Price Shocker!

They sell out routinely at $1,899 so the logical outcome (from Royal's perspective) is to increase prices and see if they continue to sell out.  

As a shareholder I applaud this practice.

As a cruiser I am shaking my head that there are individuals who have that much more money than I do.  Good for them though... their money, their choice.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

ok so say you get a group of 8 people to split this.  Price with the 18% gratuity is about 4100.  Divide this by 8 and its roughly $510 a person.  This does not include tip at the end which at 20% could be $800 and another $100 pp.  All this for a slide, a shack with a frig, a couple of noodles and a lobster sandwich.  And let's not forget the 6 hours you will spend there.  Who is this stupid?  I would charter a nice boat for 1/3 that price on any other island and have a much better time.  I chartered in the bahamas on Spanish Wells a boat for 6 hours at $100 an hour and husband and I had an awesome day and made a great friendship with our captain whom we still text with.  I rented a house on the beach in the Outer Banks for a week that was cheaper than this.

If anyone is actually doing this excursion, can you explain why it's so good?  Maybe Im missing something?  

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Holy Moses!.........insane...I asked "Who pays that?"

Then I realized it's "Sold Out"..........I just about spilled my coffee.

They probably sold out when the price was 1/3 of that.  

I have been watching my Cruise Planner for CocoCay.  I hemmed and hawed over booking the Beach Club Day Pass for $79,  "list price" of $179, and decided that I just don't need to spend the money there.

Today in my CP the charge for the Beach Club is $249.  😮 

Edited to add:  I am B2B, and on the other leg, the same Pass is $199.  Ah, Royal Caribbean!

• Like 3

I have to ask...for this type of money, $3,499...

What exactly do you get? besides an over the water cabana?

* upgraded food?

* all drinks?

* butler service?

* 4-hand massage?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

ok so say you get a group of 8 people to split this.  Price with the 18% gratuity is about 4100.  Divide this by 8 and its roughly $510 a person.  This does not include tip at the end which at 20% could be $800 and another $100 pp.  All this for a slide, a shack with a frig, a couple of noodles and a lobster sandwich.  And let's not forget the 6 hours you will spend there.  Who is this stupid?  I would charter a nice boat for 1/3 that price on any other island and have a much better time.  I chartered in the bahamas on Spanish Wells a boat for 6 hours at $100 an hour and husband and I had an awesome day and made a great friendship with our captain whom we still text with.  I rented a house on the beach in the Outer Banks for a week that was cheaper than this.

If anyone is actually doing this excursion, can you explain why it's so good?  Maybe Im missing something?  

I think the point you are missing is people make different amounts of money. While you may think it is stupid to spend that kind of money, for someone who makes a lot more money than I assume you do, spending $3500 to $4000 may not be a big deal. Would you call me stupid for buying a Tesla that cost over $100,000 when I could have bought a Honda in the mid $20,000s? 

• Like 1

If they get those prices I can just see people complaining they were bumped by someone that paid a higher price then they did.......It will happen if they sell at those prices.

Same thing happens for air seats on planes..............Royal is just getting in the action......It will happen folks, are you ready for it?

18 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think the point you are missing is people make different amounts of money. While you may think it is stupid to spend that kind of money, for someone who makes a lot more money than I assume you do, spending $3500 to $4000 may not be a big deal. Would you call me stupid for buying a Tesla that cost over $100,000 when I could have bought a Honda in the mid $20,000s? 

I personally don't see the value in booking a suite; does that mean everyone that books them makes more money than I do? 

People value (and spend) money differently; it really doesn't make a difference how much someone makes.  There are people that spend above their means, people that spend below their means, and people that spend based on the value or pleasure they receive from the expense.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You're right, it's all relative. If someone is paying $30,000+ to sail in a top-end suite with their family, the $3,499 cabana would be equivalent to you paying $2,000 for the cruise and $200 for a cabana. 

I always say if that's the price they're charging, it's because people are willing to pay that price. 

11 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I personally don't see the value in booking a suite; does that mean everyone that books them makes more money than I do? 

People value (and spend) money differently; it really doesn't make a difference how much someone makes.  There are people that spend above their means, people that spend below their means, and people that spend based on the value or pleasure they receive from the expense.

I agree. There are a lot of things that I can afford but I choose not to spend money  on them because I personally don't find the value in it.

After reading various travel message boards over the last 20+ years I know that there are people eating ramen all year so that they can stay concierge. To each their own. LOL

• Like 2

Better plan - Get out blender, put ice in it, go to personal money bin (Like Scrooge McDuck) and grab some cash, toss it in, top w/ tequila and hit FRAPPE  annnddd VOILA you have a wasteofmoney-arita!   That's about what this kind of pricing represents.

Even if I had the disposable income for something like this I can can find many better ways to dispose of it!

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I agree with you 100% that people value and spend money differently. I was responding to a poster who called someone stupid if they booked an overwater cabana. I think that comment was way out of line. I rarely book anything higher than a balcony, because I don’t spend too much time in my cabin during a cruise. However, I have friends I cruise with often who always book a suite. I don’t think they are stupid, they just place more value on having a nicer cabin than I do. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think people that make that much more money probably aren't going on the same vacations I am

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sphilli2 said:

I think people that make that much more money probably aren't going on the same vacations I am

That's not necessarily true.  They are many people that have loads of money, but are very thrifty.

And many people that have no money, but spend, spend, spend.