Almost Live from The DAWN, Barcelona round trip

Lois R

Hi, It is Friday now and having a bowl of soup for dinner. My appetite is slim to none at this point. I am thinking the stress of what happened is playing with my tummy a bit. Hope that improves. 

18 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, It is Friday now and having a bowl of soup for dinner. My appetite is slim to none at this point. I am thinking the stress of what happened is playing with my tummy a bit. Hope that improves. 

Hope the "dining desires" come roaring back.  Good luck!!

Any feedback from other passengers as to the ports where the ship has visited??   Keep us posted.  

Thanks.  Enjoy!!  Terry in Ohio

46 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Hope the "dining desires" come roaring back.  Good luck!!

Any feedback from other passengers as to the ports where the ship has visited??   Keep us posted.  

Thanks.  Enjoy!!  Terry in Ohio

Hi Terry, from what I can tell folks have been enjoying the ports.

I understand the feeling, Lois.  I think when you have a  bit of a shock - or a big one - for some of us it takes time to sink in.  We cope cheerfully for a while, and then it tends to hit us.   You will get your bounce back pretty soon - in the meantime just try to spoil yourself; you are in the best possible place for that, and enjoy the new friends you have met on board.

Lola

• Like 1

Hi Lois feeling a little left out of this thread 😢 I posted the other day alongside other postings  to which you replied & no comments on mime about being in Palma when the ship arrives Wednesday 6th !!!& Wishing you well ..I just thought maybe some kind response would have followed !!! (Maybe I'm not in  the in crowd!!( After 15 cruises with Silversea !! But sending you very good positive vibes with your setback !!!

I'm now starting another round of chemo then a other  stem to follow 2nd one  (I have myeloma!!) But I'm so positive  & still take what ever life throws at me !! I follow your  threads with great interest as always!!nplease give me a wave when I'm at the port looking at the fabulous silver dawn 🚢

2 hours ago, Lvshack said:

Hi Lois feeling a little left out of this thread 😢 I posted the other day alongside other postings  to which you replied & no comments on mime about being in Palma when the ship arrives Wednesday 6th !!!& Wishing you well ..I just thought maybe some kind response would have followed !!! (Maybe I'm not in  the in crowd!!( After 15 cruises with Silversea !! But sending you very good positive vibes with your setback !!!

I'm now starting another round of chemo then a other  stem to follow 2nd one  (I have myeloma!!) But I'm so positive  & still take what ever life throws at me !! I follow your  threads with great interest as always!!nplease give me a wave when I'm at the port looking at the fabulous silver dawn 🚢

Geez, I have  not replied to every post

Sorry you feel left out. I probably missed others too.  Hope your treatment goes well.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lvshack said:

please give me a wave when I'm at the port looking at the fabulous silver dawn 🚢

Giving you a wave from Virginia, even if it is too far away.  Staying positive as you do is so admirable.

Please know that just as we care deeply about Lois, we care deeply about you as well.  This is the cooler after all! 

Best of luck with your upcoming round of chemo Lvshack.  I will be thinking about you and keep you in my prayers. 

Best wishes to you Lois as well, always grateful to you, Stumbles, JP and O_______ (darn, drawing a blank on the rest of that name) for helping to get us started on our 1st cruise - hoping to hear soon you have enjoyed a good meal and the leg feels better.

LVShack, waving back to you. As for feeling left out? As I mentioned earlier, I have not replied to every post and no malice is intended. Can we please move on?

• Like 2

Hi Lois - I see from Cruisemapper you are docked in Cadiz, very near town.  Even if you are not getting off the ship, usually there is a nice view of the centre of town from the ship.

I hope you are feeling more 'up' today, and enjoying the lovely nibbles of food and drinks on offer.

Lola

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, from what I can tell folks have been enjoying the ports.

Appreciate this follow-up from Lois.  As your cruise continues, if you get any more specifics from other passengers as to what ports people loved the most, why, with specifics, etc., would appreciate that sharing.  Keep us posted on your progress.  

Hopefully things are feeling better and that you are surviving well under these challenging circumstances.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

On 6/29/2022 at 3:59 PM, TrulyBlonde said:

Lois, I was about to look up PITA as I thought it was your medical diagnosis. All of a sudden, my blonde brain made the connection to what it was LOL!

Speedy recovery vibes coming your way. 🙂

TrulyBlonde, I am pretty sure that there is nothing "blonde" about your brain 🙂  

It's not as if you thought PITA is a food . . .  

• Haha 2

Hi just some random thoughts. The demographic of this sailing is the youngest I can recall. Have seen families with youngsters and quite a few young couples as well. There are still many Seniors on board( me included) but just younger than I remember overall.

Everyone has been very kind to me, Guest Relations especially helpful. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi just some random thoughts. The demographic of this sailing is the youngest I can recall. Have seen families with youngsters and quite a few young couples as well. There are still many Seniors on board( me included) but just younger than I remember overall.   Everyone has been very kind to me, Guest Relations especially helpful. 

Great, interesting follow-up from Lois.  As a "student" of demographics, that is really fascinating that this cruise has attracted a younger crowd on this sailing.  Maybe a certain number of those older are more cautious in getting back on ship??   Keen and important insights. 

Glad you have been treated so kindly.  Good news!!

Just now, Lois R said:

The demographic of this sailing is the youngest I can recall. Have seen families with youngsters and quite a few young couples as well.

Welcome to the Med in summer time!  

The best trivia session we ever on played was with children on board the Muse. We could actually answer a few questions!

• Haha 1

If these young couples and children are non-smokers and displace the usual large numbers of smokers by the swimming pool and rear decks, I am very happy to accommodate them. That would be good for Silversea’s future business prospects and for those of us who want a healthier breathing experience on the ship. Win win!

Happy and healthy sailing!

15 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Welcome to the Med in summer time!  

The best trivia session we ever on played was with children on board the Muse. We could actually answer a few questions!

Don't you mean, "with other children on board..."?

😉 

• Haha 2

You are KILLING me. You cannot trust anybody these days. And the craziness behind your evidence? That’s you in a nutshell, Stumblefoot!

Happy and healthy sailing!

Edited by markham
  • Haha 1

Please no killing, I was just giving an observation. I have seen no kids smoking.

I realize this is a different form of a "live from".  I am using a company called "Luggage Forward" to send my checked bag home at disembarkation. They are out of Boston. Then I won't have to worry about claiming it at JFK. Oh, for all of you who suggested wheelchair help, it is now in place at all 3 stops. I have to fly to AMS, then JFK, then home.

Let's hope it all goes according to plan.

Wish I could give you more port information but I have not been able to get off the ship.

Hope all of you in the states are having a Happy 4th.

• Like 7

Lois, I hope that your leg is slowly getting better, and that you are able to make it back home safely again.  Yes, it is a bummer that you didn't get to enjoy any of the ports, but I think you have made the best of a bad situation, by just putting your leg up, and enjoying as much of your cruise as you can under the circumstances.  Neil

3 hours ago, travelnap said:

Lois, I hope that your leg is slowly getting better, and that you are able to make it back home safely again.  Yes, it is a bummer that you didn't get to enjoy any of the ports, but I think you have made the best of a bad situation, by just putting your leg up, and enjoying as much of your cruise as you can under the circumstances.  Neil

Thanks Neil.

Today is Tuesday, July 5th and it is the only sea day on this sailing (although for me every day has been a sea day). It is cloudy outside. Most days have been sunny so this is a change.

I do want to give out BIG Kudos to the staff and crew as they have really gone out of their way to help me with multiple items. Normally I am very low maintenance but I have needed help with multiple things this cruise. Everyone has been kind and gracious.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Today is Tuesday, July 5th the only sea day on this sailing. It is cloudy outside. Most days have been sunny so this is a change. I do want to give out BIG Kudos to the staff and crew as they have   really gone out of their way to help me. Normally I am very low maintenance but I have needed help with multiple things this cruise. Everyone has been kind and gracious.

Great to hear from Lois as to how the Silversea staff has been super helpful and supportive.  Not surprised!!  Our experiences have been that we there is a real need, the staff responds accordingly.  Keep up the posts, letting us know any food highlights, etc.  Have your "dining desires" returned?