The Daily for Wednesday October 27, 2021

richwmn

13 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I told our black cat to enjoy her day.  Currently she is hiding under the sofa away from the newly adopted very orange male (neutered) kitten.  We have a house full of fur babies.  I love the daily, so thank you for posting this.

My DH (carmando) is having surgery today on  a clogged artery in his right leg,  four years after the heart attack, so if you can, please add him to your prayer list.

I am new to Holland, and it is so nice to find a thread that is uplifting and joyful.

Our prayers 🙏 are on the way for a successful operation today for your husband's clogged leg artery.

Graham.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

Our Football team Sunderland are nicknamed the Black Cats.

We had a black Persian cat for 15 years when I lived with my parents.

We visited St Petersburg on a cruise from Copenhagen on Serenade of the seas and had a lovely tour of the city.

We are about to get lunch so I will post a photo later.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Happy Birthday

If  i could i would put Sunderland back in the prem for you, always enjoyed singing the Peter Reid song.

Regards Bob

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Just checked my doctor's office and he told the nurse we should get the half dose.  Now I am going to start calling and find out where I can get that.  Definitely not going to accept the quarter dose!

Good luck Sandi.

We were told our Pfizer boosters are the same as our regular vaccine jabs.

My 6 months wait before I am eligible for a booster will be up on November 6th.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Woofwoo1 said:

Happy Birthday

If  i could i would put Sunderland back in the prem for you, always enjoyed singing the Peter Reid song.

Regards Bob

Thank you Bob.

We have a premiership ground,training facilities,30,000+ supporters for league 1 games so hopefully in 2 years we will be back.

Graham.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I love the daily, so thank you for posting this.

My DH (carmando) is having surgery today on  a clogged artery in his right leg,  four years after the heart attack, so if you can, please add him to your prayer list.

Prayers are winging their way for your DH’s surgery 🙏🏻 

25 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I am new to Holland, and it is so nice to find a thread that is uplifting and joyful.

Welcome to the Holland America Board & to the Daily 🙂 

• Like 14

Good Morning Everyone from a bright and sunny day at the beach

Love a good storyteller. Have not been to todays port, was on our scheduled Baltic Trip in 2020 but  was cancelled. Would love to see the pictures.

@grapau27 Graham- A very Happy Birthday to you. May you enjoy many more.

@St. Louis Sal  What a wonderful thing to do participating in a clinical trial. I really hope and pray that you also benefit from it.

Thanks for the reminder about the booster. I will schedule ours today. My Doctor wanted me to wait 8 months from the 2nd shot which is now.

Stay safe and enjoy today  ( especially the Birthday Boy!)

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Interesting set of days!  We had a feral black cat who visited us regularly while we lived in the country in Florida.  Such a sweetie!  Naturally I will celebrate lung health day, as mine is so damaged and hope that others don't suffer similarly!!  A good story is always enjoyed!

@grapau27best wishes for a wonderful birthday.  Your lunch looks great!  

@Seasick Sailorsending good thoughts for your DH's MOHS surgery.  Hope that it is only one cutting!  Both times I have had it, I was able to leave after the first go-round!

Well, I had my booster dose on Monday, and yesterday morning I though I had come through it just fine.  As the day wore on, I developed a fever, chills, and all over achy feeling (similar to the flu).  This is certainly more than I had with the first two doses of Moderna.  I feel somewhat better this morning, but am taking it easy.  Hope no one else has a similar reaction!  First dose I was sleepy, and second dose was no reaction at all!  Guess my immune system fought the booster dose.

St. Petersburg will be on the itinerary when I do the Baltics cruise In October on the Rotterdam just prior to the TA!  Am looking forward to those cruises.  I definitely want a better impression of Russia than I got in 2011 on the Volendam when we visited Valdivostock and Petrapalosk!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you!  When I call the pharmacy and ask they give me a jumble of "it's a half dose but it's 0.25".  What is she saying?  The full doses were 100 micrograms so a half dose should be 50 micrograms.  When I asked specifically if it was 50 micrograms she tries to evade giving me a straight answer.  I'm going to get to the bottom of this.  Any help from your experience is appreciated.

I think she is saying that the safe thing to do is to get your booster shot elsewhere.

• Like 12

St Petersberg is a beautiful place and my favourite attraction was the Faberge museum.

We had tour group reckomended to us called alla tours who were very good over 2 days but wouldnt let us out of the mini bus till we had given good feedbsck.

Regards Bob

• Like 17

I was under the impression that the Moderna Booster would only be half the dosage but my DH and I both received a full dosage. You know, I'm just so grateful we had the opportunity to get the protection now. Our aunt in Belgium is still waiting and waiting!!!

😊 Our CC group visited the Peterhof Palace in Oct. 2011 and had a fantastic time the 2 days we were there (🚢Emerald Princess). Wouldn't be a kick if some of you were in the photo??😉🤓

🎂All the best to Graham @grapau27 on his special day. 👍Thank you for The  Daily Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration Lists. 🙏Prayers to all in need.

Katie 

FB_IMG_1635345925310.jpg

FB_IMG_1635346072342.jpg

FB_IMG_1633792745053.jpg

FB_IMG_1633792739287.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, kazu said:

Prayers are winging their way for your DH’s surgery 🙏🏻 

Welcome to the Holland America Board & to the Daily 🙂 

PRAYERS BEING SENT HIS WAY.

jim.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Woofwoo1 said:

We had tour group reckomended to us called alla tours who were very good over 2 days but wouldnt let us out of the mini bus till we had given good feedbsck.

Wow on being in the van until you gave feed back. 😱 

We used Alla too and were pleased.  No one tried that with us - and it’s a good thing they didn’t 😉. I can be merciless if coercion is tried 😉 

I happily gave them great reviews on my own time on Trip Advisor and my LIVE thread.

• Like 17

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday!  I’m home from Houston, actually got home Monday afternoon but I was tuckered out. Yesterday DM had preliminary blood work for her CT scan scheduled for Friday. This is a baseline CT that the doctors will use to compare all future CT’s. She’ll also have PET scans at some point. 

I had an absolutely wonderful time with my girlfriends in Houston. Highlights were a Chef’s Tasting Dinner at Brennan’s:

96CFBDAB-1D70-42DB-9E7C-CD8EB4A5F8FA.thumb.jpeg.1f447feeccf2d37347ba72d10b7b97d3.jpeg

We were actually in the kitchen just separated by a partial wall and glass. We were the first to eat there since the shutdown. They were so happy to have us. The yellow ribbon indicates it’s someone’s birthday, the one third from the right. She is the mother of the little boy, Jakob, who was in PICU with covid. I told her about my Daily friends praying for him and she was so touched. 

Second highlight was a cooking class at Central Market:

789CFF95-B5CE-46D8-8692-02B35169FD17.jpeg.305d1f329eab14ae440cac2d5c300ea7.jpeg

We cooked a three course meal which we devoured.  We made a chilled soup! I thought of everyone here who loves chilled soups.  It was an avocado, roasted poblano pepper soup with a jicama, mango relish with grilled shrimp. Yum!

9305D465-852D-4940-914D-F66B6DF1A2D6.thumb.jpeg.8fd26d2942ec4d7a45d3f94d5eda965d.jpeg

I have a very busy week with DM so I’m not sure if I will be able to catch up with the past weeks Daily’s. Prayers to those on the Care list. 

@grapau27Graham Happy Birthday 

🎂🎈🧁🍾🥂❤️

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you!  When I call the pharmacy and ask they give me a jumble of "it's a half dose but it's 0.25".  What is she saying?  The full doses were 100 micrograms so a half dose should be 50 micrograms.  When I asked specifically if it was 50 micrograms she tries to evade giving me a straight answer.  I'm going to get to the bottom of this.  Any help from your experience is appreciated.

Mine was a half dosage, Sandi. Never thought to ask how many micrograms. Sorry. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

I told our black cat to enjoy her day.  Currently she is hiding under the sofa away from the newly adopted very orange male (neutered) kitten.  We have a house full of fur babies.  I love the daily, so thank you for posting this.

Welcome to the Daily! Prayers for a successful outcome for your DH & a fast recuperation!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Welcome!

Praying Carmando's surgery goes smoothly.

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday!  I’m home from Houston, actually got home Monday afternoon but I was tuckered out. Yesterday DM had preliminary blood work for her CT scan scheduled for Friday. This is a baseline CT that the doctors will use to compare all future CT’s. She’ll also have PET scans at some point. 

I had an absolutely wonderful time with my girlfriends in Houston. Highlights were a Chef’s Tasting Dinner at Brennan’s:

96CFBDAB-1D70-42DB-9E7C-CD8EB4A5F8FA.thumb.jpeg.1f447feeccf2d37347ba72d10b7b97d3.jpeg

We were actually in the kitchen just separated by a partial wall and glass. We were the first to eat there since the shutdown. They were so happy to have us. The yellow ribbon indicates it’s someone’s birthday, the one third from the right. She is the mother of the little boy, Jakob, who was in PICU with covid. I told her about my Daily friends praying for him and she was so touched. 

Second highlight was a cooking class at Central Market:

789CFF95-B5CE-46D8-8692-02B35169FD17.jpeg.305d1f329eab14ae440cac2d5c300ea7.jpeg

We cooked a three course meal which we devoured.  We made a chilled soup! I thought of everyone here who loves chilled soups.  It was an avocado, roasted poblano pepper soup with a jicama, mango relish with grilled shrimp. Yum!

9305D465-852D-4940-914D-F66B6DF1A2D6.thumb.jpeg.8fd26d2942ec4d7a45d3f94d5eda965d.jpeg

I have a very busy week with DM so I’m not sure if I will be able to catch up with the past weeks Daily’s. Prayers to those on the Care list. 

@grapau27Graham Happy Birthday 

🎂🎈🧁🍾🥂❤️

Welcome home! Love the pictures.

• Like 10

Good morning from sunny, but NOT windy (yet) Quartzsite.  This is a busy place today.  The Daily was on page 3 when I first looked about 7:45 MST, which means we're on CA time,  and by the time I finished reading all the posts, it's on page 4.

Black cats are just as much fun as cats of other colors.  Younger DD had a black cat with a few white places, and  Frisky lived to 18.  Storytellers are getting rarer and rarer.  My maternal grandmother was a great storyteller.  My father tried to get her to record some of her stories, but she wouldn't do it.  Sadly, all those stories were lost when she died in 1960.  Lung health is certainly important.

I'm not sure I like Robert Louis Stevenson's quote.

The meal looks interesting, but I think we'll pass, and will pass on the drink.  The wine sounds good, but not the price.  😱

@St. Louis Sal  I hope you are accepted for the new drug trial, and that it helps you too.  I admire your willingness to do so much for future ALS sufferers.

@1ANGELCAT and @Crazy For Cats  Thank you for your pictures of your black cats -- real cuties.

@cat shepard, Ann, @StLouisCruisers, Sandi, and @mamaofami, Carol, glad your are getting your boosters.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, great news that DH's tooth can be salvaged.

@marshhawk  Welcome the HAL boards and especially to the Daily, a very supportive "family".  Sending good thoughts that your DH's surgery goes well.

@Horizon chaser 1957  Glad you did not have a lot of damage from the storm.  Have a great time in Mexico on your upcoming trip.

@cruzn single  Hope you feel better soon.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, sending good thoughts for Allen's procedure today.  Hope your bathroom is finished soon, and your cable is restored today.

@Sharon in AZ  Welcome home.  Glad you had a good time and thanks for the pictures.

@grapau27

🥂 HAPPY 65th BIRTHDAY GRAHAM🎂

We have been to St. Petersburgh tiwice on BHBs.  The first time was 2003 on Rotterdam VI, and the second was 2016 on the Prinsendam.  Both times, we were there two full days, and we took ship's tours, which were not bad.  I have a lot of pictures taken over four days, and will go through them and post some later.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Welcome to the Daily.  Adding DH to the prayer list.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Back from the dentist, my most immediately satisfying appointment of the week.  Permanent crown in place after a long wait.  Tooth started a bit of pain in late June, warned by the surgeon to wait 3 months after my valve repair for dental visits and take an antiseptic before any work.  Did see my dentist soon for just a look, and got a root canal about 2 days after the 3-month mark.  By then my regular dentist had retired and his replacement had a wait to get set up with the insurance company and get approval.  It's finally done.

@StLouisCruisers is your DH replacing me on the temporary crown society?

Roy

• Like 25