Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

2 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Who says it doesn't go to Galveston? 🙂

I don't buy into a 3/4 night debut for Utopia. Sorry. I have no evidence to prove my believe so time will tell.

Harmony is already scheduled for Galveston. 

As mentioned, almost everything points to Utopia heading to PC for the 3/4 night sailings.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I don't buy into a 3/4 night debut for Utopia. Sorry. I have no evidence to prove my believe so time will tell.

Do you really believe that they would add Utopia to Galveston along with Harmony and Mariner

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Harmony is already scheduled for Galveston. 

As mentioned, almost everything points to Utopia heading to PC for the 3/4 night sailings.  

Who says Galveston cannot have 2 Oasis class ships?

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Do you really believe that they would add Utopia to Galveston along with Harmony and Mariner

Yes. It could happen.

Galveston is the 4th largest U.S. cruise port and is growing. Royal has invested a lot of money down there.

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Prime Saturday and Sunday berths are filled at Miami, Ft Lauderdale and PC.  No ship doing 3/4 day sailings from PC from mid July onward, Royal is not about to abandon that market.  All the signs point to Utopia doing the 3/4 day sailings. 

What about the possibility of flipping schedules between ships.  Put Utopia on 7 nights, and use a ship that was originally doing 7, to now move to the 3/4 night rotation.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NightOne said:

Yes. It could happen.

Galveston is the 4th largest U.S. cruise port and is growing. Royal has invested a lot of money down there.

And Port Canaveral is now #1. Allure is commanding high prices for her sailings starting later this year, so there is no reason for them to decrease capacity. 

Utopia makes the most sense, and is the only Oasis Class ship available to take her spot when Allure moves to Miami. It is abundantly clear Royal is trying to attract young families and those who haven’t cruised. Utopia will dominate that market.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rockmom said:

What about the possibility of flipping schedules between ships.  Put Utopia on 7 nights, and use a ship that was originally doing 7, to now move to the 3/4 night rotation.  

They just released the schedules for the other Oasis Class ships a few weeks back. Why would they go through the hassle of switching? They also purposely have Allure moving in July, an odd time for a homeport change unless it happens to line up with a new ship debut 🤔

• Like 3

On 3/5/2023 at 8:40 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Anthem, Utopia, Serenade WC segments, Jewel Aug 22 through November 2024 are all being waited on.  No firm release dates

I figured out today that Jewel hasn’t been released as I was looking for a B2B on her.  We know she’s doing a TA but when is the question. 

25 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I doubt that,  These new itineraries were just released, they knew Utopia was coming.  They would have just left an empty berth for her as they did the Icon if they were going that route

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

I for one hope you are wrong😇

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I for one hope you are wrong😇

I hope those that say it is going to debut with 3/4 night cruises are wrong. LOL

As long as it is a Florida or Gulf port and 7-8 days I'm not horribly concerned with where it ports.

I do wish they would release the itineraries and open bookings already. 🙂

Edited by NightOne
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, soremekun said:

Utopia to Boston (months of April - September).  You heard it here first.

Gotta post with confidence and authority.

It's too early in the season to be sailing to Canada and too far for the Bahamas or Bermuda.

17 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

With Icon not doing any European sailings why wouldn’t they keep Utopia in Europe for the summer season? Why would they do a mid summer TA? I believe they have had two oasis class ships in the Mediterranean at the same time before.

Where would Utopia operate from? I think the only Oasis class capable ports are those used currently. 

16 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Where would Utopia operate from? I think the only Oasis class capable ports are those used currently. 

Maybe from Rome and do away with the interporting?

There are also a few ports that can handle O-class that aren't on the regular 7-night route but which show up sometimes on the TAs. Malaga and Valencia are two of them, I think, just off the top of my head. So there could be the potential for different itineraries.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

I think 10 day itineraries on an oasis class ship in Europe for the summer would have great appeal - especially if it were on Utopia and they were adding in a couple of new ports not normally on the oasis class Europe runs.

It would be excellent. I’ve always considered 7 days to be too short. The pricing would be scary though. I was looking for a week on Oasis for Summer 2024. A 1A category room for 2 adults and 2 children is 8k euro.

34 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

It would be excellent. I’ve always considered 7 days to be too short. The pricing would be scary though. I was looking for a week on Oasis for Summer 2024. A 1A category room for 2 adults and 2 children is 8k euro.

we are also monitoring prices for Summer  2024  and they are a Joke. 

may have to jump ship ( pun intended ) and try another line.

41 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I dread to think, based on the prices currently showing. You'd probably need to mortgage your house. 😱

• Haha 1