The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 2nd, 2022

richwmn

Carol @mamaofamiHappy Birthday to your grandson!  Funny how these babies grow up so fast!

I just got off the phone with our friends in Myrtle Beach.  They are safe and had no damage to their home.  The ocean water came halfway up their front yard but none in the house or garage.  Their yard guy came by and blew all the leaves and debris off their yard and our friends worked all day yesterday cleaning leaves out of their courtyard.  I am very happy for this news!  People matter, not all our "stuff"!

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I just got off the phone with our friends in Myrtle Beach.  They are safe and had no damage to their home.  The ocean water came halfway up their front yard but none in the house or garage.

I heard from an online friend in Charleston, too. Their electricity was off for 7.5 hours but no damage to their house or in their neighborhood. I believe that the landfall was between Charleston and Myrtle Beach, so they would have been on opposite sides of the eye.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kochleffel said:

I heard from an online friend in Charleston, too. Their electricity was off for 7.5 hours but no damage to their house or in their neighborhood. I believe that the landfall was between Charleston and Myrtle Beach, so they would have been on opposite sides of the eye.

My friend also mentioned a loss of power but said everything in their refrigerator/freezer was still cold.  I think it was out 16 hours so that unit must have excellent insulation.  They are very lucky people!  Maybe they should be buying that lottery ticket.🤑

• Like 17

21 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

My friend also mentioned a loss of power but said everything in their refrigerator/freezer was still cold.  I think it was out 16 hours so that unit must have excellent insulation.  They are very lucky people!  Maybe they should be buying that lottery ticket.🤑

I'm really pleased for your friend Sandi that their home was unaffected by the hurricane.

Graham 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  With our nice, cooler weather, we headed out late this morning for a ride in the convertible.  It wasn't too cool or too warm.  We found some more back roads near Waco to explore.  If the weather cooperates, we are planning another ride next week.  After DH's surgeries, he isn't supposed to drive for two months or ride in the car for more, than two hours at a time.  Plus by the end of this month, it will probably be too cool anyway.

I probably should be working outside, but it's too nice to work.  At least, that's my excuse for sitting here with my book and my tablet enjoying a warm day with a light north breeze. 

6 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I've always respected custodians / janitors, because my Dad was the janitor at our town's movie theatre for many years.  Later in life, I was tasked with showing newbies around the court house and told them in order to make their lives much easier, they had better seek out and show respect to both the custodians and the secretaries, as they are our greatest assets.  Our cars don't have names, just Yours, Mine, and the Topless.  Being carnivores, we are grateful for farm animals.

I love today's quote - we will often go outside and enjoy the night sky.

Well I called the drug store and grocery store, and neither has had an earring like mine turned in.  I looked throughout the house and car, and even put a nylon stocking over the vacuum hose to check out the car, to no avail.  I don't think St. Anthony's going to come through with this one.  

I did get one thing checked off my "to do" list yesterday, that was washing the living room windows.  I got up on the ladder with the swiffer mop, but replaced the flimsy tissue with an old bath towel, had my pail of vinegar water and squeegee, and went to work.  A short time later, we could actually see out of them again!  Unfortunately, when I was coming off the ladder, I put my foot down and felt a sharp pain in the ball of my foot.  I tried stepping on it again, and ouch - what the heck?  I had stepped on a nail.  DH in all his wisdom and glory had thought it a good idea to nail down the small tin ant trap so it wouldn't roll around in the wind, but it appears our friendly squirrel had been digging around and upturned it.   I limped into the house where DH promptly brought out the alcohol (not wine) and peroxide.  Fortunately I'd worn good shoes to go on the ladder, not just flip flops, so it wasn't deep, and also we'd updated our tetanus shots just a couple of years ago when we were planning on going to SE Asia.  I checked it this morning and there's not a lot of redness, but will keep an eye on it.

I like today's menu suggestion, and recall having it in Tokyo where we could select our ingredients and have it made in front of us.  DH particularly liked that he could get just vegetables, while I enjoyed the rice with pickled daikon and tempura shrimp.  Yum!  Sadly, we won't be having any of that today, but will be going out for dinner with DH's daughter and her husband for their anniversary tonight.  Not sure what we'll be having, but I'm sure it will be delicious.  And wine.

Prayers for those who are hurting, especially those affected by both Fiona and Ian, as well as the people of Ukraine.  Cheers to all the celebrations.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Gerry, thank you for telling the newbies to be nice to the custodians and the secretaries as they are the back bone of any office or organization.  I'm sorry about the nail in your foot.  BTW, in a pinch wine or boose can be substituted for rubbing acholol, both internally and externally.  🤣  Enjoy celebrating the anniversary dinner with DH's daughter and her husband tonight.

5 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I've visited Corfu once, on the Norwegian Jade. Many of my photos are like those already posted, but here are a few from the synagogue.

corfu-3.thumb.jpg.daa514f7e5bf0cc1a5cc6ea01c2c91e8.jpgcorfu-2.thumb.jpg.9e89093698a66d987123ec16f93943ee.jpg400400

corfu-1.jpg.7735a17873eaa0857c96e213acb47e21.jpg

Either of the meal suggestions would be OK with me, but as usual I have no idea what I'm going to have.

1322886717_intldayofnon-v.thumb.gif.3eca6bbbf09d8ca56030b2fcb3b361b8.gif

Thank you for the pictures of the synagogue.

5 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning to all. Rainy this morning and temp was 43F when I finally managed to drag the dogs out. Bandit was his usual cooperative self but Monty wanted no part of it. As soon as we came dripping in after wander in the rain for about 15 minutes he used one of my throw rugs. Fortunately washable. High today is supposed to be in mid-60's and in stay in the 60's during the day through the entire week. I understand there is white stuff above us. Am thinking I will have turn on the heat soon. I am not complaining about the rain even if the dogs are. Monty needs a raincoat.

Today's pictures look really appealing and does the food and drink. Tonight I have some shrimp that I need to fix .... just need to decide how to fix. Not feeling very creative at the moment.

All of my Florida friends have checked in now and most seem to escaped the damage, even those close to and in Ft. Myers. I think I am better able to handle snow (remind me I said that this winter).

Susan

Susan, good to know you are getting rain.  

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser

Lenda if Bora Bora has been closed for so long why on earth would I get a change the day after booking this cruise a few days ago? We were supposed to be on this cruise March of 2020 on Oosterdam. That does not seem fair..

ITINERARY CHANGE NOTIFICATION
Please be advised that due to port availability we have revised your cruise
itinerary. We will no longer call in Hilo, Hawaii but have added calls to
Lahaina, Maui; and to Nawiliwili, Kauai. The arrival in Honolulu, Oahu has
been shifted from February 25 to February 26 and the call to Kona, Hawaii has
been shifted from February 27 to February 24. We will no longer call to
Christmas Island, Kiribati but have added a call to Tabuaeran (Fanning
Island), Kiribati. In addition, we will also no longer call to Bora Bora,
French Polynesia but have added an overnight in Uturoa, Raiatea, French
Polynesia beginning on March 7. Arrival and departure times in some ports have
also been adjusted. The revised itinerary displays in full below.

Joy, Bora Bora announced several months ago they are limiting the size of ships in the lagoon and the number of passengers on the island.  Interestingly, the French ship Paul Gaughan which is based in Papeete is the size allowed.  We've been lucky to visit Bora Bora many times, and before the influx of the bigger ships.

Raiatea is a very nice small island that has not been on many ship itieraries before now.  You should still be able to enjoy it before it's overrun by tourists.  And I've noticed that Fanning Island has been replacing Christmas Island for several years.  We may make it to Fanning someday.

4 hours ago, lindaler said:

Last night I went to downtown and dinned with my son and grandson on tables outside. It was so pleasant, not the heat of summer or the wind of winter. Very fun walking around town and people watching. One lady pulled up where there were signs posted for an event. I pointed at the sign as they were only three cars down giving tickets. She wanted to bargain with me. I just shrugged my shoulders. She did pull out just before the officer got to her. 

Wow the photos of the port are great, thanks everyone. Thanks Rich and all who post regularly. Prayers and cheers for all.

Linda, your evening with your son and grandson sounds lovely.

4 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@Quartzsite CruiserYou could be a Seattleite. Birks and socks is the official footwear of Seattle-and mine too.

No, I'm not a Seattleite.  I'm a native Texan whose favorite fashion style is t-shirt, shorts and sandals.  I do not like shoes that confine my feet.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Lenda.

Graham, thank you.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

LOL - mine get put away until I either go on a cruise or the snow has melted.  Birks and snow don’t go together - even with socks 😂 

Jacqui, I admit I'd put my Birks away if and when it snowed.  We are unusually in Quartzsite during the cold months so no snow.  When it's cold and I have to breakout the socks to wear with my Birks, I get blue or black so they are not as noticeable as white socks.

There are three Sandals & Co stores in Barcelona that sell only Birks, with very good prices compared to the US.  One is on Plaaza de Catalunya and one is near the cathedral.  The third one is further away from the main tourist area.  In 2019, I made it home with two new pairs.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I appreciate custodial workers and farm animals, and call my current car "Baby".  

The quote is good and the wine sounds very good.  Will pass on the drink and meal.  Tonight's dinner will be stew.  It's a good way to use up veggies before we leave for the cruise.  Always a juggling act, to end up with enough but not too much food in the house.  We'll be gone for a month so...

We've been to Corfu several times, in fact on our last 3 cruises.  The most recent was a year ago on the Eurodam.  The beauty there never gets old!  The last time there we took a 3-hour tour around the island and most of my photos are from that day.  

Some views of Corfu Town from our balcony

701463650_frombalcony2.jpg.b60a23463443cf77ceab5440bc546690.jpg

1552299094_frombalcony.jpg.99ce98e6334ef9f5162594778e212dba.jpg

Our ship the Eurodam, with the Volendam and Zaandam (waiting to be put back into service)

1610270148_EurodamVolendamandZaandam.jpg.d36aa078934471e38ccd70482de156aa.jpg

Some sights around Corfu Town and OH the flowers

658701745_Corfuflowers2.jpg.22d487daf9e556240e3e5e5b2b9a452e.jpg

1733473215_Corfuflowers.jpg.160a5f815617fb92e0bbebfed6fd7b8a.jpg

1845152817_Corfubuilding.jpg.dca7c676ac89acc21501357f3054bd00.jpg

852204864_Corfubuildingandstatue.jpg.b33c8a1354473e83423170ab54795481.jpg

620359108_Corfupark2.jpg.5bd4aad20a5f8cbeb072b63c41e723a8.jpg

1344352233_Corfupark.jpg.82ad2b1239f98c6887a0b01de2354a95.jpg

You knew I couldn't resist at least one kitty...

1727783163_Corfukitty.jpg.c672347ad023868b92b031a6cdf8e514.jpg

And scenes from our drive around the island.

690448601_Corfuwater.jpg.56615a7da59135e53fa26e1eca4a76a6.jpg

1513662015_Corfubeauty.jpg.604ee7963556a88ce8200f5a64199a7b.jpgCastle of the Angels on the Ionian Sea circa 1272

1336364256_CastleoftheAngelsonIonianSea1272.jpg.2b936e4127a5479f39220c22266dd73f.jpg

A bombed out church (about 400 years old)

228800115_Bombedoutchurchabout400yearsold.jpg.1c110ba4a3b72bd52cb0000a2790c714.jpg

Such beauty

Beauty.jpg.fe8777352a8d2539418435cbf1d593be.jpg

We drove through a town where the road was so narrow we could have touched the sides of the buildings.  Kudos to our bus driver!!

This is a wall right outside our window.

1988619117_townwithwallssoclose.jpg.2b1eef16954f43f9cea0aad27bae5324.jpg

And we saw these beautiful colors on the buildings 

1147004171_Corfucolors.jpg.ed1e1498206c9fdef082a688b6a1bdcf.jpg

Enjoyed your pictures.

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks all! Love the quote and the stars! 
@ger_77 thank goodness for husbands!  DH found mine in the dark in the Costco parking lot! 

We’ve been fortunate to visit Corfu a few times.  One of our favourites was a private boat charter where we swam and did some sightseeing from the water.

image.thumb.jpeg.e73a716607bac72067eea0d4d2e37c70.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.617ac1f48fae637e0a784a7dc529c421.jpeg

2A780286-24FD-4DB3-B660-A6116FF5666B.jpeg

8CA656D6-0C7A-4360-90A8-190D8A32F7C8.jpeg

3FA25AFA-604D-49B2-89FE-27ECEE99882A.jpeg

3D4F1369-A596-4FBB-8F10-C217F07C065F.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@ger_77 I am so glad your DH found your earrings, and so sad about the nail!  I hope your foot feels better soon!

@grapau27Thank you for posting Father David this Sunday.   I appreciate him more and more every week.

Corfu, is Greece...will it be warm enough in October to go to the beach and swim?  I am thinking of doing that as an excursion in Santorini.  Please remember, I am no longer a yankee, I'm a southerner now and not as thick blooded as I was 40 years. um 45 years ago....

PBS had a great series about  a family that moves to Corfu...does anyone know the name of the series?

For this Texan, the water temperature has to be at least 82F.  You might be able to Google the avaerage water temperature for when you're in Corfu.

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Good afternoon everyone. I love seeing everyone’s pictures. So many places I haven’t been too so I live vicariously. Sams new aide seems very nice so he is feeling good today and the shingles have dried up.

My second grandson isn21 today. I don’t know where the years are going but they are flying by. The youngest will be 17 in December.

My older daughter had a concussion on August 26  when she brought today’s birthday boy to college. As she was closing the truck of her car, the bike rack hit her in the head.  She is now a bit better, but only able to see 2 patients ( she is a psychotherapist) a day by telemedicine. Her husband said she really got hit hard.

Have heard from everyone in Florida, including someone from the CC community in Naples. All are thankfully ok. How do these poor people rebuild their lives after this devastating storm?
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Carol,  HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY to your grandson.  I'm glad the new aide is working out and that Sam is better.  That's also good news your DD is better and able to work some.  I'm glad your friends in Naples and other parts of Florida are safe.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon All,  DH went with me to Aldi vut first we stopped at Kohl's since he had Kohl's Cash to spend.  I found a polo and a tshirt on clearance at very good prices and will pack them for the November cruise.

DH found a Halloween marathon and has been watching those movies.  That helped keep me on track to do a deep clean in my office.  I really dislike dusting but that was better than watching those movies.

I also found this mug at Kohl's. If they go on clearance I may get more.

20221002_153312.thumb.jpg.50a26a84606a6d9b0c1c9fe23ba260d0.jpg

Jake, that marathon would motivate me to clean, too.

28 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Carol @mamaofamiHappy Birthday to your grandson!  Funny how these babies grow up so fast!

I just got off the phone with our friends in Myrtle Beach.  They are safe and had no damage to their home.  The ocean water came halfway up their front yard but none in the house or garage.  Their yard guy came by and blew all the leaves and debris off their yard and our friends worked all day yesterday cleaning leaves out of their courtyard.  I am very happy for this news!  People matter, not all our "stuff"!

Sandi, that's good news.

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

OMG, you're not going to believe this . . . DH found my earring!  It wasn't anywhere I thought it should be.  He was blowing the leaves off the back patio when he spotted something sparkling in the debris, bent down and there it was!  I am so relieved, and immediately thanked St. Anthony for the role I'm sure he played in this.   I'm in a much better mood now!

Thanks @kazu, DH checked my foot this morning and said it's only got a hint of pink where the nail broke the skin.  I subjected it to the alcohol (not wine again), and peroxide treatment just to be on the safe side.

YEAH!  That's good news your DH found the earring.

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites.  Thanks to Rich and Roy for the lists and to everyone who posts.  Great news that the earring was found, Gerry.  My bit of good news is that I tested negative for the second time, although I still am congested and coughing.  I'm getting tired of this.  Pat tested positive with a good, dark line, but doesn't seem to have anything but fatigue to complain about.  We both feel our brains are not behaving as they should, we are having difficulty with the cryptic crosswords, and I'm not doing so well at sudoku.  According to most sources, CDC, etc., we should not be infectious any more, and we are allowed out.  Pat is not going to go to golf tomorrow though, perhaps Tuesday we will venture out.

I had to laugh at the Chief's meme yesterday about colonoscopies - very sadly, I had to postpone mine, which was due on the 4th, to October 31st, so I'm wondering what they will offer me.

We have been to Kerkira a couple of times.  My pictures are much like the others posted.  I remember the most brilliant bougainvillea I have ever seen.

IMG_2934.thumb.JPG.19a5d4bed45a17c60f115e05ea49b198.JPG

and cats in pots...

IMG_2956.thumb.JPG.de78bc13e4913dae3d39eb037014345d.JPG

Ann, I'm glad you are still testing negative, but sorry Pat is still positive.  Hope you both feel better soon.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

A salute to essential custodial workers, I've never named any of my cars, and farm animals are valued.

Nice quote. I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

I have not been to Kerkira. Thanks for the photos.

Brrrr. It was 61 in my bedroom when I woke up! Still holding off on turning the heat on, but soon if it stays this chilly. It's cloudy out, the rain finally stopped, and we may make it to 60F later. It's a busy day for me. BFF and I are making a short 3-day road trip tomorrow, and I'll celebrate my birthday on Tuesday while we're away. So I'm doing laundry and packing. I'm only taking a small suitcase, and my CPAP bag.

@kazu Good luck with the planters.

@grapau27 Thank you for Father David's sermon. 

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels today and tomorrow. Early Happy Anniversary!

@Seasick Sailor Sorry to hear about the itinerary changes on your cruise. 

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the lovely photos of Corfu. 

@*Miss G* Enjoy your river cruise!

@1ANGELCAT No doubt it's disappointing not to be sailing today, but your time will come.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos.

@ger_77 Oh no on stepping on the nail. Good that your tetanus shot is up to date. Woohoo on DH finding your earring!

@kochleffel Thank you for the Corfu synagogue pictures.

@Cruising-along Nice photos of Corfu.

@Vict0riann Good that you tested negative. Sorry you both have that brain fog.

Prayers for the Care List, all those affected by Fiona and Ian, and Ukraine.

Cheers to those with something to Celebrate! Stay safe everyone.

Vanessa, an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I hope your have a great day Tuesday and a great and safe trip.

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

Thank you Rich, @richwmn for posting the daily  Holland America Line fleet locations.

Will read all the posts later.

Good to see you posting.  We've missed you.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

A salute to essential custodial workers, I've never named any of my cars, and farm animals are valued.

Nice quote. I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

I have not been to Kerkira. Thanks for the photos.

Brrrr. It was 61 in my bedroom when I woke up! Still holding off on turning the heat on, but soon if it stays this chilly. It's cloudy out, the rain finally stopped, and we may make it to 60F later. It's a busy day for me. BFF and I are making a short 3-day road trip tomorrow, and I'll celebrate my birthday on Tuesday while we're away. So I'm doing laundry and packing. I'm only taking a small suitcase, and my CPAP bag.

@kazu Good luck with the planters.

@grapau27 Thank you for Father David's sermon. 

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels today and tomorrow. Early Happy Anniversary!

@Seasick Sailor Sorry to hear about the itinerary changes on your cruise. 

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the lovely photos of Corfu. 

@*Miss G* Enjoy your river cruise!

@1ANGELCAT No doubt it's disappointing not to be sailing today, but your time will come.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos.

@ger_77 Oh no on stepping on the nail. Good that your tetanus shot is up to date. Woohoo on DH finding your earring!

@kochleffel Thank you for the Corfu synagogue pictures.

@Cruising-along Nice photos of Corfu.

@Vict0riann Good that you tested negative. Sorry you both have that brain fog.

Prayers for the Care List, all those affected by Fiona and Ian, and Ukraine.

Cheers to those with something to Celebrate! Stay safe everyone.

I hope you have a lovely 3 day road trip Vanessa and a fantastic birthday on Tuesday.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  With our nice, cooler weather, we headed out late this morning for a ride in the convertible.  It wasn't too cool or too warm.  We found some more back roads near Waco to explore.  If the weather cooperates, we are planning another ride next week.  After DH's surgeries, he isn't supposed to drive for two months or ride in the car for more, than two hours at a time.  Plus by the end of this month, it will probably be too cool anyway.

I probably should be working outside, but it's too nice to work.  At least, that's my excuse for sitting here with my book and my tablet enjoying a warm day with a light north breeze. 

Gerry, thank you for telling the newbies to be nice to the custodians and the secretaries as they are the back bone of any office or organization.  I'm sorry about the nail in your foot.  BTW, in a pinch wine or boose can be substituted for rubbing acholol, both internally and externally.  🤣  Enjoy celebrating the anniversary dinner with DH's daughter and her husband tonight.

Thank you for the pictures of the synagogue.

Susan, good to know you are getting rain.  

Joy, Bora Bora announced several months ago they are limiting the size of ships in the lagoon and the number of passengers on the island.  Interestingly, the French ship Paul Gaughan which is based in Papeete is the size allowed.  We've been lucky to visit Bora Bora many times, and before the influx of the bigger ships.

Raiatea is a very nice small island that has not been on many ship itieraries before now.  You should still be able to enjoy it before it's overrun by tourists.  And I've noticed that Fanning Island has been replacing Christmas Island for several years.  We may make it to Fanning someday.

Linda, your evening with your son and grandson sounds lovely.

No, I'm not a Seattleite.  I'm a native Texan whose favorite fashion style is t-shirt, shorts and sandals.  I do not like shoes that confine my feet.

Graham, thank you.

Jacqui, I admit I'd put my Birks away if and when it snowed.  We are unusually in Quartzsite during the cold months so no snow.  When it's cold and I have to breakout the socks to wear with my Birks, I get blue or black so they are not as noticeable as white socks.

There are three Sandals & Co stores in Barcelona that sell only Birks, with very good prices compared to the US.  One is on Plaaza de Catalunya and one is near the cathedral.  The third one is further away from the main tourist area.  In 2019, I made it home with two new pairs.

Enjoyed your pictures.

Thanks for the pictures.

For this Texan, the water temperature has to be at least 82F.  You might be able to Google the avaerage water temperature for when you're in Corfu.

Carol,  HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY to your grandson.  I'm glad the new aide is working out and that Sam is better.  That's also good news your DD is better and able to work some.  I'm glad your friends in Naples and other parts of Florida are safe.

Jake, that marathon would motivate me to clean, too.

Sandi, that's good news.

YEAH!  That's good news your DH found the earring.

Ann, I'm glad you are still testing negative, but sorry Pat is still positive.  Hope you both feel better soon.

Vanessa, an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I hope your have a great day Tuesday and a great and safe trip.

Good to see you posting.  We've missed you.

Lenda

Lenda that might just be the longest post II have ever seen here on the Daily! 😁

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

DH is doing his brake marathon, and I haven't done squat, but sit on my butt and look at the destruction on Sanibel.  mysanibel is the web site.  The three places I have stayed over the years, are pretty much toast.  Oh, and I've been here, and I went to the store, made the bed,  and done nothing...listened to nascar.....

I wont be in Corfu, but Santorini.,  I see all of these great beach excursions, I check the average temps for the month, and then wonder why there are so many beach excursions, then think, well maybe they are lying about the temps...

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 15
  • Haha 2

On most of our stops in Corfu we have rented a car.  However on the last trip we hired a driver by the name of Spiro.  Besides showing us the island, he treated us to lunch on a mountain top.

He prepared a lunch of Greek bread with Feta and tomatos with spices and olive oil accompanied by some wine.  It was a treat.

E94AF814-D246-4898-AC6E-662895D0732F.jpeg

A2A01CDE-9CE6-4767-A2E1-FA60B7D0FB09.jpeg

987EC6BC-BED9-4C90-BE1F-7893BC6E78A6.jpeg

A803202C-86A7-4984-BFEB-84716186CA7A.jpeg

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

On most of our stops in Corfu we have rented a car.  However on the last trip we hired a driver by the name of Spiro.  Besides showing us the island, he treated us to lunch on a mountain top.

He prepared a lunch of Greek bread with Feta and tomatos with spices and olive oil accompanied by some wine.  It was a treat.

E94AF814-D246-4898-AC6E-662895D0732F.jpeg

A2A01CDE-9CE6-4767-A2E1-FA60B7D0FB09.jpeg

987EC6BC-BED9-4C90-BE1F-7893BC6E78A6.jpeg

A803202C-86A7-4984-BFEB-84716186CA7A.jpeg

Lovely  photos of  you  both.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @richwmnRich for Daily, and the fleet locations,  thanks to Roy @rafinmd for the care and celebration lists.    Thanks for the food and beverage information.

Appreciate seeing the photos of Corfu.

I named my first car, Thomasina, it was a brand new Hillman Imp,  very, very unreliable, sold it as soon as possible,  bought a very reliable brand new Toyota.

@ger_77 so pleased that your DH found your ear ring.

@Quartzsite Cruiser , an excellent example to us all on the how to multiquote.  Thank you.

Best wishes to everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 17

Hello everyone and thank you for the daily. I have been absent from the daily but did check in today and want to thank Roy for the shoutout. Onboard Adventure of the Seas ( it’s not a BHB 😢) and having a good time. Bah Habbah  today was much cooler than anticipated… 50 degrees but very windy!

Hope every escaped Ian’s wrath. 
Prayers for those in need and shout out to those celebrating!

Marge

Edited by Love the beach
  • Like 14

Good evening!  I read this morning that Corfu was today’s port but was too busy to find my favorite picture. Almost everything is packed and I am done for the night. Tomorrow we will finish the last minute packing. 

My favorite picture from Corfu. This is from the palace that Prince Phillip was born. 

4743FFFB-329C-463F-9032-8FD3331664EA.thumb.jpeg.62ad4015a6060ad568fbca3ce020bea5.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1