Group Live Ruby Princess 4/16-4/30

CineGraphic

4 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Does anyone else besides me cruise for something other than food? 

4 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Like please tell me I’m not alone. 

You're not,  it's just that the rest of us are busy enjoying ourselves not eating or shopping. Crooners was packed last night. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Does anyone else besides me cruise for something other than food? 

We mainly cruise to visit destinations we have never been before or those we have visited once but want to see more of. (This does not include visiting Cozumel or St Thomas or Barcelona, etc. for the umpteenth time.)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, caribill said:

We mainly cruise to visit destinations we have never been before or those we have visited once but want to see more of. (This does not include visiting Cozumel or St Thomas or Barcelona, etc. for the umpteenth time.)

Same.  I only get off the ship in Cabo to get my mail and pick up prescriptions.  And get tacos.  

• Like 1

Always, *always* Tacos Gardenias.   The absolute best in town.  The drinks are expensive by Mexico standards and sorta meh, but by that point, I really should be drinking Topo Chico *anyway*.  My fish is always firm and fresh, their pastor is moist and savory, the guisados are rocking, and the conchinita pibil is the best I’ve had outside the Yucatan.  They also make their tortillas.   I also like that it’s an open kitchen - very clean, and I have a life-threatening food allergy combined with modest Spanish skills, so it’s reassuring to see what’s going on. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, milogurd said:

It appears that "Mad Dog" wasn't the intended name...

"For most of us, MD 20/20 has (and always will be) known as Mad Dog 20/20. But it has recently been revealed by a picture doing the rounds online that the MD stands for something that few people expected."

https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/drink/one-thing-didnt-know-md2020/

Yes, even back then we knew that MD stood for Mogen David. It's just that Mad Dog fit so nicely with the product.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yes, even back then we knew that MD stood for Mogen David. It's just that Mad Dog fit so nicely with the product.

Quoting myself. Weird. However... MD 20/20 is different these days. It ranges from 13% to 18% alcohol. Originally the 20/20 part stood for 20 ounces at 20% alcohol. That, of course, is what the "Mad Dog" appellation was all about. It was for "the young, poor, and stupid" days.

There used to be a little jingle about another infamous wine that was around long before MD 20/20. "What's the word? Thunderbird! What's the price? 50 twice!".  Bleh...

26 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Quoting myself. Weird. However... MD 20/20 is different these days. It ranges from 13% to 18% alcohol. Originally the 20/20 part stood for 20 ounces at 20% alcohol. That, of course, is what the "Mad Dog" appellation was all about. It was for "the young, poor, and stupid" days.

There used to be a little jingle about another infamous wine that was around long before MD 20/20. "What's the word? Thunderbird! What's the price? 50 twice!".  Bleh...

Maybe for the young and stupid but my grandma used to always have a bottle in her fridge!  She was a spitfire! #memories

4 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Always, *always* Tacos Gardenias.   The absolute best in town.  The drinks are expensive by Mexico standards and sorta meh, but by that point, I really should be drinking Topo Chico *anyway*.  My fish is always firm and fresh, their pastor is moist and savory, the guisados are rocking, and the conchinita pibil is the best I’ve had outside the Yucatan.  They also make their tortillas.   I also like that it’s an open kitchen - very clean, and I have a life-threatening food allergy combined with modest Spanish skills, so it’s reassuring to see what’s going on. 

Can you walk from where the tender drops off?

Edited by startedwithamouse

Yes and no. 

It’s technically possible.  The tender drops you roughly where the green & sign is on the photo.  Follow the malecon around and when you get to the gap of the boat ramp, sort of switch to the street grid.   The problem is that it’s a REALLY inefficient walk path and fences seem to appear and disappear at random by the mall-thingie near the NE corner of the marina. 

I get an UberX from by the Oxxo outside the marina access and tip generously.   It’s like $3 USD 6E53FE17-2156-48AD-8E30-2100B61A31CE.thumb.jpeg.ddfa76b56330eb6b596d3a328b98f49e.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 12:27 PM, siamcamp said:

never heard any mention of covid cases so if there were some it wasn't a huge issue. noticed the masking dropped off dramatically during the cruise. started at probably 60%, ended probably 40%. maybe the travel mask mandate being dropped had an effect or maybe it was complacency

That one. Just got off the Discovery & mask wearing was 10% or LESS. I'd love to see statistics on who tests positive after the cruise.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 2:34 PM, Ombud said:

No. She didn't need scooter. I spoke with the Hotel Mgr & Bar Mgr and told them that they needed authority to cut someone off. Even if they had only had 10 drinks by noon. And I will also tell corporate. Guests behaving more like they're on Carnival. 

It just goes to show you that there are jerks on EVERY cruise line.....stop bashing Carnival since apparently your cruise line of choice has them also!!!

20 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

It just goes to show you that there are jerks on EVERY cruise line.....stop bashing Carnival since apparently your cruise line of choice has them also!!!

I cruise Carnival as well so I'm not bashing it. But there has always been a difference in music and IMHO alcohol consumption before this cruise.  Princess had no classical and free flowing booze 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

If you get a chance, Please tell them that Joe, Amelia, Wally & Cheryl say "HI".  Thanks.

I’m sorry but I’m already off ship. Buuuuut I’ll be back on May 30 with her and Arthur so I’ll make a note to send your regards. Did you know Amit has a 5 month old new baby?  He’s been on board 8 and a half months. Goes home after the next sailing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is an amazing new menu in the international cafe. Yesterday was the first time it was rolled out. It is for the Alaska season. These Pictures from this morning.  So happy.  My next sailing I won’t have club class and I’ve always used IC when that’s the case. Cannot wait to try these!

for those who eat gf I saw a some new stuff. 

2868A125-3C5F-4C17-954D-F3FC6B5B3CC3.jpeg

7B888279-8552-434E-AA80-06CD06E5BBA3.jpeg

81C9E4B3-97F4-4881-8432-6A89523E02E1.jpeg

DB78219D-6F51-458E-B0E1-B6E644187425.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

There is an amazing new menu in the international cafe. Yesterday was the first time it was rolled out. It is fir the Alaska season. These Picard from this morning.  So happy.  My next sailing I won’t have club class and I’ve always used IC when that’s the case. Cannot wait to try these!

for those who eat gf I saw a some new stuff. 

Oh wow! Those selections all look fabulous! I hope the Grand will have them for our Alaska cruise in late May 🙂 

18 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’m sorry but I’m already off ship. Buuuuut I’ll be back on May 30 with her and Arthur so I’ll make a note to send your regards. Did you know Amit has a 5 month old new baby?  He’s been on board 8 and a half months. Goes home after the next sailing. 

I did not know that. At least he will be able to see the baby soon. I talked more with Jess and Grace. Along with Jo & Arthur.

12 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

There is an amazing new menu in the international cafe. Yesterday was the first time it was rolled out. It is fir the Alaska season.

AAAUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! That's what I was looking for last week.😢

Edited by cruisingpeople