Elite Boarding

cruisepest

33 minutes ago, bobloblaw007 said:

Do Platinum members have a separate line or are they bundled with the "elite boarding status" priority check in line mentioned above?

They are bundled with the Elites for check in & boarding.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cruisepest said:

Does Princess still have the Elite and Suite Boarding line?

Can you tell its been 3 years since we sailed?

Yup.  If you're leaving from Pier 27, Elite/Platinum board right after ADA passengers.
But sometimes the part-time staffing on the pier don't really know and they'll put Platinum and Elite in with the rest of the crowd, and sometimes they'll also send ADA passengers to the back of the line as well. 
Don't know if these part-timers are actually Princess employees or employees of the contractors of the pier, Cruise Metro.  Regardless, most are seniors who should really know better, but they like to misinform people as if they knew what they are talking about.  There were some in the parking lot that were telling people that people dropping off and picking up ADA passengers were not allowed to use the ADA spots in the parking lot. (This is where the scumbag "ADA" suit-happy lawyers, need to meet with Cruise-Metro.)

It's varied in FLL. I've had situations where the previous cruise was late in getting departing passengers off of the ship and they did not recognize Elite/Platinum but had everyone line up as they arrived. I did go to the head of the line to ask but was rebuffed and sent to the end of the line.🥴

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

They do the same in Fort Lauderdale.

Have not sailed from there recently, but in the past the Elite were in a relatively small room that barely held all of the Elites waiting there. In addition there were refreshments from the ship.

The Platinums were in an area of the main part of the waiting area in a section just for them. No refreshments.

25 minutes ago, caribill said:

Have not sailed from there recently, but in the past the Elite were in a relatively small room that barely held all of the Elites waiting there. In addition there were refreshments from the ship.

The Platinums were in an area of the main part of the waiting area in a section just for them. No refreshments.

Terminal 2 at Port Everglades was remodeled a couple of years before the pandemic.  The elite and platinum waiting areas are on the second floor while other levels wait on the first floor.  The platinum area is open while the elite and suites area is a series of waiting areas and IIRC a snack area pre-Covid (I didn’t notice it in January).  Elites are led through the platinum waiting area when boarding starts.  Floor plans can be found at https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/cruise-terminals/terminal-2/.

33 minutes ago, caribill said:

My last three times we waited in a lounge with both Platinum and Elite and we had the basic refreshments.  They called for the Elites first, followed a very short time later for the remaining PAX in the lounge.  It did get to the point of standing room only in the lounge, but one didn't need to stand for long.  My most recent experience was in January of this year.

2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Thanks for clarifying, they do. In San Pedro, the waiting area is for both but they do call Elites first to board.

In March in San Pedro, Elites and Suites were in one area, Platinums were in a separate one, and then the general were in another...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, caribill said:

That was our experience before the refurbishment.  Since then we roomed together but the Elites were called first.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Yup.  If you're leaving from Pier 27, Elite/Platinum board right after ADA passengers.
But sometimes the part-time staffing on the pier don't really know and they'll put Platinum and Elite in with the rest of the crowd, and sometimes they'll also send ADA passengers to the back of the line as well. 
Don't know if these part-timers are actually Princess employees or employees of the contractors of the pier, Cruise Metro.  Regardless, most are seniors who should really know better, but they like to misinform people as if they knew what they are talking about.  There were some in the parking lot that were telling people that people dropping off and picking up ADA passengers were not allowed to use the ADA spots in the parking lot. (This is where the scumbag "ADA" suit-happy lawyers, need to meet with Cruise-Metro.)

OOOH!

38 minutes ago, jwattle said:

In March in San Pedro, Elites and Suites were in one area, Platinums were in a separate one, and then the general were in another...

In April, the Elites, Suites & Plats were in that one area immediately to the left after the screening, it was so crowded, standing room only. I wonder what determines how they break it up.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

As someone who cruises out of SF often, with seniors and folks with ADA limits, I am shocked at how the port staff is totally nonresponsive to providing support to ADA passengers when they must wait in line.  Several years ago, I stood in line when a ship arrived late, had a family (wife, husband very weak and old, plus adult daughter) behind me in line.  Shore staff refused to allow the daughter to get a folding chair from inside the terminal for the father to sit on for hours.   Seeing this, I have purchased on Amazon a collapsible stool for my DH who is 90 and can't stand for more than 1 hour in line for our next boarding in SF in December. Folks with disabilities and mobilities issues need to come prepared, no assistance exists till you enter the terminal in SF.   I looked on the SF port web site to see if there was any reference to ADA assistance, found none other than parking.   I was born in SF, for a city that promotes itself as liberal and progressive the lack of attention to this area at the port is very disappointing.                                                                                                                   

• Like 1