Silver Moon 3 Jan 2022 it's finally here! Feedback.... And any Questions, fire away.

les37b

Got a bit concerned reading that our Panama transit starts at 5.30 and ends at 19.30. The cruise highlight and fast asleep and dark. So I checked with GS and concerns removed. Transit into the lock is expected to be 7.30 to 8, so light enough to video.

However, they asked me what suite I'm in and said we have some good news, they are upgrading us to deck 8 (we are on deck 5). Same cabin, just higher deck. Not really interested. I'd rather be lower down.

Apparently they have more crew coming on and want to use deck 5 AND deck 6 to quarantine. 

I've told them we don't wish to move. Apparently they want to do this when we are on a tour in Costa Rica. Lucky I had a question to ask or we might have got back and not been able to get into our room.

Not sure if we really have a choice. 

Deck 6 appears not to just be quarantine. I saw "guests" going in and out earlier when I was on walkabout.  Hopefully they are not ignoring quarantine!

13 hours ago, les37b said:

He was there again last night and taking requests. I cannot remember his name (I will look it up) but do remember is is from Argentina. The requests I gave him (Including stairway to heaven) he played very well.

Les - thank you so much for your excellent reports from the cruise - very much enjoying them.

Regarding your requests to the guitarist. I now have this picture in my head of Filipino crew members looking on in utter disbelief at guests of a certain age giving their Robert Plant impersonations 🎤 😉

Or is this the real reason for the near empty venues 🤣 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Any information on included &/or connoisseur wines & champagne would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

This was in the mycruise download section. The last one I created from photos, so a bit naf.

The Connoisseurs Wine List (1).pdf

Your Welcome Information - Silver Moon (1).pdf

Officers Bios.pdf

salt bar menu.pdf

Deck_Plans_SilverMoon.pdf

Edited by les37b
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, machotspur said:

Les - thank you so much for your excellent reports from the cruise - very much enjoying them.

Regarding your requests to the guitarist. I now have this picture in my head of Filipino crew members looking on in utter disbelief at guests of a certain age giving their Robert Plant impersonations 🎤 😉

Or is this the real reason for the near empty venues 🤣 

Haha...well yeh, that could conjure those empty venues. His name is Hernan and he's from Argentina.

Once onboard you have access to my.silversea and an area called mycruise.com This contains all the info for shore excursions, your bookings, expenses etc.

It also has Chronicles to view and download. I thought they would be there a while, but it's only showing today's and yesterday's, which I've attached....

Chronicles_8 Jan_At Sea.pdf

Chronicles_9 Jan_Puerto Limon.pdf

Destination Lecturer Dr. John Freedman.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, seaver said:

Les, Thanks for all the info! Are you changing rooms?

I asked the HD and he said they were bringing crew on in Panama as it couldn't be done in Chile. I think we are going to have to, but on my jungle tour today, we met a couple who isn't being moved and is 4 doors away.

17 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

Great pictures and commentary Les. We loved our TA on the Moon. Nice to see Andreas performing his magic in the SALT bar !  We were there every night. 

Yes he is excellent. I'm going though  the card. 🤪

• Like 1

Good Jungle trip today in Puerto Limon Costa Rica. Canal and skywalk. Wasn't teaming with wildlife, but saw enough.

Annoying after leaving the boat and getting on the bus, I realised I'd lost my keycard wallet, which had my door key and approx $150 in it. Looked everywhere but not recovered.

IMG_20220109_140013.thumb.jpg.2ed4977906ae0dc04e585a1645657178.jpg

Phone photo .. will try to sort some from my Canon to post.

IMG_20220109_111101.thumb.jpg.bccc62ee422809fef4826a1491210e0a.jpg

IMG_20220109_105806.thumb.jpg.a50bd758712e3708f50a08453b20109c.jpg

Somewhere on this boat or the shop has a lost wallet!

IMG_20220109_120915.thumb.jpg.7bc3b6c5894ab305b2a4062c7f82f187.jpg

Got back to the ship. Have been moved to 655. I'd thought deck 6 was the isolation deck!

Anyway. We now have a deluxe instead of a classic. Genuinely makes no odds to me. I was happy enough with what we had.

Just about to leave Costa Rica for Panama. The highlight of the cruise begins early. We expect to be in the locks by 7.45am.

Will be videoing the complete transit and post a timelapse of events. Cameras on bow and stern armed with 512GB each.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Losing your wallet must have been very annoying.  I think your experience still may have better than this recent trip to Costa Rica on Regent.  Is that the same boat?  SALT bar looks great.  The wifi sounds FAR superior to Regents also.

On 12/26/2021 at 6:08 PM, flossie009 said:

Eventually the inevitable happened and we grounded on a sandbank in the Tarcoles river.

First the assistant boatman took to the water in an effort to push us off the obstruction.
Then the Captain went in to first check his engines and then to wade out in search of deeper water.

06EC4BB2-7446-4E9D-813A-937F972804AE.thumb.jpeg.ddc617d235126e965fde4f397de06a5e.jpeg

8F105762-638C-4090-B631-8DB886DB87A6.thumb.jpeg.e101c56b3343f6ede8de6a4e1f5acb9a.jpeg

We would not have been overly concerned, save for the fact that we had just been watching numerous crocodiles waiting for lunch nearby  😱

A2026887-720D-4100-BEF3-A1E55E87CD80.thumb.jpeg.974dc31a9aaa0f0553638a7845a2f6d8.jpeg

BC2D573E-61D6-45D4-A139-2FB6742B54ED.thumb.jpeg.65f02aa401654e36099d90cc9d387953.jpeg

28C94FFA-C4E9-4939-B77F-C1B5FCBB14B5.jpeg.1c2fae0e759fabc53dca1d1c75e481f6.jpeg

Finally the boatmen managed to free themselves and the boat from peril and we returned to the bus for our journey back to the ship; all unscathed but more knowledgable about Costa Rica, its people, economy and flora & fauna.

The weather was a bonus. Warm & humid but not overly hot; fortunately the forecast thunderstorms did not materialise in the locations we visited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Annoying after leaving the boat and getting on the bus, I realised I'd lost my keycard wallet, which had my door key and approx $150 in it. Looked everywhere but not recovered

Sorry to hear that. Lost my keycard wallet once in Dunedin, NZ while out on our own. My driver's license was in it too (we were renting cars and DIYing it in many ports that trip).

Retraced some of our steps to no avail after dropping rental car off. Finally grabbed a taxi to the pier arriving just at sailaway time. The port guards were OK w letting Chris in but skeptical of me until they cleared me with the ship. Nerve wracking to say the least!

Turns out I'd dropped it in the parking lot of a place we'd visited early in the day. A ship's tour visited later, and someone found it and brought it back to reception for me. So a few minutes after sailaway, they called me from reception to let me know they had it for me. Crisis averted!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 4

Les, so sorry about your wallet.  And hope the move was not too frustrating.

Loving those drink photos from the Salt Bar😃.....my favorite bar for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The wallet was just the Silversea key card case with some cash. No big deal. Just annoyed with myself. I know I won't get the same luck us you JP. I can picture the two places it may have happened. It would have turned up there and then, so know it's gone. Luckily it wasn't my "wallet" wallet! That's in the safe.

I did speak as mentioned with the HD about the move and he has given us some OBD to show appreciation for cooperating which is much appreciated. I just questioned why it couldn't have done earlier and he explained and I agreed to be moved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Did you get permission to put your camera up on deck 11 at the front Les?

Deck 12 was open for all.... I think the realisation guests will be videoing and taking photos.... And this was the best location.

That said, once through, the stern provided an awesome view of the locks and Atlantic bridge.

IMG_20220110_093943.thumb.jpg.032aaa1a95c55ded5bc923f4dea67832.jpg

• Like 2