Who watched the Real Love Boat?

Roatanfans

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

His own personal medallion told him it would be a big hit loved by all Princess cruisers past and future.

The show was obviously not created for Princess cruisers.  I am sure CBS and Princess know exactly what they are doing.  Remember the average Princess cruiser seems to enjoy Drop the Egg, Paper Airplane and Ring Toss contests which are standard activities on Princess cruises and well attended.  That is just not exciting TV fare and going to keep people from changing channels. Love on Love Boat!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sloopsailor said:

There was a thread started by a poster here who was disappointed that he was informed only one week prior to embarking that there would be filming on the ship. This wasn't the show being broadcast now, but for a future UK based reality TV show.

I think that the production crew was filming multiple shows with different casts at the same time. Set up one silly game in a port and use it multiple times. 

2 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

The show was obviously not created for Princess cruisers.  I am sure CBS and Princess know exactly what they are doing.  Remember the average Princess cruiser seems to enjoy Drop the Egg, Paper Airplane and Ring Toss contests which are standard activities on Princess cruises and well attended.  That is just not exciting TV fare and going to keep people from changing channels. Love on Love Boat!!

" your cruise ends here you've been eliminated, its time to shove off " 😆

• Haha 3

Just watched it, and as reality TV yours, it was decent, cute even. ❤

Sometimes a little light no brainer after a long day of seeing people at their worst is just what the doctor ordered.

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 9

16 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

i didn't see it mentioned but Ezra has been a bartender on Princess for a couple of years.  Her proud mom posts on at least one FB and possibly here - hard to tell since no one uses their real names on CC.

@azbirdmom, Ezra is most definitely not, and has never been, a bartender on Princess.  She was one of the initial Fortuna Luck/Pirate Queens on the first Medallion class ships.  She also graduated from that to becoming a Princess Influencer on TikTok with an astounding amount of followers.

I'm not sure where you got your information.  Try again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

I wonder how many potential customers will not book Princess after seeing this show.

None?  Just the opposite, but a different demographic.  

The long time popularity of the original “Love Boat” was not really focused on Princess, but in the characters.

My wife and I dislike the Real Love Boat type of shows. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Read the numbers of viewers which wasn’t good at 2.4 million in the US. Although that was much better than the Australian version of the show…278,000.

Does this take into account all the viewers that may have watched it on other forms for media beside televisions.  Like the saying goes, "There's no such thing as bad publicity."  

However, I am sure Princess prefers this type of tv show versus the Netflix show "Hell of a Cruise."  I cannot believe the anger over a fun TV show.  Wow! 😂

Edited by Princessfan20
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

Does this take into account all the viewers that may have watched it on other forms for media beside televisions.  Like the saying goes, "There's no such thing as bad publicity."  

However, I am sure Princess prefers this type of tv show versus the Netflix show "Hell of a Cruise."  I cannot believe the anger over a fun TV show.  Wow! 😂

Fun is a totally subjective thing.

The Jacka ss movies are about "fun", but I don't find them interesting either. 

Edited by sloopsailor

29 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

I cannot believe the anger over a fun TV show.  Wow! 

😂

I'm not seeing any anger on this thread. Disinterest, yes. Contempt or distaste, yes. 

Fun? This wouldn't meet my definition of the word, but if you think it is, then at least you haven't wasted your time by watching it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

The long time popularity of the original “Love Boat” was not really focused on Princess, but in the characters.

The original show is credited with really introducing the idea of cruising itself to the general public. Before that show there had not been knowledge of and demand for this type of vacation.

It is too early to know for this show (and most of us will not be watching any more of it to find out) if the show does picture why Princess might be a special vacation product to choose.

Having cocktails, eating dinner, meeting strangers (attractive or not) does not have to take place on a Princess cruise ship.

And hopefully anyone who does book Princess because they saw this show will not expect to have dinner at "The Captain's Table" with a Captain who feels an important part of his job is to promote romance.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1