I think I need to take the plunge and "jump ship". Sad but . . .

cruiseagona

Norwegian removed a Cruise Next certificate from my account for no reason. We love NCL, love everything about it but in good consciousness can not keep cruising with them when they will not own up to what they did. Nothing is working. Not the fact that we have been on many cruises with them, not the fact that we are Platinum members, nothing. They don't answer their phone lines, transfer us to someone else who never answers, etc. My travel agent can't reach them either. All she can do is submit a form. In the grand scheme of things, I could suck it up and say "it's only one cruise next certificate" that they lost, but I just can't do it. How can I keep giving a company thousands of dollars a year when they won't help us at all. So sad. The only good thing is that switching to Royal Caribbean lets me have Coke instead of Pepsi 🙂

Getting Coke instead of Pepsi is a very good reason, to us, to switch!

😁

On a more serious note, there are quite a few cruise lines, so give your business to one that best serves your needs and desires.  That includes customer service (although that seems to be deteriorating everywhere, alas.)

And just double checking... that FCC hadn't expired or something like that?

(And in terms of service, it seems strange that your TA simply can't reach them...)

GC

I'm trying to be patient but they lie. They say they are transferring me to the Cruise Next department, they do and then no one answers. A message comes on saying "we are open from 9-5" yet no one answers. One person says one thing and another person says the opposite. I sent in a lost/found request for the certificate (sounds funny but it's another way to reach them). Also sent this same message to the Customer Relations dept. I'll send it by snail mail to the corporate offices too. (They don't have email.) Don't know what else to do. And yes, we have already picked out our next cruise on Royal Caribbean.

I booked a cruise this week for next March and had 2 cruise next certs left to use.  The agent said that I had none left.  I gave him the numbers but he still said I had none left.  I was looking at my account page at this time.  As we were talking I went and tried to them to pay down another cruise that I had booked for December.  It worked and I applied the 2 of them to the December cruise.  Here is the best part, I had already paid my deposit for the December cruise with 2 other cruise next deposits(only 2 are allowed).  So I would say that the computer systems are not cooperating currently.  

It worked out for me I just payed $250 on a CC for my March cruise and used 4 cruisenext certs for my December, same amount out of pocket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseagona said:

I'm trying to be patient but they lie. They say they are transferring me to the Cruise Next department, they do and then no one answers. A message comes on saying "we are open from 9-5" yet no one answers. One person says one thing and another person says the opposite. I sent in a lost/found request for the certificate (sounds funny but it's another way to reach them). Also sent this same message to the Customer Relations dept. I'll send it by snail mail to the corporate offices too. (They don't have email.) Don't know what else to do. And yes, we have already picked out our next cruise on Royal Caribbean.

So in the cruise next for sale group I am in it has been said for 6 months now that they have no one on the phones and you can send an email and after a week or two they normally get things taken care of.  I am sorry this is your reason for leaving.  Is this the straw that broke the camels back?  If not, it does seem odd that $125 certificate when you spend thousands a year is the hill you choose to die on.  Again, just wondering what else has upset you, because I feel like this should not be enough to make a person switch...

Every cruise line has hiccups, hopefully the email team at cruise next (again, no one is on phones right now) get's back to you and can fix the issue for you.

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

I love NCL but they have become a ridiculously overpriced trainwreck since Covid. 

As I have said before I agree with you about the pricing. My cruise the fall of 2023 on the Prima is now 75% higher if I booked now. Just makes me aware not to just look at pricing from one company. I really like NCL but I booked two Alaskan cruises on  a different line for late summer and pricing on them is about 50% lower. Never hurts to pay attention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseagona said:

Even my PCC can't call the CN department - he has to send an email and wait, on average, about a week to get anything done.

@cruiseagona when did you buy the CND's?  Do you have record of this purchase?  They are typically only valid for 4 years from the date of purchase, but they extended some (I don't recall the date range but some I bought in Nov. 2019 were extended), were yours subject to that?

54 minutes ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

As I have said before I agree with you about the pricing. My cruise the fall of 2023 on the Prima is now 75% higher if I booked now. Just makes me aware not to just look at pricing from one company. I really like NCL but I booked two Alaskan cruises on  a different line for late summer and pricing on them is about 50% lower. Never hurts to pay attention.

I booked an 8 day Alaskan on Carnival for 4 in an extended balcony for August at $2400. A comparable cruise on ncl is about $6000. If you're booking ncl right now without shopping around  you're going to get taken. 

• Like 2

So I’ll offer a slightly different perspective. My DW and I are coming back to NCL after spending time with MSC and Celebrity. I’ll share with you that MSC is a nightmare. I’ve lost many hundreds of dollars and hours of my time with them.  The cruises I took with them in the YC were a disappointment in October and December, our 4th and 5th with them. Celebrity was a much better experience however had issues with them pre cruise as well, but nothing like MSC. I liken the amazing crews of NCL with that of Celebrity. MSC has a very dark vibe among their crew, mainly because of the corporate culture there that trickles down to the crew.

NCL lost a 10% off FCC coupon of mine that never got located. Despite my several attempts to get it back nobody could ever tell me what happened to it. I believe someone used it somehow in error and used the wrong coupon code. They did on another occasion restore for me a Haven 500$ CNC that got gobbled up due to a loophole in policy I missed. Through the great TA reps they have I got it restored, and was very thankful. 

We are looking forward to sailing again on NCL. I’m cringing at the upsell costs again even with sailing again in Haven, but the product is something that I stand by, and will always be my first recommendation as a TA. 

Like Pepsi and Coke, we all have our preferences. Just be aware that the grass sometimes will be burned out worse on the other side of the fence after being there a little while. 

• Like 4

We switched to Royal and prefer it.  After years of not sailing them, we went back in 2022 and are happy.
I have two cruises booked with NCL still and I just checked tonight the prices and wow, they are crazy.
I might still consider sailing on the cruises I have booked but I have canceled all the others.

We prefer Celebrity to all the lines, in the retreat.  And sail in Suites on Royal.   We sail in Haven on NCL but our last experience on the Getaway in February made us realize how different NCL is now and that it's just not for us anymore.
We prefer the Retreat.  Much better personal service. 
Although I must say, I never liked the Getaway and disliked it even more from NY.  We do love the Bliss, Encore and even the Joy.  We will see how the Prima is. 

I agree with the OP. NCL customer service is not very responsive or customer oriented. I am so tired of trying to get a response from NCL, that I am fast approaching the point of letting them keep my CN certificate of $125, just to not waste any more time! I have now waited 3 weeks after sending email to NCL with a promise of an answer in 48 hours, it will be 2 weeks since I sent snail mail to corporate customer relations and still no response. The most disagreeable customer service program I have dealt with over the last 3 years!

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 6:31 PM, tallnthensome said:

I booked an 8 day Alaskan on Carnival for 4 in an extended balcony for August at $2400. A comparable cruise on ncl is about $6000. If you're booking ncl right now without shopping around  you're going to get taken. 

Can you point me to that cruise? Found this without a drink package? $100-200 per day for drinks.

Cruise Summary

Itinerary:8 Days Alaska from Seattle, WA
Wed Aug 10, 2022 - Thu Aug 18, 2022
8 Days Alaska from Seattle, WA from Wednesday August 10, 2022 to Thursday August 18, 2022
Ship:carnival spirit
1 Room 4 Guests
Room 1: Balcony (Obstructed View)
$50.00 Credit to spend onboard
Included
Guest 1:
$1,429.00
Guest 2:
$1,429.00
Guest 3:
$239.00
Guest 4:
$239.00
Taxes, fees & port expenses:
$1,227.44
Room 1 Total:$4,563.44
Total :$4,563.44

unf this

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 2:59 PM, cruiseagona said:

In case you need more help assistance advice guidance etc.

LINK:

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) - Elliott Advocacy

We had this happen a few years before Covid. We insisted we had one and they insisted we didn't. We ended up just "sucking it up". Fast forward a year and we find out we have a mystery certificate on our account. It just showed up. For us it seems to be an issue because we're from Canada - sometimes they sell us certificates in $US and sometimes in $CDN and we have two lattitudes accounts based on this (which makes no sense to me). You may want to see if you have a second lattitude account that hasn't been checked.

You won't believe this but I now have a certificate in my account. I got a phone call about an hour ago from a NCL agent. She asked how she could help me with my reservation. Told her I didn't have a reservation. Then told her my story. She looked and said there was a certificate in my account. I see it. It's there. I have a screen shot of it. All I can think of is that earlier today, I sent a final last-ditch effort email before to: Katty Byrd, Vice President, Guest Services, 7665 Corporate Center Dr., Miami, FL 33126    kbyrd@ncl.com . Maybe she saw my email quickly and put one back in my account. I have no idea but it is there!

• Like 1

That's great news @cruiseagona - sorry to hear you had to go through this, happy you had a positive outcome...

We have started taking screenshots of our Cruise Next Certificates in our Accounts.

They include a time & date stamp and show the Cruise Next Certificate #'s & expiration dates.
NCL may still lose them...
However, we will have proof they did exist 🙂

We cruised with Princess in January 2022 due to price.  Great trip but the food was not great.  However, all inclusive price was actually all inclusive.  Ended up owing 40.00in gift shop charges.  Booked a last minute NCL to Bermuda in May 2022 and am already regretting.  Hate the nickel and dimeing.  Log into web site and everything is an upcharge.  They say we have cruise next certificates but no one can apply them.   We are Platinum status. 

Multiple emails out to get this fixed but not feeling optimistic.  One thing I can guarantee is that I will not be buying any cruise next certificates in May.