RCCL announces World Cruise, 61 K for inside.

Bill Miller

ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTRODUCES ULTIMATE WORLD TOUR, THE FARTHEST-REACHING CRUISE TO ALL SEVEN CONTINENTS

Serenade of the Seas to Make Cruising's First-of-its-kind, 274-Night Adventure in 2023

MIAMI, Oct. 20, 2021 – Adventurers seeking to travel far and wide can now set off on a world tour of their own. Royal Caribbean International is raising the bar for world cruises with the debut of the inaugural Ultimate World Cruise, an epic 274-night adventure that visits all seven continents, more than 150 destinations in 65 countries and 11 great wonders of the world. This rich, immersive experience on Serenade of the Seas is the longest and most comprehensive world cruise out there, sailing roundtrip from Miami on Dec. 10, 2023 and through Sept. 10, 2024. Bookings for the full Ultimate World Cruise can be made by phone starting today, with an exclusive one-week window through Oct. 26 for Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society Diamond status members and above.

Travelers will sail to 57 destinations new to the cruise line and exclusive to the cruise itself. Highlights include Casablanca, Morocco; Qaqortoq, Greenland; and Shimizu, Japan – the gateway to Mount Fuji. Guests can delve deep into many of the world’s breathtaking wonders, from Peru’s Machu Picchu to the Taj Mahal in India, and experience distinct cultures and picturesque shores at every corner of the world all in one spectacular adventure – only on Royal Caribbean.

“This is the world cruise of world cruises,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International “Now more than ever, people have resolved to travel the world and make up for lost time. Royal Caribbean is making that a reality with the ultimate vacation that welcomes those seeking adventure and exploration to taste, dance and dream with us around the world. To travelers asking themselves where they should go next, we say everywhere.”

Guests ready to traverse the world can book the full Ultimate World Cruise today or choose from any of the four expeditions that will offer a wide range of destinations as soon as December 2021 – the Americas, Asia-Pacific, the Mediterranean and Northern Europe:

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1564/royal-caribbean-introduces-ultimate-world-tour-the-farthest-reaching-cruise-to-all-seven-continents/

I do not think that i could be on a ship for that length of time, but maybe if I looked at it, as a living arrangement, then maybe I could do it.  Also, an inside cabin would not work for me either.  Thanks for sharing, as I have contemplated doing something like this, or a section of it.  I love the idea that it is roundtrip from Miami!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I do not think that i could be on a ship for that length of time, but maybe if I looked at it, as a living arrangement, then maybe I could do it.  Also, an inside cabin would not work for me either.  Thanks for sharing, as I have contemplated doing something like this, or a section of it.  I love the idea that it is roundtrip from Miami!

If RCI is charging 61K for an inside which is only 160 sq. ft., I can't wait to check out what the costs are are for outside and balconies let alone the suites.  I will also add that as much as I love my husband of 54 years, I am positive we we couldn't spend 274 days together even in the largest suite no matter what the ship!!!!!😍😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

30 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

$61K for an inside cabin on RCL.  THEY ARE INSANE!  Are the powdered eggs at the buffet included or is that now an up charge?

But lots of goodies are included 

"Guests who join us for the entire Ultimate World Cruise will receive the following inclusions:

Embarkation Amenities

Round-trip business class airfare

Pre-cruise hotel and gala

Premium transfers between airport, hotel and ship

Onboard Amenities

Deluxe Beverage Package for entire voyage

VOOM Wi-Fi internet for entire voyage

Gratuities for entire voyage 

Wash and fold laundry service 

Our Crown & Anchor Society guests who hold Platinum status and above will also receive the exclusive benefit of included excursions to the 7 New World Wonders."

And a free liver transplant! 

😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

To be honest, we have spent  a huge amount of money with close to 30 cruises. To do most of the World at even $200,000 would be a savings. It sounds like fun to me even though I have never cruised on Royal. 

I would love to be gone for close to a year on a cruise ship.

• Like 2

I believe for those that can afford it, and enjoy being on a ship for that length of time, and enjoy multiple sea days, and everything else associated with that length of a cruise, power to them. 🍻 For us, after 15 days on a ship we are ready to get off for awhile. 

• Like 5

And to think---- Hours of Marketing Dept meetings, Think Tanks, Surveys , Focus Groups , went into this and they came up with $61K's ------for an inside room . 

Why the extra $1K -- $60 K would be much more reasonable , and , if they threw in a Dinner with a Sr Officer ( 23 yr old in GR ) , now, that's a great deal. 

Pinboy , 274 nights on a ship --- in an inside room ---- $61 K ???  See Ya !!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

But lots of goodies are included 

"Guests who join us for the entire Ultimate World Cruise will receive the following inclusions:

Embarkation Amenities

Round-trip business class airfare

Pre-cruise hotel and gala

Premium transfers between airport, hotel and ship

Onboard Amenities

Deluxe Beverage Package for entire voyage

VOOM Wi-Fi internet for entire voyage

Gratuities for entire voyage 

Wash and fold laundry service 

Our Crown & Anchor Society guests who hold Platinum status and above will also receive the exclusive benefit of included excursions to the 7 New World Wonders."

And a free liver transplant! 

😁

😂

Maybe you could try a warm up cruise.  My wife and I did 80 days on the Queen Victoria (Cunard), San Francisco to London, with a 7 day crossing on the QM2 to New York City.  Loved every minute of it, and we would do 9 months if we could afford it.  By the way, we were in an inside cabin and paid $12,500 each, which included gratuities and $750 OBC.  You meet some very interesting people on a World Cruise!  

This was in 2019.  In 2023, you could do 92 days, New York to London for a little more than $16,860 per person on the QV, in an inside cabin.  Cunard is very formal, but a big step up from Royal.

Enjoy!

Kel😃

5 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Much to long for me- I take a couple of medications daily and I do not think my insurance plan would let me get a supply for the entire cruise.  Plus, would get so expensive doing laundry and dry cleaning.  Also, unless a big suite- we would have too much stuff!

From what DirtyDawg posted above, seems laundry is included "Wash and fold laundry service " so that is no excuse so don't let that hold you back 😆

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mom says said:

Nope. No way I could be away from my home and family for 9 months straight. But I could be totally on board with the Asia-Pacific leg of the cruise.

Agreed. Best time to go will be when the grandkids are in their teenage years.  😉 😊