Anyone willing to adopt me and grant diamond status?

As of this fall, will have been on 6 cruises since 2014. Did the math and realized I'll need to double that to make diamond and get anything useful on Crown and Anchor.

Anyone willing to go back in time and adopt me before I turned 18? Or bequeath me CnA points in your will or something?

Finally platinum on the next cruise, and we get robes upon request so we will definitely be partying it up. Might change the whole vacation!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, SG65CB said:

You don't need a time machine or a bequeathal, you can just marry someone who is Diamond and it's an instant upgrade for you. 

This "we" that you mention could be a problem.

This changes the whole game. Let's call this plan C.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Start booking Junior Suites for double points. 

This is the way. In fact we started booking Grand Suites as we worked through from Gold to Diamond. Now that we've made it, we're going back to Jr Suites, at least for a trial. 

The added cost for a Jr Suite over a balcony also comes with added perks. It's partially the perks, and partially an investment and getting more upgrades faster.

Depends on how dedicated to cruising with RCI you are. We do a couple each year generally, so well worth it for us.

3 minutes ago, doa70 said:

This is the way. In fact we started booking Grand Suites as we worked through from Gold to Diamond. Now that we've made it, we're going back to Jr Suites, at least for a trial. 

The added cost for a Jr Suite over a balcony also comes with added perks. It's partially the perks, and partially an investment and getting more upgrades faster.

Depends on how dedicated to cruising with RCI you are. We do a couple each year generally, so well worth it for us.

My first cruise was Jr suite on the navigator in 2014. I don't know what perks I missed but I didn't see anything other than robes.

We got there with 4 transatlantic cruises and 1 14 day repositioning with inside cabins plus a 10 day and a 7 day for a total of 7 cruises.  Didn't get to enjoy the diamond benefits until cruises resumed last year as we turned diamond mid cruise on our 2019 TA.  It's easier than you think.  And yes, doing suites would have been faster but no JS were of course available on a TA especially when TA are basically just a giant floating Diamond and above suite.

You could always sail on Celebrity. Just sail 25 nights in a Celebrity Suite or above and you make Elite in Captain's Club. This is status matched with RC Diamond, so you can get Diamond benefits on Royal even if you don't yet have the C&A points. If you are prepared to push the boat out and book a Penthouse Suite or above, you can do it 17 nights.

5 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Move to Florida and do lots of cruises. We look across the pond from the uk and are envious at the cheap cruise costs....

And I'm envious of $29 flights to Europe.

We do have better weather overall

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

We got there with 4 transatlantic cruises and 1 14 day repositioning with inside cabins plus a 10 day and a 7 day for a total of 7 cruises.  Didn't get to enjoy the diamond benefits until cruises resumed last year as we turned diamond mid cruise on our 2019 TA.  It's easier than you think.  And yes, doing suites would have been faster but no JS were of course available on a TA especially when TA are basically just a giant floating Diamond and above suite.

528 points for solo on Ultimate World Cruise. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, SG65CB said:

You don't need a time machine or a bequeathal, you can just marry someone who is Diamond and it's an instant upgrade for you. 

This "we" that you mention could be a problem.

I dont know you even have to get  married just move in together and share the same address?

...though I dont think I have space for a 2nd person here. Instant diamond plus.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, topnole said:

Not bad for a solo cabin.   

Price is 110K, but I get 10% discount for paying early. Also $1500 discount for no airfare, 2% cash back from Wells Fargo, about 5% OBC credit from TA, around 2% in other credits. 

Of course I'll eat all of that up in excursions🤣

• Like 2