Black Friday Sale - Nov 11 thru Dec 1

NorthStarStateCruiser

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Do you see that a push / pull? 

Its the same price as it was last night except they made it refundable and increased the price accordingly.  My sister and I are in the same 15 night TA as you are and booked an IV and now we decided we want our own individual cabins due to many factors. Looking at insides but price increased $553 since yesterday.  It doesn't take a genius to do the math.

Just booked a cruise for Feb, same price as yesterday but now we have $400obc, so I’m happy. I’m sure if I’d booked it when the sailing was initially released I would’ve saved more but I didn’t know what my situation would be now or if I’d even want to sail so I guess that’s the price I pay for waiting. Oh well, still cheaper than most of the All inclusives I’ve been looking at, at least with X I know what I’m getting!  🙌 🚢 

• Like 2

Just now, drakes2 said:

Its the same price as it was last night except they made it refundable and increased the price accordingly.  My sister and I are in the same 15 night TA as you are and booked an IV and now we decided we want our own individual cabins due to many factors. Looking at insides but price increased $553 since yesterday.  It doesn't take a genius to do the math.

I agree and you definitely are the Genius.    I checked all my cruises and all either have no suites available or have gone up in price since I originally booked.    One in particular amazed me.   We bought a AQ for  my SIL/BIL for a Bitish Isle -  The price went up from 4,000 pp to over 8,000  pp.   Glad we booked when we did or they wouldn't be coming along.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

...checking prices to move from a standard verandah to a SV on Silhouette in April 2024...shocking, but the website CRASHED!!!

Website crashed! Must be due to everyone booking those fabulous black Friday deals. 😆 🤣 

• Haha 2

Okay, need to ask...

Have an Aqua suite on Summit next June.

Just priced this out and it still costs the same.

Can I call Celebrity and have them add the OBC or do I have to cancel and rebook?  What happens to my $500 deposit if I have to cancel and rebook?

6 hours ago, quiescentlyfrozen said:

Stupid question - can one switch to this new deal if no other cabins of same class available on their cruise, or is that a no-go? I'm already booked for a cruise next year (through Celebrity directly), and this new deal is showing additional $800 OBC. 

If you received a loyalty fare - e.g. an A2 fare for an A1 cabin - then if there are available A2 cabins, you may be able to get the current A2 fare (and additional OBC) even if there are no additional A1 cabins.  Check with a Celebrity rep.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The 'ol shell gain -  very common game Celebrity plays.

For sure. I couldn’t compare before and after as I hadn’t checked, but when second passenger is 75% off and a sky suite is still around $5000pp on the couple of cruises I checked that’s not my kind of sale!  I’ll be patient and keep looking. Fortunately I already have a number of bookings for next year.

13 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

For sure. I couldn’t compare before and after as I hadn’t checked, but when second passenger is 75% off and a sky suite is still around $5000pp on the couple of cruises I checked that’s not my kind of sale!  I’ll be patient and keep looking. Fortunately I already have a number of bookings for next year.

Totally concur with everyone’s assessment that this sale isn’t a big deal, and the value seems to be in OBC.

A few months ago, we priced out a 10 day on Equinox in Jan 2024 on A Balcony room and it was basically same cruise price with the new sale.  But there was mention of an $800 OBC but we don’t know if that’s for the Balcony we priced out or for a higher category room

22 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Okay, need to ask...

Have an Aqua suite on Summit next June.

Just priced this out and it still costs the same.

Can I call Celebrity and have them add the OBC or do I have to cancel and rebook?  What happens to my $500 deposit if I have to cancel and rebook?

I am wondering too. Our March cruise looks like all other things being the same (All Included, Aqua Class) looks to be $200 cheaper AND $200 OBC, which I got $0 originally. I would like to keep the same room and get those discounts without having to cancel and redo the deposit. 
I may try emailing the fare change form. No experience with CC at all, so advice is welcome.

I'm holding off on contacting my TA to move cruises until the Apex from Southampton come out and I can see what those are. Otherwise I'll change from the Equinox in July to the Ascent in February. I don't want to make her change to the Ascent for me to just change next week if one of those itineraries appeals to me.

57 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Totally concur with everyone’s assessment that this sale isn’t a big deal, and the value seems to be in OBC.

Its a terrible sale all they've done is inflated the price by the amount of OBC. At least it is on mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

A few months ago, we priced out a 10 day on Equinox in Jan 2024 on A Balcony room and it was basically same cruise price with the new sale.  But there was mention of an $800 OBC but we don’t know if that’s for the Balcony we priced out or for a higher category room

$800 OBC is if you have 4 people booked in the cabin, $200 OBC for each person 😉

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 5:13 AM, quiescentlyfrozen said:

Stupid question - can one switch to this new deal if no other cabins of same class available on their cruise, or is that a no-go? I'm already booked for a cruise next year (through Celebrity directly), and this new deal is showing additional $800 OBC. 

Absolutely you can (if I understand you right).

We are on multiple B2B cruises starting in January, and I've had our Celebrity rep review our pricing and OBC compared to current sales many times.  Multiple times the new deal was better and he lowered our price to match, and multiple times there were new OBC's, which he added to our booking. And we're in an accessible veranda, which was sold out in all classes.  We've saved literally thousands of dollars and have added $1,300 in OBC.

Worth a try...every time there is a sale before final payment date.

On 11/11/2022 at 9:06 AM, wrk2cruise said:

Generally no but if booked direct with a Celebrity CVP I'd call them and give it a try.  I've heard of a very few cases where it has worked.  

If you use a TA I don't believe they (like us) can see the current pricing on sold out cabins.

It depends on terms and conditions of each promotion/sale/deal for each cruise line.  If terms allowed, you may cancel your booking and immediately re-book your cabin with a current deal (there will be a slim chance of someone else grabbing your cabin during those few minutes while you will do your process).  Again, the key word is "re-book" - you would be able to do it only if term allow it.  Besides, you also need to look at cancelation fee if it is applicable for your current booking in order to compare an actual benefit of re-booking.