Lack of shorter cruises from port of Miami

Slythsalazar

1 hour ago, Slythsalazar said:

Is it just me or is royal and carnival the only ones doing shorter length cruises from Miami and ft. Lauderdale. I’ve checked on virgin, NCL, and MSC and they all have only longer trips. 

8 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Traditionally, Royal and Carnival are the only ones that do short cruises < 5 days. 

There are three and four day cruises from Miami on Norwegian Sky. They ran year round in the past but are just now restarting after the pandemic shutdown.

Is it just me or is royal and carnival the only ones doing shorter length cruises from Miami and ft. Lauderdale. I’ve checked on virgin, NCL, and MSC and they all have only longer trips. 

It seems to be just you: Celebrity, Disney, NCL and MSC — in addition to Royal Caribbean and Carnival - all have three or four day sailings from Miami just between now and the end of April.

Keep looking.

Edited by navybankerteacher

55 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

It seems to be just you: Celebrity, Disney, NCL and MSC — in addition to Royal Caribbean and Carnival - all have three or four day sailings from Miami just between now and the end of April.

Keep looking.

Yes - look under “boat rides.”😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Keep looking.

Yeah the dates I was looking for was between July and October but not a lot of date options. 

Yeah the dates I was looking for was between July and October but not a lot of date options. 

You must be kidding - between NCL, Disney, Carnival and Royal Caribbean there are about 100 3 or 4 day cruises out of Miami between July and October - with one almost every week- and at least a dozen or so 5 day cruises.

2 hours ago, Slythsalazar said:

What year are you looking at? As others have indicated they are most definitely out there.

Edited by sparks1093

I found a site that had 141 cruises of 3 to 6 days for the months of May - July.  I can't tell you what it was however because of CC rules.  You need to use the internet.

Note to moderator - if this post is a violation of CC rules, please remove it.  I was not sure.

DON

13 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I suspect that perhaps OP's definition of a "short cruise" must mean no more than one or two nights on board.

That could also be it. There used to be cruises to nowhere of that length but they are no longer offered in the US. (Of course that's even less of a "cruise" than 3 or 4 days, but people did take them.)

We have a different issue - seems there aren't a lot of 2 week cruises from Miami or Ft Lauderdale. We've booked an 11 day sailing the end of this month on Celebrity.  Just wish there were more numerous 10 to 17 or 21 day cruises for us retirees living near a Floridian cruiseport.

We've done our share of 1 week cruises, (maybe 50?), and can now relax for longer periods of time.

26 minutes ago, evandbob said:

We have a different issue - seems there aren't a lot of 2 week cruises from Miami or Ft Lauderdale. We've booked an 11 day sailing the end of this month on Celebrity.  Just wish there were more numerous 10 to 17 or 21 day cruises for us retirees living near a Floridian cruiseport.

We've done our share of 1 week cruises, (maybe 50?), and can now relax for longer periods of time.

Good morning, you could always do a b2b or even a b2b2b😀

43 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Full Panama cruise & back that would be longer 😉

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

True - but you may just have two identical itineraries - and at the very least will have to kill time on turn-around days.

No reason to do the same itinerary.  Most cruise lines have intentionally developed itineraries that favor back to backs.  For example, many ships will alternate 7 day itineraries between Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises.  Another option is to change ships (we did this one time).  You can take a 7 day cruise and then move to a different vessel (or even cruise line) for another 7 day cruise.  Plenty of options for those who want to vary their itineraries.  In fact we are doing a back to back on MSC (later this year) which does two different itineraries except for their private island (a place that we really enjoy).

Hank

7 hours ago, Hlitner said:

No reason to do the same itinerary.  Most cruise lines have intentionally developed itineraries that favor back to backs.  For example, many ships will alternate 7 day itineraries between Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises.  Another option is to change ships (we did this one time).  You can take a 7 day cruise and then move to a different vessel (or even cruise line) for another 7 day cruise.  Plenty of options for those who want to vary their itineraries.  In fact we are doing a back to back on MSC (later this year) which does two different itineraries except for their private island (a place that we really enjoy).

Hank

Very true. We are researching our cruise for 2024 and the week we can sail has, say, a western Caribbean itinerary and the preceding and following week is doing an eastern itinerary. I've also talked to many folks who were on a sailing who were embarking on a different ship once we disembarked. Given the choices out there I would think the possibilities are almost endless, limited only by one's budget.

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Very true. We are researching our cruise for 2024 and the week we can sail has, say, a western Caribbean itinerary and the preceding and following week is doing an eastern itinerary. I've also talked to many folks who were on a sailing who were embarking on a different ship once we disembarked. Given the choices out there I would think the possibilities are almost endless, limited only by one's budget.

When we did change ships (between cruises) it was a real hassle getting from one pier to another within Port Everglades.  It is less of a problem at the Port of Miami since most of the piers are in a line and not too far if you are lucky.   One time we did a cruise from Port Everglades followed by one from Miami which was actually pretty easy since we had no problem getting an Uber to do the transfer.

Hank

• Like 1