Favorite Celebrity Ship?

superduper123

I just recently finished my first Celebrity cruise on the Summit. What is your favorite ship on Celebrity?  How different are the classes? I am Diamond with Royal and usually sail Radiance or Vision class, but have also been on Navigator, Independence, and Adventure, nothing bigger than that. 

I definitely prefer S or M class to Edge class.  If I had to pick one (very tough choice!!) I would pick Equinox.  Probably primary reason is the staff we've gotten to know on that ship, although the staff overall is great on any of their ships.

• Like 1

This is very subjective.  When Edge Class was announced, we most emphatically thought it would not be for us.  We loved the Solstice Class…and E Class did away with our beloved Sky Lounge…and there is no shade at our equally beloved Sunset Bar!!  And the jarring appendage of The Magic Carpet!!!  And other things…

Then friends convinced us to join them on an Edge cruise and we did a complete reversal.  We LOVE the four MDR concept!  We love the king size bed.  We love the infinite veranda.

However, there are plenty of things we still love about Solstice Class so we’re happy on either class.

You really need to experience the Edge Class for yourself to decide.  

• Like 1

Tough call.  If you like Radiance class ships, I'd bet good money that you would love S-class ships.

By the way, I absolutely love Summit, but I think my favorite is Reflection.  We stayed in a Signature Suite, and I would be all over that again if other ships had it.

Edited by DCPIV

22 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If we are in a Suite then the E Class.  We like the Apex bettter than Edge and expect to like the Beyond even more.

Ditto for E class.

The only other ship we would sail would be Reflection.

2 hours ago, Team Stag said:

I agree with this sediment.  If I had to pick one, it would be the Equinox.

I like the M Class for Asia and Alaska. If in the Med I like the S Class ships. I do like the glassblowing. Our next cruise is on Solstice. 

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

If we are in a Suite then the E Class.  We like the Apex bettter than Edge and expect to like the Beyond even more.

If not in a Suite then the Eclipse.

I'm curious the improvements of the Apex to make it better than the Edge? 

Edited by Team Stag

The Retreat Sun Deck has large umbrellas to provide for the loungers.  More seating in the bar/lunch area.  Retreat Lounge has a bar you can walk up to ( no seating) but handy when the servers are busy. 
Liked  the artwork around the ship better than in the Edge.

Eden has more seating area for lunch.

Roof Top Grill has more protection from the weather.

So some things were improved with the Apex.

• Thanks 1

The one with the best deal for the category I am comfortable with, the date, and  the itinerary.  All the ships have their own charm.  Love them all.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

The sweet spot us are the S-class ships. My personal favorites are #1 Reflection (like the OVC on the same deck as the pool instead of 1 deck up) and #2 Silhouette. Both of those have Lawn Club and The Porch. Our least favorite is E-class because of the lack of real balconies. 

If I am sailing in the Retreat or AquaClass, I may prefer the E class of the upgraded amenities but for any other cabin, I would say any S class ship. Two primary reasons for choosing S class are Murano and World Class Bar. We also love the original style Martini Bar with the frozen surface (Martini menu on E class is better that S/M class.

7 hours ago, islandgirlejfan said:

I love the Summit and the Constellation.  I've really never disliked any ship, but I think it's the intamacy of these ships that makes is special. 

Like you we’re probably in the minority and prefer the smaller M class ships. Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Constellation and we sailed on the Summit post refurbishment which we loved. Really hoping they don’t sell off all these ships. 

• Like 2