Princess Cancelled My Cruise Without My Knowledge

Dnoetn

I am sitting at home in Tennessee this morning stressing out.  I had a 9:00 am flight to Fort Lauderdale booked through Princess for a cruise on the Caribbean Princess 12/5/21.  When attempting to check in with American Airlines, I discovered that my flight had been cancelled.  According to the American representative it was because Princess did not submit the payment.  I had booked the flight through EZ Air.  I checked the Princess cruise personalizer and the Travel Summary and EZ Air showed the flight existed.  It was too late to contact Princess last night and too early to get through this morning.  The flight I thought existed has already flown.  Needless to say, I am upset and not a happy camper.  Has any one else ever experienced this?  I am unsure what I need to do so better get to attempting to get through to Princess.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dnoetn said:

I am sitting at home in Tennessee this morning stressing out.  I had a 9:00 am flight to Fort Lauderdale booked through Princess for a cruise on the Caribbean Princess 12/5/21.  When attempting to check in with American Airlines, I discovered that my flight had been cancelled.  According to the American representative it was because Princess did not submit the payment.  I had booked the flight through EZ Air.  I checked the Princess cruise personalizer and the Travel Summary and EZ Air showed the flight existed.  It was too late to contact Princess last night and too early to get through this morning.  The flight I thought existed has already flown.  Needless to say, I am upset and not a happy camper.  Has any one else ever experienced this?  I am unsure what I need to do so better get to attempting to get through to Princess.

Your post brings several thoughts to mind.

First, are you aware of the Princess emergency number for guests in transit to a ship?  1-800-545-0008.

Next, you won't like this, but you should have been checking your trip situation regularly for any changes or issues.  I guess you will in the future. 

Did you book directly with Princess, or with a TA?  Are you sure your final payment included paying for the EZ-Air airfare?  Did you ever check the res on AA website to see the status?  Princess typically pays and tickets flights about 45 days before sail date.  If not paid, the booking would be cancelled shortly after I would imagine.  

At this point, your best bet is the 800 number I listed above.  And I'd be finding another flight quickly, or the ship is going to sail without you tomorrow. 

ETA:  From what you posted, the thread topic is inaccurate I think??  Just your flight is cancelled?  You still have a cabin on the ship?  If you can print luggage tags, then I think you still have a paid cruise booking.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Don't they include the air fare in the booking??? I am staying several days in LA before a cruise next December. My hotel payment is already included with my booking and final payment invoice. I haven't booked flights yet too early.

Kathy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As Steelers said, I'd check and see if your cruise is till intact; if so look for a way to get to the port; they may have changed your flight to another one and you didn't notice by not checking...certain things are on the passenger to check prior to departure...

31 minutes ago, Dnoetn said:

When attempting to check in with American Airlines, I discovered that my flight had been cancelled. ... Princess did not submit the payment.

Well this is scary. I have a 12/7 flight through them. Have you been checking your flight on the airlines app and it just vanished?? Mine changed a few times but I've been watching the change 

And I respectfully disagree. It should not be on us the consumer to monitor. Pay for EZAIR  / it's in OP's personalizer / Princess dropped the ball

Please let us know you're making it to Florida 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jwattle said:

they may have changed your flight to another one and you didn't notice by not checking

To that thought, if @Dnoetn check the Travel Summary in Cruise Personalizer, it will show any existing flight reservations made using EZ-Air.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

I have Princess currently on hold and they are working on the issue.  I don't check daily on the airline flight but check Princess website quite often..  And yes,  I did misword my thread as I am so upset.  Only been to Canada once Steelers 36 and that was enough for me.  Your rude comments only strengthen my opinion.  I will follow up once Princess corrects their error.

27 minutes ago, Dnoetn said:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dnoetn said:

I have Princess currently on hold and they are working on the issue.  I don't check daily on the airline flight but check Princess website quite often..  And yes,  I did misword my thread as I am so upset.  Only been to Canada once Steelers 36 and that was enough for me.  Your rude comments only strengthen my opinion.  I will follow up once Princess corrects their error.

I thought @Steelers36 comments were being helpful, not rude, but that's just my opinion.  Sometimes we miss the proper tone of what is being written in these short posts.  I hope this all works out well for you.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

I don't think Steelers36 was being rude just trying to be helpful for you now and in the future. You can't here a persons tone of voice in a post, email or text. I constantly check any trip I am going on multiple times before I go. Not that anything ever happened just being cautious and OCD to make sure nothing fell threw the cracks.

I wish you all the best getting to my beautiful Ft. Lauderdale. Good luck we are waiting for you here.

Let us know how things worked out.

Blessings 

Kathy

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Dnoetn said:

I was trying to give you some things to check in case you were lost - some folks are in that situation at times.  I get that you are stressed out - it has to be like arriving back to the dock late at a port stop and seeing the ship sailing out of the port. 

Sorry -  a re-read indicates you saw the flight in the Travel Summary.  That would indicate something a-miss.  I would think a cancelled flight drop from the latest Summary.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Dnoetn said:

Wasn’t it @Steelers36who provided you with the emergency contact phone number?

I’d think you would be grateful for that. 

• Like 7

To OP——yes, I have heard

of this happening to others without notification. 
If it is just flight cancelled I hope you can get on another ASAP. 
I am sure there are many passengers who do not check flights, cruise bookings or re confirm hotel reservations. 
A good idea to do all even when booking with a TA 

Princess also has Supervisors M-F , customer relations and others to contact if you don’t get a resolution this weekend 

good luck

dog

in Canada

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dog said:

Princess also has Supervisors M-F , customer relations and others to contact if you don’t get a resolution this weekend 

good luck

dog

in Canada

The ship sails tomorrow morning, so waiting for Monday won't help.  If OP contacted the emergency number (which it sounds like OP did...) then that is probably why OP is currently on hold with Princess (Saturday).  I sure hope Princess gets OP to the dock in time for tomorrow's sailing.

Edited by Daniel A

38 minutes ago, Dnoetn said:

I don't check daily on the airline flight but check Princess website quite often..

You shouldn't have to!! Hope by the time you read this you are back to the airport.

I had to use the #800 Steelers36 posted twice and they helped. As did my PVP. Both times it was the airlines fault (1- forgot to schedule 1st Officers, 2- computer wouldn't recognize Boeing 737Max8 cargo bay door closed)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

The ship sails tomorrow morning, so waiting for Monday won't help.  If OP contacted the emergency number (which it sounds like OP did...) then that is probably why OP is currently on hold with Princess (Saturday).  I sure hope Princess gets OP to the dock in time for tomorrow's sailing.

That cruise is currently listed as 'not available' on the Princess site.

Issue resolved.  Currently heading to the Knoxville airport and will be arriving later tonight.  EZ Air representative stated that this had been happening to several people lately so I'm not the only one.  Princess representative, Lucinda from Conway, South Carolina handled my case and she is an asset to Princess.  Hope my cruise in February goes a lot smoother.

Dan

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Dnoetn said:

Issue resolved.  Currently heading to the Knoxville airport and will be arriving later tonight.  EZ Air representative stated that this had been happening to several people lately so I'm not the only one.  Princess representative, Lucinda from Conway, South Carolina handled my case and she is an asset to Princess.  Hope my cruise in February goes a lot smoother.

Dan

So happy for you!! Have the best time ever!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dnoetn said:

Dan

Good! Really happy to hear this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dnoetn said:

Dan

Okay, great.  I am sure your heartbeat has returned to normal by now.  Have a good cruise.  You will appreciate that sailaway drink even more now.

• Like 13

After reading this thread I checked my travel summary and see changes were made. One passenger had FCC removed from booking—- no notification. Has not been put anywhere else that we can find. Phone call soon 

Just getting more difficult, UK is re instating the pre departure arrival Covid tests

i know it can change, but am now wondering if March is too soon for Canary Island cruise, for us.