Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

1 hour ago, jetblue said:

I really just wanted one more whiff of my CO Bigelow bath amenities before switching to Celebrity basic stuff. 😂

Sounds like it was something to pack and take with you... LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alright, we're about to sail away from the Azores, really looks like a gorgeous day out! Anyone see @Jim_Iain on the helipad? 

PXL_20220416_194527136.MP.jpg

LOL.   We didn’t make it.  We’re going to the Retreat Sail Away.   I decided on a nap and do our departure from the Royal Suite instead.  

The Helipad was for Concierge today 

• Like 2

Hi All

Myself and DW are both in Isolation onboard the Silouette, since yesterday, and located on deck 3 and all as described by JetBlue. We tested positive yesterday and as of this afternoon just over 1% of positive cases onboard, announced by the Captain. We are now on our way to Lisbon and at present only feeling a heavy cold and coughing. Our meals are all delivered in cardboard boxes and everything from the room has to be put into pink hazardous waste bags for collection and disposing of.

Unlike JetBlue we were only in Aqua room on deck 11 with all that affords but all the same now in ocean view with basic amenities feels a miserable.

I hope you get out of Isolation soon JetBlue, we won’t until we reach home in Southampton, but at least we will be home. Whilst on this cruise they just cancelled our booking for Japan cruise in October, but might be a blessing in disguise as may have cancelled. 

Just to finish, hardly any masks are being worn around the ship, other than crew, as they are not mandatory, but would have felt that they would have reapplied the rule as it is likely that figures will rise fairly rapidly, if they are not careful. They do not seem to have introduced any enhanced protocols to try to get on top of it.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Thameside said:

They do not seem to have introduced any enhanced protocols to try to get on top of it.

Perhaps it is something they feel they can't get on top of in the time they have left? And they probably can't to be fair.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Brought you back some sunshine.  We were waving when we returned. 

89F770ED-DDEB-4CFF-AD29-5FB777EF8387.thumb.jpeg.3064571a748cfc8fdedf2c392e3f28a9.jpeg

D8ABABFA-9B8B-4C6C-8666-78EC9907B18C.thumb.jpeg.4e29dbe42076f4723b297356f7e99229.jpeg

780CCAB5-B2CD-4CF6-AD75-9D1400547C21.thumb.jpeg.b9c1d4617922ef4692c5f2e6b4af5fdd.jpeg

1568415F-9468-42A9-94AD-7FD2AF5DED16.thumb.jpeg.d19f840ba2abcc31aca094a129235e03.jpeg

These were of Sailaway. 

9A4491FF-5451-4DFA-B97A-C879513D77C6.thumb.jpeg.5a75d9a04737925a1a97ade68d879d86.jpeg

6802095A-3AFC-4989-8487-6E05D3B5AE2F.thumb.jpeg.8fc917587cd9dc8d95f33c79b13b5475.jpeg

Love it, looks like such a fun day and perfect weather too! Here are my sail away pictures, not quite as amazing haha.

PXL_20220416_201125950.MP.jpg

PXL_20220416_201222873.MP.jpg

PXL_20220416_204221455.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Thameside said:

Hi All

Myself and DW are both in Isolation onboard the Silouette, since yesterday, and located on deck 3 and all as described by JetBlue. We tested positive yesterday and as of this afternoon just over 1% of positive cases onboard, announced by the Captain. We are now on our way to Lisbon and at present only feeling a heavy cold and coughing. Our meals are all delivered in cardboard boxes and everything from the room has to be put into pink hazardous waste bags for collection and disposing of.

Unlike JetBlue we were only in Aqua room on deck 11 with all that affords but all the same now in ocean view with basic amenities feels a miserable.

I hope you get out of Isolation soon JetBlue, we won’t until we reach home in Southampton, but at least we will be home. Whilst on this cruise they just cancelled our booking for Japan cruise in October, but might be a blessing in disguise as may have cancelled. 

Just to finish, hardly any masks are being worn around the ship, other than crew, as they are not mandatory, but would have felt that they would have reapplied the rule as it is likely that figures will rise fairly rapidly, if they are not careful. They do not seem to have introduced any enhanced protocols to try to get on top of it.

So sorry you're down here in the dungeon with me. I just heard from someone "upstairs" who's not sick that the amount of coughing/sneezing has increased greatly the last few days. Kind of scary, they really should go back to the mask rules if it is this bad.

Hope you both get better soon neighbor!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tigrou said:

After shore excursions today I wouldn’t be surprised if the cases rise. Despite one of the ‘welcome aboard’ letters dated 8th April stating, “Buses will be at reduced capacity”, on my excursion this morning the 60+ seater coach was packed. I think the only empty seat was next to me as I’m travelling solo. Certainly no seats marked as to be kept free for social distancing as I was expecting.

I wonder if 1 of the 60 people on that coach tests positive do they contact trace/test everyone who was on the bus and make them all eat meals in their rooms and test for 5 days straight? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jetblue said:

sneezing has increased greatly the last few days

Question for the fun of it and I haven't looked at what is on the ship so this might be off base.

But how much of the sneezing could be from hayfever due to the grass that they have on the top deck? They have the grass and therefore grass pollen don't they? Do you want to make people wear a mask for hayfever because celeb decided to put grass on the ship?

I have to say I have been coughing, sneezing and runny nose for at least the past 2 years.  Pretty much everyday.  It is allergies and I am not going to take allergy medicine everyday.  I am hoping to figure out what is causing it.  But the point is if you are concerned about the health of others then wear a mask.  I always wear a mask when out but if others do not then that is their choice and then they really should not complain if they get sick.  Also I have to agree that I do not see the point of wearing masks all around the ship if then in the bars and dining rooms they are removed.  That is probably the most likely places that this is getting spread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LINGBER said:

I wonder if 1 of the 60 people on that coach tests positive do they contact trace/test everyone who was on the bus and make them all eat meals in their rooms and test for 5 days straight? 

In the past they didn't.   In the Caribbean they recorded where each guest was seated and only those within 6 feet for over 10 minutes were contact traced.

On our excursion today there was no record at all. 

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

In the past they didn't.   In the Caribbean they recorded where each guest was seated and only those within 6 feet for over 10 minutes were contact traced.

On our excursion today there was no record at all. 

I hope that continues to be the case. We are heading to italy next month to board the Beyond and have some small Group tours booked. Seriously thinking we may cancel them so we can social distance better. 

So sorry you're down here in the dungeon with me. I just heard from someone "upstairs" who's not sick that the amount of coughing/sneezing has increased greatly the last few days. Kind of scary, they really should go back to the mask rules if it is this bad.

Hope you both get better soon neighbor!

Agree, if the virus is spreading then why no precautions?  The idea that it's allergies is pretty absurd considering yourselves and the rest of the now over 1% that are positive.  It sounds not unlike the "colds" that in the past have spread through ships, especially on longer cruises like yours.  Of course, they didn't quarantine for them.  Many ships are experiencing large upticks in numbers now.  One look at the CDC rating system and you know this is true, most, by quite a lot are in the "ORANGE" status, which is where Silhouette is, thankfully I don't see any in "RED" yet, but you would think ships would be taking more precautions now to prevent that.

Good luck, I hope you test negative tomorrow Jetblue and are able to enjoy your suite again.

3 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

It sounds not unlike the "colds" that in the past have spread through ships, especially on longer cruises like yours.  Of course, they didn't quarantine for them

Perhaps they should quarantine for them. They should also be jumping on people who are sneezing and coughing and force them to test twice a day if need be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Perhaps they should quarantine for them. They should also be jumping on people who are sneezing and coughing and force them to test twice a day if need be.

Really?? Obviously you didn't see my post about my allergies which I have had for the past 2 years or more.  I test when I get a sore throat but otherwise I would have to test every single day.  People do have chronic allergies.

2 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

The selfishness that has come forth from this pandemic has been one of the scariest things to see. 

What a shame.  Perhaps it's regional but my experience has been just the opposite.  I've seen way more selfless acts during this entire ordeal than anything else.  @jetblue is a prime example.  I guess there will always be those who have no regard for others but I tend to think they are fewer and more far between the rest of us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Doubtful that will ever happen, but wouldn't it be nice if people considered their fellow man when ill and masked up themselves and stayed away from others.    

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Really?? Obviously you didn't see my post about my allergies which I have had for the past 2 years or more.  I test when I get a sore throat but otherwise I would have to test every single day.  People do have chronic allergies.

I understand chronic allergies well. I have asthma. As a common courtesy I were a mask when in social situations out of respect and courtesy towards others.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, sippican said:

I understand chronic allergies well. I have asthma. As a common courtesy I were a mask when in social situations out of respect and courtesy towards others.

I also always wear my mask when out but to say anyone coughing or sneezing should be forced to test  twice a day is ridiculous.  

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

What a shame.  Perhaps it's regional but my experience has been just the opposite.  I've seen way more selfless acts during this entire ordeal than anything else.  @jetblue is a prime example.  I guess there will always be those who have no regard for others but I tend to think they are fewer and more far between the rest of us.

I was referring to what I see posted all over social media including from some people here. My town was one of the highest vaxxed towns in all of Massachusetts and mask and social distancing guidelines were strongly supported by local residents. My friends and family all vaxxed up right away and have been boosted and on the whole have been cautious in their social activities. So the world of my everyday life is very much in support of doing things to keep this virus from spreading which is why it is so shocking to see the mentality totally opposite of that when I come online. Of course I do have to remember that sometimes the loudest, most obnoxious voices do not represent the majority so yes I hope you are right that they are fewer and more far between...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I also always wear my mask when out but to say anyone coughing or sneezing should be forced to test  twice a day is ridiculous.  

I have serious allergies. The time when they are least problematic are when I am on a cruise ship as you spend so much time at sea away from the allergens on land.  So if people are coughing and sneezing a lot on a cruise ship IN THE MIDST OF A PANDEMIC, yes, they should be tested regularly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

I have serious allergies. The time when they are least problematic are when I am on a cruise ship as you spend so much time at sea away from the allergens on land.  So if people are coughing and sneezing a lot on a cruise ship IN THE MIDST OF A PANDEMIC, yes, they should be tested regularly.

I have been on 3 cruises in the past 5 months and my allergies were still just as bad on the ship.  Did 2 Celebrity and 1 RCL.  I think it is a dust issue which is hard to prevent with all that carpeting and drapery, etc.

• Like 3