Coastal kitchen embarkation lunch

I'm sure the answer to this question is somewhere on CC, but I'll be darned if I can get an answer.

We are sailing Quantum OTS, and we are in a GL Suite.  Our friends are in a Jr. Suite.  The question is This:  Do Jr. Suite Guests have an embarkation lunch in Costal Kitchen?    

5 minutes ago, screwsmcernst said:

I'm sure the answer to this question is somewhere on CC, but I'll be darned if I can get an answer.

We are sailing Quantum OTS, and we are in a GL Suite.  Our friends are in a Jr. Suite.  The question is This:  Do Jr. Suite Guests have an embarkation lunch in Costal Kitchen?    

No, they do not.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, screwsmcernst said:

Sorry, only GS and above get Coastal Kitchen for lunch.  Your friends can dine with you for dinner though.  Either the concierge can set you up before the cruise or first thing on embarkation go to the Coastal Kitchen to set up dinner for you and your JS friends.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Sorry, only GS and above get Coastal Kitchen for lunch.  Your friends can dine with you for dinner though.  Either the concierge can set you up before the cruise or first thing on embarkation go to the Coastal Kitchen to set up dinner for you and your JS friends.

Okay.  I guess the next question is,  Is there a lunch in the MDR or is the Windjammer their only option?

1 minute ago, screwsmcernst said:

Okay.  I guess the next question is,  Is there a lunch in the MDR or is the Windjammer their only option?

I don't believe the MDR is open for embarkation.  The Windjammer can be a zoo. That depends on your embarkation time. There are other options.  Park Cafe has salad bar and sandwiches.  Quite enjoyable in Central Park.  We like the Boardwalk hot dog place for a quick bite, too.  Depends on how much breakfast you have and how early your dinner time is.  Check the app.  There may be pay restaurants available, too.     

20 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I don't believe the MDR is open for embarkation.  The Windjammer can be a zoo. That depends on your embarkation time. There are other options.  Park Cafe has salad bar and sandwiches.  Quite enjoyable in Central Park.  We like the Boardwalk hot dog place for a quick bite, too.  Depends on how much breakfast you have and how early your dinner time is.  Check the app.  There may be pay restaurants available, too.     

Oh I wish there was a Central Park and a Boardwalk as well as a Park Cafe.  That would mean them and us, we are on the same transpacific, would be on a Oasis Class cruising to Hawaii. But we will be on Quantum.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

It’s not like you can just walk in and go to a table. You have to check in at the podium where they ask you your room number. 

One of the guests in the GS gives room number and then says table for 4.

OP should just be prepared for more questions and if access for all 4 is denyed, be graceful.  Oh sorry I didn't know that a Jr Suite couldn't have lunch with us.

Edited by cruisegus

21 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

OP should just be prepared for more questions and if access for all 4 is denyed, be graceful.  Oh sorry I didn't know that a Jr Suite couldn't have lunch with us.

😂it’s not like they haven’t been doing this for years and haven’t seen it all.

They’d ask for your room number, enter the information see the names in the cabin and then then turn to the next couple and ask for their room number. I wouldn’t want to embarrass myself trying to skirt the rules but YMMV. It’s clearly stated when you book a JR suite that it’s only dinner reservations in CK depending on availability.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 4-2-N-8
On 9/8/2022 at 5:22 PM, matj2000 said:

Just walk them in with you.

Nobody will car or say anything

And that's why a good thing is abused by those who disrespect those who pay (often a lot) for the privilege.

If we can't call out abusive behavior, then bad behavior will not change.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8
On 9/8/2022 at 5:58 PM, cruisegus said:

The answer is already known. The privileges are established up front. Everyone on here (and boarding the ship) can read.

This is just about as bad as being a chair hog.

If you can't afford the stateroom type that matches the privileges afforded, don't ruin it for those who paid for the higher privileges. We pay the higher prices for a reason, and abhor the abusers, cheaters, and schemers.

2 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

The answer is already known. The privileges are established up front. Everyone on here (and boarding the ship) can read.

This is just about as bad as being a chair hog.

If you can't afford the stateroom type that matches the privileges afforded, don't ruin it for those who paid for the higher privileges. We pay the higher prices for a reason, and abhor the abusers, cheaters, and schemers.

Don’t worry. The poster obviously has never been to CK because that’s not the system to get a table. You have to give your cabin number when you enter and they look at a list that shows, among other things, how many are in your cabin. Once they see 2 they turn to the next couple and ask for their room number. They are very strict about entry.

• Like 3

Guest 4-2-N-8
16 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Don’t worry. The poster obviously has never been to CK because that’s not the system to get a table. You have to give your cabin number when you enter and they look at a list that shows, among other things, how many are in your cabin. Once they see 2 they turn to the next couple and ask for their room number. They are very strict about entry.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. That seems appropriate, given that there are those who obviously would attempt to abuse privileges for which others pay.

They most certainly will check your status as you enter . 

They did every time we entered . 

He asked for the room number but never asked to see our  cards.

I saw a person turned away one night .

I've got an idea, why don't we just do away with the exclusivity of the Coastal Kitchen, hell let's do away with all exclusivity on Royal, et al.  That way nobody will have to lie, cheat, sneak, whatever.  That will increase the value of suite cruising, for sure.   Why not just allow anybody to bring on the ship as much of whatever alcohol they want.  I'm sure that won't effect our fare prices, at all.  Let's put a playground in the Solarium, while we are at it.  

EDITED IN:  BTW, that was not intended towards the OP.  I'm sure the question was pure in its intent.

Edited by Ret MP

5 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

you are exactly right... heck even after eating in CK for breakfast lunch and dinner, they still asked for our room number at day 5 😄 . I finally said to the CK hostess, are you going to remember us at some point?  

Interesting -- on Quantum for the first leg of the B2Bwe did not have to give it but once after breakfast on Day 3.  Never had to give it on the second leg as we were in the same room.  Then again, we ate all our meals there except for twice on both cruises.  

Guest 4-2-N-8
16 minutes ago, George C said:

No just show up , normally we never had to wait long to be seated.

What time is best to board the ship? I read that post pandemic, cruise lines have made boarding more efficient, so it really doesn't matter when to arrive as it will move quickly. Or?

@4-2-N-8

There is alway a crush right at the start and it gets better as the day progresses.  We boarded Navigator last month at noon and it was 30 minutes from leaving our car in the parking lot until the first drink was in my hand.  Very quick at every point.

Edited by Tree_skier