The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday December 14th, 2022

richwmn

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Just a quick post.  I am at Dodge’s airport (as in get out of Dodge) awaiting my 1st plane of 3.

I’ll come back later when I have longer lay over time assuming I can get through U.S. Customs 😉. I downloaded the Mobile Passport App so hopefully it will be of some assistance 🤞 

And happily your plane just landed, not on time but even if you're out of Dodge late you should have time to make your connections.

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a very cold Tucson. It was 29F when I got up this morning. I didn’t sleep well either, I kept hearing the heater going on and off. 

Thank you all for your Happy Anniversary wishes. I can’t believe that I’m old enough to be married for 48 years.  Well, we were young. 
DA08C550-6A41-4264-847F-3676A29FEFEA.thumb.jpeg.13788efd785564779fde5c6ce4a5a89b.jpeg

I finished decorating but am still missing a moose. We may have missed a box in the garage. We started collecting moose for Christmas a few years ago. I found an adorable one at the Christmas store in Quebec City and I put her in the kitchen windowsill along with the tree I bought on the Rotterdam last year. It broke away from the base when I packed it in our suitcase but Craig was able to fix it with Gorilla Glue. When we were in Las Vegas we bought a large moose from the Christmas store at the Bellagio. I still haven’t found the right spot for him and can’t seem to get him to sit right.  

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 29

@Sharon in AZ

7cdcffcb63097ea3e9f629bf99578a0b.jpg.412011a46455f57f876ce4957ec61e69.jpg

Sharon, you have that same brilliant smile.  Truly beautiful!

The power company here in Midland does offer a discount program if you cut back energy use during peak times.  That is between 2 pm and 7 pm.  Their recommendation is to not do laundry or run the dishwasher during these hours.  So, that is the program we have worked on since moving in.  The biggest discounts are in the summer months, probably due to air conditioning costs.  I tend to do open windows unless it is really muggy, so we'll see how it goes next summer.  

Thanks to @kochleffel for the explanation about the latkes.  I really do enjoy the historical aspects of food traditions.  

Ok, I must get busy today.  I do need to get to the grocery store as I am almost out of things to doctor up here.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from DB.   He was sitting in his wheelchair waiting for PT or OT.   Fingers crossed he goes home before we leave.

So grateful that the furnace went out this week instead while we are gone.  My DS was watching the house and the AC pooped out and she had to call the HVAC company while we were at the cabin this summer.  Glad this did not drop on her lap and figuring how to pay for it while we are in the middle of nowhere or no internet.    

• Like 22

Good morning, and Happy Anniversary,  @Sharon in AZ and @AncientWanderer!  Good for Jacqui, @kazu, getting to the airport.  There's a big storm heading for Ontario tomorrow so hopefully it won't speed up and she will get through ahead of it.  The weather report for the Maritimes and Ontario looked scary on the news last night.

The best roasted chestnuts are in Italy! They have the biggest, fattest, most beautiful ones.   My mother had a recipe from China called chicken with chestnuts (not water chestnuts) which is a family favourite.  I will be making it in the next few days, I think, and I'll freeze some for when we get back.  

Chestnuts in Rome

P1080393.thumb.JPG.693f43f6d8512902343170fa447054d5.JPG

• Like 24

Good morning. @kazuGlad to hear you are on your way.

Cold here. This dog walking at below 0F is not fun, but at least both dogs went quickly this morning. They are fast learners. My biggest problem is wrestling them into coats. Bandit does not really need his, but little Monty just stand still and shakes if out without his and he can do that for a long time. I think his little feet are cold but there is nothing I can do about that. This morning we were in luck as there was a large bare spot of lawn for Monty to utilize so his little tush did not have to touch snow. And that is more information than you probably wanted to know.... but it shows how boring my life is right now.

Everyone take care. Keep those pictures of ports, past and present, coming.

Susan

• Like 24

Good morning all!

It's 32F and fog here this morning -- but dry until Saturday when we'll get some of that "frozen mix" AKA sleet. 😉  

First of all I have to address what Annie @marshhawktold us this morning about the neighbor who lets his dog run loose at night.  This hit close to home with me, a traumatic event when my beloved first cat was killed by 2 dogs running loose. 😞  They came right into our yard.  He was 17 pounds and strong, but no match for 2 big dogs.  Needless to say, when I hear about people like that I get very upset.  Annie, I so wish there was something you could do.  To add insult to injury, when we put in a complaint about the dogs, the pound (where they were taken) told me all they could do was let the owners know and it's up to them if they want to reach out to me. Yeah sure.   GRRRRRRR  "Nuff of that.  This happened over 40 years ago and is still very upsetting to me.  DH was out to sea, the life of a Navy wife...

Dixie @summer slopeI'm sorry your DH is still testing positive.  Just not fair!

Jacqui @kazuso glad to hear that you are "on your way"!!

Happy Anniversary to Sharon @Sharon in AZ,  Maxine @AncientWandererand their DH's!

This year I put up the Village early because I thought I'd be planning DH's birthday party in early December -- instead I got sick, so I'm very glad I put it up early.  Our youngest grandson asked that I put it ALL up (usually I just do a few sections a year).  When I put all of it up it takes up 3 6-foot tables. There's a mountain and ski scene, farm, downtown, town square/park, seafront w/lighthouse, and family neighborhood.

361136623_village2022.thumb.jpg.454841285f7a5863c7032ea5aed7d3a2.jpg

2008289222_boysandvillage.thumb.jpg.0999882de12b463f7396a74734a25e64.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good morning and thanks all.   
@Sharon in AZhappy anniversary! 
@mamaofami glad you are cleared for your booster!

@StLouisCruisersglad your DD is doing well!  
@marshhawk we had a deer in our flower bed the other night that got spooked by coyotes!  Saw the coyote on our sidewalk! 
@kazu safe travels!
our DS tested positive last night, we saw him Sunday so now we wait and test, fingers crossed!  The new fridge is in the doorway!  

a few photos from lovely Aomori that we visited during cherry blossom time.  

AB77ABC5-210D-473F-B542-F3DFED344512.jpeg

E5D19F42-CD01-4CF9-87C6-87668AAA0045.jpeg

34A1A0A5-AE60-4807-923F-DC598DE579EF.jpeg

48AEE268-E79F-4FD0-9944-5066E68C0C64.jpeg

059080E6-CC1F-48F4-9BFE-EAA703292F71.jpeg

F03D683F-5A86-4869-8B07-9D59040FA505.jpeg

CB7F0D1C-8846-43DE-A2CC-4FF7C983D951.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from a very cold Tucson. It was 29F when I got up this morning. I didn’t sleep well either, I kept hearing the heater going on and off. 

Thank you all for your Happy Anniversary wishes. I can’t believe that I’m old enough to be married for 48 years.  Well, we were young. 
DA08C550-6A41-4264-847F-3676A29FEFEA.thumb.jpeg.13788efd785564779fde5c6ce4a5a89b.jpeg

I finished decorating but am still missing a moose. We may have missed a box in the garage. We started collecting moose for Christmas a few years ago. I found an adorable one at the Christmas store in Quebec City and I put her in the kitchen windowsill along with the tree I bought on the Rotterdam last year. It broke away from the base when I packed it in our suitcase but Craig was able to fix it with Gorilla Glue. When we were in Las Vegas we bought a large moose from the Christmas store at the Bellagio. I still haven’t found the right spot for him and can’t seem to get him to sit right.  

You don't look old enough Sharon.

You looked beautiful in your wedding photo and still do.

Your husband looks very smart too.

Graham.

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It's 32F and fog here this morning -- but dry until Saturday when we'll get some of that "frozen mix" AKA sleet. 😉  

First of all I have to address what Annie @marshhawktold us this morning about the neighbor who lets his dog run loose at night.  This hit close to home with me, a traumatic event when my beloved first cat was killed by 2 dogs running loose. 😞  They came right into our yard.  He was 17 pounds and strong, but no match for 2 big dogs.  Needless to say, when I hear about people like that I get very upset.  Annie, I so wish there was something you could do.  To add insult to injury, when we put in a complaint about the dogs, the pound (where they were taken) told me all they could do was let the owners know and it's up to them if they want to reach out to me. Yeah sure.   GRRRRRRR  "Nuff of that.  This happened over 40 years ago and is still very upsetting to me.  DH was out to sea, the life of a Navy wife...

Dixie @summer slopeI'm sorry your DH is still testing positive.  Just not fair!

Jacqui @kazuso glad to hear that you are "on your way"!!

Happy Anniversary to Sharon @Sharon in AZ,  Maxine @AncientWandererand their DH's!

This year I put up the Village early because I thought I'd be planning DH's birthday party in early December -- instead I got sick, so I'm very glad I put it up early.  Our youngest grandson asked that I put it ALL up (usually I just do a few sections a year).  When I put all of it up it takes up 3 6-foot tables. There's a mountain and ski scene, farm, downtown, town square/park, seafront w/lighthouse, and family neighborhood.

361136623_village2022.thumb.jpg.454841285f7a5863c7032ea5aed7d3a2.jpg

2008289222_boysandvillage.thumb.jpg.0999882de12b463f7396a74734a25e64.jpg

The village looks amazing.

Paulines best friend has something similar.

A couple of years ago our Spanish hotel for Christmas had a lovely lighted village in the main hotel lounge.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  I just checked in here for the first time today.  Many thanks for the kind anniversary wishes, but...it's not our anniversary!  It's only beautiful @Sharon in AZ's anniversary with her wonderful hubby, Craig.  I looked at Roy's list and not sure how the rumor got started.   I'm on the list for the icky Covid.  

@rafinmdRoy, I appreciate your putting me on the care list.  I can be removed now as I'm over the hump -- even picked up my dear doggie Pocket from DD's this morning.  Yay! I missed him!

@Seasick Sailor, it looks like you are having a wonderful cruise.  I love your stateroom.  Very nice digs indeed!  😍

@summer slopeSorry about your DH.  I hope you can enjoy your day.

@grapau27, my doctor really pushes silicone scar tape for healing.  It's available online.

The photo of Pauline is simply lovely.  One of my favorites, I think.

@ger_77, I saw somewhere else that Bugles were discontinued in Canada and they're an essential ingredient for Nuts & Bolts season in Canada.  Immediately thought of you!

@mamaofamiHoping all goes well with your booster.

@StLouisCruisers, I'm glad DD's surgery went well.  👍

@Cruising-along, The Village!!! It looks GREAT!  I didn't put up any Little Houses this year.  😢

@bennybear, I hope you test negative.  DH didn't get it this time from me and I didn't get it from him when he was sick.  Just so weird.  But there is a lot of it going around, that's for sure.  I'm pretty certain I caught it while in Maui.  They were having really high winds there, so for a couple of days I thought I had allergies from that.  I wore N-95 mask the whole flight home, in case it was a cold.  I was really surprised to test positive for Covid.  There were a couple days, though, after we got home, where all the signs were there -- even after so many boosters.  Now I'm just tired.

@smitty34877, that's exciting that your surgery was scheduled.  I know several people who have had great results with the hip surgery.  You'll be in our thoughts!

Thanks everyone for the Daily.  Wishing safe and fun travels for those of you out and about.  Thoughts and prayers with those having troubles.   ❤️   ❤️   ❤️

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good afternoon.  I just checked in here for the first time today.  Many thanks for the kind anniversary wishes, but...it's not our anniversary!  It's only beautiful @Sharon in AZ's anniversary with her wonderful hubby, Craig.  I looked at Roy's list and not sure how the rumor got started.   I'm on the list for the icky Covid.  

@rafinmdRoy, I appreciate your putting me on the care list.  I can be removed now as I'm over the hump -- even picked up my dear doggie Pocket from DD's this morning.  Yay! I missed him!

@Seasick Sailor, it looks like you are having a wonderful cruise.  I love your stateroom.  Very nice digs indeed!  😍

@summer slopeSorry about your DH.  I hope you can enjoy your day.

@grapau27, my doctor really pushes silicone scar tape for healing.  It's available online.

The photo of Pauline is simply lovely.  One of my favorites, I think.

@ger_77, I saw somewhere else that Bugles were discontinued in Canada and they're an essential ingredient for Nuts & Bolts season in Canada.  Immediately thought of you!

@mamaofamiHoping all goes well with your booster.

@StLouisCruisers, I'm glad DD's surgery went well.  👍

@Cruising-along, The Village!!! It looks GREAT!  I didn't put up any Little Houses this year.  😢

@bennybear, I hope you test negative.  DH didn't get it this time from me and I didn't get it from him when he was sick.  Just so weird.  But there is a lot of it going around, that's for sure.  I'm pretty certain I caught it while in Maui.  They were having really high winds there, so for a couple of days I thought I had allergies from that.  I wore N-95 mask the whole flight home, in case it was a cold.  I was really surprised to test positive for Covid.  There were a couple days, though, after we got home, where all the signs were there -- even after so many boosters.  Now I'm just tired.

@smitty34877, that's exciting that your surgery was scheduled.  I know several people who have had great results with the hip surgery.  You'll be in our thoughts!

Thanks everyone for the Daily.  Wishing safe and fun travels for those of you out and about.  Thoughts and prayers with those having troubles.   ❤️   ❤️   ❤️

Thank you for your advice and kind words about Pauline.

I'm pleased to hear you are feeling a lot better now.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Just a quick post.  I am at Dodge’s airport (as in get out of Dodge) awaiting my 1st plane of 3.

I’ll come back later when I have longer lay over time assuming I can get through U.S. Customs 😉. I downloaded the Mobile Passport App so hopefully it will be of some assistance 🤞 

Screenshot_20221210_160136.jpg

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good afternoon.  I just checked in here for the first time today.  Many thanks for the kind anniversary wishes, but...it's not our anniversary!  It's only beautiful @Sharon in AZ's anniversary with her wonderful hubby, Craig.  I looked at Roy's list and not sure how the rumor got started.

Lol --- I did wonder.  But Debbie @dfishsaid in post #31 that it is your anniversary and I've never known Debbie to be wrong. 😅  I thought I'd missed it somewhere. 🙂  

Thank you for your kind words about my Village.  There are 40 major buildings and countless smaller buildings and accessories.  That's why I don't put everything up every year -- but when a grandchild asks....  😉  

• Like 20

The office cat has followed me into the den, and is now telling me I need to go to work,  and I would be at work if the hours hadn't been cut.  Zoom meeting tonight at 6.  Whooppee!

@smitty34877Great about the surgery getting scheduled!

I got a call this morning from the medical group regarding my request for a change of primary physician.  The doctor my friend Debbie told about will not take any one who wants to switch doctors.  Only new patients.  He said he had someone else that he could recommend, and that he would check with them and call me back.  Which he did within an hour, but I cant get in to see her until the end of January.  So I will continue coughing and  sucking on  cough drops for at least another month.  Getting two hours of sleep at a time, if I'm lucky.  I cough so hard, that I get cramps in my sides, and gasp for air, and this stinks.  Why the original doctor refused to treat me is one thing, why he couldn't refer me to an ENT is another.  The endocrinologist said that she could not refer me, it has to be from my primary, and that was a circle I no longer wanted to play in.  

Roasted chestnuts.  Yes I had them as a child when we lived in France.  I remember liking them, nutty texture, warm and a little sweet.  When we came back to the states, we lived and stayed in suburbia NJ and I never saw roasted chestnuts.  Lived in Boston, moved to St. Paul, back to NJ and then to the Atlanta area, and I still have never seen anyone sell roasted chestnuts.  I either need to find where I can buy some chestnuts, and learn to roast them myself, Or ...plan a trip back to France.

th?id=OIP.fNJhXdMmSldlhkhLip2HWQHaHa&pid=Api&P=0

My boss sent me a text this week of a song -it was called Chipmunks roasting on an open Fire.  All I can say, is if you want a good hearty laugh, google it. oh it's sick.  but funny!  and totally politically incorrect.  just a warning.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@StLouisCruisersSandi, I’m waving across the island to you from Falmouth. Too hot and muggy for us to be out for long. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

👋 here’s a wave back!  You know originally Volendam was supposed to be in Falmouth today but they changed our port before sailing date. Not sure what the reason was.  Usually they give the “operational reasons” excuse.  Enjoy your day there!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Happy Anniversary!💐🍾

• Like 9