Can I bring a manual OJ machine

mcatmcat

I love orange juice in the morning and I use my diamond drink for it. Unfortunately I noticed that they always use different oranges compared to those big yellows offered in the windjammer. I asked if they’d were able to use those and they said no

so, can I bring my manual oj machine. I rather do my own OJ using the oranges that I want 

thanks 

If it is the manual turn and twist I don’t see why not. 

For some reason the episode of Family Guy when Chris starts a push mower comes to mind. Google Chris starts lawnmower if you don’t remember the skit. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

When leaving the terminal I always take a quick glance at the table where they have the confiscated items waiting for reclaim. 

It is amazing what kind of crazy stuff people try to take on the ship!!

OMG, right? the shear amount of people who want to iron stuff on vacation is amazing. 

I do want to bring my heating pad tho. I wonder if it is allowed...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I always take my heating pad (with automatic shutoff) and have not had an issue on any cruise line or port.  It is always in a carry on (I only do carry on), so not sure if that makes a difference.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

The things people want to bring on vacation.  We saw somebody last time who had their own collapsible cart for all their stuff.  Definitely not for me.

That's a good idea.  The wheel was invented so people didn't have to carry things.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Do you mean like a glass juicer? Smash/Juice and pour out of bowl? That would probably be fine, if you want to go to all the trouble. And bring plastic bags for the rinds. Electric OJ machine would not be allowed. 

We have one like this, that we use sometimes. https://a.co/d/0k9NlpR

yeah I have a plastic one at home

thanks

2 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

OMG, right? the shear amount of people who want to iron stuff on vacation is amazing. 

2 hours ago, missnd said:

I always take my heating pad (with automatic shutoff) and have not had an issue on any cruise line or port.  It is always in a carry on (I only do carry on), so not sure if that makes a difference.

Heating pads are officially on the naught list; I have seen them on the table post cruise. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Heating pads are officially on the naught list; I have seen them on the table post cruise. 

that is what i thought but my DD brought hers in her checked luggage last cruise and i dont know if they didnt catch it or it was approved since it has an auto shut off... 

58 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

I can't but why should I stop drinking the OJ that I want?

So what if others wouldn't bring a manual juicer for fresh orange juice. Bring that juicer if it makes you happy.

Mrs. Dawg brings her special tea bags with her. The tea served on board is not up to her standards. 

vive la dif·fé·rence!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Me, i just go with the flow and if something i want isnt there , i can handle it for a week.

Although in Coastal Kitchen, our server brought us Tropicana OJ , and it was so sweet it made me and my wife`s eyes water. ( we dont do sugar at all )

And i havent had juice in a long time.

So he replaced it with fresh squeezed and that was fine .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

The things people want to bring on vacation.  We saw somebody last time who had their own collapsible cart for all their stuff.  Definitely not for me.

Ha, not surprised... Though  I remember back in the 80's there'd be dozens of Golfers carrying on their Clubs/Bags. Of course back then you could also hit Golf Balls off the Ship along with Skeet Shooting 

My husband decided ONCE to bring plastic hand juicer. We never used it (Who can remember to have enough oranges in the cabin, who remembers to have a knife to cut the oranges in half, who wants to take the time to hand squeeze oranges, who wants  all that mess?). It went in the trash and never was on the packing list again. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2