The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday December 27th, 2022

rafinmd

👍Greetings again from our cruise on the Zuiderdam....no pkg for internet ( 🙃 ) so I post from the  port of Cozumel!

No beach day for us ..rain,  rain and more rain!☂️🤪 The dark clouds at the pier should have been clue #1!!

💕Katie, Dennis and Aunt Viviane from Belgium 

20221227_114115.jpg

• Like 21

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

Good Wednesday morning from the Noordam    
     We are just docking in Auckland and will be here for 2 days. Weather is warm and skies are blue. Beautiful day. 
 Our plan is to take the hop on hop off . 
  We were in Tauranga yesterday and had a really great day. Had “hokey- pokey” ice cream for the first time. Delicious! 
 We will be in the Bay of Islands on Friday. Thanks for the pictures! 
   I have to learn how to post pictures- I am very challenged and am on my phone. 
    We are still wearing masks, most are compliant. Heard there were 8 guests with covid. So maybe the masks are working???  We have remained healthy and his whole trip but still have that dreaded long flight home. 
     Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

I use an android phone Charlene.

Screenshot_20221227_193734_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221227_193257_android.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, garlictown said:

👍Greetings again from our cruise on the Zuiderdam....no pkg for internet ( 🙃 ) so I post from the  port of Cozumel!

No beach day for us ..rain,  rain and more rain!☂️🤪 The dark clouds at the pier should have been clue #1!!

💕Katie, Dennis and Aunt Viviane from Belgium 

20221227_114115.jpg

Katie tell Aunt Viviane hello from Joy and Allen! We are on Rotterdam til 1-25. A zillion kiddo's 1226221818_HDR.thumb.jpg.d5749acb36bae045c12b565d827e6e26.jpg

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@ger_77 I think you mentioned ice today.  Did DH get to the Dentist?

Roy

I mentioned freezing rain - but it wasn't for us, it was a couple of hours west of here.  And yes, DH did get there; he was the first patient through the door when they opened at 8 this morning.  He now has a tooth on the partial plate and will return tomorrow where they will reline it so it fits better.  DH thought it better to pay $600 now for a relining of the plate, rather than $3200 for a new one.  He said "I'm 81, almost 82, how long does it have to last?"  LOL  

• Like 18

39 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Since many here have probably visited Patmos

PXL_20221227_200616220.thumb.jpg.0e78b5ec8cfcfa44fb45bbd8c58d3417.jpg

For the Junior Cat

PXL_20221227_194945902.thumb.jpg.0dd50b3fa7ceac7a977092bb6258d4f0.jpg

Patmos isn’t usually a HAL port. On our 2001 Med cruise on the Rotterdam we weren’t able to get to Athens due to a transportation strike and went to Patmos instead. What a gorgeous beautiful island!

• Like 13

I'm happy to report that DH did get some anti-nausea meds.  The nurse still wasn't able to talk to the doctor (he's in surgery all day) but another doctor wrote the prescription.  There should be enough for the next 4 treatments too, so we shouldn't have to go through this again.  Now fingers crossed they work for him.

• Like 22

9 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

Thanks, everyone, for the Welcome!   You are all such a Kind group.  A sincere thank you to you all !

Our church vicar David sends me our sermon on a Sunday a couple of hours before the service and I have  posted it here every Sunday for several months.

This is a photo of our church.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221225_132431.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11

8 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Patmos isn’t usually a HAL port. On our 2001 Med cruise on the Rotterdam we weren’t able to get to Athens due to a transportation strike and went to Patmos instead. What a gorgeous beautiful island!

It is So on my list,  wish HAL would hit a few more different Greek islands

@Cruising-along hoping the meds work! Are you feeling any stronger? 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I mentioned freezing rain - but it wasn't for us, it was a couple of hours west of here.  And yes, DH did get there; he was the first patient through the door when they opened at 8 this morning.  He now has a tooth on the partial plate and will return tomorrow where they will reline it so it fits better.  DH thought it better to pay $600 now for a relining of the plate, rather than $3200 for a new one.  He said "I'm 81, almost 82, how long does it have to last?"  LOL  

I told my dentist my new crown needs to last thirty years, lol!  
We got the freezing rain, absolutely treacherous!

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 12

3 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Thank you Brenda!  I'm so much better than even last week.  This took a lot out of me, so I don't feel like I'm completely back to normal as far as energy goes, but definitely better each day.  What I need is good gardening weather (ha, that won't happen for 3+ more months!).

• Like 16

Well, we made it to San Diego, with our bags, and only a little delay while they hunted up a plane for us.  Sadly, quite a number on the roll call seem to be having their flights cancelled and have to drive here!

Pat is having a nap, it was a very early morning, but at least no time change for us.  

• Like 14

I was on aNother Cruise Line for an itinerary that included Patmos, but it was just in the evening, after Kusadasi, and I was so tired from Ephesus that I didn’t go ashore.

I must have been tired yesterday, too, because I went to bed at 10:00 and slept uninterrupted until 8:00, then made and drank a cup of coffee, went back to bed, and slept until 11:45 a.m. I did get to the National Gallery, hence the Titian of St. John and the Still Life with Fish and Cat by Clara Peeters (Flemish, 17th c.).

13AD67BE-BCFC-406D-A8F4-7AC47846396C.jpeg.633010142d24f5cda8450fcd832c339a.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

Well, the waiting game continues. DDIL is still in the hospital-the 1 pm test was finally finished about 4 pm which made it too late to get results and discharge her. I had hoped to celebrate Christmas, her discharge, and our 53rd anniversary today but I guess that won't happen. Looks like their anniversary trip to St. Augustine isn't going to happen either. The good news is there is a treatment plan and she'll be home tomorrow-just in time for our flight home. It has been a good visit in spite of everything.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Well, we made it to San Diego, with our bags, and only a little delay while they hunted up a plane for us.  Sadly, quite a number on the roll call seem to be having their flights cancelled and have to drive here!

Pat is having a nap, it was a very early morning, but at least no time change for us.  

Bon Voyage and so glad you are there safely.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We arrived home just before 5 pm so it was a long day.  There were so many miles of back ups north of Atlanta, which is usual but even worse today. Way too many cars on the road even with 5 to 7 lanes each direction. It took at least another hour but the roads today were so much better than Saturday.  We've gotten the car/truck unpacked and eaten dinner (a frozen pizza), but the wine was good!  Sorry I don't have much to respond to everyone but we're exhausted so plan on an early bedtime.

I was updating my port of the day spreadsheet but see that the Aug. 30, 2021 prior post by Rich was Whangarei while the Feb. 9, 2022 port was Waitangi.  Since they are not the same and not even close to each other IMO I wonder if they should be counted as duplicates?   I planning on keeping them separate on my spreadsheet  I didn't see any other pictures than Lenda's so Whangarei is probably not a frequent port for cruisers. Anywhere in New Zealand is a great place to see so I hope others can get there someday.

We will unpack a few things and "hit the hay" as the old timers used to say, very early.  Good night everyone!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the daily information.

Whangarei is quite a distance from Waitangi.  Doubt that msny if any cruise ships call at Whangarei.

Today, Wednesday, Is a splendid sunny Summer day,  temperature 27 C.

@ocean sounds  welcome to the Holland America Line "Daily".  

@Cruising-along  am thankful that your DH has the anti nausea medication, will he take a dose before the bladder washout begins? 

@ger_77 pleased that the dental treatment for your DH is underway.

@cunnorl enjoy your time in Auckland, will you take the ferry over to Devonport?   Do you fly home from Auckland?       Hope that you reported that bus driver.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, erewhon said:

@Cruising-along  am thankful that your DH has the anti nausea medication, will he take a dose before the bladder washout begins? 

Thank you!

Since it can cause dizziness and he drove himself to the procedure, they told him to just take it as soon as he got home.  He'll take it a couple more times tonight, and see how he's doing in the morning (that's when the nausea hit him last time, the next morning).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

@SusieKIslandGirlHappy Anniversary to you and DH!  Sorry DDIL didn’t get discharged today, and that their expected trip is now off the books.  Hopefully she’ll be feeling better soon, and that you and DH can celebrate by going out when you get home. 
@Vict0riannglad you arrived safely; Bon Voyage to you!

@StLouisCruisersits good to be safe at home after a long day of driving.  Enjoy the rest of your own bed tonight!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, bennybear said:

It is So on my list,  wish HAL would hit a few more different Greek islands

It’s fantastic, it’s a beautiful picturesque Greek island. I felt like it was a dream because it was so pretty. We took a tour that included the cave of St John where he was exiled and wrote the book of Revelation and the tiny Greek Orthodox Church nearby. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Typo
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.  DD and DSIL arrived safely this morning.  Our ham dinner with green bean casserole and roasted carrots was a success.   Clean up of a big meal is so much easier and faster with three doing the work, just as cooking was easier with three of us doing the work.

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Remember yesterday morning when I said that the water in the toilet was slightly off?  And then DH ran water in the pink sink last night , and yup, it was "tan" too.  This morning my neighbor called me from work-turns out our neighborhood is under a boil water advisory.  NOt that they would actually put that in the news.  And then we got a phone call from CODERED, but if you dont have a home phone anymore, they wont call.  So at least we are advised  I guess with everyone letting their faucets drip for 5 nights, we drained all the water, and are now sucking in things that dont belong in the water.  So, I am off to walk the dog, as now the water is brown, and a shower is not in the immediate future, get some lunch, and go get some water.

Annie, sorry about the water and the boil notice.  I hope they get things fixed soon.

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Gerry, I'm glad your DH got the  plate repaired.  Hope it lasts a long time.

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm happy to report that DH did get some anti-nausea meds.  The nurse still wasn't able to talk to the doctor (he's in surgery all day) but another doctor wrote the prescription.  There should be enough for the next 4 treatments too, so we shouldn't have to go through this again.  Now fingers crossed they work for him.

Carolyn, I'm glad your DH got the anti-nausea meds and 🤞that they work for him.  

5 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

He said "I'm 81, almost 82, how long does it have to last?"  LOL  

The correct answer is a very long time!

That's a great answer.

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Ann, I'm glad you got to San Diego safely and without too much trouble.  Too bad some are dealing with canceled flights.

3 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Well, the waiting game continues. DDIL is still in the hospital-the 1 pm test was finally finished about 4 pm which made it too late to get results and discharge her. I had hoped to celebrate Christmas, her discharge, and our 53rd anniversary today but I guess that won't happen. Looks like their anniversary trip to St. Augustine isn't going to happen either. The good news is there is a treatment plan and she'll be home tomorrow-just in time for our flight home. It has been a good visit in spite of everything.

I'm sorry your DDIL is still in the hospital.  I hope she gets home tomorrow, and sorry their trip is not going to happen.  I'm happy there is a treatment plan.  HAPPY 53RD ANNIVERSARY!

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We arrived home just before 5 pm so it was a long day.  There were so many miles of back ups north of Atlanta, which is usual but even worse today. Way too many cars on the road even with 5 to 7 lanes each direction. It took at least another hour but the roads today were so much better than Saturday.  We've gotten the car/truck unpacked and eaten dinner (a frozen pizza), but the wine was good!  Sorry I don't have much to respond to everyone but we're exhausted so plan on an early bedtime.

I was updating my port of the day spreadsheet but see that the Aug. 30, 2021 prior post by Rich was Whangarei while the Feb. 9, 2022 port was Waitangi.  Since they are not the same and not even close to each other IMO I wonder if they should be counted as duplicates?   I planning on keeping them separate on my spreadsheet  I didn't see any other pictures than Lenda's so Whangarei is probably not a frequent port for cruisers. Anywhere in New Zealand is a great place to see so I hope others can get there someday.

We will unpack a few things and "hit the hay" as the old timers used to say, very early.  Good night everyone!

Sandi, I'm glad you made it home safely.  IIRC, on August 30, 2021, there was a mix up about the ports, and pictures from Whagarel were posted instead. That is why I listed both days today.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3