When will Silversea cancel the Muse Japan cruises???

PaulMCO

Having read some of the above re flights I have just checked our flights from London via Dubai on Emirates.  Although the reservations are there the booking has a note saying it has not been ticketed yet and Emirates also advise that Japan is closed to tourists.

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Perhaps BM will be sending the cancellation emails out during her trip on the Origin this week.

It will be done on Facebook I suspect. Luckily CC users will supply information far quicker than relying on official sources - even Facebook (if that's considered official these days!) As you know!!!!!! Shouldn't be too long now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FauxNom said:

I'm on the Shadow May 6 voyage. Even as we speak, my cruise consultant is trying to sell me airfare since Japan Airlines cancelled the award tickets I booked last July.

@silkismomI know what you mean - nothing like booking something years in advance to make you wonder...

We canceled the Shadow May 6 on the 18th, which I think was the last day - or almost the last. Now WS cancels, I wonder how many they got back in cancellation penalties!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, milepig said:

We canceled the Shadow May 6 on the 18th, which I think was the last day - or almost the last. Now WS cancels, I wonder how many they got back in cancellation penalties!

That was a good move! I'm now frantically looking to book a substitute trip before the promised price increase on March 1.

10 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Perhaps BM will be sending the cancellation emails out during her trip on the Origin this week.

Just because the notifications have her name, you know that she isn't personally sending out the emails, right? They do have a staff of people who do things! 

28 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Just because the notifications have her name, you know that she isn't personally sending out the emails, right? They do have a staff of people who do things! 

Really? Actually, I believe the cancellations were agreed before she left for the Origin.

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Like 1

While I have been quite certain that the Tokyo to Seward cruises would be cancelled, getting the official news from my Travel Agent today was really distressing. This is a crossing I was so excited about making. Guess I will feel miserable for a few days and then I’ll try to rebook it for  late next spring. 

Boo Covid 

• Like 1

Got my email too. On paper if I'm reading it correctly, it would seem a good offer. Problem I've got is too many cruises already booked and movement is very difficult.

I knew this was coming and had already booked a replacement for my May 5th with 14 nights in June 22. This with the month already taken clears me out of holiday for 2022.

So moving this to April 2023, I'm happy with, but my problem is already 2 weeks at the end of in March and August.

2024 has Jan 2 weeks and March 3 weeks.

All great looking at in holiday mode, but managing work is another matter.

At least it's done....  

Edited by les37b