Almost Live from The DAWN, Barcelona round trip

Lois R

On 7/8/2022 at 5:48 PM, Lois R said:

The flight attendants on KLM were awesome though😀

Even when I flew with KLM in Economy, it was a very good flight and the flight attendants were very pleasant.  

Welcome Home, Lois!  

Edited by rkacruiser

Hi, went to the Dr this morning and after looking at the paperwork and test results I did not tear any ligaments. He said it is a muscle strain and should continue to heal on its own. To use the cane as needed and when I sitting in my lazy boy  I can continue to ice it. He said if I had torn something I would not be walking as I am.

I have a cruise booked for August 21st and he thinks it will be all healed by that time.

I know I said I would give a re cap and will get to it sometime this week.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Great news Lois!  Take it easy and Bon Voyage for your August cruise.

Thanks Jazz. He also said it is good thing I can partially walk on it. 

• Like 1

I am pleased to hear your encouraging news, Lois.  You are very fortunate that your injury is not more serious.  I have had heard that "pop" sound simply moving my knee and then feeling some pain.  It is a most worrisome noise!  

Lois I am sorry I haven't liked any of your posts but for 2 days although it says I have signed in at the top of the page I could not like or comment and at the bottom of the page it said i had to sign in but of course that bit didn't work.

At least I can now say thank goodness the damage wasn't as great as first feared. Loved the reports on the crew. Sounds good for when we board the Dawn in 4 weeks time.

I do hope your next cruise is a much better experience.

On 7/11/2022 at 2:37 PM, Lois R said:

He also said it is good thing I can partially walk on it. 

Any new updates from Lois?  Making progress in walking, feeling better?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Figured I have now been home for just over a week and would give a rap on my sailing. 

Yes, the crew went above and beyond for me on this cruise and I made sure to donate to the Crew Fund for them.  They deserve it.

As for the cruise itself, as most of you can read, it was definitely not a normal sailing for me. But there was a large amount of solo guests and I ate dinner with multiple different folks throughout (when I had an appetite). It was my first cruise ever that I actually skipped dinner twice and watched movies in my suite. No reason to be around people when the mood is not festive (My mood I should say). 

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them but I never got off the ship in ports so I can't give you any info about the places we stopped.

I will say I still have multiple cruises booked and going back on the Dawn in January is one of them.

Should give me a much more normal experience.

Terry, you typed that as I was typing this..........my leg is healing. I have multiple black and blue marks on the calf but around the house I don't need the cane but still walking more slowly than "normal".

Mother Nature will be the one who decides when it is all healed but yes, feeling better than 2 weeks ago, that is for sure. Thanks for asking.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

I still have multiple cruises booked and going back on the Dawn in January is one of them.  Should give me a much more normal experience.  Terry, you typed that as I was typing this..........my leg is healing. I have multiple black and blue marks on the calf but around the house I don't need the cane but still walking more slowly than "normal".

Great that your leg is healing.  Slowly?  Be patient and do not push the recovery too quickly.  

Future cruises?  What's planned?  Where headed?  What key, exciting, interesting ports/cities?

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:28 AM, TLCOhio said:

Great that your leg is healing.  Slowly?  Be patient and do not push the recovery too quickly.  

Future cruises?  What's planned?  Where headed?  What key, exciting, interesting ports/cities?

Hi Terry, I am going to Alaska next month with the land trip to Denali pre-cruise. It is my first time doing the land portion but my 5th time to Alaska over the years.

Then in October I am doing a cruise from Quebec City to New York on the New England itinerary. 

And I have a Caribbean cruise booked on the Dawn in January. 

• Like 4