The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 2nd, 2022

richwmn

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We arrived in Kerkira on the island of Corfu, Greece on Aug. 20, 2017 on Westerdam.  It was a pretty day for a change.  We hadn't had good luck weather-wise there before.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLljeKs24M83EfYYAqi1qR6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503943747

I thought this was a pretty little carriage to take a ride in.  I hope the horse is given numerous breaks though.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKcY7bwbFEEh4hVGgChV7XF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944067

We walked past the New Fortress built in 1577.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLRsJybS8FhkFPLGYTVZjHu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944090

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuM_uGGnEywBO1K9eKHJws?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944098

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVWCh3nJ4mSXDM_CqBLBg6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944124

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0p88vNLQp88upWKOfOGWl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944167

Not a wide street but it gets the job done.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAoScNcVN7rwieC-SIZndb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944176

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIETbPee1Tb32THHdZqTocP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944182

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKHhmVRFvfL4xN5syP2sN6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944186

Protecting the beautiful produce from the morning sunshine.  I've never seen that done before at a market.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJyw8w6PHlmX_2B4CiTohyf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944190

But look how perfect it is.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJBG1r1-vlOejaHFiDpeZou?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944195

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKsngsBM3pyVecjjJLUMRZQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944199

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGQdkGNLcOTqdy-QZaT-xE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944306

The Old Fortress of Kerkira, on the sea, built around 6 A.D.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ-Yg-ZUsJ0cRJD17N0aq4g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944370

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFyeMaiPAWvkkgVMpWp3Z4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503944386

We enjoyed this sunny, not wet day in Kerkira.

Thank you for posting your photos Sandi.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser

Lenda if Bora Bora has been closed for so long why on earth would I get a change the day after booking this cruise a few days ago? We were supposed to be on this cruise March of 2020 on Oosterdam. That does not seem fair..

ITINERARY CHANGE NOTIFICATION
Please be advised that due to port availability we have revised your cruise
itinerary. We will no longer call in Hilo, Hawaii but have added calls to
Lahaina, Maui; and to Nawiliwili, Kauai. The arrival in Honolulu, Oahu has
been shifted from February 25 to February 26 and the call to Kona, Hawaii has
been shifted from February 27 to February 24. We will no longer call to
Christmas Island, Kiribati but have added a call to Tabuaeran (Fanning
Island), Kiribati. In addition, we will also no longer call to Bora Bora,
French Polynesia but have added an overnight in Uturoa, Raiatea, French
Polynesia beginning on March 7. Arrival and departure times in some ports have
also been adjusted. The revised itinerary displays in full below.

Joy, the cruise lines have been notifying people of itinerary changes very late since Covid, IMO.  Even if they know months in advance they wait until too late to cancel, if that is what a person's inclination was.  For instance we found out the morning of embarkation in May on Island Princess that our stop at Spitsbergen was not going to happen.  Reason being Spitsbergen has a law about fuels used in their waters, and the cruise line knew this way in advance.  But no announcement of change of itinerary until literally the last moment.  

I think you will enjoy Fanning Island.  Would you like to see my photos and discussion about Fanning Island?  I can easily copy and paste from the last time we had Fanning Island as port of the day.  Just let me know.

Sorry about Bora Bora though.  They all know only certain ships are going to be allowed there but still sell these cruises.  It's really not fair.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Just received a disappointing itinerary change for our Hawaii, French Polynesia sailing in Feb. No longer calling in Bora Bora, Christmas Island, or Hilo due to port availability..

So sorry to hear this 😔. Bora Bora was on our itinerary when we went and I have to day that the tour with Patrick was one of our very best days on the cruise.

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jacqui, I wear my Birk's just about year round.  I confess that in the winter around the house, I wear them with socks on really cold days.

LOL - mine get put away until I either go on a cruise or the snow has melted.  Birks and snow don’t go together - even with socks 😂 

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I don't think St. Anthony's going to come through with this one.  

DAM - I was hoping you would find your earring 😔. Yikes on the nail - keep a close eye on it please and take care of yourself.

• Like 17

Good morning all!

I appreciate custodial workers and farm animals, and call my current car "Baby".  

The quote is good and the wine sounds very good.  Will pass on the drink and meal.  Tonight's dinner will be stew.  It's a good way to use up veggies before we leave for the cruise.  Always a juggling act, to end up with enough but not too much food in the house.  We'll be gone for a month so...

We've been to Corfu several times, in fact on our last 3 cruises.  The most recent was a year ago on the Eurodam.  The beauty there never gets old!  The last time there we took a 3-hour tour around the island and most of my photos are from that day.  

Some views of Corfu Town from our balcony

701463650_frombalcony2.jpg.b60a23463443cf77ceab5440bc546690.jpg

1552299094_frombalcony.jpg.99ce98e6334ef9f5162594778e212dba.jpg

Our ship the Eurodam, with the Volendam and Zaandam (waiting to be put back into service)

1610270148_EurodamVolendamandZaandam.jpg.d36aa078934471e38ccd70482de156aa.jpg

Some sights around Corfu Town and OH the flowers

658701745_Corfuflowers2.jpg.22d487daf9e556240e3e5e5b2b9a452e.jpg

1733473215_Corfuflowers.jpg.160a5f815617fb92e0bbebfed6fd7b8a.jpg

1845152817_Corfubuilding.jpg.dca7c676ac89acc21501357f3054bd00.jpg

852204864_Corfubuildingandstatue.jpg.b33c8a1354473e83423170ab54795481.jpg

620359108_Corfupark2.jpg.5bd4aad20a5f8cbeb072b63c41e723a8.jpg

1344352233_Corfupark.jpg.82ad2b1239f98c6887a0b01de2354a95.jpg

You knew I couldn't resist at least one kitty...

1727783163_Corfukitty.jpg.c672347ad023868b92b031a6cdf8e514.jpg

And scenes from our drive around the island.

690448601_Corfuwater.jpg.56615a7da59135e53fa26e1eca4a76a6.jpg

1513662015_Corfubeauty.jpg.604ee7963556a88ce8200f5a64199a7b.jpgCastle of the Angels on the Ionian Sea circa 1272

1336364256_CastleoftheAngelsonIonianSea1272.jpg.2b936e4127a5479f39220c22266dd73f.jpg

A bombed out church (about 400 years old)

228800115_Bombedoutchurchabout400yearsold.jpg.1c110ba4a3b72bd52cb0000a2790c714.jpg

Such beauty

Beauty.jpg.fe8777352a8d2539418435cbf1d593be.jpg

We drove through a town where the road was so narrow we could have touched the sides of the buildings.  Kudos to our bus driver!!

This is a wall right outside our window.

1988619117_townwithwallssoclose.jpg.2b1eef16954f43f9cea0aad27bae5324.jpg

And we saw these beautiful colors on the buildings 

1147004171_Corfucolors.jpg.ed1e1498206c9fdef082a688b6a1bdcf.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

OMG, you're not going to believe this . . . DH found my earring!  It wasn't anywhere I thought it should be.  He was blowing the leaves off the back patio when he spotted something sparkling in the debris, bent down and there it was!  I am so relieved, and immediately thanked St. Anthony for the role I'm sure he played in this.   I'm in a much better mood now!

Thanks @kazu, DH checked my foot this morning and said it's only got a hint of pink where the nail broke the skin.  I subjected it to the alcohol (not wine again), and peroxide treatment just to be on the safe side.

• Like 31

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

OMG, you're not going to believe this . . . DH found my earring!  It wasn't anywhere I thought it should be.  He was blowing the leaves off the back patio when he spotted something sparkling in the debris, bent down and there it was!  I am so relieved, and immediately thanked St. Anthony for the role I'm sure he played in this.   I'm in a much better mood now!

Thanks @kazu, DH checked my foot this morning and said it's only got a hint of pink where the nail broke the skin.  I subjected it to the alcohol (not wine again), and peroxide treatment just to be on the safe side.

What a lucky break Gerry!  So happy St. Anthony came through for you.  

Not such good news on the nail in the foot.  Hope it heals up quickly!🩹

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I knew it Gerry! One of your squirrels nabbed it then realized it wasn't edible..

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

Good morning, Dailyites.  Thanks to Rich and Roy for the lists and to everyone who posts.  Great news that the earring was found, Gerry.  My bit of good news is that I tested negative for the second time, although I still am congested and coughing.  I'm getting tired of this.  Pat tested positive with a good, dark line, but doesn't seem to have anything but fatigue to complain about.  We both feel our brains are not behaving as they should, we are having difficulty with the cryptic crosswords, and I'm not doing so well at sudoku.  According to most sources, CDC, etc., we should not be infectious any more, and we are allowed out.  Pat is not going to go to golf tomorrow though, perhaps Tuesday we will venture out.

I had to laugh at the Chief's meme yesterday about colonoscopies - very sadly, I had to postpone mine, which was due on the 4th, to October 31st, so I'm wondering what they will offer me.

We have been to Kerkira a couple of times.  My pictures are much like the others posted.  I remember the most brilliant bougainvillea I have ever seen.

IMG_2934.thumb.JPG.19a5d4bed45a17c60f115e05ea49b198.JPG

and cats in pots...

IMG_2956.thumb.JPG.de78bc13e4913dae3d39eb037014345d.JPG

• Like 24

20 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Go buy a lottery ticket!👍

• Like 12
  • Haha 5

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

A salute to essential custodial workers, I've never named any of my cars, and farm animals are valued.

Nice quote. I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

I have not been to Kerkira. Thanks for the photos.

Brrrr. It was 61 in my bedroom when I woke up! Still holding off on turning the heat on, but soon if it stays this chilly. It's cloudy out, the rain finally stopped, and we may make it to 60F later. It's a busy day for me. BFF and I are making a short 3-day road trip tomorrow, and I'll celebrate my birthday on Tuesday while we're away. So I'm doing laundry and packing. I'm only taking a small suitcase, and my CPAP bag.

@kazu Good luck with the planters.

@grapau27 Thank you for Father David's sermon. 

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels today and tomorrow. Early Happy Anniversary!

@Seasick Sailor Sorry to hear about the itinerary changes on your cruise. 

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the lovely photos of Corfu. 

@*Miss G* Enjoy your river cruise!

@1ANGELCAT No doubt it's disappointing not to be sailing today, but your time will come.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos.

@ger_77 Oh no on stepping on the nail. Good that your tetanus shot is up to date. Woohoo on DH finding your earring!

@kochleffel Thank you for the Corfu synagogue pictures.

@Cruising-along Nice photos of Corfu.

@Vict0riann Good that you tested negative. Sorry you both have that brain fog.

Prayers for the Care List, all those affected by Fiona and Ian, and Ukraine.

Cheers to those with something to Celebrate! Stay safe everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 6

Good day and thanks all! Love the quote and the stars! 
@ger_77 thank goodness for husbands!  DH found mine in the dark in the Costco parking lot! 

We’ve been fortunate to visit Corfu a few times.  One of our favourites was a private boat charter where we swam and did some sightseeing from the water.

image.thumb.jpeg.e73a716607bac72067eea0d4d2e37c70.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.617ac1f48fae637e0a784a7dc529c421.jpeg

2A780286-24FD-4DB3-B660-A6116FF5666B.jpeg

8CA656D6-0C7A-4360-90A8-190D8A32F7C8.jpeg

3FA25AFA-604D-49B2-89FE-27ECEE99882A.jpeg

3D4F1369-A596-4FBB-8F10-C217F07C065F.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser

Lenda if Bora Bora has been closed for so long why on earth would I get a change the day after booking this cruise a few days ago? We were supposed to be on this cruise March of 2020 on Oosterdam. That does not seem fair..

ITINERARY CHANGE NOTIFICATION
Please be advised that due to port availability we have revised your cruise
itinerary. We will no longer call in Hilo, Hawaii but have added calls to
Lahaina, Maui; and to Nawiliwili, Kauai. The arrival in Honolulu, Oahu has
been shifted from February 25 to February 26 and the call to Kona, Hawaii has
been shifted from February 27 to February 24. We will no longer call to
Christmas Island, Kiribati but have added a call to Tabuaeran (Fanning
Island), Kiribati. In addition, we will also no longer call to Bora Bora,
French Polynesia but have added an overnight in Uturoa, Raiatea, French
Polynesia beginning on March 7. Arrival and departure times in some ports have
also been adjusted. The revised itinerary displays in full below.

I'm thinking since you just booked this, the 'booker' still had the old info...we've been booked on this since this past February & were notified quite a while ago of the itinerary changes.....

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Just received a disappointing itinerary change for our Hawaii, French Polynesia sailing in Feb. No longer calling in Bora Bora, Christmas Island, or Hilo due to port availability..

image.png.31ef498845aaf3318564a97198b61258.png

The Roll Call for this cruise is SUPER active --- take a look.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@ger_77 I am so glad your DH found your earrings, and so sad about the nail!  I hope your foot feels better soon!

@grapau27Thank you for posting Father David this Sunday.   I appreciate him more and more every week.

Corfu, is Greece...will it be warm enough in October to go to the beach and swim?  I am thinking of doing that as an excursion in Santorini.  Please remember, I am no longer a yankee, I'm a southerner now and not as thick blooded as I was 40 years. um 45 years ago....

PBS had a great series about  a family that moves to Corfu...does anyone know the name of the series?

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@ger_77 I am so glad your DH found your earrings, and so sad about the nail!  I hope your foot feels better soon!

@grapau27Thank you for posting Father David this Sunday.   I appreciate him more and more every week.

Corfu, is Greece...will it be warm enough in October to go to the beach and swim?  I am thinking of doing that as an excursion in Santorini.  Please remember, I am no longer a yankee, I'm a southerner now and not as thick blooded as I was 40 years. um 45 years ago....

PBS had a great series about  a family that moves to Corfu...does anyone know the name of the series?

The durrells in corfu based on Gerald durrells books about living there for 3 or 4 years.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

What a lucky break Gerry!  So happy St. Anthony came through for you.  

Not such good news on the nail in the foot.  Hope it heals up quickly!🩹

Wow. Such good luck finding that earring in an unusual place. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

That was a great show and was called The Durrells.  

As for swimming, it would be warm enough for me, but then I'm a Yankee 😉  

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

You are very welcome.

Father David is a really nice person and always full of fun.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

Good afternoon everyone. I love seeing everyone’s pictures. So many places I haven’t been too so I live vicariously. Sams new aide seems very nice so he is feeling good today and the shingles have dried up.

My second grandson isn21 today. I don’t know where the years are going but they are flying by. The youngest will be 17 in December.

My older daughter had a concussion on August 26  when she brought today’s birthday boy to college. As she was closing the truck of her car, the bike rack hit her in the head.  She is now a bit better, but only able to see 2 patients ( she is a psychotherapist) a day by telemedicine. Her husband said she really got hit hard.

Have heard from everyone in Florida, including someone from the CC community in Naples. All are thankfully ok. How do these poor people rebuild their lives after this devastating storm?
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good afternoon everyone. I love seeing everyone’s pictures. So many places I haven’t been too so I live vicariously. Sams new aide seems very nice so he is feeling good today and the shingles have dried up.

My second grandson isn21 today. I don’t know where the years are going but they are flying by. The youngest will be 17 in December.

My older daughter had a concussion on August 26  when she brought today’s birthday boy to college. As she was closing the truck of her car, the bike rack hit her in the head.  She is now a bit better, but only able to see 2 patients ( she is a psychotherapist) a day by telemedicine. Her husband said she really got hit hard.

Have heard from everyone in Florida, including someone from the CC community in Naples. All are thankfully ok. How do these poor people rebuild their lives after this devastating storm?
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Happy 21st birthday to your second grandson today.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I appreciate custodial workers and farm animals, and call my current car "Baby".  

The quote is good and the wine sounds very good.  Will pass on the drink and meal.  Tonight's dinner will be stew.  It's a good way to use up veggies before we leave for the cruise.  Always a juggling act, to end up with enough but not too much food in the house.  We'll be gone for a month so...

We've been to Corfu several times, in fact on our last 3 cruises.  The most recent was a year ago on the Eurodam.  The beauty there never gets old!  The last time there we took a 3-hour tour around the island and most of my photos are from that day.  

Some views of Corfu Town from our balcony

701463650_frombalcony2.jpg.b60a23463443cf77ceab5440bc546690.jpg

1552299094_frombalcony.jpg.99ce98e6334ef9f5162594778e212dba.jpg

Our ship the Eurodam, with the Volendam and Zaandam (waiting to be put back into service)

1610270148_EurodamVolendamandZaandam.jpg.d36aa078934471e38ccd70482de156aa.jpg

Some sights around Corfu Town and OH the flowers

658701745_Corfuflowers2.jpg.22d487daf9e556240e3e5e5b2b9a452e.jpg

1733473215_Corfuflowers.jpg.160a5f815617fb92e0bbebfed6fd7b8a.jpg

1845152817_Corfubuilding.jpg.dca7c676ac89acc21501357f3054bd00.jpg

852204864_Corfubuildingandstatue.jpg.b33c8a1354473e83423170ab54795481.jpg

620359108_Corfupark2.jpg.5bd4aad20a5f8cbeb072b63c41e723a8.jpg

1344352233_Corfupark.jpg.82ad2b1239f98c6887a0b01de2354a95.jpg

You knew I couldn't resist at least one kitty...

1727783163_Corfukitty.jpg.c672347ad023868b92b031a6cdf8e514.jpg

And scenes from our drive around the island.

690448601_Corfuwater.jpg.56615a7da59135e53fa26e1eca4a76a6.jpg

1513662015_Corfubeauty.jpg.604ee7963556a88ce8200f5a64199a7b.jpgCastle of the Angels on the Ionian Sea circa 1272

1336364256_CastleoftheAngelsonIonianSea1272.jpg.2b936e4127a5479f39220c22266dd73f.jpg

A bombed out church (about 400 years old)

228800115_Bombedoutchurchabout400yearsold.jpg.1c110ba4a3b72bd52cb0000a2790c714.jpg

Such beauty

Beauty.jpg.fe8777352a8d2539418435cbf1d593be.jpg

We drove through a town where the road was so narrow we could have touched the sides of the buildings.  Kudos to our bus driver!!

This is a wall right outside our window.

1988619117_townwithwallssoclose.jpg.2b1eef16954f43f9cea0aad27bae5324.jpg

And we saw these beautiful colors on the buildings 

1147004171_Corfucolors.jpg.ed1e1498206c9fdef082a688b6a1bdcf.jpg

Lovely photos Carolyn.

We have been to Corfu on a cruise and loved our time there.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon All,  DH went with me to Aldi vut first we stopped at Kohl's since he had Kohl's Cash to spend.  I found a polo and a tshirt on clearance at very good prices and will pack them for the November cruise.

DH found a Halloween marathon and has been watching those movies.  That helped keep me on track to do a deep clean in my office.  I really dislike dusting but that was better than watching those movies.

I also found this mug at Kohl's. If they go on clearance I may get more.

20221002_153312.thumb.jpg.50a26a84606a6d9b0c1c9fe23ba260d0.jpg

• Like 22