Tested positive today, sail the 11th

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

I read that, but it really doesn't explain when, where, or how, just what document is needed to qualify for a refund. 

It depend s on the agent.  I have been asked to provide copies of the test in some instances in other instances they don't ask and just process the refund. 

52 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Royal will want to see a copy of the positive test.  I emailed a copy to my TA, and they handled it from there.

They don't always ask.  In all the refund request i have put through only about 25% have asked gor proof. 

What they have documented on their website doesn't help anyone who books directly. It is great that they have the process worked out for the TA's, but those of us who book directly would like that information as well.

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It depend s on the agent.  I have been asked to provide copies of the test in some instances in other instances they don't ask and just process the refund. 

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

What they have documented on their website doesn't help anyone who books directly. It is great that they have the process worked out for the TA's, but those of us who book directly would like that information as well.

It seems pretty self explanatory to me.  What is it that you don't understand?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, orville99 said:

As soon as you call in to tell them that you are positive they will walk you through it.  Can't get much simpler.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

It seems pretty self explanatory to me.  What is it that you don't understand?

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As soon as you call in to tell them that you are positive they will walk you through it.  Can't get much simpler.

Nowhere on their website do they say that you need to call, or where you need to call, what number you need to call,  or what you need to have access to when you call to execute the cancellation. What about that is so confusing to both of you.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Nowhere on their website do they say that you need to call, or where you need to call, what number you need to call,  or what you need to have access to when you call to execute the cancellation. What about that is so confusing to both of you.

The first link I gave you has the customer service number on the bottom.  Being a Crown and Anchor member, I would start with that number instead.

If you are cancelling a reservation, whether it is for covid or otherwise, you call the cruise line.  Not sure why you can't see that.

• Like 1

Going through this now: I'm supposed to be on Enchantment but someone tested positive 2 days before I was due to leave,, so nobody in the party can go..

Call your TA now and try to place a hold on a cabin 3+ months out. Tell them what's going on. Do an at-home test and immediately isolate. Call your doctor, tell them what's happening and schedule a PCR test. If the test is positive, you'll get a full refund from RC to use on that next cruise you have a hold on.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Simply call the number you call royal to book or call the Crown n anchor desk.     Tell them you tested positive and they will tell you what to do, if anything.  You can do this anytime before the cruise.  Doesn't have to be done 48 hrs prior, cwc is different than testing positive.

I just got through with paxlovid medicine and I now have rebound covid19! Fully vaccinated and double boosted!
Wife got covid19 on adventure May cruise. Tested negative 3 times prior to cruise.

I was fine, distanced from wife she did paxlovid medicine and recovered totally. I’m still dealing with it and it’s July.

From May to recovery and negative test to continue positive test again.   Doctors now saying many rebound covid19 after paxlovid medicine is being seen everywhere. Heavy chest and fatigued not fun.

• Like 1

You're vaccinated, right?  I mean, if you're about to board the ship, I assume you are.  The vaccine is supposed to make the virus more mild and faster, so you have that on your side.  Hope so anyway.  

Best wishes -- please do let us know what happens.  This is a concern for all of us these days.  

5 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

If you cruise frequently or intend to reschedule this cruise in the near future, it would be a good idea to get a PCR test showing a positive result now.  If you are one of the people who will test positive for a while (up to 90 days), that test and a Certificate of Recovery will get you on a ship, and can be used instead of a negative test for up to 90 days.

Agree completely- our nanny tested positive about 2 weeks prior to departure for our Mediterranean cruise last month.  Ultimately she got a Certificate of Recovery AND tested negative prior to sailing, but you never know.  Get your PCR now.

I feel your pain. My husband tested positive on a home test yesterday. Going to pharmacy today to get a test, not the PCR test, but the antigen test.

We are supposed to fly to London tomorrow, July 4 and cruise out of Southampton on July 8. We don't know exactly when his symptoms started as he's been dealing with linger effects from bronchitis from early June. 

I doubt he will get a negative by Thursday (would give us enough time to fly there).  Plus also we have the Health Questionnaire to deal with which asks if anyone in the party has been positive in the last 10 days.  

The ironic thing is that he feels better now than he did when he had full blown bronchitis. 

hope everything works out for you. Just sharing my experience in case it is helpful to anyone.  We were to sail on the Oasis June 17. Tested on June 15 - and were stunned when my son tested positive. He never had any symptoms. So I called 1-866-562-7625. Told the rep that he had tested positive and that we needed to cancel our two cabins. The only question she asked was if the people in the two cabins were all in the same household - which was a yes. She said that I could expect a follow up email from the back office with instructions, but it may be awhile depending on how busy they are. Said we would have our refund within 30 days. I asked, but there was no cancellation number of confirmation. Made me a little nervous. No email ever came, but 10 days later, the full refund hit my credit card. I was so relieved, especially since I kept receiving notifications from the app during the week as if we were on the ship😊.

• Like 1