaya-Pasta-3-768x1074.thumb.jpg.e13551f1fe18fe660b6af08265aef7d5.jpg

And the last selection is for a creamy jambalaya pasta:   https://southernbite.com/creamy-one-pot-jambalaya-pasta/

Creamy-One-Pot-Jambalaya-Pasta-2.jpg.99d22e16b87875f7a4b2cd3a3e8bc3d1.jpg

Have a great day!

😋

• Like 9

Good morning from central Texas.  The chances for rain are getting less and less by the hour.

I guess our frugal fun duiring the pandemic is taking rides through the countryside every few days.  I will salute custodians, especially now.  I've only had one car with a name.  When I got my driver's license, I got my mother's car to drive and my friends called it The Bomb.  It was a 1956 Plymouth and it had a few quirks.

The Walt Whitman quote is interesting.  I'll pass on the G&T, and probably the wine as I'm not a fan of Shiraz.  The meal looks good, but most jambalaya I've seen is served with rice.

@crazyforcats  We had a cat who liked to bring little critters in the house by hiding them in his mouth.  Ironically, when we couldn't catch them, we had to let him recatch them so we could release them outside.  We quickly learned to check his mouth before letting him back inside. 😉

@dfish  Debbie, glad you are still getting a good night's sleep.

@mamaofami Great news that you and Sam like the new aide.

We've been to Grenada twice on cruises, but I only have pictures from our call on February 6, 2015, on the Ruby Princess.  That day, we took the tourist train around town, then checked out a local grocery store and bought some cokes for the ship.

The view as we approadhed the port.

DSC02188.thumb.JPG.4e742f442b2c19923d4f774fc8ab524b.JPG

Our transportation for the day.  DH and I along with one other person were in the last row and were facing backwards.  It was easy to get pictures of where we had been.

DSC02189.thumb.JPG.b42bd7e7aa5b0797a0feaa95f448dd64.JPG

Town which was getting ready for Carnival.

DSC02191.thumb.JPG.31ff007300522234bde591dd57ee8519.JPG

DSC02192.thumb.JPG.ead0efb1073fae4683122bd32624db46.JPG

DSC02202.thumb.JPG.c081737daa951c9f1109834175b24986.JPG

DSC02204.thumb.JPG.8048d1387aa4c177011602bc025ae452.JPG

DSC02194.thumb.JPG.e1fafbc8c6bb7c5f3a5f1cdc878d2339.JPG
DSC02207.thumb.JPG.1f6b41fd43bcba9839fc5e7432610c1d.JPG

We went up the big hill behind downtown, but came back through this tunner.

DSC02209.thumb.JPG.629354000eef3683c964ae14114d4e07.JPG

DSC02210.thumb.JPG.90885933198e72cd91b8204c29bc28d5.JPG

Lenda

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone!

Good days to celebrate - Frugal Day works for DH and me, we both hate to waste money or time. National Custodian's Day is appropriate, as DH was a school custodian for 10 years after being laid off from his previous job.  He loved being around all the elementary school children.  I was PTA president at the elementary school (before he started working there), and always felt the custodians were more important to the school functioning well than the principal!

We were in Granada in 2012 on the Caribbean Princess.  We did a tour of the island, including Nutmeg World and the Grand Etang National Park. The flowers were beautiful everywhere we went.  We also so a building destroyed during the fighting, and a monument to the USA thanking them for helping.  Everyone we saw who knew we were Americans said thank you...very humbling.

IMG_2662.thumb.JPG.85d4bb5ddb89fdd4348ad9f29a38ad2a.JPG

IMG_2693.thumb.JPG.886e8b3784566e6ad15b4439df169b74.JPG

IMG_2700.thumb.JPG.6fb20b48c717a71ae7214217706eaed5.JPG

IMG_2704.thumb.JPG.a3367685966f1f1e4b646db69811f930.JPG

IMG_2724.thumb.JPG.fac0fc81cdd506e72cd79f7b48cfa0a3.JPG

IMG_2729.thumb.JPG.b0b9c1cd9b9ccebb6e453b737827d04f.JPG

IMG_2731.thumb.JPG.46846f5db3c1cc2d95da36e41adea78d.JPG

Today is DH's birthday, we're having pulled pork in the crock pot for dinner.  We'll probably celebrate at a restaurant during the week, as our 47th anniversary is on Tuesday.  It's getting harder to coordinate with our 2 DS's schedules where we can all get together.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day and weekend. Prayers for all on the Care list, lifting a glass to celebrate with all on the Cheers list.  Enjoy!!

Laura

• Like 33

St. Georges, Grenada on Feb. 6, 2015 as seen from the Ruby Princess.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI702-V6t9Od9x27gr9Aoi6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213185

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKhxIt0c5arOiK1KizjOff-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213188

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKagv2IArV33pXo9hD8A7rK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213200

Many parts of the town still showed the damage from Hurricane Ivan in 2004 which devastated it.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLv1AGA9-y6g3GM9ZGETGqB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213222

It wasn't time for my tour yet so we walked around the town early that morning.  The island was celebrating Independence Day so we saw the red, yellow and green colors displayed all over.  We also noticed a different way to sell your produce rather than a farmer's market; out of your truck.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4MsLhiA5xPdRvcbp50gf6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213246

Later we started our tour by visiting Fort Frederick.  The children were there to perform for us.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIt5oqDRLWiZs7kAEsCjPZd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213262

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjLrSiyk_Dd5gMCZSh0AoA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213269

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJIdIezlBMX1DPpUmfj-WwO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213278

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIY3EmjAgW6rhAhiqyZF3-e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213275

View from the Fort.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUNHYxvu_ruG3S-EunrvIO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213270

On our way to our next stop our bus passed by a local cemetery.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHjYtG0OZb3HuwLfHx10pZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213307

We arrived at Dougaldston Spice Estate to learn how spices such as nutmeg, mace and cocoa are grown and processed the old-fashioned way, dried by the sun.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKj15F8_FWYBHjawAAvVMed?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213537

The cocoa beans are laid out on these trays to dry in the sun, but can rolled right under the buildings when it rains.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgXWlkUzftPTEJMq1LjVTa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213553

And a papaya tree.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKEpiOCFPm97fo4Voaw1fJi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213588

Next up was the Grand Etang Park and Annandale Farms.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIp7hIFOD1l5SXbbcA8UZlh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213591

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL5GdnCvKjFwQDRhFEWW_-M?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213599

We walked down a trail to the falls.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKt5ADO6AjEc0Rb76Oej_P2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213607

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcQvhNxEh7N4UPSRH4uLgR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213616

There were people there who would jump from the top into the water for a tip.  Can you see the man in the yellow shorts waiting to jump?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKX5AnH5byvAWhdqNoQa1t-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213618

Splash!  It happens fast!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKHX3v1i-OMyjxjsOcsXs-G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213628

Eventually we headed back to St. Georges, but the traffic was so bad we just inched along when we got back to the town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL32Ov0rG8tIgTP0XT4jhCS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213641

If my memory is correct, the tour arrived back at the ship 25 minutes late.  As soon as we all rushed back on board the Ruby Princess moved on to Port of Spain, Trinidad.  Thank goodness it was a ship's tour!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Just awakening here in Seattle. Don’t think we will be having any Frugal Fun today as we board the MS Nieuw Amsterdam for 21 days.

So we check in the Marriott yesterday and the receptionist looks at my wife and her identical mirror twin Sister. I say yup got a matched set of wives. He stated your a lucky man!

Got to our room and it had one king size bed. Where is my SIL going to sleep? My wife goes back to lobby and we get another room with two beds! 

The receptionist got the wrong impression.😱

Have a great weekend. 

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 8
  • Haha 28

5 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. Just awakening here in Seattle. Don’t think we will be having any Frugal Fun today as we board the MS Nieuw Amsterdam for 21 days.

So we check in the Marriott yesterday and the receptionist looks at my wife and her identical mirror twin Sister. I say yup got a matched set of wives. He stated your a lucky man!

Got to our room and it had one king size bed. Where is my SIL going to sleep? My wife goes back to lobby and we get another room with two beds! 

Have a great weekend. 

Have a great trip Chief, enjoy the canal and the other ports.

• Like 18

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I think all of us participated in frugal fun during this damndemnic!  When things are shut down, you have to get creative - like @Quartzsite Cruiser, we often took to driving around the city just to get out of the house and see different sights.  Bless the custodians of the world - cleaning is only a minor portion of their jobs, and I certainly respect them.  We've never named our cars - called them names sometimes, but never named them.

We started drinking gin & tonics when we were on our SE Asia cruise in 2019 and found them very refreshing after a day of touring.  Sitting on the back deck of the Maasdam, watching the sunset became a nightly ritual for us - great memories.  We had a few g&t's over the summer, but they weren't the same without the Maasdam.  

@rafinmd I think if we're ever on a cruise together, I'm going to sit at the same table in the dining room; when the waiter comes around, I'm just going to tell him "I'll have what he's having."  LOL  

Well yesterday I did, indeed, bake cookies.  I made 8 dozen oatmeal chocolate chip, and 4 dozen oatmeal raisin (those are for DH).  The chocolate chip are already in packages in the freezer, and will be taken with us next week when (we hope) we will be going to see the DGS's and their parents in Calgary for a week.  I say hope, because both provinces are in horrible shape due to Covid; the ICU's are at capacity, with 87% of the beds taken up by those who are not vaccinated.  We're keeping our fingers crossed and will be very careful if we are able to go.

@dfishgood for you for sleeping in; it must mean your back wasn't bothering you - what a relief that must be for you!

@kazu I'm holding off pulling out all my flowers, because some former colleagues are coming over for a coffee afternoon on Tuesday and I don't want the yard to look barren.  Be assured though, the moment the last car leaves the driveway, I'll be pulling out plants like a crazed woman!

Bon Voyage to all those who are boarding a BHB today; I'm green with envy!

I like today's menu suggestion, but when DH came home from his drone filming the other day, he stopped at a Hutterite colony where he bought fresh garden vegetables, and some interesting sausage - with apple and saskatoon berries in it.  That is going to be on the barbecue tonight, along with dilled potatoes and grilled asparagus.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay well, wear your masks, be safe, wash your hands, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 33

16 minutes ago, kplady said:

DH was a school custodian for 10 years after being laid off from his previous job.  He loved being around all the elementary school children.  I was PTA president at the elementary school (before he started working there), and always felt the custodians were more important to the school functioning well than the principal!

Those of us who have worked in a school know that the secretaries and custodians are the ones that make the school function.   Actually, it should be a team approach.  The purpose of the school is to educate the children, but it can't be done unless everyone works together towards that purpose.  All of those jobs are important and belong on equal footing.   

14 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Hello Again, @dfish the recipe looks good when I leave out the shrimp.  I heard some loud noises coming from the bathroom.  Amelia and Jasper caught another mouse!  Amelia was not happy when I took away another “toy”.  Guess we will go get some traps. 

Funny how your mice are ending up in the bathroom.   I think all houses have mice at one point or another.  I remember one cold winter morning when I was sitting at the kitchen table drinking my coffee before going to work.  I watched a little mouse crawl in under the back door.  I know it was January and cold, but he had to go.  He was cute, but I didn't want him inviting his cousins to join him.   He got half way across the floor when he noticed me and was so scared he literally trembled.  I think he knew his fate if he stuck around.   He went running under the fridge.  I got one of those ultrasonic devices that runs them out and never saw him again.  

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Rich and Daily-ites. Thank you to all contributors. 

@aliaschief Bon Voyage to you and your girls (wink)

I have named my bikes, stuffed animals, and my cars. And Elvis of course. Roy I would say Elvis counts!

image.png.0146f6da786b2070255d2cb1c63eadce.png

When I was young and broke I had to be frugal. Luckily I worked at a hotel and got free meals. 

image.png.87f8e94d1752d17263dbe6ae1f0fecb5.png

I like cajun cuisine but I'd love Roy's alternative today. No on the GT and Shiraz. 

Lenda we have been lucky getting rain. It rained last night but our friends who were downtown for Poptober fest said it stayed dry all evening. No more rain in the forecast for us, and creeping back to 90 this week. 

No one worked on the remodel yesterday. I'm thankful the contractor had heavy paper rolled from the front door through the house into the bedroom and taped down. I guess it's here to stay for awhile, but it's going to drive me nuts. I love a squeaky clean home!

Prayers, Cheers and Blessings. 

• Like 24

10 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Lenda we have been lucky getting rain. It rained last night but our friends who were downtown for Poptober fest said it stayed dry all evening. No more rain in the forecast for us, and creeping back to 90 this week. 

Joy, we got a little more than an inch of rain Thursday night, and a few sprinkles yesterday.  Even though our chances for rain today have gone down, it is getting cloudy and looking more like rain.  BUT, as you are learning, rain clouds in Texas don't always mean rain.  😀  I just thankful for the rain we got.  And our temperatures are going back into the 90s, but it won't be as bad as this summer.

• Like 20

Good morning!I have always named my cars and the mechanic even calls my 12 year old Subaru by his name.Custodians  deserve a major salute and always kept the facilities  I worked in going.I try to be frugal and often  hear my moms' words in my head.Her stories of living  through the Depression  were repeated  often.

The recipe looks great and is a possibility  for later.I am back to cooking for two again and it is like a vacation!

@kazu,the cartoons were especially  funny today..I told the dog all about the cats who  were ordering  from Amazon.

@mamaofami,I am so happy to hear all is well at home.

@kplady,Happy  Birthday  to DH

Thanks for the pictures  of Granada.It looks like a great place to visit.

Terry

• Like 24

28 minutes ago, dfish said:

Those of us who have worked in a school know that the secretaries and custodians are the ones that make the school function.   Actually, it should be a team approach.  The purpose of the school is to educate the children, but it can't be done unless everyone works together towards that purpose.  All of those jobs are important and belong on equal footing.   

Debbie, I agree about the secretaries and custodians being the backbone of schools.  I'll add that the parent volunteers, and I was one, are also very important to a schools smoothing running. 

Having worked as a secretary in several businesses over the years, the same can be said about secretaries and custodians being the backbone of business.  All the support staff any where keeps things going, and makes the bosses look good.  Most bosses would be lost without them.

46 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Have a great weekend. 

Loved the story about your check in at the hotel.  I would have liked to have seen the look on the receptionist's face.  Have a great cruise.

47 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It wasn't time for my tour yet so we walked around the town early that morning.  The island was celebrating Independence Day so we saw the red, yellow and green colors displayed all over.  We also noticed a different way to sell your produce rather than a farmer's market; out of your truck.

Sandi, thank you for mentioning that it was Grenada's Independence Day.  I had forgotten that when I said they were preparing for carnival, which they probably were soing too.

50 minutes ago, kplady said:

Today is DH's birthday, we're having pulled pork in the crock pot for dinner.  We'll probably celebrate at a restaurant during the week, as our 47th anniversary is on Tuesday.  It's getting harder to coordinate with our 2 DS's schedules where we can all get together.

Laura

Laura, wish your DH a HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎈 for me.

• Like 24

🎂Best Wishes to your DH @kplady.

🤓 I  watch Jeopardy every evening, too.

😊We were in Grenada ages ago on a Princess 🚢 and just remember buying a spice type necklace for the kitchen.

🙏Prayers to all in need, Happy Weekend and👍 thanks to both Rich for the Daily and Roy for the Care and Celebration Lists. 😉

Katie

FB_IMG_1633183668930.jpg

FB_IMG_1633183760794.jpg

• Like 26

1 hour ago, kplady said:

Today is DH's birthday, we're having pulled pork in the crock pot for dinner.  We'll probably celebrate at a restaurant during the week, as our 47th anniversary is on Tuesday. 

Happy Birthday to your DH.  (I've got a pork roast in the crock pot and I'll make pulled pork for our dinner tonight too)

Early Happy Anniversary to you two!

• Like 17

Good morning everyone and Happy Saturday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

Custodians are very important and often taken for granted. I remember back when I started at my first job in the medical field (1975) the girl training me was Georgette and everyone called her George. Someone made a huge mess with the hole punch and the paper holes were all over the floor which I started to pick up but she said, “no, you don’t have to do that, George will take care of it”. Of course I was shocked that Georgette had to clean up the mess. I found out later that a different George was the nightly custodian. 🤣

Grenada was on my canceled Zaandam Holiday cruise and I had a spice tour already booked that I was really looking forward to. Still bummed about that. Thanks to everyone who posted pictures. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

St. Georges, Grenada on Feb. 6, 2015 as seen from the Ruby Princess.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI702-V6t9Od9x27gr9Aoi6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213185

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKhxIt0c5arOiK1KizjOff-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213188

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKagv2IArV33pXo9hD8A7rK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213200

Many parts of the town still showed the damage from Hurricane Ivan in 2004 which devastated it.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLv1AGA9-y6g3GM9ZGETGqB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213222

It wasn't time for my tour yet so we walked around the town early that morning.  The island was celebrating Independence Day so we saw the red, yellow and green colors displayed all over.  We also noticed a different way to sell your produce rather than a farmer's market; out of your truck.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4MsLhiA5xPdRvcbp50gf6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213246

Later we started our tour by visiting Fort Frederick.  The children were there to perform for us.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIt5oqDRLWiZs7kAEsCjPZd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213262

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjLrSiyk_Dd5gMCZSh0AoA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213269

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJIdIezlBMX1DPpUmfj-WwO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213278

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIY3EmjAgW6rhAhiqyZF3-e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213275

View from the Fort.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUNHYxvu_ruG3S-EunrvIO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213270

On our way to our next stop our bus passed by a local cemetery.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHjYtG0OZb3HuwLfHx10pZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213307

We arrived at Dougaldston Spice Estate to learn how spices such as nutmeg, mace and cocoa are grown and processed the old-fashioned way, dried by the sun.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKj15F8_FWYBHjawAAvVMed?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213537

The cocoa beans are laid out on these trays to dry in the sun, but can rolled right under the buildings when it rains.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgXWlkUzftPTEJMq1LjVTa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213553

And a papaya tree.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKEpiOCFPm97fo4Voaw1fJi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213588

Next up was the Grand Etang Park and Annandale Farms.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIp7hIFOD1l5SXbbcA8UZlh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213591

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL5GdnCvKjFwQDRhFEWW_-M?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213599

We walked down a trail to the falls.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKt5ADO6AjEc0Rb76Oej_P2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213607

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcQvhNxEh7N4UPSRH4uLgR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213616

There were people there who would jump from the top into the water for a tip.  Can you see the man in the yellow shorts waiting to jump?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKX5AnH5byvAWhdqNoQa1t-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213618

Splash!  It happens fast!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKHX3v1i-OMyjxjsOcsXs-G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213628

Eventually we headed back to St. Georges, but the traffic was so bad we just inched along when we got back to the town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL32Ov0rG8tIgTP0XT4jhCS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213641

If my memory is correct, the tour arrived back at the ship 25 minutes late.  As soon as we all rushed back on board the Ruby Princess moved on to Port of Spain, Trinidad.  Thank goodness it was a ship's tour!

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing the. We love Grenada... Authentic and very friendly. We went over the hill one time some years ago and found the absolute best, most colorful outdoor market ever. It was huge, full of fruit and vegetables and hoards of fun people...mostly local ladies dressed in bright colors and having a great time. Good memories....

• Like 20

Good morning.  Instead of a "mouse funeral" I have to leave shortly for the funeral of an ex-neighbor.  And I am so sorry to say that it was a COVID related death.  She refused to mask or to be vaccinated.  

Today seems like the day to honor my late paternal Grandfather.  He was the custodian at the courthouse in SE Colorado.  He started there before the building was completed in the 30's and was still working there till his late 70's.  I always called it "Grandpa's Courthouse."  Everyone in town knew him and he was greatly revered.

I would love some good jambalaya, but it never is the same without the shellfish.  My allergy prevents me from tasting all the wonderful shellfish recipes that appear on the Daily.  Hope that everyone enjoys the yummy sounding recipes!

We went to Grenada on the Maasdam in 1994.  Cruises that year were considered Inaugural year.  We had a woman with us that worked with my DH, and it was so much fun to share her delight in her first cruise.  Grenada seemed like such a beautiful island and the people were so nice!

Have a great day, everyone!

• Like 26