Follow up “live” for June 19 coral princess

49 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

We couldn't get any sort of deal on the minibar. Probably because we went though Room Service. All she would do is to swap the six existing cans for no sugar coke. I said we didn't want the little alcohol bottles either and she said they would take them away. I asked what we would get in return and she said, nothing. I told her we'd keep them.

Lesson learned, don't talk to Room Service about the minibar.

I successfully got streaming services going on the TV via chromecast. Amazon Prime, ABC iview and Youtube all worked up to a point, unfortunately they were all unwatchable due to buffering. Which is a pity as it worked perfectly on the Ruby in late 2019.

So if you are buying MedallionNet be aware that streaming may not be viable.

We have streamed it through our iPads via medallion net. All the streaming have worked. 

so we swapped our entire mini bar! Even the cans etc so maybe that was the key. Cos it was through room service too. Alex seemed to be the manager.

25 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you  I didn't know such a tour existed from Airlie Beach.  Looks like a great day tour.  We did a similar memorable  trip years ago at the Daintree with crocodiles everywhere.  

We were planning on doing that one til I read the details and it looked like it was similar. We’ve never been to PD but I’m hoping we can just walk into town like people were doing at Airlie beach

57 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We were planning on doing that one til I read the details and it looked like it was similar. We’ve never been to PD but I’m hoping we can just walk into town like people were doing at Airlie beach

Yes, you can. It's an easy walk from the marina where the shuttles drop off. The best way is to head left and follow the road around until it connects with one end of the main shopping street, Macrossan St. Walk to the other end of that street and you'll be on Port Douglas' gorgeous beach. It's a lovely beach to walk along.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all of your information, we are going in  September and i have a couple of questions on the b2b cruises, did you have to get off the boat and then reboard on the turnaround days ? And at the start of each leg of your cruise have they gone back to day 1, for instance have they gone back to day 1 menu in the mdr at the start of everyone of your legs ? Might just get a bit repetitive on a b2b2b cruise. And gone back to the same trivia questions over and over ? 

47 minutes ago, ToeKnees said:

Thanks for all of your information, we are going in  September and i have a couple of questions on the b2b cruises, did you have to get off the boat and then reboard on the turnaround days ? And at the start of each leg of your cruise have they gone back to day 1, for instance have they gone back to day 1 menu in the mdr at the start of everyone of your legs ? Might just get a bit repetitive on a b2b2b cruise. And gone back to the same trivia questions over and over ? 

If the cruise only goes to domestic ports (all that's available now), you do not have to disembark between cruises. When international cruises re-start, the current protocol states that all passengers have to disembark. If you are changing cabins, both have to be deep-cleaned between cruises.

Menus are likely to be repeated as are shows. Trivia questions might be repeated, but this depends on the trivia host and how much time they want to put into researching questions.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, ToeKnees said:

Don’t need to get off boat if doing B2B. If you’re changing cabin then you pack up loose small items and leave in your case in cabin. Everything hanging just leave. They change them all over for you.

we have been on 20 days and haven’t eaten same thing??? Not sure if menus are same or not but we’ve chosen diff things each time. Apart from bayou cos we have fav fish.

haven’t been to trivia sorry so don’t know that one. Someone else might be able to jump in and tell yiu

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Yes, easy as, and a nice little town to boot. We love it up there.

If you choose to do an independent tour, the operators all have bookings available in the marina shops.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cbtours said:

The proserpine river crocodile safari! Excellent in every way. Presenter was fantastic, very knowledgeable and very funny. Damper and Billy tea both cooked on open fire, huge bbq lunch, two hours tractor tour of wetlands. Two hours croc hunting. Coach ride out to the goongara station was also very informative and enjoyable.

50CC85B2-5FD9-4D44-B93D-3364B52E0C23.jpeg

B84D1286-DF95-413B-AD89-43022111E59F.jpeg

3CCA5801-D01E-490E-A7DE-0807410F83AF.jpeg

03483CA8-C739-4BC2-B1BA-E0800837A2A9.jpeg

83337871-AC02-4FBB-8025-9B6403D3A3A2.jpeg

E2BB560F-370D-465E-B798-19C8CC9F46BB.jpeg

Was that a ship tour or private tour? It sounds good🐊

3 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Was that a ship tour or private tour? It sounds good🐊

The ship has a tour that seems to be the same one - considering it for our August cruise so good to hear it seemed well organised and worth it.

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, you can. It's an easy walk from the marina where the shuttles drop off. The best way is to head left and follow the road around until it connects with one end of the main shopping street, Macrossan St. Walk to the other end of that street and you'll be on Port Douglas' gorgeous beach. It's a lovely beach to walk along.

I agree Port Douglas Four Mile Beach is a beautiful beach to walk along.  The Daintree Rainforest, part of the Wet Tropics Rainforest of Qld., is beautiful, well worth a visit.  

5 hours ago, Cbtours said:

We have just loved the whole suite experience. Never done it before and it has probably spoiled us for life lol.

1. it’s lovely having the extra room, lounge room as well as bed room divined by heavy blockout curtains.

2. very large bathroom with full size shower and spa bathtub (which we haven’t used) we just shower

3. mini bar set up which we swapped and they gave us both a coffee package and a classic soda package for the first two cruises. This was at the managers discretion and I believe it was because we also swapped the bottle of champagne they brought for us.

third cruise they offered either or package. We chose the classic soda cos we are quite happy with the brewed coffee and English breakfast teas. The classic soda is everything non alcoholic (not cans thoug) so we’re been enjoying mocktails but also we order virgin versions of most cocktails so quite a variety. We have had the mini bar every cruise.

4. the laundry is a huge hit with me. Just make sure you have your bag of laundry (and a separate bag for just ironin if you want that) ready for the evening turn down, then our room steward takes it the. Cos it needs to be in by 9am to be back by 6pm. This is working great and now problem at all with any of the items we have sent.

5. the complimentary embarkation dinners, which are normally for cruises of 6 nights or longer but we’ve had them each time. The HW in club class last night mentioned that it’s normally 6 day or longer but because of cruising reopening they gave it for every cruise. We’ve been enjoying them very much.

6. breakfast in sabatinins. Set menu but it appears you can ask for anything and if they have it on board they will get it. Frank asked for steak (protein up before he hit the gym lol) and sure enough one appeared. It’s just so nice to have full service, nice and quiet no bustling crowds etc. obviously mimosas are a draw card for some people but we’re happy with our virgin mimosas hahahahah

7. the big double balcony, two loungers and table and chairs. No need to worry about chairhoggers by the pool lol

8. they have delivered canapés each embarkation but we got a menu to select them to be delivered between 4-6 any night.

8. full breakfast served in the suite, not just a limited menu as you can get with normal room service. And there are special different items every day. Todays was a full English breakfast, eggs English bacon, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans. Or a papaya filled with fresh fruit. Or both if you wanted. We usually go to sabatinins, but on change over day for b2b we had breakfast served in our suite instead of rushing.

I think that just about covers it. But ask if there are any more questions you have ☺️

Wow! Thank you for such a comprehensive reply @Cbtours! It definitely sounds like there are lots of things to look forward to. I love the idea of a relaxed room service breakfast on the turnaround days rather than rushing 😄

I think I’ll enjoy the mimosas at Sabatinis… orange juice in a cocktail surely counts for at least one of my servings of fruit for the day 🤣🥂

Complimentary laundry is definitely something I can imagine using a bit, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Don’t need to get off boat if doing B2B. If you’re changing cabin then you pack up loose small items and leave in your case in cabin. Everything hanging just leave. They change them all over for you.

we have been on 20 days and haven’t eaten same thing??? Not sure if menus are same or not but we’ve chosen diff things each time. Apart from bayou cos we have fav fish.

haven’t been to trivia sorry so don’t know that one. Someone else might be able to jump in and tell yiu

Thanks so much for your reply, really appreciate it  🙂  Keep enjoying your cruise(s)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

If the cruise only goes to domestic ports (all that's available now), you do not have to disembark between cruises. When international cruises re-start, the current protocol states that all passengers have to disembark. If you are changing cabins, both have to be deep-cleaned between cruises.

Menus are likely to be repeated as are shows. Trivia questions might be repeated, but this depends on the trivia host and how much time they want to put into researching questions.

Thanks for your answer, same cabin so should be smooth sailing (so to speak lol)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I agree Port Douglas Four Mile Beach is a beautiful beach to walk along.  The Daintree Rainforest, part of the Wet Tropics Rainforest of Qld., is beautiful, well worth a visit.  

Agreed, we did a rainforest tour many years ago and had a wonderful day out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer said:

The ship has a tour that seems to be the same one - considering it for our August cruise so good to hear it seemed well organised and worth it.

There were 19 of us on it and everyone was raving about how good it was

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

We couldn't get any sort of deal on the minibar. Probably because we went though Room Service. All she would do is to swap the six existing cans for no sugar coke. I said we didn't want the little alcohol bottles either and she said they would take them away. I asked what we would get in return and she said, nothing. I told her we'd keep them.

That's strange as we swapped the entire mini-bottles with Coke cans since we don't drink vodkas and such - no issue from Room Service (we rang to get this swapped)

We did not bother coffee cards or other beverage package since we have the plus package already

Michael

7 hours ago, Cbtours said:

We have just loved the whole suite experience. Never done it before and it has probably spoiled us for life lol.

Yeah we definitely spoiled ourselves with suite as well lol - who doesn't love being in a much larger room

We only did the one 4-niter and wifey is now complaining it's too short!! (She was the one who vetoed my B2B plan lol)

Michael

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, eamondzhang said:

Yeah we definitely spoiled ourselves with suite as well lol - who doesn't love being in a much larger room

We only did the one 4-niter and wifey is now complaining it's too short!! (She was the one who vetoed my B2B plan lol)

Michael

We were contemplating coming to the warmer qld climate for a holiday when princess released these short cruises. Seriously it would have cost us more for a really nice hotel on GC for a week than we paid for suite 17 days!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We were contemplating coming to the warmer qld climate for a holiday when princess released these short cruises. Seriously it would have cost us more for a really nice hotel on GC for a week than we paid for suite 17 days!

For me the one reason was price for a suite costs just as much as a normal balcony and even less so if you factor in the Wi-Fi and drink package. The 19th cruise also crosses my b'day and we eagerly wanted to get back to sea so it was a no-brainer for us

I was planning to add one of the 3-nighter before or after but no she didn't like the idea of being away from our cat for too long - now she's yelling!!! 😄 

Our next cruise had no suite left when we booked it so I might got some more complaints now!!! 😄 😄 😄 

Michael

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

For me the one reason was price for a suite costs just as much as a normal balcony and even less so if you factor in the Wi-Fi and drink package. The 19th cruise also crosses my b'day and we eagerly wanted to get back to sea so it was a no-brainer for us

I was planning to add one of the 3-nighter before or after but no she didn't like the idea of being away from our cat for too long - now she's yelling!!! 😄 

Our next cruise had no suite left when we booked it so I might got some more complaints now!!! 😄 😄 😄 

Michael

Were in regular balcony for our next three but at least we change to elite after we finish 4th B2B cruise on 3 july

Edited by Cbtours

20 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Were in regular balcony for our next three but at least we change to elite after we finish 4th B2B cruise on 3 july

We'll settle with balcony and Plat for the next one (and likely the next one only!)

As long as we have OBC to buy cans 'n plus package, I guess.....

Michael

8 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

Hehehe, this really made me laugh, sadly I fully understand, I have a kitty who I haven't yet broken the news to that he's being left behind for a week 🥴. I joke about smuggling him on board and how we'll manage the cabin steward, hehehe, judging from the photos posted, kitty will love the food 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hehehe, this really made me laugh, sadly I fully understand, I have a kitty who I haven't yet broken the news to that he's being left behind for a week 🥴. I joke about smuggling him on board and how we'll manage the cabin steward, hehehe, judging from the photos posted, kitty will love the food 😄 

When we had a cat 😢 he used to get in the suitcases as soon as he saw them brought out to be packed. He knew we were going away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1