When will Silversea cancel the Muse Japan cruises???

PaulMCO

Just now, Texas Tillie said:

My friends who were scheduled to be on the Muse from mid Nov to early Jan have had it all cancelled. 

Which means that the whole Asia season is gone.  No idea where they are putting the ships.

My November Singapore - Singapore on Shadow is cancelled.  Not sure what the plan is for Shadow before the world cruise commences.  As Shadow has to be in Australia for the world cruise I had been hopeful that some amended cruises might be offered in the region, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

1 hour ago, zigtraveller said:

My November Singapore - Singapore on Shadow is cancelled.  Not sure what the plan is for Shadow before the world cruise commences.  As Shadow has to be in Australia for the world cruise I had been hopeful that some amended cruises might be offered in the region, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I am booked on Shadow November 24 27 days Singapore to Bali and haven’t gotten any update from SS - I booked directly with them no TA. How did they communicate the cancellation- just crazy my cruise is still on the SS website!

46 minutes ago, BaileyMJ said:

I am booked on Shadow November 24 27 days Singapore to Bali and haven’t gotten any update from SS - I booked directly with them no TA. How did they communicate the cancellation- just crazy my cruise is still on the SS website!

The Shadow was to do Bali -Sydney on December 21st. My guess it will either do Bali Singapore cruises or go on to Australia after your cruis and do some Australia New Zealand cruises before the world cruise.

4 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

What?  Exactly?  Ships and dates.

I was booked on the September 8, Seaward to Osaka. Received an email this morning directly from Silversea. My T/A also got the notification. From reading the post here, seems like all the Fall Asia cruises on three ships have been cancelled. 

8 hours ago, BaileyMJ said:

I received an email from Silversea advising of the cancellation.  My cruise details are still listed in MySilversea and on the SS website.

Still have not received email from SS on cancellation of my Shadow cruise Nov 24 and it’s still showing in My Silverseas but SS has removed all the Asia cruises from the website.  Now wondering how long before they let me know.

16 hours ago, drron29 said:

The Shadow was to do Bali -Sydney on December 21st. My guess it will either do Bali Singapore cruises or go on to Australia after your cruis and do some Australia New Zealand cruises before the world cruise.

I received a cancellation email for this cruise yesterday.   My TA did not have any information regarding rerouting.  

9 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Was hoping that someone could cut and paste from the official messages from SS, rather than just say "I'm cancelled".

Guess that was too much to expect.

It is a very lengthy email, that is why I didn’t include it, but her it is:

Dear Esteemed Guest,

We hope this letter finds you well. We are writing today with an important update regarding your September 8th voyage aboard Silver Muse.

It is with deep regret that we must inform you of the cancellation of your voyage. While Asia is gradually reopening to international travelers arriving from overseas, multiple countries remain closed to international cruise guests. We had remained hopeful that your voyage would depart, but, as we cannot guarantee continuity to our operations, we have no choice but to cancel.

We know this information is very disappointing – it is to us as well – and we sincerely apologize for the disruption to your travel plans, caused by the ongoing global situation. In lieu of this, we are offering the following for your consideration:

A. A saving of 15% should you choose to book a different 2022/2023/2024/2025 sailing when booking before 31 August 2022. This voyage-to-voyage (V2V) offer is combinable with any public fare. Full World Cruise and Grand Voyages excluded.

B. A Future Cruise Credit (FCC), valued at 100%* of the total booking amount paid – to be used to reserve a cruise within 24 months of the issue date, for all open sailings. Future Cruise Credits are transferable to family and friends, and can be used partially and applied to more than one new booking.

If you prefer option A, please contact your travel professional to secure this option before 31 August 2022.
If you prefer option B, you do not need to contact us as you will automatically receive your FCC for 100% of the booking value via email on September 1st, 2022.
Note: If a prior FCC was applied to this cancelled booking, it will be reinstated with previous amount and original expiration date or you can request an extension of expiration to 31 December 2022.

IMPORTANT: If you booked your Silversea Cruise as part of a package with a Tour Operator or Travel Agency, then please refer to them for the full terms and conditions of your overall package and any elements other than the cruise, as the 100% FCC may not apply.

A cash refund option is also available, please consult with your travel professional.

Again, we are deeply sorry to have had to cancel this cruise that you were surely looking forward to, and we sincerely hope to welcome you aboard another Silversea cruise of your liking.

Best personal regards,

Barbara Muckermann
Chief Commercial Officer

*Terms & Conditions Apply.

Option A. Moving a Voyage to another Voyage (V2V)
• 15% V2V only applicable to 2022/2023/2024 sailings (Excluding Summer 2024 and Winter 2024/25).
• When the extra 15% savings is offered, this will come in the booking after all other promos have been applied.
• The extra 15% savings will NOT apply in case the original booking has a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) already applied. In this case, however, clients will be able to move their FCC towards the new voyage at no penalty.
• The extra 15% saving will not apply in case the original booking has a 15% saving generated by a previous cancellation.
• Net Deals (fare code NT and NX) are not eligible for the V2V extra saving offer (15%).
• Net Deals (fare code NT and NX) will NOT automatically receive the FCC.

Promotions or concessions made available on the original booking may not be available on the new one, in case of voyage-to-voyage.
• Should the new booking be of lesser amount than the one, this exceeded amount paid can either be converted into a 100% FCC or cash refund.
• Promotions or concessions made available on the original booking may not be available on the new one, in case of voyage-to-voyage.
• Should clients contact Silversea to ask about this V2V offer after 31 August 2022, Silversea will evaluate these requests on a case-by-case basis.

Option B. Future Cruise Credit (100% FCC) 
The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is computed on the portion of the booking amount paid. Booking value means the cruise fare as well as any other 3rd party items purchased via Silversea such as air upgrades, deviations, transfers, insurance, hotel, land tours, and pre- and post- and overland tours. The FCC issued will have to be net of any penalties imposed to Silversea by these suppliers. FCC has 2-year validity from the issuing date. This FCC must be used to book a cruise within 24 months of the issue date, for all open sailings. The FCC can be applied towards land programs, hotels, air, and other non-cruise component/s of the new booking; ad hoc exceptions can be evaluated by Silversea. FCC can be moved voyage to voyage towards any other 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025  voyages. If the value of this certificate is applied to a cruise fare of less than its assigned value, a new Cruise Credit for the remainder of the certificate’s value will be issued subject to the same terms and conditions as stated herein. Once applied toward future cruise(s), the Cruise Credit will be rendered null and void. The Cruise Credit will be honoured in the name(s) of the Guest(s) included on the Cruise Credit, or as a one-time exception, the Cruise Credit can be transferred with a notarized letter from the Cruise Credit holder, naming the friend(s)/relative(s) the Credit is being transferred to. The FCC cannot be used for a past booking or a booking that has been paid in full. If guests have a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) that was applied to the cancelled booking, this FCC will be reinstated with the previous amount used with the original expiration date or extend the expiration date to 31 December 2022, whichever is further out. Once re-activated, it can be combined with the Cruise with Confidence FCC on the new booking. FCC can be combined with current promotions, meaning that FCC can be applied towards a booking with a promotional pricing. In case guests elect FCC, they have the chance to switch it into a cash refund up until 31 December 2022.

If you had a Future Cruise Credit from a prior cruise cancellation, which was applied towards these newly cancelled voyages, in that case, you (on behalf of your client) will receive a new Future Cruise Credit reinstated to the original value of that FCC. Plus a second FCC comprised of the additional monies deposited for the booking we are now cancelling.. Example: The original booking was worth $10K, of which $9K was paid with an FCC and $1K was paid with new monies. They will get the $9K FCC reinstated so that they can re-use it, plus they will get a second FCC of $1K. 

The cash refund of the booking cruise fare paid to Silversea will be credited to the original method of payment and could take up to 90 days to process, but will typically be received within 30 to 45 days of guest’s request, due to the exceptional workload Silversea is facing. The refund of 3rd party items purchased via Silversea such as air upgrades, air deviation fees, transfers, insurance, hotel, land tours, pre and post and overland tours, will be net of any penalties assessed by the suppliers. Regarding the refund of 3rd party items purchased independently such as such as air upgrades, deviations, transfers, insurance, hotel, land tours and pre and post and overland tours; please reach out to the airline carrier, tour operator, or hotel supplier/chain directly to discuss options. In the case of sailings cancelled by Silversea, the refund of cancellation costs of any independent air arrangements will be evaluated upon the presentation of the expenses to our guest relations department. Unless the refund has already been processed, clients can change their minds and ask for the FCC at any time. On all insurance items: no refunds allowed; guest should file a claim with the insurance company first, prior to any refund/FCC given.
arrangements will be evaluated upon the presentation of the expenses to our guest relations department. Unless the refund has already been processed, clients can change their minds and ask for the FCC at any time. On all insurance items: no refunds allowed; guest should file a claim with the insurance company first, prior to any refund/FCC given.

Specific about insurance in the US market:  AON & Allianz insurance policies are now fully refundable in the event that Silversea cancels the voyage, and the guest’s active booking is thus cancelled due to our cruise cancellation.  

Other restrictions may apply.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BaileyMJ said:

Thanks for the letter!  Still haven’t gotten mine - question if I am reading it correctly why would a person take option for FCC no extra value?

Because they can’t decide what they want to move to before August 30?  Does not make sense to me either.

1 hour ago, quepaquete said:

It is a very lengthy email, that is why I didn’t include it, but her it is:

Dear Esteemed Guest,

We hope this letter finds you well. We are writing today with an important update regarding your September 8th voyage aboard Silver Muse.

It is with deep regret that we must inform you of the cancellation of your voyage. While Asia is gradually reopening to international travelers arriving from overseas, multiple countries remain closed to international cruise guests. We had remained hopeful that your voyage would depart, but, as we cannot guarantee continuity to our operations, we have no choice but to cancel.

We know this information is very disappointing – it is to us as well – and we sincerely apologize for the disruption to your travel plans, caused by the ongoing global situation. In lieu of this, we are offering the following for your consideration:

A. A saving of 15% should you choose to book a different 2022/2023/2024/2025 sailing when booking before 31 August 2022. This voyage-to-voyage (V2V) offer is combinable with any public fare. Full World Cruise and Grand Voyages excluded.

B. A Future Cruise Credit (FCC), valued at 100%* of the total booking amount paid – to be used to reserve a cruise within 24 months of the issue date, for all open sailings. Future Cruise Credits are transferable to family and friends, and can be used partially and applied to more than one new booking.

If you prefer option A, please contact your travel professional to secure this option before 31 August 2022.
If you prefer option B, you do not need to contact us as you will automatically receive your FCC for 100% of the booking value via email on September 1st, 2022.
Note: If a prior FCC was applied to this cancelled booking, it will be reinstated with previous amount and original expiration date or you can request an extension of expiration to 31 December 2022.

IMPORTANT: If you booked your Silversea Cruise as part of a package with a Tour Operator or Travel Agency, then please refer to them for the full terms and conditions of your overall package and any elements other than the cruise, as the 100% FCC may not apply.

A cash refund option is also available, please consult with your travel professional.

Again, we are deeply sorry to have had to cancel this cruise that you were surely looking forward to, and we sincerely hope to welcome you aboard another Silversea cruise of your liking.

Best personal regards,

Barbara Muckermann
Chief Commercial Officer

*Terms & Conditions Apply.

Option A. Moving a Voyage to another Voyage (V2V)
• 15% V2V only applicable to 2022/2023/2024 sailings (Excluding Summer 2024 and Winter 2024/25).
• When the extra 15% savings is offered, this will come in the booking after all other promos have been applied.
• The extra 15% savings will NOT apply in case the original booking has a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) already applied. In this case, however, clients will be able to move their FCC towards the new voyage at no penalty.
• The extra 15% saving will not apply in case the original booking has a 15% saving generated by a previous cancellation.
• Net Deals (fare code NT and NX) are not eligible for the V2V extra saving offer (15%).
• Net Deals (fare code NT and NX) will NOT automatically receive the FCC.

Promotions or concessions made available on the original booking may not be available on the new one, in case of voyage-to-voyage.
• Should the new booking be of lesser amount than the one, this exceeded amount paid can either be converted into a 100% FCC or cash refund.
• Promotions or concessions made available on the original booking may not be available on the new one, in case of voyage-to-voyage.
• Should clients contact Silversea to ask about this V2V offer after 31 August 2022, Silversea will evaluate these requests on a case-by-case basis.

Option B. Future Cruise Credit (100% FCC) 
The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is computed on the portion of the booking amount paid. Booking value means the cruise fare as well as any other 3rd party items purchased via Silversea such as air upgrades, deviations, transfers, insurance, hotel, land tours, and pre- and post- and overland tours. The FCC issued will have to be net of any penalties imposed to Silversea by these suppliers. FCC has 2-year validity from the issuing date. This FCC must be used to book a cruise within 24 months of the issue date, for all open sailings. The FCC can be applied towards land programs, hotels, air, and other non-cruise component/s of the new booking; ad hoc exceptions can be evaluated by Silversea. FCC can be moved voyage to voyage towards any other 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025  voyages. If the value of this certificate is applied to a cruise fare of less than its assigned value, a new Cruise Credit for the remainder of the certificate’s value will be issued subject to the same terms and conditions as stated herein. Once applied toward future cruise(s), the Cruise Credit will be rendered null and void. The Cruise Credit will be honoured in the name(s) of the Guest(s) included on the Cruise Credit, or as a one-time exception, the Cruise Credit can be transferred with a notarized letter from the Cruise Credit holder, naming the friend(s)/relative(s) the Credit is being transferred to. The FCC cannot be used for a past booking or a booking that has been paid in full. If guests have a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) that was applied to the cancelled booking, this FCC will be reinstated with the previous amount used with the original expiration date or extend the expiration date to 31 December 2022, whichever is further out. Once re-activated, it can be combined with the Cruise with Confidence FCC on the new booking. FCC can be combined with current promotions, meaning that FCC can be applied towards a booking with a promotional pricing. In case guests elect FCC, they have the chance to switch it into a cash refund up until 31 December 2022.

If you had a Future Cruise Credit from a prior cruise cancellation, which was applied towards these newly cancelled voyages, in that case, you (on behalf of your client) will receive a new Future Cruise Credit reinstated to the original value of that FCC. Plus a second FCC comprised of the additional monies deposited for the booking we are now cancelling.. Example: The original booking was worth $10K, of which $9K was paid with an FCC and $1K was paid with new monies. They will get the $9K FCC reinstated so that they can re-use it, plus they will get a second FCC of $1K. 

The cash refund of the booking cruise fare paid to Silversea will be credited to the original method of payment and could take up to 90 days to process, but will typically be received within 30 to 45 days of guest’s request, due to the exceptional workload Silversea is facing. The refund of 3rd party items purchased via Silversea such as air upgrades, air deviation fees, transfers, insurance, hotel, land tours, pre and post and overland tours, will be net of any penalties assessed by the suppliers. Regarding the refund of 3rd party items purchased independently such as such as air upgrades, deviations, transfers, insurance, hotel, land tours and pre and post and overland tours; please reach out to the airline carrier, tour operator, or hotel supplier/chain directly to discuss options. In the case of sailings cancelled by Silversea, the refund of cancellation costs of any independent air arrangements will be evaluated upon the presentation of the expenses to our guest relations department. Unless the refund has already been processed, clients can change their minds and ask for the FCC at any time. On all insurance items: no refunds allowed; guest should file a claim with the insurance company first, prior to any refund/FCC given.
arrangements will be evaluated upon the presentation of the expenses to our guest relations department. Unless the refund has already been processed, clients can change their minds and ask for the FCC at any time. On all insurance items: no refunds allowed; guest should file a claim with the insurance company first, prior to any refund/FCC given.

Specific about insurance in the US market:  AON & Allianz insurance policies are now fully refundable in the event that Silversea cancels the voyage, and the guest’s active booking is thus cancelled due to our cruise cancellation.  

Other restrictions may apply.

That was nice of you to post this especially after the snark from poster requesting it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, silkismom said:

Now that the fall cruises have been canceled, I really hope this thread will continue for the ones next spring. We're on the Muse (will any luck) in Apr.

Agreed.

The letter posted doesn't fill me with confidence over what is on offer and my 2019 booking is cancelled for a 4th time. If they are stripping back to cash paid at the time, not cruise paid for and replacing like for like, then I suspect I'll reluctantly take the cash and leave.

I'm happy with the booking I have. When the May 2022 sailing was pulled in January, it just got put back a year by transferring to April 23. I guess it will end being thanks for your loan to us for 4 years, bye.

Fingers crossed my fears are not realised and the sailing goes ahead, though interestedly at the moment. I am trying to get them to change the impossible outward and return connection of 1 hour in Tokyo and Seattle with no success to date.

Unfortunately our cruise Hong Kong to Singapore is one of the casualties and has been cancelled. It is not SS’s fault that some countries are holding onto tough Covid restrictions. Unfortunately this is what it is. This cancellation has given us the opportunity to review all the new itineraries that have just been released and take up the 15%. 

4 hours ago, pandawil said:

Unfortunately our cruise Hong Kong to Singapore is one of the casualties and has been cancelled. It is not SS’s fault that some countries are holding onto tough Covid restrictions. Unfortunately this is what it is. This cancellation has given us the opportunity to review all the new itineraries that have just been released and take up the 15%. 

I am scrambling to find a replacement for the time period I am locked into.  The prices for the cruises next year are much more expensive then this year and the 15% is not making a difference.  I feel bad for my wonderful TA.  She has been spending a lot of time on hold and answers she receives are conflicting.  She was told now up to 60 days for refunds.

1 hour ago, cruisr said:

I am scrambling to find a replacement for the time period I am locked into.  The prices for the cruises next year are much more expensive then this year and the 15% is not making a difference.  I feel bad for my wonderful TA.  She has been spending a lot of time on hold and answers she receives are conflicting.  She was told now up to 60 days for refunds.

In the past SS has protected the TA's for these cancellations (meaning they did get their commission)

• Like 1