In room slippers?

Kate-in-Canada

Hi all,

fine tuning my packing list for Alaska in a couple weeks.

normally for travel I would pack a pair of light slides to wear back and forth to pool and spa. However, I don’t foresee using the pool a lot. Maybe hot tub once or twice. And only one spa trip as the spa prices are quite high.

id like to save space and not take and pool footwear…but if I do go to hot tub I don’t want to be clinking down in my hiking shoes. 
does celebrity provide in room slippers and if so, would that would be sufficient for to and from hot tub?

also, are robes provided in all classes of rooms? Again for purpose of back and forth to hot tub…

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Robes are provided for all cabins.  I’m not sure about slippers.  I know that Aqua Class and Suites get slipper, not sure about other categories.  Hoping some one else will chime in.

No slippers in Concierge and lower category.  Room steward always brought them on request.  The robes except in higher categories are very light weight.  DW uses a long tshirt type coverup

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

I would not recommend walking around the pool area with the slippers that are provided.  They were helpful to walk around the stateroom but they do not have much a sole with traction, so you could easily slip. 

• Like 2

Aqua and Suites received slippers. All others don't. The slippers are terry cloth uppers with a rubberish bottom and are one size fits almost no one. Men and women received the same size slippers. Robes are provided in all cabins. Concierge, Aqua and suites receive a terry plush robe and all others receive a waffle knit robe. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8352cfcaa91c676b10165f551838c5a2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ea73d62156954a734542b56e786ff9d9.jpeg

Edited by Luvcrusn

@luvcrusen We were in a sky suite and the slippers in your photo are not the ones that we received in our staterooms.  The ones given to us were very thin and made of a nylon type material.  I am jealous of yours 🙂 

Edited by Plaidlulu

43 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Aqua and Suites received slippers. All others don't. The slippers are terry cloth uppers with a rubberish bottom and are one size fits almost no one. Men and women received the same size slippers. Robes are provided in all cabins. Concierge, Aqua and suites receive a terry plush robe and all others receive a waffle knit robe. 

thank you.  Good to know.  I’m in ocean view hoping for a move up bid accepted for aqua class.  So I guess no slippers for now..

plan B I guess might buying some cHeap flip flops on arrival in Vancouver.

Anyone else struggle with reasonable packing when doing a land and cruise tour, 14 days in both hot and cold and rainy climate with both outdoor active excursions, causal and formal wear needed on a ship with no self service laundry?!

I feel like I will be facing an overweight bag or spending a small fortune on ships Service laundry..

🙃

26 minutes ago, Plaidlulu said:

@luvcrusen We were in a sky suite and the slippers in your photo are not the ones that we received in our staterooms.  The ones given to us were very thin and made of a nylon type material.  I am jealous of yours 🙂 

Agree!  We were just on the Millennium in Aqua Class, and the slippers were basically paper!  VERY different quality from past pre-covid Aqua Class sailings.  

• Like 1

I would definitely not recommend wearing those slippers to the pool or hot tub.  A cheap pair of flipflops from the dollar store will take up virtually no room in your luggage.

As for packing, no formal wear required.  The key to Alaska is LAYERS.  The first time I went to Alaska, I took tons of sweaters, many of which I never wore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I would definitely not recommend wearing those slippers to the pool or hot tub.  A cheap pair of flipflops from the dollar store will take up virtually no room in your luggage.

As for packing, no formal wear required.  The key to Alaska is LAYERS.  The first time I went to Alaska, I took tons of sweaters, many of which I never wore.

formal wear isn’t required, but  I would like to dress up for chic nights. After 2 years of events being cancelled, I was looking forward to it.  Plus, in my pre cruise stay at the Fairmont in van, I have a formal events as well. Part of the packing dilemma is that I am doing more than just the 7 day cruise.

well, cheap pair picked up after flights may be the best solution. 

8 minutes ago, Kate-in-Canada said:

thank you.  Good to know.  I’m in ocean view hoping for a move up bid accepted for aqua class.  So I guess no slippers for now..

plan B I guess might buying some cHeap flip flops on arrival in Vancouver.

Anyone else struggle with reasonable packing when doing a land and cruise tour, 14 days in both hot and cold and rainy climate with both outdoor active excursions, causal and formal wear needed on a ship with no self service laundry?!

I feel like I will be facing an overweight bag or spending a small fortune on ships Service laundry..

🙃

Re slippers, we have had the same as Luvcrusn and nice as they look they are dangerous unless they fit snuggly. Perhaps someone can suggest what size they are. I could have fitted both feet in one slipper!

Re packing. Honestly we have done trips like yours and managed fine with luggage. Layers  to cope with the weather, avoid fabrics like denim which hold water and take ages to dry. Then take five light weight tops and 2 x skirts or trousers that gives you 10 casual outfits. Choose them carefully and with a bit of bling or a pretty scarf or two and the same outfits will look lovely in the evenings. No formal nights anymore, you will be fine for every event. Just avoid fabrics that crease. Easy to rinse through a few pairs of undies if you need to or look out for the ‘stuff everything in a bag’ washing offer mid cruise…

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

I received those I pictured in Aqua class aboard Equinox in November/ December 2021. They were still in the package since they're huge on me (size 8 womens) and don't fit DH either. The bottoms are very thin. 

They are very cheap and as others have stated it is one size fits all.    They are very large.   Basically useless.

As suggested get buy a pair of flip flops.   I like the kind that doesn’t have the strap between the toes.    I can wear  them without taking my socks off when  lounging in the cabin or balcony.    My wife the fashion enforcer wouldn’t allow me to wear socks outside the cabin with flip flops 7

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

No slippers in Concierge and lower category.  Room steward always brought them on request.  The robes except in higher categories are very light weight.  DW uses a long tshirt type coverup

We had slippers on Beyond concierge class last month. We didn't use them. I have nice flip-flops and DH always has his trainers on.  The robes were good quality thick towelling 

Edited by sgmn

17 hours ago, Plaidlulu said:

We never recd nice looking  slippers like that.. just thin slip.ons made of  terry cloth material..thin non slip sole and quite narrow..we throw them out.

Suggest OP bring along a pair of flip flops for pool, solarium and shower. They pack easily

Robes  are for in rm use after showering or while dressing..Some do wear themout of the rm but they stand out as a bit odd!  For spa treatments..they supply a robe.

Suggest op bring a pool coverup for use at pool and hot tubs. Lightweight ones pack easily and dry nice after use.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Robes  are for in rm use after showering or while dressing..Some do wear themout of the rm but they stand out as a bit odd!  For spa treatments..they supply a robe.

Suggest op bring a pool coverup for use at pool and hot tubs. Lightweight ones pack easily and dry nice after use.

Nothing worse than an old guy wearing only his tighty whiteys and the robe to the buffet. Oh wait yes there is .. laying by the pool in same old style white cotton undies with the little openings.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Nothing worse than an old guy wearing only his tighty whiteys and the robe to the buffet. Oh wait yes there is .. laying by the pool in same old style white cotton undies with the little openings.

Why do the largest men (weight wise) always wear the smallest swim trunks??

1 minute ago, emmas gran said:

Why do the largest men (weight wise) always wear the smallest swim trunks??

I see where you're coming from.  Consider elderly women wearing bikinis a couple sizes too large for them.

I’m 5 foot nothing, size O in the USA, shoe size 36 in Europe (sorry I can’t convert these to one continent). The terry robes are huge on me and drag on the ground. The slippers, as another poster commented, I can fit both feet into one. 

I request on every questionnaire that they make at least two different sizes of robes and slippers available. Over 50 cruises on around eight cruise lines over several years. Nothing has changed. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

I’m 5 foot nothing, size O in the USA, shoe size 36 in Europe (sorry I can’t convert these to one continent). The terry robes are huge on me and drag on the ground. The slippers, as another poster commented, I can fit both feet into one. 

I request on every questionnaire that they make at least two different sizes of robes and slippers available. Over 50 cruises on around eight cruise lines over several years. Nothing has changed. 

I am the other poster who could fit both feet into one slipper…After multiple world wide tours we have come to the conclusion that robes and slippers are designed for 5’10” stick insects world wide…

Just don’t worry about it any more, even if they offer 2 x sizes I can guarantee that us elfin characters will still have slippers and robes that drown us….

3 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I am the other poster who could fit both feet into one slipper…After multiple world wide tours we have come to the conclusion that robes and slippers are designed for 5’10” stick insects world wide…

Just don’t worry about it any more, even if they offer 2 x sizes I can guarantee that us elfin characters will still have slippers and robes that drown us….

PS I am more of a Hobbit shape than an elf shape so even if they reduce the length of robes and slippers the width may then be a challenge….