On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Well, that's kind of dumb then. We are not paying for wifi onboard to scan them either then. We use our free wifi for the last 3 days, and that's it. But I guess if it is for disembarkation, it would be within that time frame. But it will eliminate QR menus. 

You don't have to pay for wifi to use the RCI app.  If it's for debarkation, it would be part of the app just like the covid test registration was.  My point was the QR code reader doesn't work offline, but that doesn't mean you have to buy wifi onboard.

It has to be able to link to something.

Edited by BND
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So we were on early…11:30.   Put on Loft upgrade list.  Ended up not getting the upgrade as no Lofts available.  Would have cost us $700.

Suite lounge and CK were not crowded at all tonight.  I have not heard a passenger count yet.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2022 at 8:56 AM, John&LaLa said:

FYI, it appears the forward section of Deck 8 interior cabins is blocked off. Will check other floors later today

I realized last night, when I ignored the sign and popped in to use the restroom, that those were probably quarantined cabins.  There were nightstands and food containers outside the doors. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

How was the drive, nasty here in Southwest Virginia

Actually not too bad. Once we hit north Florida the rain cleared up. Our area in South Carolina had ice in the morning but by the time we got close to home, the rain dissolved it. 

m

• Like 3

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Guess he didn't want to play with us😇

We cruise to enjoy ourselves. Spent entire careers engaged with orchestrating social functions and group Huggie fests. Prefer to just enjoy each other and leave you all to each other. Sorry, but been there done that.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We cruise to enjoy ourselves. Spent entire careers engaged with orchestrating social functions and group Huggie fests. Prefer to just enjoy each other and leave you all to each other. Sorry, but been there done that.

Still curious about all the unhappy people you ran into were.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Remember the one I did for Allure 2020 TA. It lived for a month or two post cruise.

Of course, there were no other cruises going then 🙄 

My most vivid memory of that cruise was the liquor stache in you cabin.😊

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, molly361 said:

I walked off with my bags .  Cleared customs at 6:50 and was home at 7:50.  Laundry is being done as I type.  It was great seeing John and Laura again and meeting some of you that I have been chatting with for years.  It was fun

I'm still not home 😭. Our flight out of Orlando was at 2:20. Our connection out of Dallas is at 8:45. We don't land until 11.

10 minutes ago, Priszm said:

I'm still not home 😭. Our flight out of Orlando was at 2:20. Our connection out of Dallas is at 8:45. We don't land until 11.

I find it amusing that some people are home before others have even debarked from the ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Still curious about all the unhappy people you ran into were.

I’m sure you are, but I doubt you will ever recognize them even if you see them. That’s the difference between us. 

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol you have a bit of a surprise coming. I got some little square thing said to read the code to schedule debark. I was like ? So I took it to customer service who said oh let me show you, open your camera. Nope .. my camera doesnt read codes so she said ok I can assign you to 730, which the tv said was 715. They had a late flight so we lolly gagged to the pizza place. Some random crew said forward less line. Line was about 20 people and moving. We were off about as fast as we could walk. Long walk but fast.

Hahahaha. To schedule all you need is for your phone to read the code. Pre covid days of tons lining up are gone on liberty. Fore and aft walk off as fast as you can. From either end. Stay in your cabin until your time is on the tv.

I wonder how self assist will be in Galveston when ships are 100% full capacity.  Especially on Allure if she hangs around until then.  Glad it's been improved.

We don't use self assist but got stuck in back of their line.  We had the first scheduled time after self assist. 

Our last cruise on Liberty was in 2019 which is the one I referred to.

AND have a wonderful upcoming cruise.  Hope you get lots of lobster!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poocher said:

Rockin roller coaster?  Expedition Everest?  Last I checked they were coasters.  MK has 4 coasters and is getting the new Tron coaster soon.  I agree Magic Kingdom is not my favorite park, partial to Epcot and Animal Kingdom (and Star Wars in DHS has a couple of very cool rides).  But I was referring to the comments that the Florida theme parks are too expensive (not cheap!) compared to amusement parks.  I contend there is a reason for that given how much more they offer.

I don't believe I ever said they were too expensive, although someone else may have.  I'm simply satisfied with what I have in my own back yard and honestly I don't believe my 7 year old grandson would have any more fun down there than here at home - maybe when he is 12 it might be worth a trip, but I think at that point I would rather just stay with Kings Island and spend the $$$'s on a trip to Alaska with him.

I have family who are obsessed with Disney - I just don't get it, but to each his own.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, poocher said:

Rockin roller coaster?  Expedition Everest?  Last I checked they were coasters.  MK has 4 coasters and is getting the new Tron coaster soon.  I agree Magic Kingdom is not my favorite park, partial to Epcot and Animal Kingdom (and Star Wars in DHS has a couple of very cool rides).  But I was referring to the comments that the Florida theme parks are too expensive (not cheap!) compared to amusement parks.  I contend there is a reason for that given how much more they offer.

Not a roller coaster in the traditional sense

But the best ride by some distance at the Disney and Universal theme parks was Flights of Passage at Animal Kingdom

Breathtaking

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's the Villa Suite. They brought us all this and then a random room service delivery came with 6 individual cans of water from Crown & Anchor.  We had enough water to fill the hot tub with at one point 😂

We have that suite in August. 8 of us. Any other reactions/comments?

mac_tlc

14 hours ago, molly361 said:

On another note it looked like there were plenty of parking spaces, at least on the roof in the parking garage.  I know there has been some parking concerns

Totally different from our 12/5 cruise om Harmony.  On that one the garage was packed, overflow lot was packed ...to overflow...and they were also using the grass lot.  

On 1/2, I don't think the overflow lot was used at all.  We found plenty of parking in the garage, with a good spot on floor two next to the elevator which was so convenient.  🙂 

• Like 1