vegetarian toddlers

silkyterrier

There are always veggie options in the main menu

You don't have to just order from a kiddie one

Parents are probably vegetarians so feeding kiddos the same but don't need to dumb it down to only"kiddie" food

We're 

Not Veggies but my son ate salad from an early age and there's always salad and veggie sides you can order on the main menu

• Like 1

Do the kiddies like hummus?  Ask for a veggie plate with hummus and some cheese (whichever your children like) and crackers or dinner rolls or even bagels.  Our kids loved vegetable soup or tomato soup.  I’m sure that would be no problem.  I would just make a list of the foods that you have in mind and give it to your waitstaff.  They will take very good care of you and your children.

Also - if you have something in mind that your child would like to eat - I would work with the head waiter. They seem to go above and beyond for children. Many things can be arranged for the next day.

• Like 3

Peanut butter is probably left off the menu due to people having politically correct fits over the roughly 1% of the population that has peanut allergies. The ship doesn't offer peanut butter cookies because someone with a peanut allergy might grab a peanut cookie (despite a sign identifying it as such) and eat it.  

You can sometimes get a peanut butter cookie on request, and I expect that you can get a peanut butter sandwich as well.  Ask, and I hope you shall receive.  (As I sit at my keyboard snacking on Goober PB & J for my mid-afternoon snack!)

The crew is very good at making sure that everyone has food they enjoy.  Especially the little ones.

• Like 1

Small size fettucine Alfredo is readily available.  Any "regular" entree can be provided meat-free.  We have found waitstaff to be very accomodating.  A polite request with the Maitre'D does the trick.

msk

They do list a PBJ on the room service menu so I don't see why you couldn't get one in the dining room. In the past we've seen waiters bending over backward to take care of kids. Many of them miss their own children and go out of their way to do special things for kids.

Note: Not vegetables but the Volcano may go down well with your child.

• Like 3

You may want to list that you child is vegetarian on the MedallionClass application. When you arrive at the main dining room let them know and they will have someone talk to you every night so you can place an order for the next nights meal.  They always take excellent care of me in the MDR.  

They should be able to get grilled cheese, pasta with marinara or cheese, pbjs, veggie sandwiches, veggie burgers, mashed potatoes, rice, vegetables, etc...and depending how adventurous of an eater they are they may like something some items from adult menu such as minestrone, vegetarian lasagna, a tofu app or gnocchi.  You used to be able to ask for Indian vegetarian entrees off menu but I don't know if that is still the case.