Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

9 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

A few extra pounds on your stomach at the end of the cruise, enjoy them you are on vacation.

Wait -- I thought all deserts served on cruise ships were fat, calorie, and gluten free?  

• Haha 13

Just now, gerelmx said:

A few extra pounds on your stomach at the end of the cruise, enjoy them you are on vacation.

I try to avoid that as it is much harder to take off than put on.   My walking helps and last cruise I actually dropped a couple pounds.   

I have a feeling that I'm going to pack on a couple n this cruise

• Like 3

Hi Jim - just spent some time catching up on all 19 pages!  I love following along on your travels, figuring out which destinations i need to book next. I have picked up such great info from all of the CC contributors.
We’re doing a short cruise to Bermuda in July so I’m anxious to know what you’ll be doing. We’ve been quite a few times but you always seem to find something wonderful to do. 
safe travels!

Carole

Tonight is the first Chic night and also the first night to turn the clocks forward one hour to get us on Bermuda time.    

Usually the ships schedule shows both the Chic nights (in Bold) and time zone change with a >    But this time they forgot to do the days we change clocks.   I'll have to see if I can get a schedule.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Some of the desert photos I'm using to remind me as I can never figure out what to expect with many of the deserts. 

We do a lot of mixing and matching of selections from the MDR, Luminae, Everyday Items and the Kids Menu    

Jim  --  Thank you for the suggestion on the "Kids" Filet Mignon... 
It was the perfect size for me on the Connie a couple of weeks ago 🙂 

• Like 1

Just now, CruiseNYC said:

Hi Jim - just spent some time catching up on all 19 pages!  I love following along on your travels, figuring out which destinations i need to book next. I have picked up such great info from all of the CC contributors.
We’re doing a short cruise to Bermuda in July so I’m anxious to know what you’ll be doing. We’ve been quite a few times but you always seem to find something wonderful to do. 
safe travels!

Carole

We may be very boring and do nothing.    Iain said since we already paid $40 for the privileged we might as well go ashore.  Between Hamilton and St George I really prefer St George and the ferry ride is very scenic.    Iain's in need of a new Phone Belt Holder so may go hunt one down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Many had asked on our Roll Call about the weather on an Mid-Atlantic East Bound TA.  Thought I might pass on as we travel east.

There was a cool front moving into Southern Florida just as we left so was very mild.

First Day at Sea -

Temperatures -   65 - 72

Winds -   Westerly 25-30 MPH

Swells -   10-12 Ft

Clouds -  Scattered

from one of my favorite apps. Windy

Swells

EE3056A2-5108-469D-9C6E-EA9D102CC78F.thumb.png.694875cf97579b46b454e6c84d1695f2.png

Winds

9D31D2C8-D988-420A-8847-A98A43092114.thumb.png.4e9edaaca88757dd715bd53624d45216.png

This app needs a "Wow" Button

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We may be very boring and do nothing.    Iain said since we already paid $40 for the privileged we might as well go ashore.  Between Hamilton and St George I really prefer St George and the ferry ride is very scenic.    Iain's in need of a new Phone Belt Holder so may go hunt one down.

I agree that if we have to pay $40 to enter the sacrosanct waters of Bermuda we may as well go ashore.  I'm still trying to track down this year's ferry schedule as I'd like to take the ferry to St. George's.  Only one up is last year's and it makes no mention of the Orange Line which is the one that goes to St. George's Monday-Friday.  So it will be interesting to see what you find out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Many had asked on our Roll Call about the weather on an Mid-Atlantic East Bound TA.  Thought I might pass on as we travel east.

There was a cool front moving into Southern Florida just as we left so was very mild.

First Day at Sea -

Temperatures -   65 - 72

Winds -   Westerly 25-30 MPH

Swells -   10-12 Ft

Clouds -  Scattered

from one of my favorite apps. Windy

Swells

EE3056A2-5108-469D-9C6E-EA9D102CC78F.thumb.png.694875cf97579b46b454e6c84d1695f2.png

Winds

9D31D2C8-D988-420A-8847-A98A43092114.thumb.png.4e9edaaca88757dd715bd53624d45216.png

Which app is this?

3 hours ago, gordylad said:

smashing room, Ayrshire boy is looking mighty happy at the lunch table.......looking good.

Agree. Tell Iain we're looking forward to seeing more of that cruisy 😃 

• Like 1

Love all the foodie pics and flowers are gorgeous. Was hoping the crew would had seen your previous sailing posts and wheeled in the piano for lain to enjoy on the way to Europe.  Cheers   Look forward to your chic posts 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 5:49 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Yikes..    I  have 115 audio books loaded -

The Top of the list I'm currently listening to are -   I have a tenancy to switch between authors.  

Karen Slaughter  - Grant County  Series  - I just started #1 Blindsighted

Chris Carter  - Robert Hunter Series  -  #2 The Executioner

Jefferson Bass -  Body Farm Series  - #5 The Bone Thief

Joe R Lansdale -  Hap & Leonard  Series - #2 Mucho Mojo

John Sandford  -  Prey Series - #13 Mortal Prey

Josh Lanyon - Secrets of Scrabble Series - #2 Secrets of Skull House

Patricia Cornwell - Kay Scarpetta Series -  just downloaded Autopsy and Livid (newest)

- Andy Brazil Series - 3 Isle of Dogs

- Win Garano  - #1 At Risk

Sara Paretsky -  V.I. Warskawski Series - #2 Deadlock

Stephen Cannell - Shane Scully Series - #2 The Viking Funeral

I’m just getting caught up and you are on your way! Looks like we have the same taste in books. I just finished the Karen Slaughter series and now have ideas for a few more. Life is so much nicer with ebooks for travel. I used to leave so many paperbacks behind in the library on board 😊

Hope you have an amazing trip and looking for ward to following along!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had lots of fun with Daniel and Violetta last night.    Violetta was giving him a hard time when we were talking about dinner time.   She said -  you Brits eat so so early.  

I finally figured out my confusion about the lawns by the Sunset Bar.   They took the lawns out on both Port and Starboard sides.    Nicely done.   On the crossing the Starboard side has nice shade most of the day. 

In my experience on cruises it is Americans that dine early. We have also spent many holidays in America and found that restaurants close much earlier than in the U.K.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had lots of fun with Daniel and Violetta last night.    Violetta was giving him a hard time when we were talking about dinner time.   She said -  you Brits eat so so early.  

We use to always have late fixed dinning, but in Europe that's usually 8.30pm. Find as we get older we prefer earlier mealtimes around 7pm so have started doing Select dinning 

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

What is now where the lawns once were?

DaKahuna posted some picture of the Sunset Bar area in another live review that should answer your question.  The lawn area in the center of the ship is largely the same however the lawn areas at the rear have been replaced by an extended Sunset Bar area.  They made this change on the Silhouette but not the Equinox during the Revolution.  I think it's a great improvement.

On 4/1/2022 at 2:15 PM, DaKahuna said:

A couple of mentions in other post about the Sunset Bar on Deck 15.  I stopped by this morning after lunch in the OVC and snapped a couple of pictures.   There is plenty of shade both at the bar but not so much on the port and starboard side except where covered from the sun by the canopy.  Gone are the chairs and tables along side the ship's structure where you use to be able to get some relief from the sun's rays. 1116977664_IMG_6314photo.thumb.JPG.936c5aaeb3078dd33085b680018c18a7.JPG1116977664_IMG_6314photo.thumb.JPG.936c5aaeb3078dd33085b680018c18a7.JPG

1277991385_IMG_6313photo.thumb.JPG.1021446641ff59b5fe2dfa415156952a.JPG

IMG_6315~photo.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3