On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

So, can you be in the theater with a drink and no mask on? I like taking a drink in but don't want to have to keep moving a mask to take a sip.

Mask enforcement or requirements are a little lax.

As long as drinking every few minutes, keeping mask off seems acceptable. No mask wearing in DL unless physically getting food from buffet (they serve) or making your own coffee. No mask wearing in Schooner or Pub while seated. No mask wearing anywhere while eating.  Some mask wearing in card room. Most folks wearing masks while walking indoors. Central Park is outdoors, as is BW.

Doubt that much changes anytime soon.

Oh, and elevators rarely have more than 7 or 8. Supposed to be 6, but it's loosely enforced

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Now that I have finally made up my mind to go, I'm actually starting to feel excited.🙂

That level of excitement is going to ramp up the next couple of days.  Even things you didn’t like before are suddenly going to seem awesome.

We had a rough, day, drove to KC in a snowstorm (on the milder side) before 8 this morning with friend Sue and Shelby in the back of the Gladiator (figure if I crash I want to be in the vehicle with more mass) to see, Wicked at the Music Hall.  We are approaching double digits on times we have seen it.  First saw it in 2005 on Broadway, 2007 in London, 2009 in London, regional shows the last 13 years, at least 6.  I think this Galinda was the best yet.  I am such a romantic sentimentalist… (is that actually a thing, MM???) that my eyes were watering and my nose running before the opening song was over.  Elphiba (sp?) is always dynamic and she was really good, but not the best, that was way back in Broadway.  

The roads were just occasionally terrifying, so we made good time as I didn’t have to put it into 4WD…. We wanted California Kitchen Pizza, which sometime pre Covid had a spot at the Country Club Plaza, but is now gone, so we went to PF Changs, which based on the Mongolian Beef (one of my favs) and Krystal’s honey chicken, will be gone soon too.  It is sad beyond belief to see the destruction the lockdowns and all are causing to society.  First it was the real mom and pop restaurants, now the good chains, eventually it will all be McDonalds and Chik Filet.  

After early lunch we still had time (forgot to add we stopped at Trader Joe’s pre lunch), we went to the Athleta store, Sue bought a top that will be way too big on her, but she didn’t want to try it on.  then we stopped at Tommy Bahama, and I bought a quarter zip pullover with the Chiefs logo and TB (150+ with tax), the clerk asked if we were going to the game.  I said it will be 15 degrees at kickoff tomorrow, I don’t think anyone could afford to pay me to attend.  They better win or I will have wasted 150$.  🤪  Then the North Face store, and off to Wicked.  Parked in an apartment parking lot a block from the Music Hall $20.  The show was great.  We ate snacks in the car driving home.  The roads after we escaped KC were mostly clear (it had been warm in southern Missouri this week).  It snowed off and on, but we had no sketchy moments unlike the drive up.  

Had popcorn for dinner and watched the TarHeels kick GT’s bottom and now off to bed.

jc

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Aqua vault is the one I'm using. It attaches to some beach chairs.  We attached it to the umbrella.   You can lock your phone etc in it and not be to concern when you go swimming or down the slides.

image.thumb.png.3a395579e3cd1cf9f09da1ae59a0510c.png

Wow good to know. Cruising solo it would be really good to have. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

That level of excitement is going to ramp up the next couple of days.  Even things you didn’t like before are suddenly going to seem awesome.

We had a rough, day, drove to KC in a snowstorm (on the milder side) before 8 this morning with friend Sue and Shelby in the back of the Gladiator (figure if I crash I want to be in the vehicle with more mass) to see, Wicked at the Music Hall.  We are approaching double digits on times we have seen it.  First saw it in 2005 on Broadway, 2007 in London, 2009 in London, regional shows the last 13 years, at least 6.  I think this Galinda was the best yet.  I am such a romantic sentimentalist… (is that actually a thing, MM???) that my eyes were watering and my nose running before the opening song was over.  Elphiba (sp?) is always dynamic and she was really good, but not the best, that was way back in Broadway.  

The roads were just occasionally terrifying, so we made good time as I didn’t have to put it into 4WD…. We wanted California Kitchen Pizza, which sometime pre Covid had a spot at the Country Club Plaza, but is now gone, so we went to PF Changs, which based on the Mongolian Beef (one of my favs) and Krystal’s honey chicken, will be gone soon too.  It is sad beyond belief to see the destruction the lockdowns and all are causing to society.  First it was the real mom and pop restaurants, now the good chains, eventually it will all be McDonalds and Chik Filet.  

After early lunch we still had time (forgot to add we stopped at Trader Joe’s pre lunch), we went to the Athleta store, Sue bought a top that will be way too big on her, but she didn’t want to try it on.  then we stopped at Tommy Bahama, and I bought a quarter zip pullover with the Chiefs logo and TB (150+ with tax), the clerk asked if we were going to the game.  I said it will be 15 degrees at kickoff tomorrow, I don’t think anyone could afford to pay me to attend.  They better win or I will have wasted 150$.  🤪  Then the North Face store, and off to Wicked.  Parked in an apartment parking lot a block from the Music Hall $20.  The show was great.  We ate snacks in the car driving home.  The roads after we escaped KC were mostly clear (it had been warm in southern Missouri this week).  It snowed off and on, but we had no sketchy moments unlike the drive up.  

Had popcorn for dinner and watched the TarHeels kick GT’s bottom and now off to bed.

jc

I love Chick Fil A

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I love Chick Fil A

The line here is long but I stopped at one north of houston for lunch. 3 lines wrapped the bldg of cars. I drove on... dont want to spend a hour in line. Galveston has one across from the pleasure pier. $10 for their cheapest combo, no extras added. Marked up I'm sure for the expensive location but was so good at the time. Dont think texas will let them go out of business. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

There is a new one being built about a mile from my house, along with an In-N-Out Burger. 🎉

Decisions....decisions.....😂

No question.  Go for both.  Chick Fil A tried to open a restaurant here locally a few years ago but the city was so opposed to them being in that location.  They said it would cause all kinds of traffic.  But really they just didn’t agree with what the company’s philosophy so they just didn’t want them in their town.  Chick Fil A eventually opened shop the next town over and it’s no problemo there.

@Tree_skierYou should switch over to In-N-Out from your recent experience at Wendy’s.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coaster said:

Lived in Shenandoah County  VA between 2 mountain ranges. Beautiful area. Lived right off I-81. Problem was I had to commute 75 miles each way to Fairfax. Wish I was retired and did not need to commute back then. Spent many hours going to work in the snow and trying to get back home. Many nights I got a hotel as going back to home was not possible.

Before retiring I lived in Culpper and commuted to Rockville, Md, for 7 years, wore out of few cars and myself, kept camping equipment in the trunk of my car and wound up several night sleeping in my office. 

53 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

No question.  Go for both.  Chick Fil A tried to open a restaurant here locally a few years ago but the city was so opposed to them being in that location.  They said it would cause all kinds of traffic.  But really they just didn’t agree with what the company’s philosophy so they just didn’t want them in their town.  Chick Fil A eventually opened shop the next town over and it’s no problemo there.

@Tree_skierYou should switch over to In-N-Out from your recent experience at Wendy’s.

I love in-n-out and would always make it my first choice but there isn’t one in my stupid town. Closest one is 35 minutes drive into Fresno. If I’m just running out to grab some fast food and bring it back Wendy’s is the best option. That or McDonald’s…. We’ve got a Chipotle now that I’m gravitating to. No drive thru but if you hit the right time you are thru the line fast. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Since we are talking about Amusement Rides

Anybody been to this Zipline in Vegas, Looks like a lot of fun. Found out about last night on Undercover Boss. Does Royal let you go down the ziplines like this on your stomach.

They could do this through the Promenade's 🙂

https://vegasexperience.com/fremont-zipline-slotzilla/?gclid=CjwKCAiA_omPBhBBEiwAcg7smdCa8tjeKNPGLTZV5j3U1VBwe4_0_WH0ZIez3sXF8PAS-lkPGjr-kxoCgIcQAvD_BwE

Yep, been there, done that! Fun, but not the best ziplines we’ve ever done. The experience of zipping through Fremont St with all the people right under us, and under all the lights at made it worth doing for us. 

I’ve enjoyed all the discussion about coasters, amusement parks, and theme parks that seem to have snuck into this cruise thread, too. DH and I are both coaster fanatics. While we still lived in CT, we used to travel around the country and visit as many amusement parks as we could. Since we moved down here to FL 18 years ago, we haven’t done quite as many coaster trips as we used to. We are a lot older 😱 now, and, as others have said, we can’t do as many rides per day as we used to. In fact, we’re planning a Busch Gardens trip later this week to ride Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt. Probably a few others as well.

Now, back to cruising! Thank you to all of you who have been onboard and contributing to this thread. It has been a really fun read. Even though I’ve not been able to keep up with the speed that this thread has been moving along at, I have been ending my days lately by coming here to catch up, and always leave with a smile. Wish we were onboard with all of you! 

Hope everyone has a safe trip home, and no weather delays for those of you who are flying. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Uh oh.

20220115_204446.thumb.jpg.6fb71d7b343655b4116f36bc544ab569.jpg

Still have 3 drink vouchers, and a reservation for comics in Royal Theater

It ain't over, till it's over

LOL...I always get that feeling when the disembarkation tags arrive on the bed.  😮 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Uh oh.

20220115_204446.thumb.jpg.6fb71d7b343655b4116f36bc544ab569.jpg

Still have 3 drink vouchers, and a reservation for comics in Royal Theater

It ain't over, till it's over

As the old Maxwel House coffee jingle went "Good to the last drop."🤪

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The line here is long but I stopped at one north of houston for lunch. 3 lines wrapped the bldg of cars. I drove on... dont want to spend a hour in line. Galveston has one across from the pleasure pier. $10 for their cheapest combo, no extras added. Marked up I'm sure for the expensive location but was so good at the time. Dont think texas will let them go out of business. 

3 lines wrapped around building takes 15 minutes tops😉

Most efficient operation anywhere

• Like 6

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Whatever their philosophy is, they understand process.  Chick Fil A will have 4 or more car lines, and Wendy’s a mile away, both redesigned their operations and the physical nature of their lot and building during the pandemic.  Wendy’s didn’t even do the McDonalds 2 lanes thing, they just kept one line, didn’t figure out any way to get more cars in the line, and as a result when I stop at either for lunch it takes about 15 minutes from line to driving away at Wendy’s definitely less at Chick, and Chick probably serves 5 to 10 times more people in the same time frame.  They are amazing.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

Happy trails to my cruise mates that are departing today.  And happy cruise again to the B2Bs!

Heading up to breakfast.  Should be able to depart at 7:30 if all goes well.  

Chops is empty. 3 tables. Laura said everyone was in walk off line on 5 at 6am

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Whatever their philosophy is, they understand process.  Chick Fil A will have 4 or more car lines, and Wendy’s a mile away, both redesigned their operations and the physical nature of their lot and building during the pandemic.  Wendy’s didn’t even do the McDonalds 2 lanes thing, they just kept one line, didn’t figure out any way to get more cars in the line, and as a result when I stop at either for lunch it takes about 15 minutes from line to driving away at Wendy’s definitely less at Chick, and Chick probably serves 5 to 10 times more people in the same time frame.  They are amazing.

Chick Fil A could have crushed Covid Testing and vaccine shots😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Chops is empty. 3 tables. Laura said everyone was in walk off line on 5 at 6am

We comment at the beginning of the cruise, asking 'How can everyone be so excited to board early, and then fight to be the first in line to get off the ship when it's over'....and then we find ourselves on day 7 doing the same.  😅 

• Haha 3