The Daily for Tuesday 05/24/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

I arrived on time (I had verifed the appointment the day before).  The young man behind the desk got my paperwork, asked to make copies of my current insurance, and then the woman next to him told him I wasn't on the schedule.  Someone had cancelled my appointment. 

Wow.  Do you get email confirmations of your appointments or do you have something like MyChart?  I would have shown them proof of my appointment and then if they still said I had to wait, I would have walked out.  Just wow!  I'm so thankful for our clinic here after hearing your and others' stories. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@Cat in my lapPrayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery for your DH.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi,   Excellent news on the negative tests. I would have been a wreck!

Must be the day for cancelled appointments. After receiving 2 confirmation emails and 1 text, as we were pulling into the doctors parking lot, the receptionist calls and asks if DH is ready for his VIRTUAL appointment!  No we are in the car. She tells him we will reschedule. How long will it take you to drive home?  WHAT?? So DH tells her dont bother.  Jeezzz. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Okay, DH called and waited on hold for the pharmacy, and finally the woman answers.  He asks her if she knows what happened to his results since I already had mine.  She said "Oh I just got busy.  You'll get the results soon!"  

Can you believe it?  Busy doing the front register and delaying sending out Covid test results.  Obviously just a technician and not the pharmacist.  

Five excruciating minutes later the results arrived.  NEGATIVE like mine.  So finally I can relax a little bit.  My poor stomach with all this stress!

Thanks for your support everyone.  @kb4683 Kay, do you know if I need to do anything with our negative results, like on the Princess Medallion app?  I haven't even thought that far ahead.

Sandi, great news on finally getting DH's negative result 👏

I know there is a place in the newest version of the Medallion app to upload both your vax card and your test results.  I uploaded our vax cards 3 days ago and they are still "pending".  Will try this afternoon to upload the test results but don't have a lot of faith in the process.  The first two Princess cruises we took after the shutdown, we just had to show up with our original vax cards, hard copy of the test results, passports and medallions.  This trip we will also have to have the ArriveCAN code, too (as you well know).  Don't forget to do the health assessment, too.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Okay, DH called and waited on hold for the pharmacy, and finally the woman answers.  He asks her if she knows what happened to his results since I already had mine.  She said "Oh I just got busy.  You'll get the results soon!"  

Can you believe it?  Busy doing the front register and delaying sending out Covid test results.  Obviously just a technician and not the pharmacist.  

Five excruciating minutes later the results arrived.  NEGATIVE like mine.  So finally I can relax a little bit.  My poor stomach with all this stress!

Thanks for your support everyone.  @kb4683 Kay, do you know if I need to do anything with our negative results, like on the Princess Medallion app?  I haven't even thought that far ahead.

Absolutely fantastic news Sandi.

Wishing you both the most amazing cruise ever.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise really is today.  Despite low hanging clouds the sun did eventually show itself from my balcony looking towards Hamilton.

IMG_0278.JPG.0e062a262888d983a385622aa0870614.JPG

Roy

I hope you are enjoying your time in Bermuda Roy.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

@StLouisCruisers  edited to congratulate both of you!  Some people have no empathy, so they do not understand how their actions, or in this case- inactions, affect others.  

So I survived kickboxing. I might not have been elegant, and I might not have been able to get as low as some of my fellow classmates. - but I could keep up. I was literally drenched in sweat. I had to shower and wash my hair before I was even presentable enough to take Bindi out. 😎 I foresee a dip in my pool later. 

And in honor of Tiara Day, here’s a pic from my “unofficial” retirement luncheon. The tiara is a bit hard to make out. And NO that is not real fur.

2813BEBE-804D-4BE5-B50A-1582B35F3F10.jpeg.cb4a994721ca1d446fe43b768104fb38.jpeg

Nice photo.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

My tiara is missing (retirement one), and I have no brother. And no thanks to Escargot. Very true quote.

I'll pass on the meal and drink. The wine sounds nice.

I haven't been to Grenada (I've been to Granada and had to look up the difference). Thanks for the pictures.

It's overcast here with a few peaks of sun, in the mid-60's. I went out this AM to get a refund on 4 big jars of peanut butter that were recalled. I'll do some watering in the yard in a bit. I found out a friend in the UK will be having major abdominal surgery due to a cancer recurrence; she usually visits here yearly, but hasn't been since 2019.

@marshhawk I was glad to read you're making changes to improve your work situation. And impressed you knew not to try to break your fall with an outstretched arm; that's how I tore my glenoid labrum, which required shoulder surgery many years ago. Sorry about the appointment being cancelled.

@dfish Sorry they messed up your lanes at the pool and I hope you can use the one you need to.

@kazu Lovely flowers.

@StLouisCruisers Yay for negative tests! Awww, Sadie is so cute!

@kb4683 Congrats on the negative tests!

@Cat in my lap Wishing the best outcome for DH's surgery today.

@Cruising-along Have a great time in Yellowstone next week.

@durangoscots I know the struggle I had to arrange things after my kitchen reno 2 years ago. And my local big box store rearranges all the time, so I can't find things!

@kochleffel Thanks for sharing your travels with us.

@cunnorl Oh my, another doctor's office horror story. Knock wood I haven't had any.

Prayers for the Care List, and Ukraine and it's people. A toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

49 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Sandi, I'm so happy to see your test results come through. Wishing you a lovely cruise. I'll miss you.

Thanks Joy!  I will miss all of my CC Daily friends as well along with you and your beloved.❤️

• Like 15

35 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Sandi, great news on finally getting DH's negative result 👏

I know there is a place in the newest version of the Medallion app to upload both your vax card and your test results.  I uploaded our vax cards 3 days ago and they are still "pending".  Will try this afternoon to upload the test results but don't have a lot of faith in the process.  The first two Princess cruises we took after the shutdown, we just had to show up with our original vax cards, hard copy of the test results, passports and medallions.  This trip we will also have to have the ArriveCAN code, too (as you well know).  Don't forget to do the health assessment, too.

Thanks for your help.  I went to the Medallion app and uploaded the vax cards and test results.  I'm going to make a hard copy of the QR code that Walgreen's sent us.  Thanks for that reminder.  See you on the ship!  I'm planning on the M&G so let's search each other out.

• Like 14

Good afternoon, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I like escargot, but only eat them on a ship. I have no tiara. I do have one brother and have been planning on calling him so maybe I'll do that tonight.

I like the quote and the meal sounds good.

Yesterday was hot, but fun. I have been resting for the most part today other than a few small chores spread out throughout the day.

@kb4683 and @StLouisCruisers congratulations on the negative tests.

@ger_77 safe travels tomorrow.

@Cat in my lap praying surgery went well for your DH.

@cat shepard I received your email and will reply later. Thank you. Nice picture.

@kochleffel thank you for sharing your cruise.

@JazzyV praying for your friend in the UK.

WOW! To all the appointment cancellations.

Take care of yourselves and each other. Have a terrific rest of your Tuesday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

Hi friends! I'm finally re-entering reality after getting home from the river cruise late last Thursday. Sadly, housekeeping and meal service becomes my job again. Sigh!

Sis & I had a great time, but we need another vacation to recover from this one. LOTS of walking, with all the city tours. My sister said she finally understands why I love sea days! Still, the food was wonderful, the staff was friendly, and we saw places I never expected to see! 

Our last stop before flying home was Munich, so the tour company arranged for all of us to get tested at the hotel. Out of a group of 40, 10 tested positive! And we had been required to wear masks whenever we were out of our cabins, except for meals, so I don't know how so many caught the bug! Luckily, sis & I were fine, but I felt sorry for those that had to spend more time than expected in Germany!

Prayers for everyone that needs them and cheers for those who are celebrating, especially those getting ready to board our BHBs!

Edi

Edited by NextOne
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Before the day gets away and knowing every Daily-ite can use a good giggle, here's my contribution to Tiara Day. No, it wasn't a tiara, but I was crowned Princess of the Metropolitan Beach Tot Lot. Sixty-three years later, the family joke continues that I won because DM curled my hair, ironed my cotton swimsuit's ruffles, and wouldn't let me go in swimming until I'd sashayed down the catwalk. And, no, the Tot Lot Prince is not my very charming DH.

Hearty laughter heartily encouraged,

-Melisa

1196623310_15931364259822.thumb.jpg.d5da6d53b7b9c877f531c53d06544d10.jpg

• Like 27
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

My tiara is missing (retirement one), and I have no brother. And no thanks to Escargot. Very true quote.

I'll pass on the meal and drink. The wine sounds nice.

I haven't been to Grenada (I've been to Granada and had to look up the difference). Thanks for the pictures.

It's overcast here with a few peaks of sun, in the mid-60's. I went out this AM to get a refund on 4 big jars of peanut butter that were recalled. I'll do some watering in the yard in a bit. I found out a friend in the UK will be having major abdominal surgery due to a cancer recurrence; she usually visits here yearly, but hasn't been since 2019.

@marshhawk I was glad to read you're making changes to improve your work situation. And impressed you knew not to try to break your fall with an outstretched arm; that's how I tore my glenoid labrum, which required shoulder surgery many years ago. Sorry about the appointment being cancelled.

@dfish Sorry they messed up your lanes at the pool and I hope you can use the one you need to.

@kazu Lovely flowers.

@StLouisCruisers Yay for negative tests! Awww, Sadie is so cute!

@kb4683 Congrats on the negative tests!

@Cat in my lap Wishing the best outcome for DH's surgery today.

@Cruising-along Have a great time in Yellowstone next week.

@durangoscots I know the struggle I had to arrange things after my kitchen reno 2 years ago. And my local big box store rearranges all the time, so I can't find things!

@kochleffel Thanks for sharing your travels with us.

@cunnorl Oh my, another doctor's office horror story. Knock wood I haven't had any.

Prayers for the Care List, and Ukraine and it's people. A toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Sorry to hear about your friend here in the UK.

They will get the best treatment possible free in our NHS hospitals.

Prayers 🙏 for their successful treatment.

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I love escargot.  Always order it when I see it on a menu but I’ve never made it at home.  

On our recent Azamara cruise escargot was available every night in the main dining room. I definitely took advantage of that.

• Like 16

Good Afternoon All,

We have a lovely day here.  Love escargot. Made some faux escargot a few weeks ago with mushrooms and they were good ( and tasted like the real thing.)  But not good enough for DH to say he’d try the real thing.

It happens to be DH’s BD, so I’m preparing a few favorites for him. He decided on tacos from a stand near where I used to work, so will get take out from there.
There just happened to be enough supplies in house to mix up margaritas, so they are freezing now.

Decided that a passion fruit cake would finish off things nicely, so I made fresh passion fruit curd and frosting. A few weeks ago I had made extra Meyer lemon cake and froze it. I decided to use one of those, the one that had not been frosted. Well, surprise! It was stuck together with the last of the lemon curd. 
So that meant I have extra “stuff”. I tried soaking in the passion fruit syrup from the bottom. The lemon frosting on top became a crumb coat, the new passion fruit frosting is now covering the sides, and next the passion fruit curd will go on top. It’s sort of a sticky, sorry looking mess. Hope it isn’t too sweet or “ overdone”.

Our Little Guest has one chick, who hatched the end of last week. We’re assuming the other egg is non-viable. 

Have a great day everyone!

Last Friday 

31438C12-95FC-4B81-8351-448EBA9C4629.thumb.jpeg.3380fd617ed3cd8ee93c3edd54a966fe.jpeg

Sunday

4BAA67D5-80AA-4D14-B667-C4543A8C7F73.thumb.jpeg.daf3d20d459fcacc7387fd621c5f91da.jpeg

Today

ED22E584-0A65-424C-AD13-FF4FD421D99C.thumb.jpeg.3738b01808106ee2a2db4a2c52b893e3.jpeg

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

Before the day gets away and knowing every Daily-ite can use a good giggle, here's my contribution to Tiara Day. No, it wasn't a tiara, but I was crowned Princess of the Metropolitan Beach Tot Lot. Sixty-three years later, the family joke continues that I won because DM curled my hair, ironed my cotton swimsuit's ruffles, and wouldn't let me go in swimming until I'd sashayed down the catwalk. And, no, the Tot Lot Prince is not my very charming DH.

Hearty laughter heartily encouraged,

-Melisa

1196623310_15931364259822.thumb.jpg.d5da6d53b7b9c877f531c53d06544d10.jpg

Nice photo Melisa.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Afternoon All,

We have a lovely day here.

It happens to be DH’s BD, so I’m preparing a few favorites for him. He decided on tacos from a stand near where I used to work, so will get take out from there.
There just happened to be enough supplies in house to mix up margaritas, so they are freezing now.

Decided that a passion fruit cake would finish off things nicely, so I made fresh passion fruit curd and frosting. A few weeks ago I had made extra Meyer lemon cake and froze it. I decided to use one of those, the one that had not been frosted. Well, surprise! It was stuck together with the last of the lemon curd. 
So that meant I have extra “stuff”. I tried soaking in the passion fruit syrup from the bottom. The lemon frosting on top became a crumb coat, the new passion fruit frosting is now covering the sides, and next the passion fruit curd will go on top. It’s sort of a sticky, sorry looking mess. Hope it isn’t too sweet or “ overdone”.

Our Little Guest has one chick, who hatched the end of last week. We’re assuming the other egg is non-viable. 

Have a great day everyone!

Last Friday 

31438C12-95FC-4B81-8351-448EBA9C4629.thumb.jpeg.3380fd617ed3cd8ee93c3edd54a966fe.jpeg

Sunday

4BAA67D5-80AA-4D14-B667-C4543A8C7F73.thumb.jpeg.daf3d20d459fcacc7387fd621c5f91da.jpeg

Today

ED22E584-0A65-424C-AD13-FF4FD421D99C.thumb.jpeg.3738b01808106ee2a2db4a2c52b893e3.jpeg

Happy birthday to your husband.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Please wish your DH a very Happy Birthday with many returns of the day.

On another matter, it's absolutely heartbreaking hearing the news of the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas.  May those little souls and the soul of their teacher rest in eternal peace.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 7

All I can say is I'm in shock about the school shooting in Uvalde.  My heart is breaking for the families of the children and teacher killed and for all the community that is suffering. When will this madness end?

@cunnorl  Sorry about the missed appointment.  If you were there, why couldn't the doctor see your DH in the time allotted for the virtual appointment?

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm sending good thoughts that your friend in the UK has a good outcome from her surgery for the recurrence of cancer.

@NextOne  Welcome home, Edi.  I'm glad you and your sister had a good time and tested negative.  I can't believe that 1/4 for the passengers tested positive.

@HAL Sailer  What a cute picture.

@TiogaCruiser  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH.  Thanks for the pictures of the hatchling.

Lenda

• Like 17