Current list of which ships have been Revolutionized?

JSR

HI I tries searching for the answer unsuccessfully. Does anyone have a list of which ships have actually been revolutionized that they can share? Also, a list of upcoming, if any, ships which are scheduled to be revolutionized in the near future?

Thank you

3 minutes ago, JSR said:

HI I tries searching for the answer unsuccessfully. Does anyone have a list of which ships have actually been revolutionized that they can share? Also, a list of upcoming, if any, ships which are scheduled to be revolutionized in the near future?

Thank you

M class, Summit and Millennium 

S class, Silhouette full upgrade, Equinox partial upgrade (I can give more information if you require, have cruised both).

As far as I know that is it. Someone reported a few weeks ago that there are some maintenance slots booked in but these could just be routine rather than upgrade…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chemmo said:

S class, Silhouette full upgrade, Equinox partial upgrade (I can give more information if you require, have cruised both).

As far as I know that is it. Someone reported a few weeks ago that there are some maintenance slots booked in but these could just be routine rather than upgrade…

Our next cruise is on the Equinox, I would love to hear about the upgrades, Thanks!

Edited by bluecruisin

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

We will be on Equinox in October.  I would love to hear about the upgrade. Thanks. 
Sheila

44 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We will be on Equinox in October.  I would love to hear about the upgrade. Thanks. 
Sheila

Some rooms (not all) had new bedding and furnishings, some balcony furnishings were replaced. Carpets and curtains remained the same.

The Solstice deck (high forward) deck was turned into a suite deck. Nice furnishings but no water feature and limited shade.

This was the upgrade which was limited. 

• Thanks 1

The revolutionizing of the ships was stopped when the pandemic hit.  There has been time line announced to restart the revolutionizing process.  The only published schedule is for the regular maintenance.  

With the amount of debt taken on during the pandemic and the slow start to cruising  I thing it will be awhile before they will be spending a few hundred million on revolutionizing ships.  

24 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Thanks I sail her in September. After my Infinity surprise this past week I would like to know what I am getting into! 

Would you elaborate on your Infinity surprise as I booked but reconsidering on the Infinity

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Some rooms (not all) had new bedding and furnishings, some balcony furnishings were replaced. Carpets and curtains remained the same.

The Solstice deck (high forward) deck was turned into a suite deck. Nice furnishings but no water feature and limited shade.

This was the upgrade which was limited. 

Michaels Club was also completely redone to now be called The Retreat.  

2 hours ago, smmountaingal said:

When is the Reflection schedule for upgrade?

We cruise on the Reflection next month and looking forward to being on her. The best estimate I have heard about continuing the Revolutionizing is, if they do restart, it will be late 2024 or 2025. We cruised in a Sky Suite last August on the Equinox and from talking with senior officers she is not going to get the total refurb that she didn't get in 2019. Equinox has the same Luminae, Retreat Lounge and Retreat Sun deck as the other Revolutionized ships in the fleet. What the Equinox didn't get was the complete make overs of the Suites and Verandah cabins. Our Sky Suite was very nice, but the furniture was somewhat tired and threadworm, but the rest of the ship and Retreat was fantastic.

There has been a lot of talk and speculation on CC that the two unrevolutionized M class ships, Infinity and Constellation, will be sold off by Celebrity before they get Revolutionized. If that happens that would leave only Reflection, Solstice and Eclipse needing to be Revolutionized.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The revolutionizing of the ships was stopped when the pandemic hit.  There has been time line announced to restart the revolutionizing process.  The only published schedule is for the regular maintenance.  

With the amount of debt taken on during the pandemic and the slow start to cruising  I thing it will be awhile before they will be spending a few hundred million on revolutionizing ships.  

Did you mean to write that there has been no time line announced?

4 hours ago, smmountaingal said:

When is the Reflection schedule for upgrade?

I have read on other threads that the Reflection is going into dry dock for 2 weeks in ? Oct ? Of this year and will have soft surfaces replaced (chairs, sofas, carpet etc) - not revolutionized but revitalized. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

Michaels Club was also completely redone to now be called The Retreat.  

Forgot that! We were on it very early after the upgrade. Some of the furnishings were rather odd, much more comfortable on Silhouette.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Host Anne said:

We're sailing Equinox in a few weeks and I'll try to post a LIVE FROM thread.  

Look forward to following…A few months yet until our next cruise….

Equinox Passport bar area got new carpet and new furniture. MIchael's was redone and named the Retreat Lounge. The Retreat Sun deck has no bar, no water feature and is not handicap accessible. Little shade. 

18 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We have reserved the Royal Suite #1239 on Equinox. Haven’t sailed on Celebrity in more than 10 years. I would love to hear comments on this. Thanks 

Sheila

Any Suite on any Celebrity ship is better than any cabin on any other cruise line. The Equinox has enough of the revolutionizing to be a great experience. A Royal Suite is something we can only dream about, but the Sky Suites we now book exclusively takes care of us beyond our expectations. You will have a great cruise. Next June we booked the Equinox in a Sky Suite, and we are taking our 12-year-old granddaughter with us.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We have reserved the Royal Suite #1239  on Equinox. Haven’t sailed on Celebrity in more than 10 years. I would love to hear comments on this. Thanks 

Sheila

We were in a RS after the Revolution, the Autumn before lockdown. The suite looked fresh with new bedding and new sofa and chair. Carpet and curtains remaining the same (good condition). It is a well designed room, no issues with layout, storage etc. Our only real gripe re the room was the balcony furnishings. Two recliner chairs with footstools with no cushioning. Whilst they looked nice they were no where near as comfortable as the previous rattan furnishings. Outside table chairs also  had no cushions. To be fair there were loads of cushions in the suite but none really fitted comfortably or safely on the recliner chairs. 

The lounge deck was an asset. Comfortable furnishings and excellent beverage service. There was a  snack menu which was also nice. Unfortunately it is both hot and breezy with limited shade and has no water feature. The newly refurbished Retreat lounge had some odd sized chairs and some rather sharp cornered low tables. Service very good.

The highlight of the cruise for us was the unlimited speciality dining. Both Murano and Tuscan were outstanding on this cruise in terms of food quality and service level…

Hope you enjoy…

Just wanted to add my two cents about ship's conditions on this thread as it is related IMHO.  Just because a ship has not been revolutionized does not mean it is in bad shape.  For example, while Connie's updating was postponed there was a lot of work done on her to update her look.  Many of the rugs and upholstery was updated and while I can't swear to it, it felt like new mattresses were installed.  I think the biggest impact for non-revolutionized sailings is for suite passengers.  There will be no Retreat Deck and Michaels Club will not be remodeled (although honestly as regards Michaels I think that is a plus rather than a minus - much prefer the more comfortable club like atmosphere to the revolutionized hospital operating room feeling)

• Like 1

It was a number of years ago. I was in MC on Millie before covid and before being revolutionized. I sat down in my normal area and started to cross my legs and put my foot on the corner of the chair across from me. My 1st thought was (Richard you dont put your foot on furniture). But as I looked at the chair and that corner of the chair was thread worn. I still did not put my foot on the corner of the chair. It made me smile and feel at home. To me that is the feeling you should have when in MC or The Retreat. Over the revolutionized hospital operating room feeling.

We were just on Millie in a suite last month. The Retreat was nicer and the furniture was more conformable that I thought it would be. I still think that chairs should have armrests. Except in the Sky Suites where the chair will not slide under the deck because of the arms on the chair.