Everyone is finally getting back to cruising! When is your next cruise?

rrraydon

When is your next cruise? What ship? Where are you going?

Lots of us haven't been back on a ship in so long!! It's been since way before covid for me and I'm dying to get back on a ship. I love getting on CC and hearing about the fabulous time others are having on their cruise. The problem with that is it makes the waiting all the more tedious. 

I'm finally so close now!! I leave on the Oasis next month and I can't wait to check out CoCo Caye. I haven't been there in years and I'm anxious to see how RCI has turned it in to a paradise.

When is your next cruise?

19 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Lots of us haven't been back on a ship in so long!! It's been since way before covid for me and I'm dying to get back on a ship. I love getting on CC and hearing about the fabulous time others are having on their cruise. The problem with that is it makes the waiting all the more tedious. 

I'm finally so close now!! I leave on the Oasis next month and I can't wait to check out CoCo Caye. I haven't been there in years and I'm anxious to see how RCI has turned it in to a paradise.

When is your next cruise?

Recently finished the last two segments of Oceania’s ATW cruise (did 6 weeks ARN-LIS-NYC) and this autumn will do 7 weeks on Oceania Marina (BCN-FCO-MIA) with a brief land stay pre-cruise. Usually, we also do post cruise land stays too - except for MIA (in which we have zero interest). 

• Like 1

After my 2018 Caribbean Cruise, I had jury duty, was laid off, but that turned into a job relocation from California to Texas and Covid which resulted in one-too-many 12+ hour workdays at work. I was ready for a 10 Night Caribbean Cruise that was booked as revenge for work having me work throughout my birthday week off due to a major upgrade. Alas, that blew up in my face when my mother had some medical issue, and can no longer take a cruise. I'm hoping to make it up next spring as a solo cruise. 

1 minute ago, Z'Loth said:

After my 2018 Caribbean Cruise, I had jury duty, was laid off, but that turned into a job relocation from California to Texas and Covid which resulted in one-too-many 12+ hour workdays at work. I was ready for a 10 Night Caribbean Cruise that was booked as revenge for work having me work throughout my birthday week off due to a major upgrade. Alas, that blew up in my face when my mother had some medical issue, and can no longer take a cruise. I'm hoping to make it up next spring as a solo cruise. 

Thinking good thoughts for you.

Can’t begin to tell you how many NorCal folks I know who found themselves stuck with a relocation to Texas. Most decided to move to other jobs or retire early rather than make that move. And sadly, those who really hated the move found that real estate prices here rose so much that they couldn’t come back (unless they were ready to downsize in a significant way).

7 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I’ve got land travel planned for the next several months, but keeping options open - only sure thing is short Oceania run from NY to Bermuda next summer.

During covid we did land vacations also. I started looking at cruises over 4th of July weekend and just started booking one after another! 😄 My first one (in quite a few years) is next month. I booked one foe January, March, June and Oct next year too. 

I messaged my TA today about booking the Sunshine in November with my granddaughter, she hasn't been on a cruise before so I thought we'd do a short one in a spa cabin.

Just now, Flatbush Flyer said:

Can’t begin to tell you how many NorCal folks I know who found themselves stuck with a relocation to Texas. Most decided to move to other jobs or retire early rather than make that move. And sadly, those who really hated the move found that real estate prices here rose so much that they couldn’t come back (unless they were ready to downsize in a significant way).

Then, I'm lucky then. Having lived in Sacramento for 41 years, I had seen many changes to the state. I've been wanting to move out for over a decade, and that opportunity came at the end of 2018. I ended up in the DFW area which has better career opportunities and travel opportunities. (Damn Covid!) I also purchased a home before the prices spiked, and was able to refinance at a low fixed rate. I'm very happy here, and have no desire to move back. 

Waitasec... didn't we have this conversation already? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Have cruised 5 times (RCI) since January...Just got home from our Arctic Circle last week and will be sailing again to Alaska in September and Panama Canal in October.

The Arctic Circle sounds fascinating. How did you like it?

Thanks for asking!  I'm FINALLY getting excited about our first cruise since way before the virus hysteria.  End of September, Quebec to Boston, NCL Pearl.  I've been reluctant to look forward to a cruise in the face of so many bookings, cancellations, rebookings.  I found all that extremely depressing.  But I think this cruise just might happen and I can't wait.  We snagged an aft-facing balcony and are looking forward to a lovely week on a cruise ship.  Another week without a cancellation notice and I just might start to put my packing list together.  Many cruises booked after that all the way through 2023. 

1 hour ago, Z'Loth said:

Then, I'm lucky then. Having lived in Sacramento for 41 years, I had seen many changes to the state. I've been wanting to move out for over a decade, and that opportunity came at the end of 2018. I ended up in the DFW area which has better career opportunities and travel opportunities. (Damn Covid!) I also purchased a home before the prices spiked, and was able to refinance at a low fixed rate. I'm very happy here, and have no desire to move back. 

Waitasec... didn't we have this conversation already? 

U-haul smallest truck, one-way:

Dallas to Sacramento: $1,458

Sacramento to DAlla's: $4,457

I think the masses are with you.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Thanks for asking!  I'm FINALLY getting excited about our first cruise since way before the virus hysteria.  End of September, Quebec to Boston, NCL Pearl.  I've been reluctant to look forward to a cruise in the face of so many bookings, cancellations, rebookings.  I found all that extremely depressing.  But I think this cruise just might happen and I can't wait.  We snagged an aft-facing balcony and are looking forward to a lovely week on a cruise ship.  Another week without a cancellation notice and I just might start to put my packing list together.  Many cruises booked after that all the way through 2023. 

I love the aft facing balconies! The only downside for me was a 14 day on the Pride and our AC wasn't working up to par and the sun beating into the cabin was making it super hot...but man that view!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rrraydon said:

End of December, HAL Koningsdam, Sea of Cortex B2B in same Vista Suite with Mexican Riviera. Like @jsn55 have had many rebookings after our March 2020 So.Pacific cancellation. The FCC is set to expire end of this year. We normally do not travel in a suite of any kind, but the Vista Suite was a way to "burn" the FCC on a shorter cruise, and the B2B in a suite doubles our Mariner points putting us in the next Loyalty level (4 star).

It's starting to feel like this one is actually going to happen!

• Like 2

I have also been on several cruises since the "re start" last summer..........5 of them and will be leaving on Sunday for another one. Going on a pre cruise land trip to Denali first and then a cruise to Alaska.

And I have another one booked for a New England itinerary in October.

I think that the OP overstated his thread title:  Everyone is getting back to cruising.  While I'm not among them, I knew quite a few frequent cruisers who are still hesitant to board a sailing.  The relaxed regs for safety and behavior on board will turn into more reasons to delay sailing for these folk.

We're looking forward to an 18 night B2B on Celebrity Equinox starting next week!

Our last completed cruise was in 2018, Boston to Montreal

In 2019, we did a land trip instead of a cruise, Peru including Machu  Picchu.

In 2020, we had a Norwegian fjords cruise out of London (Southampton) booked, but of course it never happened.

For a while now we have a cruise booked for August next year as we fell in love with the itinerary, the Norwegian Prima from London (Southampton) to Reykjavik with ports in Amsterdam, Brugge (Belgium), Bergen and then 2 fjord ports in Norway, and finally 3 Iceland ports ending with an overnight in Reykjavik. Our wedding anniversary will fall on a sea day between Norway and Iceland.

11 hours ago, evandbob said:

I think that the OP overstated his thread title:  Everyone is getting back to cruising.  While I'm not among them, I knew quite a few frequent cruisers who are still hesitant to board a sailing.  The relaxed regs for safety and behavior on board will turn into more reasons to delay sailing for these folk.

We're looking forward to an 18 night B2B on Celebrity Equinox starting next week!

We got back to cruising large ships from US ports in late ‘21 and again earlier this year. We’re hesitant to book more now that there is no pre-cruise testing and no vaccination requirements.  

1 hour ago, CPT Trips said:

We got back to cruising large ships from US ports in late ‘21 and again earlier this year. We’re hesitant to book more now that there is no pre-cruise testing and no vaccination requirements.  

It is kinda like a catch-22.  We want a return to normal so all the extra precautions aren't needed.  When they start to move towards normal we worry about lack of precautions.   Seems to be a natural thing to do for a lot of us.     

We are still waiting.  While some cruises are inching towards something we would enjoy they aren't there yet.  I don't want to have to jump through any more hoops than a land vacation would require.  I also want there to be a long enough time after the lifting of protocols to ensure they won't suddenly pop back up.  

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

We are still waiting.  While some cruises are inching towards something we would enjoy they aren't there yet.  I don't want to have to jump through any more hoops than a land vacation would require.  I also want there to be a long enough time after the lifting of protocols to ensure they won't suddenly pop back up.  

I get it. I’m hoping by my cruise next month RCI will drop all precruise testing…sick of the testing. 

RCI still has precruise testing from the ports I leave from.