CDC ends all restrictions as of July 18th (TODAY!!)

3 hours ago, pcur said:

I use telehealth proctor tests with my iphone.  Usually, from my hotel room.

Yes...We have also but using our laptop in a hotel room. The worry has been trying to keep the tests uncompromised in our carry on. So far we've wrapped them in bubble wrap and treated that backpack with kid gloves during our flights !

Just now, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Ugh.  The flu I had in 2009 was the most miserable I'd ever been.  I'm sorry it found you on vacation.  😞

Not only did it find my husband (thankfully, the Medical Center put me on Tamiflu prophylactically and I didn't catch it), but it also found 80 other passengers.  That's the count that was given to the CDC.  I'm sure there were loads of others, but they weren't counted or quarantined if they didn't visit the Medical Center.  

• Thanks 1

Just a suggestion... before you go make sure your immune system is as robust as possible.  Take lots of vitamin C, zinc and vitamin D starting at least a week or two before you leave.  Take this throughout your cruise.  I always take these (and many other suppliments for my immune system) no matter what on a daily basis and eat healthy until the minute I step on that ship.  My father in law, who was 75 at the time, started to get sick on the second day of our cruise one year.  I gave him lots of vitamin C and he was able to shake it in about a day.  Things go around on ships all the time and there is always a chance of getting sick.   You will probably survive but who wants to spend thousands of dollars to be sick for a week. It isn't 100% but you will definately lower your chances of getting ill while you are on vacation.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Azamara dropped testing kept vaccine requirememt as of July 26 

We are sailing on Azamara the end of August in Northern Europe and just got an email about this. Certain embarkation ports , (not where we’re sailing) but Athens and some of the Asian and Australian ports still require testing. I’m very happy not to have to get tested when I get to Copenhagen. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs.Dukes said:

We are sailing on Azamara the end of August in Northern Europe and just got an email about this. Certain embarkation ports , (not where we’re sailing) but Athens and some of the Asian and Australian ports still require testing. I’m very happy not to have to get tested when I get to Copenhagen. 

Nice, hoping for the same.  We sail out of CPH on Aug 11.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Just a suggestion... before you go make sure your immune system is as robust as possible.  Take lots of vitamin C, zinc and vitamin D starting at least a week or two before you leave.  Take this throughout your cruise.  I always take these (and many other suppliments for my immune system) no matter what on a daily basis and eat healthy until the minute I step on that ship.  My father in law, who was 75 at the time, started to get sick on the second day of our cruise one year.  I gave him lots of vitamin C and he was able to shake it in about a day.  Things go around on ships all the time and there is always a chance of getting sick.   You will probably survive but who wants to spend thousands of dollars to be sick for a week. It isn't 100% but you will definately lower your chances of getting ill while you are on vacation.

I would add easy on the sugar. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kdnurs said:

My husband's worst nightmare...We too have been Covid free for just as long if not longer and have a cruise coming up soon...He is nervous about it and I, wellll let's just say realllllly want to go but have SLIGHT reservations about it and that we too will bring home a souvenir😏

Feel better soon!!!

I got covid for the first time in June, not sure what variant but I picked it up in Vegas (I actually think I got it from my friend who was traveling with me, she is a nurse)

I had a mild-moderate case of it...the fatigue you feel before it is the real deal, I think I slept for like a whole day before my other symptoms started...after that I had a high fever for a day which I had to control by alternating tylenol and ibuprofen and then after the fever portion of covid, I got the covid cough which stuck around for 2 weeks. Amazingly enough, my husband wore a KN95 the whole time when he was around me and we slept in different rooms and he never got it (We tested him periodically) 

I am so glad I am vaccinated because who knows how bad it could have been. And even though supposedly I have high antibodies now, I am still taking precautions as one never knows. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I got covid for the first time in June, not sure what variant but I picked it up in Vegas (I actually think I got it from my friend who was traveling with me, she is a nurse)

I had a mild-moderate case of it...the fatigue you feel before it is the real deal, I think I slept for like a whole day before my other symptoms started...after that I had a high fever for a day which I had to control by alternating tylenol and ibuprofen and then after the fever portion of covid, I got the covid cough which stuck around for 2 weeks. Amazingly enough, my husband wore a KN95 the whole time when he was around me and we slept in different rooms and he never got it (We tested him periodically) 

I am so glad I am vaccinated because who knows how bad it could have been. And even though supposedly I have high antibodies now, I am still taking precautions as one never knows. 

Do you have underlying conditions that might have made it worse? So many have just gotten nothing and then there are others that just linger. I wonder if normal viruses and illnesses do that also to those same people. 

1 minute ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Do you have underlying conditions that might have made it worse? So many have just gotten nothing and then there are others that just linger. I wonder if normal viruses and illnesses do that also to those same people. 

No. I am 34 years old, married, no kids, BMI is 26.6 (slightly overweight, still working on it, curse of being short), I do walk around 3 miles a day, eat as healthy as I can, maybe a drink or two on the weekends, etc.  

I am not a doctor, a scientist, or anything like that. I put my trust in medical professionals who have more education and knowledge than me. So I can't really comment on the workings of viruses and illnesses, that is not my expertise. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Easy solution there, remove Bermuda as a cruise stop until they play ball. The cruise lines aren't powerless anymore. They want the dollars, they fall in line like everyone else. They can probably get that BS "travel authorization" reduced to $4-$5 PP rolled into port fees and get testing requirements removed as well. Two birds, one stone. Some of these locations have tried to take advantage while the chips were down. Turnabout is fair play.   

mic drop!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elismoots said:

I'm a Canadian who just returned from a 9 day cruise on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas on Saturday. My spouse and I are double vaccinated with 2 boosters. We had a negative PCR test upon embarkation. On the day following the cruise, we discovered we had an unwelcome souvenir from our trip. We both woke up ill and using a home covid test found we both had covid. After dodging the bullet for 28 months and taking a chance on a twice delayed cruise booking, we got nailed by the virus

We went to Barbados in April and came back safe and sound. Two weeks later we went to the Jays game in Toronto and had Covid 4 days later.  With the current spread rate it is inevitable that you will get it. Be thankful you returned home before the random testing at airports came back into effect. Even with you staying home, it is one less headache to deal with if you tested positive through the airport testing. 

Hopefully you do as best as possible with it and feel better soon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jerseygirl629 said:

Our cruise is August 12th and I am now very anxious about what will happen. I hope they keep both the vaccine and pre-cruise testing requirements as it is a sense of security.

sense of security???  more like a sense of extreme stress from wondering if we will test positive at the last minute.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, crazyank said:

sense of security???  more like a sense of extreme stress from wondering if we will test positive at the last minute.

You sound like not knowing will somehow make the virus go away. 

Let's think logically:  

- If you are positive, you are positive -- whether you test or not.  

- If you're positive, you totally have my sympathy, but going onboard a ship and being in close quarters with a bunch of other people -- knowing you could infect those people -- isn't a smart or kind choice.  

- If you didn't test and didn't know you're positive, you risk really getting sick a day or two into the cruise.  By knowing you're infected, you can avoid quarantine. 

• Like 6